Author Topic: Had the Vaccine?...  (Read 73503 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Had the Vaccine?...
« Reply #1040 on: December 25, 2021, 11:53:50 am »
Someone I know has had a second booster

Didn't think that was done yet.

I'm gonna get it anyway when it comes. Covid or not

For some people (people who are severely immunosuppressed) three doses is the recommended full regimen of doses)

example source https://www.england.nhs.uk/2021/11/third-covid-jabs-available-to-book-online-for-people-who-are-severely-immunosuppressed/

So the fourth dose is likely to be (in effect) their first booster.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1041 on: December 25, 2021, 01:30:30 pm »
I see. Not sure if this lady has underlying conditions but she is a frontline worker.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1042 on: December 25, 2021, 04:47:41 pm »
For some people (people who are severely immunosuppressed) three doses is the recommended full regimen of doses)

example source https://www.england.nhs.uk/2021/11/third-covid-jabs-available-to-book-online-for-people-who-are-severely-immunosuppressed/

So the fourth dose is likely to be (in effect) their first booster.

Correct. My mum is in this boat

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1043 on: December 28, 2021, 08:54:47 am »
Just had my booster, had a Pfizer this time. Last time I had to go to a church but this time was a vaccination centre.
Got there well early, in and out quickly and am back home before my appointment time.

Arm is killing me today, much worse than last time but had the best nights sleep I've had in many years.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 09:48:24 am by Nitramdorf »

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: January 6, 2022, 04:42:47 pm »
Just had my booster about an hour ago on daveys chemist in Walton. Very efficient service.in and out within minutes. Hoping I don't get any side effects. Staff were brilliant .
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: January 13, 2022, 12:32:43 pm »
No booster yet but a nice case of COVID to start the new year.

Being the generous chap I am, I've shared it with the whole family.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: January 13, 2022, 01:49:09 pm »
Had our Boosters yesterday morning, both of us are triple Pfizered up.

I have a sore arm now that i noticed in the early hours in bed, and some aches in the legs today, she has a sore arm.

Walked in and out and was all done in 5-6 mins, grand that you don't have to wait 15 mins after the shot.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #1047 on: January 13, 2022, 04:56:31 pm »
Had Moderna booster yesterday afternoon, felt a bit light headed in the evening and shite this morning when got up for work, feeling fine now aside from the aching in my arm all day.
Deffo had more side effects than my first two Pfizer jabs.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1048 on: January 13, 2022, 06:54:01 pm »
My aches have subsided a lot, just have the sore arm now.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #1049 on: January 15, 2022, 07:18:08 pm »
My aches have subsided a lot, just have the sore arm now.

Seems like I’ve had the reverse. Had aching in my lower back yesterday and in my leg today, but sore arm went away after 1 day.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1050 on: January 17, 2022, 04:06:11 pm »
I had a slight sore throat last weekend and a bit of a cough, so as a precaution ordered a PCR to home. The day after, the Sunday, I had an intensely nauseous feeling, was aching and coughing a lot so I thought here we go. I had a short nap, got up and did some housework, then other than the sort throat was absolutely fine.

I worked from home on the Monday then got a positive result back on the Tuesday. By Thursday I had absolutely zero symptoms, but have tested positive on lateral flows since, so I'm now 9 days into isolation. My girlfriend is also now testing positively though did not develop the symptoms until a few days after me.

Hopefully a negative tonight will lead to another tomorrow.

Isolating and depending on others to bring me shopping and so on has driven home how hard it must be for those isolating in less than desirable circumstances. I've got a garden I can go in, haven't had to miss a day's work and live with my Girlfriend so have had company - yet it's still been frustrating at times. It's made me more grateful for what I do have despite the lack of any illness that's come with it.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1051 on: February 17, 2022, 01:22:18 pm »
Me and the Missus succumbed to our first dose of Covid and pleased to say we'havve come through it and yes it was ´mild´...a drag in Quarantine but worse things could have happened.

I started this thread almost a year ago , in part as a joke on us getting beat by Everton and a growing concern ´when am I gonna get mine' . We've all come a long way ( well Everton haven't ;D ;D ) and all of us here have experienced things we never thought we would ( I lost me Dad to Covid) and how we view the world and our fellow citizens.

Thankfully were amongst the more intelligent members of society here ( though having seen some of your posts elsewhere I'm not sure :D) and most realised the importance of the vaccine

But as this feels like a like a land mark moment ( for me anyway)  and hopefully ( and I believe) this  thread that will pass into history , I think its appropriate for  an acknowledgement without those wonderful human beings who  researched, designed, manufactured  , distributed and administered the vaccine...our stories may have been dramatically different.

Its so fuckign easy to be cynical and pissed off about the past two years.. especially politically .but this should not ignore what has been and hopefully will continue to be a wonderful human achievement. We are still on this journey and many many people remain at risk...but we are on the journey...and we never walk alone.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 02:17:12 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: May 16, 2022, 02:18:24 pm »
Got my first bout of covid I think (after having been triple vaccinated). First sign was a headache, then a fever like when I got my first jab. Then just as I was controlling the fever and recovering from it, I got the more exotic symptoms of covid. Loss of taste and smell, general listlessness and loss of sense of time, loss of appetite, insomnia (I'd have thought fatigue would make you sleepy, but insomnia is a recognised albeit rare covid symptom), and weirdly, a constant strange smell (which results from nostril tissues damaged by the virus).
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: May 22, 2022, 10:05:21 pm »
So proud of my granddaughter having insisted on getting her first jab done yesterday 👏👏

Slightly off topic but is it normal to need a measels vaccine twice?  My daughter's recently started work at hospital and they've done blood tests which showed a "not detected" result yet she definitely had her MMR as a baby.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1054 on: May 25, 2022, 05:33:47 am »
So proud of my granddaughter having insisted on getting her first jab done yesterday 👏👏

Slightly off topic but is it normal to need a measels vaccine twice?  My daughter's recently started work at hospital and they've done blood tests which showed a "not detected" result yet she definitely had her MMR as a baby.

I've had three rubella injections - first as a teenager, and one after each pregnancy.  None of them worked, so I guess it is normal.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: May 28, 2022, 06:24:40 pm »
I've had three rubella injections - first as a teenager, and one after each pregnancy.  None of them worked, so I guess it is normal.

Thanks for that, she's having the measels one again as her work insist on it hence why she had the blood tests in the first place.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1056 on: May 28, 2022, 06:31:00 pm »
Thanks for that, she's having the measels one again as her work insist on it hence why she had the blood tests in the first place.

Yeah - I used to work for the NHS and they wanted me to have it.  I told them it was a waste of time, it won't work  ;D
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: May 28, 2022, 07:15:50 pm »
Yeah - I used to work for the NHS and they wanted me to have it.  I told them it was a waste of time, it won't work  ;D

I'm just glad she never caught it but I never knew anyone's kids who had it when she was little.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1058 on: September 6, 2022, 08:04:00 pm »
I’ve had occasional pains in my left arm, right where I was jabbed, ever since my second dose.

It’s got noticeably worse this past week. Every now and then there’s a shooting pain for a few seconds.

Anyone experienced similar?

On another note, it’s sort of strange seeing a COVID thread so inactive.

Offline Mini Soda Scousephile

• Give us a snog, now.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • At the end of the storm there's a golden sky
« Reply #1059 on: September 9, 2022, 06:00:33 am »
Was the first person in my area of the US of around 1,000,000 people to get the Pfizer Bivalent booster (my 5th Covid vaccination overall, so 3rd booster).

Literally on reporting in my area it says "Pfizer (Bivalent) - 1"
I got mine first thing Tuesday (Monday having been a holiday over here), so that's me  :wave
« Last Edit: September 9, 2022, 06:05:22 am by Earthbound64 »

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1060 on: September 9, 2022, 09:12:57 am »
Was the first person in my area of the US of around 1,000,000 people to get the Pfizer Bivalent booster (my 5th Covid vaccination overall, so 3rd booster).

Literally on reporting in my area it says "Pfizer (Bivalent) - 1"
I got mine first thing Tuesday (Monday having been a holiday over here), so that's me  :wave

Had my 3 jabs but won’t be getting anymore. And don’t you think having 5 jabs is a bit overkill?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1061 on: September 9, 2022, 09:19:43 am »
I had the first two vaccinations, but ever since I've been picking up head colds every couple of months. And this is coming from someone who barely ever caught a cold beforehand. I feel like my immune system has been compromised. And I won't be having any more.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: September 9, 2022, 09:24:49 am »
I never got the jab, not because I'm some anti vaxxer, it just never materialised, glad I never though because I'd have never have kept on top of all this boosting shite, therefore would've been a waste of time anyway.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: September 9, 2022, 09:25:56 am »
I'll be getting the booster once it's available alongside flu shot.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: September 9, 2022, 09:29:10 am »
I'll be getting the booster once it's available alongside flu shot.

I'll still continue to get my flu jab as I feel that has really benefitted me since I've been getting it done. Used to get a bad bout of flu or a chest infection around Christmas time every year. Haven't suffered from either since.

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #1065 on: September 9, 2022, 10:06:20 am »
I had the first two vaccinations, but ever since I've been picking up head colds every couple of months. And this is coming from someone who barely ever caught a cold beforehand. I feel like my immune system has been compromised. And I won't be having any more.

There's an episode of Black Mirror in that. Release a virus, get the whole world on your vaccines that compromises their immune systems meaning they come back to you for treatment more often in the future. Combine it with the one where you had credits/merits given and taken for 'correct' behaviour and you've got a dystopian epic. Get on it Charlie.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #1066 on: September 9, 2022, 10:29:13 am »
No..I had Covid in the early days, no symptoms at all and decided not to be vaccinated then or in the future. A few mates had Covid around the same time as me, again no symptom's, got the vaccines and had varying health troubles since. One friend in particular has suffered constant cold / flu symptom's since the booster, and worse, feels constantly worn out.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1067 on: September 9, 2022, 11:13:10 am »
No..I had Covid in the early days, no symptoms at all and decided not to be vaccinated then or in the future. A few mates had Covid around the same time as me, again no symptom's, got the vaccines and had varying health troubles since. One friend in particular has suffered constant cold / flu symptom's since the booster, and worse, feels constantly worn out.

I had my booster last November, no problems.

Caught Covid mid July with bad flu like symptoms and have had regular headaches since then culminating in hospitalisation last week with heart problems.

The problem with this virus is that it affects people differently. A mate of mine, same age, caught it after his booster and had mild symptoms, sniffles only.

It seems to be a lottery how it effects each individual.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: September 9, 2022, 01:27:29 pm »
I've also had some painful spells with the flu since I got it, hit me like a truck. I've had two doses and that'll be it for me.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: September 9, 2022, 01:30:37 pm »

Likely more some sort of catching up with all the viruses you weren't exposed to due to lockdowns, social distancing, and enhanced cleaning everywhere. They're all back with a vengance.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1070 on: September 9, 2022, 01:33:45 pm »
I've had three, I had a reaction to all of them, but I'd take a booster, I really don't want (long) covid. I'm not in the age group to be offered one though.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: September 9, 2022, 01:35:20 pm »

I've had the opposite. I had three jabs and I've seen a noticeable reduction on how often I'm picking up general colds and viruses, something I've been susceptible to my whole life.

Offline ByrdmanLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1072 on: September 9, 2022, 01:49:09 pm »

I also had the first 2 (kinda against my will, because i only got it to meet my family in germany), was not completely against it, but i just didn't feel it was necessary. Never had Covid since it came out (or just never got tested positve) and in general i hardly ever got sick. That hasn't changed, but after the second shot something in my body changed. For the first week or two i noticed my heart racing a lot, especially when lying in bed i had some irregular heart beats (which i never had before). Therefor i won't get any further Covid vaccine.

Still have these irregular heart beats, but it is getting less and less as time goes on. Feel like people should be free to decide if they want the vaccines and boosters, but i have not had Covid anyway (or not strong enough for me to even recognize).

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1073 on: September 9, 2022, 02:03:06 pm »
Had the first two and booster but not going to bother again, it’s becoming a regular cycle every 3 months.

Must be a risk of people starting to see effects of their immune system being constantly hyper excited unnaturally, or maybe they have 🤷‍♂️

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: September 9, 2022, 02:21:49 pm »
I also had the first 2 (kinda against my will, because i only got it to meet my family in germany), was not completely against it, but i just didn't feel it was necessary. Never had Covid since it came out (or just never got tested positve) and in general i hardly ever got sick. That hasn't changed, but after the second shot something in my body changed. For the first week or two i noticed my heart racing a lot, especially when lying in bed i had some irregular heart beats (which i never had before). Therefor i won't get any further Covid vaccine.

Still have these irregular heart beats, but it is getting less and less as time goes on. Feel like people should be free to decide if they want the vaccines and boosters, but i have not had Covid anyway (or not strong enough for me to even recognize).

Yeah, probably for the best you don't have any more. Hope those irregular heartbeats disappear completely for you.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: September 9, 2022, 02:28:25 pm »

Hope you've been to a doctor about your heart beats. It's extremely hard to assess your own heart beat, and if there's something going on with your heart you should try to learn what it is rather than determining yourself that it's possibly vaccine related.

For what it's worth, people are entirely free to decide on the vaccine.

Yeah, probably for the best you don't have any more.
Respectfully, unless you're a doctor and have checked him up, you probably shouldn't be medically advising people not to take vaccines

Must be a risk of people starting to see effects of their immune system being constantly hyper excited unnaturally, or maybe they have ‍♂️
Unless people are self isolating alone, and avoiding being indoors with anyone else (particularly anyone who ever interacts with young kids), you're basically describing the normal life of an immune system

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1076 on: September 9, 2022, 02:29:51 pm »
Yeah, probably for the best you don't have any more. Hope those irregular heartbeats disappear completely for you.

And I had irregular heartbeats after having Covid.

But the poster should get his heart checked, whatever the reason.

Or at least join the waiting list.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1077 on: September 9, 2022, 03:59:29 pm »

Unless people are self isolating alone, and avoiding being indoors with anyone else (particularly anyone who ever interacts with young kids), you're basically describing the normal life of an immune system

Are you a medic?

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #1078 on: September 9, 2022, 07:56:00 pm »
Are you a medic?

You don't need to be for objective statements like that. It is based on well known and researched science.

Self diagnoses and guesses over the cause of certain things though are not what any of us are qualified to give and anyone suffering unusual heart beats or excessively frequent illness etc should go and see a doctor

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: September 9, 2022, 08:41:20 pm »
Hope you've been to a doctor about your heart beats. It's extremely hard to assess your own heart beat, and if there's something going on with your heart you should try to learn what it is rather than determining yourself that it's possibly vaccine related.

For what it's worth, people are entirely free to decide on the vaccine.
Respectfully, unless you're a doctor and have checked him up, you probably shouldn't be medically advising people not to take vaccines
Well that`s not true is it?

I was forced to take the jab to keep my job, without it I would not be able to work and would not be able to support my family. As it turns out I had 2 shots, after the second I have never felt so ill in my life. I don`t sleep well, I feel tired all the time and I`m not sure how I can get out of it.

So no, I will not get any booster shots, that`s it for me.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.