Author Topic: New Annie road, small to medium expansion plans shelved.  (Read 107332 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: New Annie road, small to medium expansion plans shelved.
« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2019, 01:52:24 pm »
The guy is basically a childish c*nt, ignore.

On Peter McGurk, he’s not been on twitter or here, so I hope he’s well.

No probs. I was just a bit surprised to see the comments there. I'd completely forgotten Peter McGurk, but now Alan has mentioned him I remember him being on here. I hope he is well, too.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #201 on: August 23, 2019, 02:03:06 pm »
The guy is basically a childish c*nt, ignore.

On Peter McGurk, he’s not been on twitter or here, so I hope he’s well.

Skyscraper city. Some of them usually get a bit tetchy when anyone comes at them with frivolous things like engineering, local topography, footfall feasibility and cost issues. Oh, and heaven forbid you should think of the residents when they suggest bulldozing a couple of streets to fit a triple tiered 30k mega kop (with corners).

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2019, 11:40:07 pm »
Skyscraper city. Some of them usually get a bit tetchy when anyone comes at them with frivolous things like engineering, local topography, footfall feasibility and cost issues. Oh, and heaven forbid you should think of the residents when they suggest bulldozing a couple of streets to fit a triple tiered 30k mega kop (with corners).

Riquende has some excellent suggestions on the previous page mate. I’d love to see some of you’re brilliant designs for the Annie Road.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2019, 03:15:48 am »
Riquende has some excellent suggestions on the previous page mate. I’d love to see some of you’re brilliant designs for the Annie Road.
Yes. And if you do, could you please include a monorail from town to the new Road End please?  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2019, 12:41:00 pm »
I think the plan would be to stop cars getting that close to Anfield, rather than provide additional parking for more cars so close. It would just make traffic worse around there after games.

Also imagine the council would want to see the land used for something better than a car park. As it should be really.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2019, 12:54:54 pm »
I think the plan would be to stop cars getting that close to Anfield, rather than provide additional parking for more cars so close. It would just make traffic worse around there after games.

Also imagine the council would want to see the land used for something better than a car park. As it should be really.

In an ideal world, and one with decent public transport you're probably right, but at the end of the day, if people have the chance to drive to Anfield for the match, park safely 5 minutes away that'll would be their choice.

I agree, something other than a footy car park (not in use for a vast amount of time) should replace Goodison, but money talks (see Melwood)
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2019, 01:00:45 pm »
We should definitely buy Everton's land although not for a car park but could build an Anfield Plaza with shops and hotel. I think that would be a good investment

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2019, 01:01:22 pm »
In an ideal world, and one with decent public transport you're probably right, but at the end of the day, if people have the chance to drive to Anfield for the match, park safely 5 minutes away that'll would be their choice.

The council wont want to encourage it though, so they won’t give permission for it.

Any transport plan which encourages traffic into the local area would likely not be accepted.

I agree, something other than a footy car park (not in use for a vast amount of time) should replace Goodison, but money talks (see Melwood)

I cant see the club spending what it may take to persuade them just for a car park.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #208 on: August 24, 2019, 01:02:05 pm »
We should definitely buy Everton's land although not for a car park but could build an Anfield Plaza with shops and hotel. I think that would be a good investment

There is a hotel in the current plans and a plaza going up towards the new Main / new Anny.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: August 24, 2019, 01:05:10 pm »
There is a hotel in the current plans and a plaza going up towards the new Main / new Anny.

So what's going to happen to Everton''s land? Houses?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #210 on: August 24, 2019, 01:15:46 pm »

I imagine some housing (inc affordable housing), probably some sort of legacy park and some other community stuff.

I’m really not sure there is demand for 2 hotels in the vicinity of the stadium, as other than match days (so what, 25 days max out of 365?) it would likely hardly be used.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 24, 2019, 01:39:09 pm »

Their plans for their new ground included proposals on what to do with Goodison. Affordable housing, offices, green space etc. But I don’t think they’ve any plan to build it, just that they could sell the land and what could be done.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #212 on: August 24, 2019, 01:43:15 pm »
Everton arent moving :lmao

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #213 on: August 24, 2019, 02:40:27 pm »
Everton arent moving :lmao

I've got my doubts too, but I wish them best of luck with the move both for footy and non footy reasons.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #214 on: August 24, 2019, 02:42:20 pm »
Their plans for their new ground included proposals on what to do with Goodison. Affordable housing, offices, green space etc. But I don’t think they’ve any plan to build it, just that they could sell the land and what could be done.

Schemes like this always involve a shit load of affordable housing to begin with to help them get pushed though and to curry favour with the council. Granted Walton is not exactly central London but the amount of affordable housing will get gradually whittled down as is always the case.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #215 on: August 24, 2019, 03:04:42 pm »
Schemes like this always involve a shit load of affordable housing to begin with to help them get pushed though and to curry favour with the council. Granted Walton is not exactly central London but the amount of affordable housing will get gradually whittled down as is always the case.

There really isn’t much demand for all that much else around there.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: August 24, 2019, 03:50:09 pm »
There really isn’t much demand for all that much else around there.

What about a few high rise blocks? it works for Lords cricket ground

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #217 on: August 24, 2019, 03:59:38 pm »
What about a few high rise blocks? it works for Lords cricket ground

It’s a highly residential (housing) area, no way permission would be granted for high rises due to RTL issues.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #218 on: August 24, 2019, 08:33:59 pm »
It’s a highly residential (housing) area, no way permission would be granted for high rises due to RTL issues.

For the across-the-pond ignorant, RTL is ready to let? List?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #219 on: August 24, 2019, 08:52:10 pm »
For the across-the-pond ignorant, RTL is ready to let? List?
Right to light I think.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #220 on: August 25, 2019, 12:20:12 am »
Yeah, right to light. So basically you can’t build high level property which will put neighbouring property in the shade. Simply put.

So in the middle of 2 storey streets you’re not gonna get permission to build a high rise.

Nor would anyone really want to live there in that area.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 25, 2019, 01:54:48 am »
Yeah, right to light. So basically you can’t build high level property which will put neighbouring property in the shade. Simply put.

So in the middle of 2 storey streets you’re not gonna get permission to build a high rise.

There's a precedent. Anfield has been putting Goodison in the shade for decades.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #222 on: August 25, 2019, 02:47:19 am »
Right to light I think.

Got it, thanks... :wave
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #223 on: August 25, 2019, 07:03:00 am »

That’s not strictly correct..

“Right to light is a form of easement in English law that gives a long-standing owner of a building with windows a right to maintain the level of illumination. It is based on the Ancient Lights law. The rights are most usually acquired under the Prescription Act 1832.” Wiki.

Rights of Light means that if you’ve had a particular window in place for 20 years or more, any new building can’t affect the amount of light coming in by more than a fixed amount. Rights to Light can be compensated by agreement.

For residential properties there are set daylight/sunlight factors that have to be achieved in living rooms.

“A dwelling can be said to receive adequate sunlight if its principal room receives 25% probable sunlight hours, including at least 5% during the winter months (21 September to 21 March).”

Daylight/sunlight are part of planning and building control.

In reality, both can be negotiated and it would be planning guidance about scale and the general feeling about high rise after Grenfell that would be an issue.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2019, 11:00:49 am »
After seeing the Villa game on Friday  on tv and the Holte End being shown at the end, we should build something like that if it's going to be a 2 tier stand.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #225 on: August 27, 2019, 07:42:03 pm »
Safe standing discussion moved to the safe standing thread
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #226 on: September 2, 2019, 08:20:16 pm »
Anyone know when we’re likely to get further details ie visual mock ups or confirmation of the new Annie stand capacity?

And on a slightly separate point, and ignoring the cost and transport challenges, could you add a tier to the existing kop from a technical perspective? Could the weight of a new tier be taken by some sort of structure on the outside?  Have always assumed we could only extend the kop backwards (although appreciate distance to centre spot guidelines etc) but interested in the thought of any structural engineers or architects on here
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #227 on: September 2, 2019, 08:30:38 pm »
Why would you want to add another tier to the Kop when its legend is built on it being a single tier stand? Add another tier and it isn't the Kop anymore.

Offline zod

• Main Stander
« Reply #228 on: September 2, 2019, 09:49:37 pm »
Swap ends?    Rebuild the Anfield Road end as a monster single tier Kop stand, and pop a tier or two on top of the present Kop end.   I'm sure someone has thought of it before.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2019, 09:54:08 pm by zod »

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #229 on: September 2, 2019, 10:18:50 pm »
It still won't be the Kop if you switch ends.

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #230 on: September 2, 2019, 10:19:59 pm »
Why would you want to add another tier to the Kop when its legend is built on it being a single tier stand? Add another tier and it isn't the Kop anymore.

Speaking as a kopite for the last 26 years, the kop’s legend is built on the noise produced by the passionate supporters and their never say die spirit that helps to produce unbelievable results, not (imho) by the fact it’s a single tier.  If we want more than 60k in Anfield after the Annie’s redone, then the kop has got to be an option for further expansion given you can’t rebuild the KD as houses behind would prevent a larger footprint needed and you can’t build higher.
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #231 on: September 3, 2019, 08:41:31 am »
The fact the Kop is a single tier stand is a huge part of its legend.

You’d also need to go back for another tier, which would cause the same issues as expanding it as a single tier.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: September 3, 2019, 10:44:06 am »
I have a feeling they're going to go for an 8,800 capacity stand for the Anfield Road taking the capacity to 62,000

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #233 on: September 3, 2019, 10:45:49 am »
I have a feeling they're going to go for an 8,800 capacity stand for the Anfield Road taking the capacity to 62,000

An 8,800 capacity Anny Rd would take capacity down 200 from what it is now.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: September 3, 2019, 10:52:38 am »
An 8,800 capacity Anny Rd would take capacity down 200 from what it is now.

Anfield Road stadium expansion: Liverpool announce plan to take capacity above 60,000 with ‘ambitious’ redevelopment

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool/liverpool-announce-plan-to-take-anfield-capacity-above-60000-with-ambitious-redevelopment-a4219361.html

I reckon they want a total capacity of around 62,000

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #235 on: September 3, 2019, 10:53:09 am »
We’d need a 17,000 Anny Road then, not a 8,800.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 3, 2019, 10:56:17 am »
We’d need a 17,000 Anny Road then, not a 8,800.

How many new season ticket holders will there be and how many will go on general sale? What were the figures for the main stand?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #237 on: September 3, 2019, 10:58:17 am »
How many new season ticket holders will there be and how many will go on general sale?

No idea, we don’t even know what the capacity will be yet.

What were the figures for the main stand?

Think something like 2k or so new STs.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #238 on: September 3, 2019, 11:15:09 am »
Speaking as a kopite for the last 26 years, the kop’s legend is built on the noise produced by the passionate supporters and their never say die spirit that helps to produce unbelievable results, not (imho) by the fact it’s a single tier.  If we want more than 60k in Anfield after the Annie’s redone, then the kop has got to be an option for further expansion given you can’t rebuild the KD as houses behind would prevent a larger footprint needed and you can’t build higher.
Totally disagree with your comments. The Kop is well known for being a single tier stand and the fans would not accept any suggestion of making it a multi-tier stand.

Rebuilding it would be the only option and even that is a none starter at this moment in time with the issues around/behind that end of the ground.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #239 on: September 3, 2019, 11:20:36 am »
Totally disagree with your comments. The Kop is well known for being a single tier stand and the fans would not accept any suggestion of making it a multi-tier stand.

Rebuilding it would be the only option and even that is a none starter at this moment in time with the issues around/behind that end of the ground.

The best option, depending on how close the current steps are to safe standing regs (I'm sure Peter said in the past they meet them, but I could be wrong) would be to keep what's currently there, convert it to safe standing when allowed, then see if we can expand the corners and back some more to maybe try to add another 3-4k on.