Author Topic: PL: Bford 3 v 3 Liv 26’ Pinnock 30’ Jota 54’ Mo Janelt ‘63 Jones 67’ Wissa 82’  (Read 32604 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Brentford was my local club when I lived in London so I have fond memories.  The old ground, Griffin Park, was unique in that it had a pub on every corner.  Last season they moved to a new ground, the Community Stadium, which lies in the shadow of the M4 motorway.

Our record against Brentford since 1906 is W9 D3 L3.  This will be the first league meeting between the teams since 1947.  Our last game was in March 1989 a 4-0 win in the FA Cup - I remember queuing for hours to get a ticket – no sitting in front a pc in those days !!

After the disappointed of losing out in the play off in 2019/20 they were promoted to the Premier League for the first time last season.  They started with a win against Arsenal and since then have drawn 2, won 1 and lost 1, they currently sit 9th in the table with 8 points.

Team news:
Brentford – they have a full squad
Liverpool – Pep has said Tiago won’t be fit for Saturday. Bobby is progressing so may be on the bench. Trent has started light training so maybe ready

Predicted line up
Alisson, Trent (if fit), Van Dijk, Matip, Robertson, Henderson, Fabinho, Mane, Salah, Jota. Only question is the third midfield spot – maybe Jones ?

Officials
Referee – Stuart Attwell
Assistants – Dan Cook and Harry Lennard
VAR Official – Paul Tierney
Assistant VAR Official – Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official – John Brooks
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 07:12:45 pm by TepidT2O »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: PL: Brentford v Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 04:40:50 pm »

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 04:48:26 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 05:25:23 pm »
Hey Jude in full swing. 😀

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2021, 05:31:07 pm »
0 we’re off… the reds resplendent in….bright yellow…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 05:33:10 pm »
2 Toe knee slips and Jones dispossess him…Brentford are very quick to fall back.

There’s a dangerous cross across the face of goal by Robertson
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 05:36:12 pm »
5 nice ball over the top which Mo kills stone dead, Henderson crosses and Ajer heads the ball away in competition with Jones. He’s down injured
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 05:38:11 pm »
7 Jones wins the ball, Jota plays a through ball and Mo is through

He pokes it past the keeper and it’s somehow cleared by a sliding defender on the line.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2021, 05:39:06 pm »
If he'd just hit it a bit harder, but it was great defending.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2021, 05:39:13 pm »
9 Mbeumo cross from the left and Toe Knee heads wide…

Another chance, we fail to clear had they get a chance from 10 yards which is put over.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2021, 05:41:09 pm »
Wow, this is some game.  ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2021, 05:41:31 pm »
11 clearance for their goalie puts them in on our goal, it’s poked past Alisson and Matip clears off the line…

Bloody hell
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2021, 05:42:46 pm »
Almost a like for like attack that and clearance, just breath taking. A bit different to the early day games.  :)

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2021, 05:44:26 pm »
Yikes! High octan stuff this!  Brentford on it

7 attempts on goal between the two sides already.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2021, 05:46:02 pm »
15 a bit quieter now

The reds having lots of possession around their area.

Jones has started well.  He’s looked bright and positive with the ball.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2021, 05:46:27 pm »
Yikes! High octan stuff this!  Brentford on it

7 attempts on goal between the two sides already.

They fear absolutely no one this lot. They will cause problems for lots of teams.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2021, 05:50:19 pm »
19:Jota down after studs run down his Achilles

He’s back up through
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2021, 05:51:12 pm »
They fear absolutely no one this lot. They will cause problems for lots of teams.
Not shy to launch down the middle either - very happy we have Virgil and Joel in the field today.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2021, 05:53:13 pm »
22 the rhythm picking up again after the break… but no chances.

Over to Jill
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2021, 05:54:33 pm »
23 We get a corner on the right. Trent puts a good ball in, but Van Dijk can't get a strong enough connection to it and Brentford clear.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2021, 05:54:53 pm »
What a ball by Fabinho - inches away from a perfect setup for Mo in the box.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2021, 05:55:33 pm »
24 Another case of a late raised flag which sees Brentford allowed to put the ball in, before the linesman stops play.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2021, 05:55:58 pm »
Miles and miles offside - really stupid rule to keep it down

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2021, 05:57:11 pm »
25 A free kick to Brentford after Fab is ajuduged to have fouled. The free kick is put in and crossed in and Brentford score.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Brentford 1 v 0 Liverpool 26’ Pinnock
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2021, 05:58:15 pm »
Fabinho should have done better there. Was beaten to the ball.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2021, 05:59:17 pm »
28 We have a chance, but in the end Raya the Brentford goalie is able to smother the ball.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2021, 06:00:12 pm »
29 A Brentford player down, break in play. Play resumes.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2021, 06:00:35 pm »
Can’t say they didn’t deserve the lead, but I thought we might have weathered the storm…

Plenty of work to do here.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Brentford 1 v 1 Liverpool 26’ Pinnock 30’ Jota
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2021, 06:01:50 pm »
30 We are level after a Jota header from a Henderson cross, some good combining between Trent and Mo.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2021, 06:02:32 pm »
They will be annoyed with that.  They have 3 of the 4 tallest players in the league at centre back and Jota beats them all.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2021, 06:03:15 pm »
32 Alisson is forced to come out and manages to punch the ball away after Brentford get a ball through our defence.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2021, 06:03:47 pm »
Lovely header there by Jota - as straightforward a goal as you'll see all season.

Brentford will keep at us - let's see if they're fit enough to keep this up.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2021, 06:05:23 pm »
34 We get a corner on the left, Robbo puts a good cross in but it doesn't quite find anyone. Then the ball comes back out and Henderson gets hold of it and a cross is put in, but Brentford deal with it. Brentford's scorer Pinnock is injured again.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2021, 06:05:25 pm »
7 in the last 8 away games for Jota… that’s quite something
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2021, 06:07:34 pm »
36 Pinnock is back on and Brentford looking to attack again, but this time we manage to win the ball back.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2021, 06:08:50 pm »
37 There is a lot of space on our flank there and once again Brentford manage to get some useful possession and perhaps Toney should have done better there.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2021, 06:09:16 pm »
Bloody Nora
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2021, 06:10:27 pm »
38 So close to nicking a second there, some good work done by Hendo, Jones puts in a great shot inches from the post and Jota's touch is somehow stopped.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2021, 06:10:41 pm »
damn! How did that not go in?

Brentford lucky there

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2021, 06:11:55 pm »
38 So close to nicking a second there, some good work done by Hendo, Jones puts in a great shot inches from the post and Jota's touch is somehow stopped.
The keeper got his hand on it… he could easily have deflected it into goal there, he got lucky… but Brentford have deserved the luck
W