Author Topic: Porto (A) - Wednesday 17th April  (Read 66151 times)

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Porto (A) - Wednesday 17th April
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2019, 11:25:06 am »
Oh and just so you can all see what complete c*nts they are for charging us whatever they do - here's the prices for members V general public. And you can bet your bottom dollar the majority of their crowd are members. So nearly 2 thirds less in cost of a ticket.

General Public
East Tribune: 150 euros
Central West/East Stand: 100 euros
Side West/East Stand: 85 euros
Grandstand West/East: 60 euros
Superior Super Bock/ Coca-Cola: 60 euros

Members with Annual Seat
[Annual Seat reserved until April 5, 2019]
East Tribune: 40 euros
Central West/East Stand: 30 euros
Side West/East Stand: 25 euros
Grandstand West/East: 20 euros
Superior Super Bock/ Coca-Cola: 18 euros

Members
East Tribune: 50 euros
Central West/East Stand: 35 euros
Side West/East Stand: 30 euros
Grandstand West/East: 25 euros
Superior Super Bock/ Coca-Cola: 20 euros

Over to you LFC see if the people representing us have found a backbone?
there isnt anything the club can do regarding the actual prices Porto are charging though so they cant get a backbone in that respect. What they could do is subsidise it for us or charge porto more for anfield and us that to cut costs

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2019, 11:42:54 am »
There has to be dialogue. Yes they have set the prices but I'm not having it that they can't/won't discuss it particularly with regard to reciprocal pricing. The attitude of that's the way it is stinks.

I'm not a fan of tit for tat pricing because Jose and Miguel over there are the ones who suffer and nobody wins. Something needs to be done as it's getting pathetic.

Subsidy should happen yes if it turns out to be €85.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2019, 11:44:12 am »
The problem with the subsidy is that if they do it they're giving a green light to anyone to do whatever they want in the future cos the club will just cover it.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2019, 11:49:51 am »
It's more than the final ticket (cat 4 anyway). I paid more for this ticket last year than the final too.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2019, 12:09:29 pm »
They will do a collection on this for sure
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2019, 12:13:28 pm »
They will do a collection on this for sure
Hopefully worked fine for munich so dont see why they wouldnt continue it

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2019, 12:57:19 pm »
Just curious on where about's mate (roughly) looking at doing a weeks break in the Sun with the misses.

Albufeira.......4 hours drive up to Porto Wednesday morning.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2019, 01:50:18 pm »
There has to be dialogue. Yes they have set the prices but I'm not having it that they can't/won't discuss it particularly with regard to reciprocal pricing. The attitude of that's the way it is stinks.

I'm not a fan of tit for tat pricing because Jose and Miguel over there are the ones who suffer and nobody wins. Something needs to be done as it's getting pathetic.

Subsidy should happen yes if it turns out to be €85.

This

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2019, 02:20:33 pm »
Club need a backbone. Charge Porto 100 pounds lower Anny non member prices. Simple. Reduce to normal prices if they charge us normal prices. Sick of getting the piss taken out of us. Being spineless and trying 'dialogue' doesn't fuckin work.

Would our friends across the East Lancs Road tolerate this? Would they fuck! They got it spot on with Sevilla last year, they got charged 89 quid so tit for tatted Sevilla and both clubs ended up subsidising own fans. If Liverpool offer to subsidise then Porto profit from LFC, so doesn't deter it.

As a little FYI, if we go through and play Barca expect the tickets to be over 100 Euros. I paid 127 Euros for the semi v Bayern in 2nd cheapest sector back in 2015, cheapest area being away fans which was 90-95 Euros I think. Fast forward 4 years and it will be more! It is disgusting, but all Barca socis (members) and Penya (supporter club) members are subject to same pricing for individual tickets for big games.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2019, 02:23:18 pm »
Ripping Portuguese people off isn't the club showing a backbone.

Offline Rome 84

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2019, 02:27:59 pm »
The backbone shout is grim. If you want to keep ticket prices high and you want Liverpool supporters to pay a premium you go down the subsidies route. If you want the situation to be fixed you tackle the problem as best you possibly can.
Charging Porto fans more would do nothing other than maintaining the inflationary spiral and then supporters of all clubs lose. If you’ve got backbone you do what is right even if that entails getting criticism along the way. 

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2019, 02:34:35 pm »
Sorry Tony and Phil but I disagree here. If we charge a non members price for the Anny Road it covers us in terms of the rules. We then always speak to the opponent and work things out, as it stands we are just letting Porto rip us off once again. The only way they will take notice is if we threaten their fans with the same. Then we can talk, both agree not to do it and problem solved. Simple

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2019, 02:35:28 pm »
UEFA should implement a Europe wide cap at 30euros for example for all travelling fans.

They manage to impose themselves enough on the host teams ground on match days effectively "taking over" and owning the stadium.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2019, 02:38:31 pm »
The backbone shout is grim. If you want to keep ticket prices high and you want Liverpool supporters to pay a premium you go down the subsidies route. If you want the situation to be fixed you tackle the problem as best you possibly can.
Charging Porto fans more would do nothing other than maintaining the inflationary spiral and then supporters of all clubs lose. If you’ve got backbone you do what is right even if that entails getting criticism along the way. 

So out of interest what have you done / are you doing that 'is right'? It's clear the club aren't going to subsidise and it was obvious what the line on that was going to be on that.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2019, 05:34:39 pm »
really want to do this one as haven't ticked off a Portuguese side yet.

would be travelling on my own, Sporting Options quoting £454 for single occupancy 1 night stay over. 
All other routes look horrendous time off work/cost/distance to travel ?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 02:27:58 pm by Thomas »

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2019, 05:43:32 pm »
really want to do this one as haven't ticked off a Portuguese side yet.

would be travelling on my own, Sporting Options quoting £440 for single occupancy 1 night stay over.
All other routes look horrendous time off work/cost/distance to travel ?

They had one for £325 overnight with no hotel. Hotels are ok price wise. If that's left

Edit:. Still available. Defo get cheap hotel or hostel. Save on their price  Or someone on here may have spare bed. We may have a spare bed but am waiting on a mate to confirm.

https://www.sportoptions.com/Porto-v-Liverpool-17/4/19
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 05:50:42 pm by Craig S »

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2019, 05:48:15 pm »
Would be nice if the club could come to some reciprocal pricing agreement with Porto. I’ve got no faith in UEFA doing anything.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2019, 07:20:42 pm »
Porto has obviously made their small time move to make a couple of quid without consulting Liverpool..

Charge them 120 pounds in the AR if you're not a member and inform in the official sales notice that it is a comeback to porto-prices..

Let their supporters fight their small time club
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2019, 10:01:41 pm »
Booked it. Ended up being totally fucking mad as we had to wait for a mate to get time off for it. Fly to Madrid and then do some mad overnight coach from Madrid to Porto, arriving for about 7am. Gives us the whole Tuesday and Wednesday in Porto though and at the very least it'll be a good holiday and a chance for some beers and songs with reds over there- which is probably the main driving factor for going. Hopefully get to meet some people I've met through the games over there now as well.

Might look into getting in the home end nearer the time but not sure I'm that bothered about sitting in the home end for a second leg. I'd want to celebrate if we scored a crucial goal and after a few beers I'd find it difficult not to, to be entirely honest. So probably be a bar for the game and then hopefully a cracking evening in the centre after we've qualified.

Gonna have to wait for a Spartak Moscow or similar to get a sniff I reckon, but that's sound, at least there's a potential 'in' in the distance as opposed to the league aways ladder.

Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Kopite787

• Main Stander
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2019, 10:14:57 pm »
Booked it. Ended up being totally fucking mad as we had to wait for a mate to get time off for it. Fly to Madrid and then do some mad overnight coach from Madrid to Porto, arriving for about 7am. Gives us the whole Tuesday and Wednesday in Porto though and at the very least it'll be a good holiday and a chance for some beers and songs with reds over there- which is probably the main driving factor for going. Hopefully get to meet some people I've met through the games over there now as well.

Might look into getting in the home end nearer the time but not sure I'm that bothered about sitting in the home end for a second leg. I'd want to celebrate if we scored a crucial goal and after a few beers I'd find it difficult not to, to be entirely honest. So probably be a bar for the game and then hopefully a cracking evening in the centre after we've qualified.

Gonna have to wait for a Spartak Moscow or similar to get a sniff I reckon, but that's sound, at least there's a potential 'in' in the distance as opposed to the league aways ladder.

Last paragraph sums it up perfectly, I’m hoping for Spartak Moscow, Galatasaray and hopefully Barca in the groups next year or similiar

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2019, 10:40:44 pm »
Last paragraph sums it up perfectly, I’m hoping for Spartak Moscow, Galatasaray and hopefully Barca in the groups next year or similiar
Ukraine, Russia or Turkey or a big east European stadium would be ideal

Offline Kopite787

• Main Stander
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2019, 10:42:30 pm »
Ukraine, Russia or Turkey or a big east European stadium would be ideal

Any 2 places where you have to show proof of travel to get the credit 👍🏻🙏

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2019, 10:45:44 pm »
Any 2 places where you have to show proof of travel to get the credit 👍🏻🙏
If any away goes to all members for whatever reason it should be this way. Early group stage and a unattractive destination would be good

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2019, 02:18:40 pm »
All booked abar from getting from Lisbon to Porto and back.

Manc - Lisbon ( Mon ) Porto ( Tues ) Porto - Lisbon ( Thurs ) Manc ( Fri )
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2019, 02:20:24 pm »
If its Liverpool and Barca in the semis Ive got very cheap route planned from Manc . Less then 35 quid.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Kopite787

• Main Stander
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2019, 02:40:16 pm »
If its Liverpool and Barca in the semis Ive got very cheap route planned from Manc . Less then 35 quid.

Get it booked now, have to take the risk, if both teams go through flights will shoot to atleast £200. I’ve booked my Barca flights £29

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2019, 02:46:28 pm »

You've got a route from Manc for £35, I've researched many an option and not found that today

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2019, 03:04:08 pm »
You've got a route from Manc for £35, I've researched many an option and not found that today

Its to South of France then jump the Paris to Barca TGV. Takes about an hour from Perpignan . Done this route many times.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2019, 03:10:29 pm »
Get it booked now, have to take the risk, if both teams go through flights will shoot to atleast £200. I’ve booked my Barca flights £29

Bit skint at the minute after the Bayern trip ad booking the Porto one. May book it next week and if we go out will visit my friends in Languedoc. If we go through and get the Mancs I will lose 35 rips.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2019, 03:16:45 pm »
What we thinking credit wise if we get 3200?

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2019, 03:32:35 pm »
Booked flight out. Still figuring out a route to get back. Only just realised it's Easter weekend too. Probably take a 6-hour-ish detour elsewhere to briefly visit a new city.

Met a girl on Tinder way back that now lives in Porto so will be nice to catch up with her ;)
YNWA.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2019, 03:36:11 pm »
Booked flight out. Still figuring out a route to get back. Only just realised it's Easter weekend too. Probably take a 6-hour-ish detour elsewhere to briefly visit a new city.

Met a girl on Tinder way back that now lives in Porto so will be nice to catch up with her ;)

Had the same issue mate. Madrid is the best answer.
Or Hamburg.

I’ve decided to go to Morocco for a few says instead!

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2019, 04:17:35 pm »
Started at 3 last year and finished with very limited sale on 1......but, that was then and this is now ! Funny one this with Bayern being last game and 3800 - possibly start on 4 then go down maybe to 2 ?

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2019, 04:24:45 pm »

Well done. Proud of you. Ive got a Portuguse lass I know in Lisbon . Met her grapepicking in France a few years ago. Ive yet to let her know I'll be passing through.   ;D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2019, 04:34:01 pm »
2 or more from this season guaranteed
1 from this season not guaranteed
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2019, 04:50:10 pm »
I've just taken the hit and booked Sport Options one night stay. helps me massively with not having too long away from the office.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2019, 07:24:11 pm »
Well done. Proud of you. Ive got a Portuguse lass I know in Lisbon . Met her grapepicking in France a few years ago. Ive yet to let her know I'll be passing through.   ;D

hahhah, there's a grape-based innuendo I'm probably missing here... 8)
YNWA.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2019, 08:01:07 pm »
hahhah, there's a grape-based innuendo I'm probably missing here... 8)

None at all. The whole Leipzig manouvere was to see a German lass I met at the same Chateau I met the Portuguesa . Chateau Des Morrier and Liverpool Football Club. I salute you !

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2019, 09:08:01 pm »
So out of interest what have you done / are you doing that 'is right'? It's clear the club aren't going to subsidise and it was obvious what the line on that was going to be on that.
Tony????

MUFC have reacted instantly to the news about barca fucking them over. And whilst I don’t fully agree with the tit for tat stuff it makes you think- they are acting

So what’s going on?

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2019, 09:58:25 pm »
United were charged £102 for Barca. This is what the club have done:

Applications for the game are now closed, the ballot is complete and the game is sold out. We have been allocated 4,610 standard tickets, however FC Barcelona confirmed our tickets for this game were to be priced at £102. In this instance we believe that our travelling supporters are again being subjected to increased/excessive ticket prices from the host club.

Similarly to Valencia in the group stages and Sevilla FC last season, we have again taken the difficult decision to charge FC Barcelona fans for the home leg at Old Trafford the same amount that FC Barcelona are charging for the away fixture (£102). We will use the additional revenue gained from this to subsidise our travelling support by paying the £27 price difference for each of our travelling supporters.