Author Topic: Leicester City AKA The Plutocrats  (Read 257122 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: Leicester City
« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2019, 08:14:01 pm »
Who is this Pascoe of whom you speak??   Wasn't he just the guy who stuck some cones down and ran around in gold shiny Speedos??

Phase of Speedo Pascoe
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2019, 08:15:52 pm »
Posessor of Pants

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2019, 08:37:03 pm »
I'll give my life to make the supporters proud of their club

Could get interesting

Strange choice of words considering where he as gone.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2019, 08:38:53 pm »

Once Leicester touches you.......
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2019, 08:43:31 pm »
Yep, and I didn't like that either.

However, I do know a story, told to me by a player involved, of a name coach whose assistant was into the chairman every week or two, angling for the manager's job, and then going for lunch with the manager and even having family get-togethers.

Football is a dirty business. It doesn't pay to be loyal to anyone, really, at any level where money is involved. And even at some levels where money isn't!

If you think that's bad I once heard a story about a player who was shaging his brother's wife behind his back. I can't dish out any names though as I'm sworn to secrecy.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: February 26, 2019, 10:13:19 pm »

My first thought when I read that, I'm guessing he'll clarify that in his first real presser. We, more than any know that Brendan loves his quotes and soundbites, he never really means anything by them either good or bad and probably thinks they make good headline fodder but this time is a bloody unfortunate choice of words given the circumstances.

I think he'll do well for Leicester, maybe win a cup if he takes them seriously and they are safe in the league. Much like Wolves have done with the FA Cup this season, if you have no chance of winning the league or going down then you may as well go for it. The bigger clubs may look at he FA Cup like a nice bauble but the Wigan lads from 2013 will absolutely go down in that clubs folklore and that's even with them going down. Wolves haven't won a pot in decades, those players who do it will be remembered. Leicester are unlikely to win the league any time soon, so winning one of the cups would be a great thing for them and Brendan to show he can win a trophy in a more competitive system than Scotland.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: February 26, 2019, 10:16:30 pm »
Really any need for such hyperbolic nonsense, Brendan?  :-\  Fans don't buy it for a second. It just reads like corporate crap.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #167 on: February 26, 2019, 10:47:04 pm »
Good luck to BR.

Met him in Sainsbury's the night he flew in to sign his Liverpool contract, good man... bit smaller than I had anticipated, but he'll fit right in at Leicester.

Made up he's back in the Prem to be honest, it shows good character of him to come back.

We will now have 'good' relations with both Newcastle and Leicester. Will come in handy in the summer when we go in for their players.

But this will be the true test of Rodgers' credentials. At Liverpool, okay, he was tested and took us within our first title shot in years... But as I've aged and the dust is settled, I'd be interested to see how he'd have done without Suarez - because as much as it pains me to admit, while Rodgers certainly got the best out of some players, I think that most of us can agree by now that after seeing Suarez at Barca, the man (Suarez) has proven he can walk into any team and improve them (Groningen, Ajax etc...).

As I say, this will be a proper test of him - if he can get that squad sorted and Vardy back on form, the team themselves can raise Rodgers' game alone.

Personally, I just hope he doesn't become a career manager like Sam Allardyce et al.

He's at a critical part of his career where he will either go one way, or go another...

He has a proven ability to talk the talk, but back in the Prem, he's really gotta win something with Leicester - as others have said, they have the squad to push for silverware, but unless he can get someone trained up to do the Kante role, (as well as Mahrez's role), he'll not pacify the fans at all.

I think he'll take Joe Allen there from Stoke as they don't look like they're getting promoted and Joe Allen, while nowhere near Kante's ability or skill, can certainly act as a pivot for Rodgers and I don't know if anyone is watching Stoke of late, but Joe Allen ain't playing too bad for them, not too badly at all.

Joe Allen could do a job at Leicester, and I think he'd link up well with Vardy - Allen is well good at picking out a runner and that's what Vardy needs.

So, all in all, quality signing by Leicester and Rodgers would have been a fool to not go. Watched a lot of Scottish footy this season and while Celtic are a great club with great supporters, it is unfortunate that the SPL doesn't have the weight and money the EPL. I've watched it a lot, and without sounding elitist, the competition is on par with the Championship (at times, League One). And also, it takes courage from him to leave now... it really does, and I think folk are looking at this wrong - he could have sat off and got a treble and told Leicester he'd join in the summer (and prepare targets and tactics), but instead, he's left a certain thing, for something that could easily kill off his career in the Prem (at least, at the tune of £6 million).

In fact, I'm throwing a fiver on Joe Allen to sign for Leicester in the summer.

From a totally non-biased perspective, Leicester might be worth a tenner for the title next season - let's face it, stranger things have happened, and while of course, I think and hope that we'll be up there (and retain it ;) ), think about it...

Aside of Kante and Mahrez (who, let's face it, are replaceable), that squad kind of looks better than the squad who won the title. They're a defender light of course, and Vardy's ports and spliffs look to be catching up with him, but they've got a cracking club Leicester and if Vardy has a swan song in his prime years, Rodgers could very well rub mud in the eye of a lot of people who've already made up their minds about him.

Good luck to him, and good luck to Leicester!     
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 10:50:45 pm by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: February 26, 2019, 11:10:19 pm »
We will now have 'good' relations with both Newcastle and Leicester. Will come in handy in the summer when we go in for their players.
While I'm sure we'll have no issues dealing with Leicester, Brendan clearly wasn't a fan of Edwards
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2019, 11:11:33 pm »
What do they expect? And frankly it shows ambition, could have easily stayed and racked up more trophies, now someone else will take credit for winning them.

Think they’re probably more pissed off or frustrated that their manager would rather manage a mid table side back in the Premier League.
oh I think that’s definitely true, 20 years ago they nabbed Leicester’s manager off them, but there is a way to leave and let’s be honest if he does well there and another big 6 job comes up midseason he’d happily leave leicester in the lurch, many suspected he saw Liverpool as a stepping stone to a Real Madrid or Barca which is why he didn’t get the same love as a Kenny/rafa/klopp

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2019, 11:17:17 pm »
Really any need for such hyperbolic nonsense, Brendan?  :-\  Fans don't buy it for a second. It just reads like corporate crap.
yup, sounds like a guy in a bar at 3am desperately trying to find a shag

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: February 26, 2019, 11:17:33 pm »
Good luck to him, still got massive amounts of admiration for Brendan and what he did here. Think he's massively underappreciated

I hope he does really well at Leicester, people obsess over his press conferences a bizarre amount and every sentence seems to be picked to pieces, you seem to see so few other managers comments under a magnifying glass quite as much. Not everything needs to be taken literally all the time

Good luck Brendan and good luck Leicester as well
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 11:19:38 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2019, 12:17:55 am »
Good luck to him, still got massive amounts of admiration for Brendan and what he did here. Think he's massively underappreciated

I hope he does really well at Leicester, people obsess over his press conferences a bizarre amount and every sentence seems to be picked to pieces, you seem to see so few other managers comments under a magnifying glass quite as much. Not everything needs to be taken literally all the time

Good luck Brendan and good luck Leicester as well

This is a side to him that I'm less enthused by - I can't tell whether he's talking shit or talking sense.

That's the difference... Mourinho's a similar media person, but does it in a very different way...

You could see when BR was being arrogant in a press conference, but whereas the press used to laugh off Mourinho's arrogance (which is 10x on BR), there were a few times, I felt, Rodgers either got misquoted, or came across a bit arrogant.

Not comparing him to Mourinho, but I do think that, when Mourinho would get edgy with the press, he had a degree of foundation for it - he's won countless titles, the press first gobbled it up and later spat it back at him.

BR on the other hand, he's said a few questionable things, and while he came across very well in the pressers, they felt like Footy Manager replies and over time, his media work got monotonous (when we lost or drew anyhow).

I think that this is one of the main challenges that he faces with regard to his career. He got a bit dry on the media front at times in Scotland, and I think that the media work (and the change) may have played a role in his decision. He does come across to the media well and he could probably walk into a media job if he wanted...   
Continually on 11,420.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2019, 01:13:03 am »
Leicester were happy to wait until; the summer but Brendan insisted the deal happens now

Crazy, when you think he could have won the treble treble

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2019, 01:56:39 am »
Does it really matter who manages Celtic? Pretty hard job to fuck up.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2019, 02:20:51 am »
Leicester will go from being one of the most horrid teams to watch to one of the more exciting teams now. 

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2019, 03:16:50 am »
This is a side to him that I'm less enthused by - I can't tell whether he's talking shit or talking sense.

That's the difference... Mourinho's a similar media person, but does it in a very different way...

You could see when BR was being arrogant in a press conference, but whereas the press used to laugh off Mourinho's arrogance (which is 10x on BR), there were a few times, I felt, Rodgers either got misquoted, or came across a bit arrogant.

Not comparing him to Mourinho, but I do think that, when Mourinho would get edgy with the press, he had a degree of foundation for it - he's won countless titles, the press first gobbled it up and later spat it back at him.

BR on the other hand, he's said a few questionable things, and while he came across very well in the pressers, they felt like Footy Manager replies and over time, his media work got monotonous (when we lost or drew anyhow).

I think that this is one of the main challenges that he faces with regard to his career. He got a bit dry on the media front at times in Scotland, and I think that the media work (and the change) may have played a role in his decision. He does come across to the media well and he could probably walk into a media job if he wanted...

He talks like a coach who has done the modules on communicating with the media and took them to heart. It never bothered me. I was always more interested in what talking he did through his teams. I don't live with the bloke and we're not neighbours and he nicked me Speedos and blamed it on Marshy, but ultimately, his non-coaching life is not important in the great scheme of things. He is an excellent and brave (or naive, depending on your viewpoint) for wanting to make every team he has play possession football. I couldn't do it ;D But that's part of why I liked him.

But his media utterances? I said it before and I'll say it again - people are/were more concerned about those because they didn't like the stick their mates gave them because he was easily slaggable.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2019, 03:33:12 am »
Unpopular opinion on here but I think Leicester could do better. Rodgers is never going to elevate that team into the top 6 nor will he attract the better prospects if his past is anything to go by. The board will also need to keep a tight reign on his transfer activity as his record is awful. Should have picked Espírito Santo, he could do something special with a bit of backing.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2019, 04:20:01 am »
Unpopular opinion on here but I think Leicester could do better. Rodgers is never going to elevate that team into the top 6 nor will he attract the better prospects if his past is anything to go by. The board will also need to keep a tight reign on his transfer activity as his record is awful. Should have picked Espírito Santo, he could do something special with a bit of backing.

Why?

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2019, 05:00:31 am »
He's always used the 'I'll give my life' phrase, remember hearing that in interviews when he was Liverpool manager. Figured it was just his thing. Probably used it this time without thinking it through, which is actually charmingly human for Brendan who's more an everything planned corporate speak guy.

Either way, it's all on the pitch, what matters. Wasted his time at Celtic, it's meaningless without being disrespectful to their supporters on here, the sooner he was out the better, now he'll have some time to assess the squad without the pressure of results as they aren't in danger of relegation, get set-up for next season.

Loyalty's an empty word in football, a world where managers mostly get sacked and players sold on once they are of no more use / the fee is big enough etc, it's a rare privilege to actually get to choose when to walk!

The Scottish league probably suits a new manager to establish the fact that yes he can actually manage without everything falling to pieces. Maybe like Gerrard. When you've already done that, as in Rodgers' example, it's a waste of time ultimately. He could have gotten the Leicester job off the back of his Swansea and maybe Liverpool work.

All that said, it'll be interesting to see how he has evolved as a coach, if at all. The Swansea version might bring something new to Leicester, the Liverpool version will probably meander to an average full season before getting sacked as the balance was never right, and Leicester don't have the top of the class attackers to end games quickly.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2019, 05:17:44 am »
Rodgers saying "I'll give my life for the club" is as predictable as Beck using a vocoder on one of his albums. It's just a thing that comes with the territory

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2019, 05:22:18 am »
yup, sounds like a guy in a bar at 3am desperately trying to find a shag
Yeh sorry about that. I was lonesome and you looked sweet...

I imagine all the usual detractions will be doing the rounds again now he's in a high-ish profile job again. His every world analysed, his teeth, his weight, his tan, his realtionships. Hmm Rodgers back in the Prem just as Ricky Gervaise is back on the telly. Coincidence? I think not, etc...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2019, 05:43:13 am »
Much as PoP, I can take or leave Brendan's public utterances without it impacting what I think of the man's abilities as a coach. I can also understand why loyalty is a weakness in modern football, especially for managers whose future hinges on a few results.

However, I can still not be particularly enamoured by this decision to quit Celtic mid-season. Leicester were prepared to wait till next season and appoint a caretaker now, so it's somewhat crass to burn all his bridges at Parkhead for a few extra months managing in the Premier League. There is a dignified way to do things, and the manner in which Brendan left Celtic doesn't quite qualify as that.

I am disappointed, as I was when he threw his assistants under the bus at the end of 2014-15, because I quite like Brendan and want him to do well. But Christ he makes it difficult sometimes.

That said, I think Leicester is a good job for him and he'll do well.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2019, 05:48:48 am »

He has backing and there’s no reason leave Wolves for Leicester.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2019, 05:50:24 am »
Pascoe was a wanker and so was his little rat of a son. Don’t know why people are arsed about him.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2019, 05:56:02 am »
Pascoe was a wanker and so was his little rat of a son. Don’t know why people are arsed about him.

Was it you who messed with his wikipedia entry ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Pascoe

In January 2018, Pascoe was seen selling knee-high socks and slip on sandals on the entry to Knutsford.

:D
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2019, 05:58:39 am »
He's always used the 'I'll give my life' phrase, remember hearing that in interviews when he was Liverpool manager. Figured it was just his thing. Probably used it this time without thinking it through, which is actually charmingly human for Brendan who's more an everything planned corporate speak guy.

Either way, it's all on the pitch, what matters. Wasted his time at Celtic, it's meaningless without being disrespectful to their supporters on here, the sooner he was out the better, now he'll have some time to assess the squad without the pressure of results as they aren't in danger of relegation, get set-up for next season.

Loyalty's an empty word in football, a world where managers mostly get sacked and players sold on once they are of no more use / the fee is big enough etc, it's a rare privilege to actually get to choose when to walk!

The Scottish league probably suits a new manager to establish the fact that yes he can actually manage without everything falling to pieces. Maybe like Gerrard. When you've already done that, as in Rodgers' example, it's a waste of time ultimately. He could have gotten the Leicester job off the back of his Swansea and maybe Liverpool work.

All that said, it'll be interesting to see how he has evolved as a coach, if at all. The Swansea version might bring something new to Leicester, the Liverpool version will probably meander to an average full season before getting sacked as the balance was never right, and Leicester don't have the top of the class attackers to end games quickly.
Dunno if it's a Robbie Keane situation like, but didn't Brendan say he was a boyhood Celtic supporter? Could see why he'd be happy to win a few trophies there.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2019, 06:05:26 am »
Was it you who messed with his wikipedia entry ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Pascoe

:D

;D no but that's brilliant.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2019, 06:33:33 am »
Dunno if it's a Robbie Keane situation like, but didn't Brendan say he was a boyhood Celtic supporter? Could see why he'd be happy to win a few trophies there.

A nationalist from the North, very plausible he had an affinity with Celtic.

I'm not sure calling the experience he would have gained from being in the CL and EL as being meaningless, in response to the poster you quoted.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: February 27, 2019, 06:54:38 am »

If he was, thats some way to leave your boyhood club.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2019, 09:50:08 am »
He doesn't come across the loyal type. Didn't he dump his backroom staff here before he got sacked?
Brendan has always been loyal to himself ... at least that’s the impression I got
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline MNAA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: February 27, 2019, 09:52:45 am »
I think he said the same when he was us. He must be like a cat with so many lives
I thought I was alone in thinking like this when I read that statement 😁
coitus will occur

Offline MNAA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2019, 10:01:46 am »
So who is the technician in this Leicester side? Gray? Maddison? Iheanacho? Ndidi? Mendy?

Will Leicester now be serving us with death by football?
coitus will occur

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2019, 10:29:52 am »
I would put good money on them signing Joe Allen in the summer. Would be a good signing too.

Would imagine he will do well there. Good talented young squad with big ambitions.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2019, 10:52:03 am »
A few people have mentioned Allen going there and whilst I'm sure Rodgers would like him, at 29 soon, he doesn't fit their recently recruitment policy. Johnny Evans aside (who like him or not) in this market at £3m is a bargain, they've signed the below (age shown as of when they signed them).

Tielemans (on loan) 21
Maddison 21
Ricardo 24
Ward 24
Benkovic 21
Soyuncu 22
Maguire 23
Iheanacho 20
Ndidi 19

Add to this, Chilwell, Choudhury, Barnes from the youth team and I think I'm right in saying they have the youngest average aged team in the League

The older signings Iborra, Silva, Slimani have all been moved on.

I think this is what Rodgers saw. A team that he can mould in his image that has money to help bring in players to further enhance this. Players such as Maddison and Barnes should be looking at us during 13/14 and relish their opportunity 

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2019, 11:16:45 am »
Celtic fans right to be pissed but 100% correct decision from Rodgers. All the sectarian nonsense, a board just happy with domestic dominance. I'm sure 1 thought in Rodgers mind was best take this opportunity with Leicester or I'll be left with an Everton.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2019, 11:16:52 am »
A few people have mentioned Allen going there and whilst I'm sure Rodgers would like him, at 29 soon, he doesn't fit their recently recruitment policy. Johnny Evans aside (who like him or not) in this market at £3m is a bargain, they've signed the below (age shown as of when they signed them).

Tielemans (on loan) 21
Maddison 21
Ricardo 24
Ward 24
Benkovic 21
Soyuncu 22
Maguire 23
Iheanacho 20
Ndidi 19

Add to this, Chilwell, Choudhury, Barnes from the youth team and I think I'm right in saying they have the youngest average aged team in the League

The older signings Iborra, Silva, Slimani have all been moved on.

I think this is what Rodgers saw. A team that he can mould in his image that has money to help bring in players to further enhance this. Players such as Maddison and Barnes should be looking at us during 13/14 and relish their opportunity 
Didn't realize he was only 29?

Ohh Joe Allen- you took my heart son..
One of my favorite Liverpool players and he didn't even win anything of note. Pity he left, cause we could've gotten 2 good season from him yet(and possibly more).
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2019, 11:37:02 am »
Didn't realize he was only 29?

Ohh Joe Allen- you took my heart son..
One of my favorite Liverpool players and he didn't even win anything of note. Pity he left, cause we could've gotten 2 good season from him yet(and possibly more).

really!? I like Joe Allen, cos I'm Welsh, so I've always had a soft spot for him  ;D But as a Liverpool player?  He became a decent option and sub to have though in his short time under Klopp, and yeah been good if he'd wanted to stay, but otherwise, I'm finding it hard to get him on a list of top 100 favourite Liverpool players  :P

As for him going to Leicester, I agree with whoever said his age profile doesn't seem to fit. Also, I am not sure how do Leicester work regards as to who does the actual signings there, so Rodgers may have very little say, which would likely mean no Wee Joe.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2019, 12:19:07 pm »
I'm sure 1 thought in Rodgers mind was best take this opportunity with Leicester or I'll be left with an Everton.

At least he'd get his house back from Jurgen in the latter scenario...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2019, 12:21:17 pm »
As for him going to Leicester, I agree with whoever said his age profile doesn't seem to fit. Also, I am not sure how do Leicester work regards as to who does the actual signings there, so Rodgers may have very little say, which would likely mean no Wee Joe.
oh that could lead to problems down the line

Leicester were happy to wait until; the summer but Brendan insisted the deal happens now

Crazy, when you think he could have won the treble treble
hes meant to be getting £5.5m a year at Leicester, doubt he’s on anything near that at celtic