Author Topic: LC: Arsenal 0 vs 2 Liverpool (0-2) Jota 19’ 78’  (Read 21759 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
LC: Arsenal 0 vs 2 Liverpool (0-2) Jota 19’ 78’
« on: January 20, 2022, 06:47:26 pm »
First leg was 10 behind the wall affair.

Will Arsenal be able to field a team?

Time will tell.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 09:21:13 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LC: Arsenal vs Liverpool (0-0)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 06:49:50 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 06:51:47 pm »
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 07:05:08 pm »
First leg was 10 behind the wall affair.

Will Arsenal be able to field a team?

Time will tell.

I think so.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 07:45:27 pm »
0 underway at the emirates conference centre

W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 07:48:03 pm »
2 early corner for Martinelli.  Good defending by TAA

Cleared well, but there’s another one.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2022, 07:48:47 pm »
3 great header by Matip, but Arsenal get the second ball and we scramble it away.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 07:50:29 pm »
4 free kick right on the edge of the box to Arsenal

Gordon lying on the floor behind the wall.  Poor lad!

Off the bar and cleared. Saved I think
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2022, 07:56:06 pm »
10 All Arsenal right now, we can’t get in the game.

W

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2022, 07:56:47 pm »
Arsenal exerting early pressure - Liverpool equal to challenge so far.

They're trying to replicate what they did against City

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2022, 07:57:03 pm »
We have such little pace at the moment, and too many of our cross field balls are not accurate enough at the moment.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2022, 07:58:30 pm »
12 corner to the reds.

A good move forwards.  Need to impose ourselves more on midfield though.

it’s headed back across goal by Fabinho and Matip sticks it away at the back post, but he’s offside.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2022, 08:00:16 pm »
Jones and Henderson just aren’t in the game.  They can’t get the ball and lose it when they do.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2022, 08:02:36 pm »
Jones and Henderson just aren’t in the game.  They can’t get the ball and lose it when they do.

I don't think any of our midfielders have started yet. Even Fab is getting beaten to balls so far, we just look slower all round.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2022, 08:04:27 pm »
19 0-1 Jota!

The reds break, an outrageous flick by Bobby on half way, Jota cuts inside and past three and shoots home.  A terrible shot, so bad the keeper had no idea where it was going :lmao
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 08:06:09 pm by TepidT2O »
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2022, 08:05:01 pm »
Goddam! As that unfolded I thought 'this is bloody slick'

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2022, 08:05:11 pm »
19 0-1 Jota!

You are two minutes ahead of me!  ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: LC: Arsenal 0 vs 1 Liverpool (0-1) Jota 19’
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2022, 08:08:34 pm »

Henderson and Jones need to do far more, use the ball better, assert themselves.  Gordon is spending most of his time covering TAA, that’s not his job, get up front!

Over to Jill……
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2022, 08:08:46 pm »
:lmao that was an outrageous goal - from Trent to Bobby who flicked it on the middle of the pitch and then Jota just ran at and across before scuffing it in and it trickled in slow motion

:lmao

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2022, 08:11:23 pm »
24 A free kick for Liverpool after a foul on Bobby. It comes to nothing as Arsenal clear the ball.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2022, 08:13:33 pm »
27 A swift attack by Arsenal and Fab helps out Van Dijk and we clear.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2022, 08:14:21 pm »
what a tackle it was by Fab

Still, ooor defendignnto start with.

Where is Henderson?
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2022, 08:15:12 pm »
29 A nice combination there between Robbo and Jota down the left, but Jota's cross is too harsh and goes across the goal.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2022, 08:15:29 pm »
brilliant tackle - get that even slightly wrong and it's a penalty for Arsenal.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2022, 08:16:07 pm »
what a tackle it was by Fab

Still, ooor defendignnto start with.

Where is Henderson?

He doesn't seem to be moving well at all at the moment.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2022, 08:17:11 pm »
31 We are very careless with our passing, Matip can't get to the ball quick enough and Saka runs off with the ball which ends up with a corner to Arsenal. We clear upfield.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2022, 08:19:08 pm »
32 It's not working in midfield. Jones pushes the ball forward but its not accurate enough and then confounded by Henderson not able to get there.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2022, 08:19:29 pm »
Joel's made a couple of uncharacteristic errors....

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2022, 08:21:30 pm »
34 Now it's Arsenal's turn to find it hard to get the ball away. We had a lot of possession in there putting a lot of pressure on the Arsenal goal, but just unable to take advantage. Arsenal get the ball away and break, but Kelleher sees the danger and nicely intercepts and passes the ball down field. Nicely done.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2022, 08:24:09 pm »
37 We are pressing quite high at the moment with the affect that Arsenal are forced to launch a ball down field but it goes straight out for a goal kick to us.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2022, 08:26:25 pm »
40 We are working really hard at the moment, hunting in twos and threes which is forcing Arsenal to either pass back or launch it long, we are controlling the game well at the moment.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2022, 08:28:34 pm »
42 The game's pace has dropped as we approach half time. We are prepared to allow Arsenal the ball, as they are not creating much with it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2022, 08:29:58 pm »
44 Lacezette is booked for leaving his foot in on Curtis Jones.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2022, 08:30:46 pm »
45+1  Into added on time.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2022, 08:30:53 pm »
Bobby doesn't really do outrageous flicks, all flicks are one to him, no?

They're just flicks... ;D
Is right
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2022, 08:32:38 pm »
46 We get a free kick for a foul  on Jota. Robbo takes it but Arsenal clear hack it down field but we clear also. Ref blows whistle. 0-1 to Liverpool.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2022, 08:47:40 pm »
Looks like Konate is coming on.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2022, 08:47:56 pm »
45 Konate replaces Matip at half time.  I suspect that was pre planned  as we’ve done it quite a bit before in-the cup.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2022, 08:51:47 pm »
48 Konate with a firm ball to Gordon, he takes it on the half turn and his through ball is just cut out form Jota

Ball over the top to LaCazette who is one on one but shoots over. Might have been offside from that but it was very close.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2022, 08:54:15 pm »
51 wow wow wow Jota absolutely roasts Ben White, gets it the by line, cuts it back and Gordon fires over…

What a chance
W