Author Topic: PL: Watford 0 vs 5 Liverpool Mane ‘8 Bobby ‘37 ‘53 ‘90+1Mo ‘54  (Read 22682 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1

Watford vs LIVERPOOL FC - Vicarage Road 12:30pm Saturday 16th October 2021 live on BT Sports

Saturdays Officials courtesy of 4pool

Referee: Jonathan Moss.
Assistants: Marc Perry, Timothy Wood.
Fourth official: Tony Harrington.
VAR: Stuart Attwell.
Assistant VAR: Darren Cann.

Well thank fuck the international breaks almost done and we can finally look forward to some proper football again. And as we’re annoyingly first up at 12:30 on Saturday, we can hopefully use our annoyance and capitalise by getting a head start on the rest.

So to Vicarage Road we go. My first ever experience of watching Liverpool live was on New Years Day 1985 at Vicarage Road, it ended 1-1 with a late equaliser from, well Ian Rush, obviously! Also thanks to my grandad being based in North West London at the time we saw the same fixture in January 1986 which resulted in a far more enjoyable 3-2 victory with goals from Rush and a double from Paul Walsh.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OVg5q4k2e10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OVg5q4k2e10</a>

Hopefully the pitch will be a little more playable on Saturday.

Anyway in more recent times the games that stand out in my mind aren’t necessarily the good ones. When I tried to think of particular games for this I recalled the match with Bogdan in goal which was early in Klopp’s time and wasn’t good at all. Then of course there was Salah’s first game where we somehow contrived to draw 3-3 allowing them an equaliser with virtually the last kick.
And of course last time we played there in the season we finally won 19 they broke our unbeaten run with a 3-0 victory not long before Covid really took hold.

Not sure why those games stand out because on the whole we have a decent record there. Aside from the games mentioned above there were a couple of defeats in the eighties and the famous 1970 FA Cup loss that was the beginning of the end for a number of Shankly’s first great Liverpool team. We’ve won every other visit there outside of that new years day game in 1985 and an FA Cup game in 1967 (we won the replay).

In terms of this season after winning at home on the opening day they lost three in a row in the league before winning at Norwich, since then they’ve gone out of the League Cup at home and managed a draw at home to Newcastle before losing to Leeds 1-0 in their last game. All of which leaves them 15th in league, so in some ways you could consider not the worst start for them as I’d imagine they’ll be happy just to avoid relegation. Despite that the Watford board have already replaced the manager, and will be hoping Claudio Ranieri is more Leicester less Fulham form wise.

Troy Deeney has now departed so he won’t be sniffing round Virgil at least. Their top scorer is unsurprisingly the regularly linked with us Ismaila Sarr and their other most likely danger seems to come from the other wing in Emmanuel Bonaventure who’s also managed to get a couple so far. They seem to line up in a 4-5-1 type formation with two holding midfielders behind Bonaventure, Tufan & Sarr with Joshua King up front. However it sounds as though King may be out for this game.

So onto us.

On the whole it’s been a really positive start, although consecutive draws before the break was a little frustrating, but we’ll never stop enjoying Mo’s last goal as long as we live. What a player, one of the very best to have worn the liver bird on his chest.

It sounds as though Jota & Trent will be available but Thiago is still out, and given they won’t be back until Friday Fabinho & Alisson are considered unlikely. While I expect Fabinho not to play I do wonder if Alisson will – but we’ll likely have to wait until Saturday morning to find out. As things stand I think we have the majority of the squad available and it just depends how the boss wants to play it with two massive games to follow.

I’ll leave it to others to speculate on how we may line up, but we certainly should be taking the 3 points here despite the difficulties regarding the kick off time and international break.

COME ON RED MEN!

PS Massive thanks to Hazell for the help in finally being able to embed the video, I'm now an expert and can help others with this...NOT!

Edit: may have spoken too soon, the video looked to work on my PC but can’t see it on my phone  :butt
I think it may be due to Safari not supporting flash but it appears others can view but if you can’t you’re not alone!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 02:17:33 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Watford vs Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 11:38:57 am »

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 12:30:26 pm »
0 Liverpool kick off.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 12:31:46 pm »
Did Trent pull up injured there?

I might be being paranoid
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 12:31:47 pm »
1 Getting off to a fast start and the move ends with Salah smashing the crossbar. The linesman has raised his flag though.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 12:32:50 pm »
2 What a pass by Van Dijk, but Salah's shot is deflected over the bar for a corner. The corner by Trent was just too high for us.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 12:34:28 pm »
3 We get a second corner, but Trent hasn't quite found the range yet but a really good start by us so far.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 12:35:56 pm »
5 So far, we continue to control the possession, Watford have hardly had touch of the ball.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 12:38:05 pm »
7 Salah is tormenting Rose they can't get the ball off him at the moment. We just have to sort the last ball out and you sense a goal is coming.

What did I say? Great work by Salah and Mane puts the ball in the net. 0-1.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2021, 12:38:20 pm »
Wow
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Watford 0 vs 1 Liverpool Mane ‘8
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2021, 12:39:32 pm »
Salah has made an incredible start to the game his confidence is so high.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2021, 12:39:34 pm »
What a pass that was.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2021, 12:39:42 pm »
Poor Danny Rose…

Mo has made his life a misery… and we’re not  10 minutes in yet
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2021, 12:41:22 pm »
10 We continue to dominate the game, our passing has been wonderful so far everyone knows where everyone else is. But Watford are standing off us. Salah once again surrounded by defenders but still gets a shot in, goalie does well to palm it away.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2021, 12:43:43 pm »
12 This is such a dominant display, Watford just have no substance. We almost opened them up again but Hendo's pass is just a bit too strong for Sadio.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2021, 12:45:41 pm »
15 Our fans in good voice, the Bobby song getting an airing. We continue to tie the noose around this game, relentless pressure on the Watford goal.

Over to Tepid.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2021, 12:46:15 pm »
16 the reds are playing rolls Royce football at the moment

W

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2021, 12:47:05 pm »
10 We continue to dominate the game, our passing has been wonderful so far everyone knows where everyone else is. But Watford are standing off us. Salah once again surrounded by defenders but still gets a shot in, goalie does well to palm it away.
Young Ben Foster up to his game raising antics against us again.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 01:04:32 pm by Rush 82 »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2021, 12:47:11 pm »
17 Keita moves forwards and plays the ball into the box, Bobby is muscled out of a chance

Ranieri  is doing his nut on the touch line
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2021, 12:47:12 pm »
This must be the best we've played coming back off a international break with it also being an early kick off. Can anyone remember any better performance?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2021, 12:50:00 pm »
19 Watford have a bit of the ball in our half, but it exposes them to the break.

A lovely ball into the area by TAA Mo’s first touch is a bit strong and the keeper clears.
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2021, 12:52:21 pm »
Jurgen barking orders with enormous intensity - he wants this game put to bed early.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2021, 12:53:30 pm »
23 ball over the top to Sarr

The flag goes up so so so late … that’s silly
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2021, 12:54:47 pm »
Sarr miles offside - play continues for about 3 centuries before the flag is raised.

Stupid rule

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2021, 12:56:09 pm »
25 Watford getting into the game a little more now,

Then Fernades is clear, but TAA gets a foot into clear

Was offside .
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2021, 12:58:08 pm »
28 reds have a three on three break but Moss pulls it back for nearly nothing
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2021, 12:58:38 pm »
Ridiculous. Should have let it play and gone to VAR if we’d scored.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2021, 01:00:15 pm »
29 the reds camped outside of the Watford are and eventually won a corner

Sir Bob to do the corner!
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2021, 01:00:36 pm »
no replay - I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what he blew for

Lovely work by Keita - good strength

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2021, 01:01:08 pm »
30 Corner comes in and Watford put it out for another one. Second corner is cleared.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2021, 01:03:18 pm »
no replay - I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what he blew for

Lovely work by Keita - good strength

That was excellent play from Keita. We need another goal can’t help thinking Watford can only improve second half. Let’s put the game to bed early.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2021, 01:04:01 pm »
33 End to end work both teams having a go. Mo snuffed out as he gets into the box. Rose down injured and there’s a break in play.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2021, 01:04:43 pm »
33 End to end work both teams having a go. Mo snuffed out as he gets into the box. Rose down injured and there’s a break in play.
Noting really wrong with him, I’m sure the ref blew as he was playing us onside.
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2021, 01:04:52 pm »
34 Good work from Keita and Robbo down the left but the cross is cleared by Sissoko

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2021, 01:06:46 pm »
Great covering there from Van Dijk.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2021, 01:07:16 pm »
2-0. Brilliant move. Bobby with a tap in after great work from Millie and Sadio down the left.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Watford 0 vs 2 Liverpool Mane ‘8 Bobby ‘37
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2021, 01:07:42 pm »
That’s a lovely goal.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2021, 01:08:37 pm »
Terrific move, great ball by Sadio real intelligence from Milner as well.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2021, 01:09:55 pm »
2-0. Brilliant move. Bobby with a tap in after great work from Millie and Sadio down the left.
7 touches to the ball in the net - brilliant - like a hot knife through butter

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2021, 01:12:31 pm »
42 Patient build up and then Naby has a shot from outside the box which is deflected onto the bar and over. Corner. Cleared.