Author Topic: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)  (Read 545880 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome Diogo Jota
« Reply #2880 on: December 23, 2021, 11:47:49 pm »
it's nice to have another snide in the squad (Milner and Robertson are the only other ones I can think of)
Back 4 .... midfield ... attack.  Such a balanced team!

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
« Reply #2881 on: December 24, 2021, 07:26:52 am »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1472591103912296467
Ohhhh he wears the number 20
He will take us to victory,
And when he's running down the left wing, he'll cut inside and score for LFC,
He's a lad from Portugal, better than Figo dont ya know
Ohhh his name is Diogo
 ;D
Allez Allez Allez.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2882 on: December 24, 2021, 07:38:39 am »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1472591103912296467
Ohhhh he wears the number 20
He will take us to victory,
And when he's running down the left wing, he'll cut inside and score for LFC,
He's a lad from Portugal, better than Figo dont ya know
Ohhh his name is Diogo
 ;D

Great song that! The comment ‘wait until the kop sing it at 100mph’ made me laugh, it’s so true.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2883 on: December 24, 2021, 08:31:35 am »
It's funny these comparisons with Suarez. His gait and short backlift when shooting reminds me of Robbie Fowler.

I like that he has "Diogo J" on the back of his shirt ... he's our Diogo Jaradona ;D

Yep same he reminds of Fowler. Just a knack of scoring
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2884 on: December 24, 2021, 12:33:50 pm »
does anyone think that he be this fucking good when he signed?

seems like almost every player that joins us improve and become better

Remembered that some analysis and wolves fans saying he heading is a bit poor and not a consistent goalscorer.

There seems to be an improvement in both already. and he is hardly the finished product.

Be interesting to see him maybe pair up with divock and bobby once AFCON start.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2885 on: December 24, 2021, 12:35:20 pm »

Remembered that some analysis and wolves fans saying he heading is a bit poor and not a consistent goalscorer.

There seems to be an improvement in both already. and he is hardly the finished product.

Not even a little bit but then I always had better things to do than watch Wolves more than twice a season.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2886 on: December 24, 2021, 04:00:46 pm »

No way, definitely exceeded all expectations. My favourite thing about him is that he is so direct, he just wants to take the shortest path to goal. Also love the bit of snide, you need that to win stuff

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2887 on: December 24, 2021, 04:10:47 pm »

Nope
the mad thing is no one was really talking about him as a target for anyone ….

when it was rumored and you looked at his underlying numbers you could immediately see why we were interested but he’s improved since he’s been here … the most significant difference now is he’s playing almost exclusively as a 9 and has become one of the best 4 or 5 in the position in the world

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2888 on: December 24, 2021, 04:13:07 pm »
Just a shame when we buy Joao Felix he'll be moved onto the left of the three.  :D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2889 on: December 24, 2021, 04:20:32 pm »
Just a shame when we buy Joao Felix Haaland he'll be moved onto the left of the three.  :D

;D

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2890 on: December 24, 2021, 08:48:56 pm »

Not at all, didn't know too much about him. From what i'd seen a good, quick and direct player but didn't scream consistent goalscorer.

His confidence is what I love most, he'll miss chances and lose the ball and sometimes even drifts out of games a little but he's a bit like Luis in that he's constantly moving, always finding pockets of space, running off his man, breaking into space, looking for the next yard of space.

I think he's starting to understand his teammates a lot more and you can see it in his linkup play. Right now he looks full of confidence and the second he steps foot on the pitch he's on the move. The guys positioning is something else, he reminds me of watching Dennis Rodman, he was always that man who would be in the right positions when the ball fell from the basket, reading where it was heading and moving towards that position while everyone else ballwatched. Jota seems to constantly be shuffling half a yard watching play unfold and adjusting for where the ball was headed

Outstanding player

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2891 on: December 24, 2021, 08:57:10 pm »
The guys positioning is something else, he reminds me of watching Dennis Rodman, he was always that man who would be in the right positions when the ball fell from the basket, reading where it was heading and moving towards that position while everyone else ballwatched. Jota seems to constantly be shuffling half a yard watching play unfold and adjusting for where the ball was headed

The master of this remains Origi, who doesn't do anything as vulgar as movement. The ball rebounds several times in unexpected ways, but falls precisely where Origi has positioned himself. Jota may deal in game intelligence, but Origi deals in fate.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2892 on: December 24, 2021, 10:45:42 pm »
I think I've watched at least 90% of our games since Jota joined and been to half a dozen of them.  I always thought he was predominantly left-footed until he took his penalty with his right foot  ::).

I'm doubting everything I've ever believed.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2893 on: December 24, 2021, 11:13:58 pm »
I think I've watched at least 90% of our games since Jota joined and been to half a dozen of them.  I always thought he was predominantly left-footed until he took his penalty with his right foot  ::).

I love the fact that he doesn’t have a weaker foot. I wouldn’t be surprised if his next penalty he takes with his left.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2894 on: December 25, 2021, 12:10:24 am »

He is left-footed.

Took the penalty right-footed just to fuck with Fat Boy Slim.

True story...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #2895 on: December 25, 2021, 12:36:56 am »
Didn’t think i could love him anymore until that ‘fuck off’ to the Leicester fans. 

Legend.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2896 on: December 25, 2021, 01:01:02 am »
Just a shame when we buy Joao Felix he'll be moved onto the left of the three.  :D

Diogo Toshack wins too many headers
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2897 on: December 25, 2021, 01:23:12 am »
I love the fact that he doesn’t have a weaker foot. I wouldn’t be surprised if his next penalty he takes with his left.

If he doesn't use his head,he should be dropped,fined and put on the transfer list.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2898 on: December 25, 2021, 11:35:51 am »
Yep same he reminds of Fowler. Just a knack of scoring
Yeah , agree. Suarez scored some crazy goals for us, like Salah does, and was a one man army for a while. Jota is much more of a poacher. Amazing at finishing quickly and on goal. Even Salah sometimes overworks situations or sends shots into the stands, but not Jota. He makes it look so casual, where scoring is no different from a 10 yard pass

Online xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2899 on: December 25, 2021, 01:15:02 pm »

taken off reddit...pretty much devastating centrally. and almost perfectly balanced as it should be.

what a player we have

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2900 on: December 25, 2021, 01:30:42 pm »
^ Yes, he is genuinely two footed, and a boss header

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2901 on: December 25, 2021, 02:03:05 pm »

Which header was better? The one to Keita's shot, or the glanced through ball to Mane?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2902 on: December 25, 2021, 02:28:12 pm »

Perfectly balanced as all things should be.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2903 on: December 25, 2021, 04:41:04 pm »
I like that he has "Diogo J" on the back of his shirt ... he's our Diogo Jaradona ;D
That's because 'jota' is the Portuguese name for the letter J. So a purely literal direct translation of his name into English would make it James Jay (as Diogo, like Diego and Iago and Thiago, is a version of James)

Any Portugeezeer (or gal) reading 'Diogo J' out loud would actually say "Diogo Jota".

He literally has his full name on his shirt, without having his full name on his shirt. Given that, I'm just surprised he didn't sign for Everton!  8)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 04:58:17 pm by Oh Ghost Town of Bethlehem »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2904 on: December 25, 2021, 04:47:29 pm »
I knew very little about him, not having watched Wolves much (or any of his previous teams) but I was certain he would be phenomenal on the grounds that Klopp and Edwards must have seen something in his play, his style and his numbers to put up that much cash for him at a time when we weren't expecting to buy another forward after the Werner plan-change and the covid impact on our finances.

That he was a player not one person had mentioned as a possible target made it even more likely that he was a hidden beast waiting to explode, and that Klopp and Edwards had seen this and wanted to grab him before anyone else noticed.

I also loved the way the transfer reminded us that the Transfer Thread is mostly a crock of shit  ;D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #2905 on: December 25, 2021, 08:16:38 pm »
Considering the FU to the Foxes fans, do you think he starts when we visit Leicester?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2906 on: December 25, 2021, 08:28:50 pm »
Considering the FU to the Foxes fans, do you think he starts when we visit Leicester?
100% :)

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #2907 on: December 25, 2021, 10:28:10 pm »
That's because 'jota' is the Portuguese name for the letter J. So a purely literal direct translation of his name into English would make it James Jay (as Diogo, like Diego and Iago and Thiago, is a version of James)

Any Portugeezeer (or gal) reading 'Diogo J' out loud would actually say "Diogo Jota".

He literally has his full name on his shirt, without having his full name on his shirt. Given that, I'm just surprised he didn't sign for Everton!  8)

Thanks for that, learn something new every day. Never knew those translated to James
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2908 on: December 26, 2021, 03:36:58 am »
Could be worse. Could have ended up with Werner!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2909 on: December 28, 2021, 07:50:11 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2910 on: January 14, 2022, 01:22:46 am »
Today may show us that Jota isn't a lead the line striker and will need a foil to play off of to thrive. Nor do I think we bought him to do that.

He was non-existent - for the most part.

It's going to be tough few games to find goals.

Offline fallenhd

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2911 on: January 14, 2022, 01:36:21 am »
His best position is on the left. He has improved playing the false 9/9.5 role. He's decent at best on the right. Unfortunately due to personnel that's where he had to play.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2912 on: January 14, 2022, 07:46:25 am »
Today may show us that Jota isn't a lead the line striker and will need a foil to play off of to thrive. Nor do I think we bought him to do that.

He didn't play as a striker though.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2913 on: January 14, 2022, 04:44:08 pm »

He was through on goal had it not been for Xhaka
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2914 on: January 20, 2022, 09:24:07 pm »
Has been fantastic all night.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2915 on: January 20, 2022, 09:25:09 pm »
Diogo go go go go go!

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2916 on: January 20, 2022, 09:27:17 pm »
He’s better from the left.

Offline Red Sky at Night

• Main Stander
« Reply #2917 on: January 20, 2022, 09:32:20 pm »
Has been fantastic all night.

He so has. That second goal was genius - effortless for him :-)
‘It’s one of the finest exhibitions of football I’ve ever seen in my life… I’ve seen Brazilians play but I’ve never seen the game played at that pace or executed like that.’ - Sir Tom Finney after Liverpool thrashed Nottingham Forest 5-0 in 1988

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2918 on: January 20, 2022, 09:33:23 pm »
He’s better from the left.

Left or through the middle. He's bog standard on the right.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2919 on: January 20, 2022, 09:35:30 pm »
Ben White will be having nightmares about him tonight.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."