Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 850469 times)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #200 on: March 11, 2020, 11:34:57 pm »

Shoot any pizza or spring roll thats on the menu.

Come on Killer, comments like that are childish and help nobody.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: March 11, 2020, 11:35:34 pm »
Nice idea but what about away games?

Get a fortified truck to transport them to an away game and they can sleep at the ground there.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: March 11, 2020, 11:41:24 pm »
Nice idea but what about away games?

Easy everyone plays only once per week and has 2 teams (1 home, 1 away). The away team plays then travels and goes into quarantine, then 7 days later the home team plays, another 7 days after that the away team can play again because they've done the 14 days quarantine.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #203 on: March 11, 2020, 11:44:12 pm »
Not sure which idea is better Killer or sminp but I like the sound of watching the Mancs put a second team out every few days. Lingaard and Ighalo getting their chance.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: March 11, 2020, 11:44:33 pm »
The Times are reporting on the back of tomorrow’s paper that all games in England will be played behind closed doors once the number of cases surpasses 500 which is likely to be tomorrow.

The Times told us we were being bought by China.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2020, 11:44:46 pm »
Fucking hell. Us winning the league is going to look like a glitch in a game of fifa. 30 years to win it in an empty stadium.
Just a massive shame to be honest. Has to be done, just a shit situation. I'm sure we'll find a way to celebrate it properly though.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: March 11, 2020, 11:47:23 pm »
I think a empty Woodison is what the Everton players would prefer on Monday. Instead of BOOOOOOOOOO! 

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2020, 11:49:48 pm »
I don’t see how the league carries on.

One player gets it and.... how can you continue?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2020, 11:50:22 pm »
Man City are probably the only team in Europe who's average attendance will increase if we're all forced to play behind closed doors.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2020, 11:51:25 pm »

The needs of the many outweigh the few.  ;D We can't stop evrey day life mate. 

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: March 11, 2020, 11:53:12 pm »

Well, it won't. As I posted in the other thread this is how it began in Italy but the government soon cottoned on that it's not viable. Britain is no different, there won't be any sport being played within 10 days. I think full on shutdown is maybe 2 weeks away at the absolute most. Depends how quickly it begins to escalate. It's just a matter of when.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 11, 2020, 11:54:46 pm »

Unfortunately, you’re right. No way should Anfield have been open to fans tonight with Madrid having so many cases. You could seek Klopp wasn’t happy when he was shouting at the fans holding their hands out.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: March 11, 2020, 11:59:01 pm »

Quite easily. Players are highly unlikely to pass it to fans, and it won't even make players particularly ill, because they are young and fit.

The problem is the spectators - but if they're going to stop fans going into stadiums, are they going to close all pubs, shopping centres and concert venues, and stop all public transport as well? Because you're probably more likely to catch it in those situations. It all just smacks of the football authorities deciding they need to 'do something' or set an example, while equally dangerous activities go unchecked.

And when will they decide it's safe to allow fans back in to the games? What's to stop them gathering outside?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2020, 12:00:08 am »
A PSG player went outside and celebrated with the crowd after their game tonight. Bellend.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2020, 12:00:41 am »
The needs of the many outweigh the few.  ;D We can't stop evrey day life mate. 

If you don´t stop everyday life for a two weeks+ period, it will be even worse...

Italy found out... others will follow eventually. Three weeks ago they had 3 (confirmed) cases, now they have 12,500 after today.

Football is just a sport, footballers can get sick to and many already probably are, but maybe without showing symptoms... especially in Italy, maybe lower leagues etc.. world  needs to act now.

This is a shit situation to be in...but honestly life of people should not be at risk..

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2020, 12:01:08 am »
Quite easily. Players are highly unlikely to pass it to fans, and it won't even make players particularly ill, because they are young and fit.

The problem is the spectators - but if they're going to stop fans going into stadiums, are they going to close all pubs, shopping centres and concert venues, and stop all public transport as well? Because you're probably more likely to catch it in those situations. It all just smacks of the football authorities deciding they need to 'do something' or set an example, while equally dangerous activities go unchecked.

And when will they decide it's safe to allow fans back in to the games? What's to stop them gathering outside?

Nothing whatsoever. Thousands outside the PSG stadium tonight.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2020, 12:01:32 am »
Well, it won't. As I posted in the other thread this is how it began in Italy but the government soon cottoned on that it's not viable. Britain is no different, there won't be any sport being played within 10 days. I think full on shutdown is maybe 2 weeks away at the absolute most. Depends how quickly it begins to escalate. It's just a matter of when.

We got an international break after the Palace game. I can see games being played BCD after that. So last 5 rounds of matches if it get's to that level.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 12, 2020, 12:01:53 am »

I'd rather they postpone games so we could eventually win the League in front of a crowd, but why would they need to stop altogether rather than just play behind closed doors? Why is it still dangerous to have the games played with no fans there?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2020, 12:02:54 am »

Yep if anything its madness to allow people to go to work as well.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2020, 12:03:53 am »
We got an international break after the Palace game. I can see games being played BCD after that. So last 5 rounds of matches if it get's to that level.

I'd want 1000/1 on the season finishing in it's entirety and on time. Behind closed doors is an intermediary step between nothing and what Italy has now. It's a matter of when, not if football is stopped completely.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: March 12, 2020, 12:06:09 am »
I'd rather they postpone games so we could eventually win the League in front of a crowd, but why would they need to stop altogether rather than just play behind closed doors? Why is it still dangerous to have the games played with no fans there?

The players are interacting with family and friends between games that are interacting with people outside the football bubble, they're being driven to the stadium by a driver who has a family that's nothing to do with football and so on.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: March 12, 2020, 12:06:33 am »
I'd want 1000/1 on the season finishing in it's entirety and on time. Behind closed doors is an intermediary step between nothing and what Italy has now. It's a matter of when, not if football is stopped completely.

Italy is the worst hit in Europe though. We are not anywhere near that level. So our "intermediary step" has yet to be taken.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 12, 2020, 12:06:34 am »

The issue with this virus is that it spreads more faster and that for example South Korea is doing many tests, so they succesfully are preventing the spreading. It is dangerous because it is not only about the players, but also the staff and they all should be tested... one person can spread this to other 7 and this is what happend in Italy etc... also young athletes might not be showing any symptoms but could be already carrying the virus and spreading it... having to play a game even behind closed doors involves many people around players... in this situation it becomes hazard to everyone...

this can only be stopped by quarantine, the less contact with other persons, the better.

sorry for bad english..

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #223 on: March 12, 2020, 12:07:13 am »
Yep if anything its madness to allow people to go to work as well.

Can't wait, fuck you, if I can't go to a match I can't go to work, sorry but thems the rules.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #224 on: March 12, 2020, 12:07:21 am »
I hope the CL gets cancelled  ??? ::)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 12, 2020, 12:07:41 am »
Italy is the worst hit in Europe though. We are not anywhere near that level. So our "intermediary step" has yet to be taken.

Yet... Tepid has been saying we're about 2 weeks behind Italy. You'll soon see our number of cases rising much quickly than it has so far.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: March 12, 2020, 12:07:51 am »
I hope the CL gets cancelled  ??? ::)

Gary Neville is that you?

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 12, 2020, 12:08:25 am »

yet. this is a great article on this matter, worth the read: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 12, 2020, 12:10:40 am »
The players are interacting with family and friends between games that are interacting with people outside the football bubble, they're being driven to the stadium by a driver who has a family that's nothing to do with football and so on.

Yes but that's no different to normal people going to work or school and interacting with people there, and then with their families when they get home, but we're not closing all offices and workplaces down. Why are footballers a special case? They are not more likely to catch it than anyone else. In fact probably less so, because it's easier for them to self-isolate and control who they interact with.

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #229 on: March 12, 2020, 12:12:27 am »
Great example of pointlessness of behind closed doors.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51845054

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: March 12, 2020, 12:13:05 am »
Yes but that's no different to normal people going to work or school and interacting with people there, and then with their families when they get home, but we're not closing all offices and workplaces down. Why are footballers a special case? They are not more likely to catch it than anyone else. In fact probably less so, because it's easier for them to self-isolate and control who they interact with.

Which is why that will soon stop too outside of essential contact. Our government aren't rattling through the stages as quickly as Italy did but when the cases start going up in huge numbers you'll see a change of tempo.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #231 on: March 12, 2020, 12:14:07 am »
Great example of pointlessness of behind closed doors.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51845054

To be fair it looks boss that.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 12, 2020, 12:15:12 am »
So Gerry how does life go on from this point forward? Being cooped up in the house for all times?  :D

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 12, 2020, 12:16:39 am »
The issue with this virus is that it spreads more faster and that for example South Korea is doing many tests, so they succesfully are preventing the spreading. It is dangerous because it is not only about the players, but also the staff and they all should be tested... one person can spread this to other 7 and this is what happend in Italy etc... also young athletes might not be showing any symptoms but could be already carrying the virus and spreading it... having to play a game even behind closed doors involves many people around players... in this situation it becomes hazard to everyone...

this can only be stopped by quarantine, the less contact with other persons, the better.

sorry for bad english..

But it's still a relatively small number of people involved in staging a football match behind closed doors, compared to the thousands of workplaces and millions of people working in them, interacting with people in offices, or with the public in shops, bars etc...then there's all the people on the tube, or at concerts etc...that's a lot more interaction than the people involved in a behind closed doors football match, but they're not closing down any of those things. I mean if you follow that logic then everyone should quarantine themselves and never go out or interact with anyone.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: March 12, 2020, 12:18:31 am »
Which is why that will soon stop too outside of essential contact. Our government aren't rattling through the stages as quickly as Italy did but when the cases start going up in huge numbers you'll see a change of tempo.

There is no way they are closing all offices and workplaces down, it's not going to happen.

Also why does football have to be the industry to close down completely, ahead of any other, when other activities / workplaces are far more dangerous and likely to spread the virus? When the government decides that all offices, shops and pubs have to close, then football should follow suit.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 12:23:46 am by Rob Dylan »

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #235 on: March 12, 2020, 12:19:01 am »
To be fair it looks boss that.

It does to be fair...

Similar scenes are gonna happen soon here i think.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 12, 2020, 12:19:34 am »
There is no way they are closing all offices and workplaces down, it's not going to happen.

Even if they do, how long for? June? July?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 12, 2020, 12:20:12 am »
So Gerry how does life go on from this point forward? Being cooped up in the house for all times?  :D

That's the most effective way of slowing it down, all these measures we've seen so far are just the government keeping the shock factor card up their sleeve for when it's really motoring because people in this country aren't able to see past the end of their nose. Symptomatic of the 'I'm alright Jack' mentality that's seeped it's way into the fabric of the UK.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 12, 2020, 12:43:28 am »
Oklahoma Utah in the nba postponed just before the game was to start

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: March 12, 2020, 12:48:24 am »
Seems highly likely that the ATP and WTA tours are going to be cancelled until 3rd May. Pressure from players seems to have forced their hand, some of the biggest tournaments on the calendar are going to be chalked off. Indian Wells has already gone, Miami and Monte Carlo are a couple of others. Think the Fed Cup finals as well. Big time events that are money makers for the tour.