Author Topic: Smiley tunnel faces  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Smiley tunnel faces
« on: January 13, 2022, 10:04:07 am »
I mentioned this to my missus a few decades ago and she hadn't noticed til then and now when we drive past the Liver Buildings, it always makes us smile

Little happy smiley tunnel thingy :)

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Smiley tunnel faces
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 11:14:16 am »
Strange man.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 11:26:12 am »
Strange man.

:lmao

Not quite sure what the tunnel but refers to, unless you mean when you catch sight of the Liver Building as you come out of them.

Always remember my Grandad taking me into town by bus or sometimes driving in and straining to catch a glimpse of the Liver birds though. Still do slightly on the occasions I’m back, it is such an iconic building.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 11:40:39 am »
Strange man.
I must be strange too. 😊

If I'm not mistaken, Andy is referring to the Mersey Tunnel ventilation tower on The Strand. It looks, especially in certain lighting, like it has little faces on each side.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 11:44:50 am »
I must be strange too. 😊

If I'm not mistaken, Andy is referring to the Mersey Tunnel ventilation tower on The Strand. It looks, especially in certain lighting, like it has little faces on each side.

Oh. That makes more sense! I know where you mean.

I withdraw my nostalgic remarks about how seeing a famous building makes me feel.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 11:53:46 am »
I must be strange too. 😊

Well your not because you explained what he clearly never explained and his post just sounded weird, but he is also a man that never wears shorts even in the summertime so it is to be expected.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 11:54:34 am »
I must be strange too. 😊

Indeed.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 11:54:58 am »
Oh. That makes more sense! I know where you mean.

I withdraw my nostalgic remarks about how seeing a famous building makes me feel.

Strange man  ;D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 11:56:10 am »
And now when you all go past there, you'll be able to have a little smile yourself looking at them :)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 11:59:55 am »
Yeah it does. Used to be able to see it from my apartment and of an evening when it lights up it looks like one even more.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2022, 07:26:37 pm »
Yeah it does. Used to be able to see it from my apartment and of an evening when it lights up it looks like one even more.

Was that before the letting agent turned up and spoiled your evening reverie?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 07:45:38 pm »
Was that before the letting agent turned up and spoiled your evening reverie?

Was a nightly occurrence!