Author Topic: Melwood visit on morning of match  (Read 1688 times)

Offline CashoBasho

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Melwood visit on morning of match
« on: November 2, 2021, 09:12:48 am »
Hi all, first time poster 😃

Quick question - I am bringing the young lad to his first game later in the month (Southampton) and was wondering is it worth going out to Melwood the morning of the game to see the players arrive in and have the chance of getting an autograph, and then head back in for the game? Or is it too much hassle and time and takes time away from soaking up the atmosphere at Anfield before the game?

Many thanks,
 :wave

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Melwood visit on morning of match
« Reply #1 on: November 2, 2021, 09:19:56 am »
no, because they're at Kirkby now
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #2 on: November 2, 2021, 10:34:08 am »
I don't even think they go to Kirkby on matchdays, also you're probably not likely to be getting any autographs the morning of. Best bet is to stay after the match and hopefully catch them leaving but again very small chance

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #3 on: November 2, 2021, 11:00:57 am »
I don't even think they go to Kirkby on matchdays, also you're probably not likely to be getting any autographs the morning of. Best bet is to stay after the match and hopefully catch them leaving but again very small chance

You can't get to the area where the coach arrives/leaves, so there's no chance of getting any autographs.

Offline CashoBasho

• Boys Pen
« Reply #4 on: November 2, 2021, 11:03:32 am »
Ok, thanks all 👍🏻

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 2, 2021, 11:07:24 am »
:D

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #6 on: November 2, 2021, 12:07:41 pm »
You can't get to the area where the coach arrives/leaves, so there's no chance of getting any autographs.
the players usually leave in their cars

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7 on: November 2, 2021, 03:24:55 pm »
Your best bet is the hotel in town they stay in the night before home games. I'm assuming they still let people wait outside there. If so they go out for a walk in the morning usually and people can get pics.

After the match they drive straight out of the new players tunnel so there's no chance then.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 3, 2021, 11:16:03 am »
They are usually at the Hope St Hotel before the game, I've seen the bus outside a couple of times when I've been walking to/from places
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 3, 2021, 11:36:01 am »
They are usually at the Hope St Hotel before the game, I've seen the bus outside a couple of times when I've been walking to/from places

Yeah that's right, saw them a couple times on Hope street but not sure if that's for certain times of games like early or late kick offs, etc.

Maybe best chance of getting reasonably close before the game is waiting for the coaches to arrive at Anfield and watch them get off, as they shouldn't change that location I wouldn't think  ;D

Offline mikey9281

• Kemlynite
« Reply #10 on: November 3, 2021, 11:43:47 am »
The bus has blacked out windows, so you can't see who is on it.  When it arrives at the ground they raise a shutter, drives in and shutter closes. No opportunity to see the players at all.

Best best it the hotel as others mention.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 3, 2021, 02:36:26 pm »
The bus has blacked out windows, so you can't see who is on it.  When it arrives at the ground they raise a shutter, drives in and shutter closes. No opportunity to see the players at all.

Best best it the hotel as others mention.

Ah right, never been down so wouldn't know. Yeah hotel would be best bet then if it is figured out they would actually be there for that game/time.

Offline MassRed

• Boys Pen
« Reply #12 on: December 1, 2021, 08:02:16 pm »
On a related note, does anyone know if the public can visit or tour the AXA Training Centre? I couldn't find anything about this on the LFC website, but I thought I'd ask.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 1, 2021, 10:52:53 pm »
The fact you can’t find it probably answers your question

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14 on: December 1, 2021, 10:58:07 pm »
The fact you can’t find it probably answers your question

Especially in the current climate with COVID it’s hardly likely they’d want any outsiders around even if the players aren’t there.
I was lucky enough to tour Melwood with my son about  6 years ago when the club had organised tours, but even that was during the close season when there was no one around.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #15 on: December 3, 2021, 12:33:55 am »
Especially in the current climate with COVID it’s hardly likely they’d want any outsiders around even if the players aren’t there.
I was lucky enough to tour Melwood with my son about  6 years ago when the club had organised tours, but even that was during the close season when there was no one around.

No pictures too.. except in the press bit
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17