Author Topic: Álisson Ramsés Becker  (Read 958401 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alisson Ramses Becker
« Reply #2520 on: January 22, 2019, 08:07:10 pm »
Just over performance v reversion to the mean is all. Statisticians invoking the Gods.

Alisson over performs v XGA, Liverpool give up very few chances of any quality, let alone high quality... and the worry was always for Dan Kennett that it’s revert to the mean and scupper our chances to some extent.

Nothing more complicated than that really.

I understand, but I’m just not in agreement that Alisson’s goals conceded has to revert to xG. He may well revert to the mean, but that will be because he’s not quite as good as the current stats show.  Then again, Alisson may outperform xG because he’s a better quality shot stopper than the ‘mean’.

Messi outperforms xG by 20% I read somewhere, which is because he is a higher quality player. Morati has a high xG but has been poor at finishing. The variables involved in xG don’t take into account the quality of player/keeper. Also, each chance is independent of the next chance (usually - unless it’s in the same move) so like tossing a coin, if you get a heads that doesn’t make the next toss more likely to be tails.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2521 on: January 22, 2019, 09:21:45 pm »
My problem with the "mean" is a) which mean is he regressing to (his own mean, or the overall mean), and b) which methods are being used to calculate the mean (total shots, or shots on target?)
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #2522 on: January 22, 2019, 11:57:16 pm »
The mean reverts to Allison.

Any questions? Mail them on a postcard c/o Napoli Europa League Campaign, backwoods Romania road trip, postcode unassigned.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2523 on: January 23, 2019, 11:11:22 am »
I’m just not in agreement that Alisson’s goals conceded has to revert to xG.

But of course nobody said that. I said statisticians were invoking the Gods because they were worrying the numbers wouldn't remain strong. One game passes (which we still won) and we concede three goals that adjust the numbers to a level they're more comfortable with. The statisticians emit a sigh of relief cos they feel like the Gods were listening. But of course stats just describe things observed in the world, often in an imperfect way, so really it's just another way of crossing your fingers. Alisson may suddenly become a human capable of being a goal shaped wall while away on warm weather training and we'll never concede a goal again. We'll lose something in our build up play, of course, but hey - you win some you lose some.

The same statisticians were, however, the same people preaching that Salah, thirteen games into the league campaign, was not in fact in a slump as the media would have had us believe, but was in fact steadily improving in his underlying performance indicators (chance quality, chance volume, XG, and so forth). Turns out they were right about him. :)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #2524 on: January 23, 2019, 10:01:26 pm »
I understand, but I’m just not in agreement that Alisson’s goals conceded has to revert to xG. He may well revert to the mean, but that will be because he’s not quite as good as the current stats show.  Then again, Alisson may outperform xG because he’s a better quality shot stopper than the ‘mean’.

Messi outperforms xG by 20% I read somewhere, which is because he is a higher quality player. Morati has a high xG but has been poor at finishing. The variables involved in xG don’t take into account the quality of player/keeper. Also, each chance is independent of the next chance (usually - unless it’s in the same move) so like tossing a coin, if you get a heads that doesn’t make the next toss more likely to be tails.

Pretty much this.

Outperforming XG is where the law of averages meets finishing skill. Many players will regress to the mean, but the mean is composed of people of different levels of ability. Allison is a better player than many others, and therefore will logically outperform XG.

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2525 on: January 23, 2019, 10:55:03 pm »
No one reasonable would claim Alisson was likely to revert all the way to the general mean. It’s quite clear (whether you like numbers or not) that he’s a well above average shot stopper. All Dan was suggesting is that his first half performance was not merely excellent, but essentially godlike. We’d probably expect him to be merely excellent in the second half (and indeed we already saw him give up three goals from three shots on target on saturday).

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2526 on: January 23, 2019, 11:22:29 pm »
He might revert to HIS mean rather than the league mean.

Of course his mean is yet to be determined as it is too soon to say what it is, so we won’t know for a bit.

Good eh?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2527 on: January 23, 2019, 11:28:57 pm »
exactly.

People talk about it like it’s a deck of cards. Every keepers ‘mean’ is different to every other keepers. That’s why xGa is used to rate keepers, but then people say it’s an anomaly when a keeper is performing well like he’s just on a heater
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2528 on: January 24, 2019, 12:37:26 am »
He might revert to HIS mean rather than the league mean.

Of course his mean is yet to be determined as it is too soon to say what it is, so we won’t know for a bit.

Good eh?

I see what you mean...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2529 on: January 24, 2019, 02:50:42 pm »
I see what you mean...

Don’t be mean.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2530 on: January 24, 2019, 03:51:45 pm »
Don’t be mean.

Didn't mean to demean, not what I meant...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #2531 on: January 30, 2019, 10:14:43 am »
To the tune of Dodgy - Staying Out For the Summer
https://youtu.be/7_x-dH6D9k0?t=12

His name is Alisson Becker
He makes saves in the rain
Our Brazilian keeper
Keeps a clean sheet again

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2532 on: January 30, 2019, 03:24:16 pm »
:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2533 on: January 30, 2019, 05:41:36 pm »
Full concentration needed tonight in pursuit of a clean sheet, the error against these'ns away is still fresh in the memory but we got away with it.

A clean sheet please.  :thumbup

Offline Upanishad

• Change is good
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • hi
« Reply #2534 on: January 30, 2019, 11:32:19 pm »
Had a couple of moments tonight which he got away with. Could do without any wobbles at the back, it's going to be hard enough as it is.
Voyager-1 is on course to approach a star called AC +793888, but it will only get to within two light-years of it and it will be tens of thousands of years before it does so.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #2535 on: January 30, 2019, 11:33:51 pm »
Had a couple of moments tonight which he got away with. Could do without any wobbles at the back, it's going to be hard enough as it is.

Also ran out of goal twice to stop them being in saved a point blank deflection
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #2536 on: January 30, 2019, 11:35:15 pm »
Eh, I forgive him mostly for a few wonky kicks, the ball held up a bit on the frost.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2537 on: January 31, 2019, 12:27:47 am »
needs to stop fannying about at back. could easily of cost us two goals  tonight

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2538 on: January 31, 2019, 12:39:32 am »
needs to stop fannying about at back. could easily of cost us two goals  tonight

It was a direct tactic of Puel's they were targeting him whenever we passed back to him. Sometimes our players do that too much.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2539 on: January 31, 2019, 12:48:58 am »

Particularly on a night like tonight when it is so difficult to weight the pass correctly. The ball was often slowing up in the slush. Any intelligent attacker would know to be right onto any pass back to the keeper in those conditions because chances are the 'keeper could get caught out as the ball slows on the surface. It almost paid off for Leicester tonight, too. In conditions like this, you get rid. No messing about at all. I hate us pissing about with it at the back at the best of times, but tonight was simply inviting trouble.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2540 on: January 31, 2019, 02:50:14 am »

He plays how Klopp tells him to play, though.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2541 on: January 31, 2019, 02:53:46 am »

Klopp tells him to fanny? 
I know what you mean though seriously. His fannying starts our attacks. There will be the odd blooper but its a high risk high reward mindset.

Online ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2542 on: January 31, 2019, 07:20:39 am »

Thats fine but recognise the condition of the pitch and adapt...its not fucking rocket science.

The pitch caused us issue all night, probably would have been ok is it had not be for the last heavy snow, sleet & hail shower 30 mins before kick off.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2543 on: January 31, 2019, 07:30:13 am »
He was excellent overall

Without him we lose that

Great save second half from point blank range and a couple of good sweeper keeper moments

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2544 on: January 31, 2019, 07:40:14 am »
Pitch was poor, but it's no excuse. It's not possible to play exactly the same way in these conditions, and Becker has to adapt. Three turnovers (?) in one game is far too much.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2545 on: January 31, 2019, 08:13:02 am »
Could have done nothing with that goal to be honest, and made a wonderful save as well.
Believer

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2546 on: January 31, 2019, 08:00:35 pm »
Pitch was poor, but it's no excuse. It's not possible to play exactly the same way in these conditions, and Becker has to adapt. Three turnovers (?) in one game is far too much.
Exactly, the first scare should have been enough warning.

Literally the only fault I can find with him though.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2547 on: January 31, 2019, 08:02:50 pm »
That save from Firmino could be worth a lot by the time May comes around.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Fernando_Torres_Was_Good

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2548 on: January 31, 2019, 08:10:14 pm »
In the second half there was a moment when Leicester were pressing very high up the pitch, Vardy was closing in on Alisson, and Hendo was also being closed down. Rather than just boot the ball clear, giving our defence a few seconds to re-organise, Alisson chipped the ball straight to Hendo - who was playing out of position - who immediately lost the ball. That irritated me. Feel like he doesn't possess the game intelligence just yet to properly assess the risks of his passes sometimes, and if he doesn't sharpen up - he will make a few embarrassing mistakes soon.

Not trying to pile on him or anything. I still love him, and think he'll be our keeper for the next 6/7 years, but I do hope he starts to assess risks in a more intelligent way moving forwards.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #2549 on: January 31, 2019, 08:18:55 pm »
It was a direct tactic of Puel's they were targeting him whenever we passed back to him. Sometimes our players do that too much.

Understandable tactic as they got a goal from that last time.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2550 on: January 31, 2019, 08:21:58 pm »
In the second half there was a moment when Leicester were pressing very high up the pitch, Vardy was closing in on Alisson, and Hendo was also being closed down. Rather than just boot the ball clear, giving our defence a few seconds to re-organise, Alisson chipped the ball straight to Hendo - who was playing out of position - who immediately lost the ball. That irritated me. Feel like he doesn't possess the game intelligence just yet to properly assess the risks of his passes sometimes, and if he doesn't sharpen up - he will make a few embarrassing mistakes soon.

Not trying to pile on him or anything. I still love him, and think he'll be our keeper for the next 6/7 years, but I do hope he starts to assess risks in a more intelligent way moving forwards.

Massive overreaction, if you play the ball out at the back there's going to be times when a pass or two goes wrong or there's a stupid decision. He's started fuck knows how many goals for us this season, some in extremely tight spots like the Man Utd game where thankfully he didn't just punt it up field.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2551 on: January 31, 2019, 09:24:52 pm »
Massive overreaction, if you play the ball out at the back there's going to be times when a pass or two goes wrong or there's a stupid decision. He's started fuck knows how many goals for us this season, some in extremely tight spots like the Man Utd game where thankfully he didn't just punt it up field.

It was actually a great chipped ball with his bad leg as well, I loved it to be honest  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2552 on: January 31, 2019, 09:32:47 pm »
Understandable tactic as they got a goal from that last time.

Yes and in a way I'm surprised other teams don't do the same as it is an affective tactic if done properly. It's typical of Puel's approach that he would highlight that and get Leicester to use it directly.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2553 on: January 31, 2019, 11:46:24 pm »
Yes and in a way I'm surprised other teams don't do the same as it is an affective tactic if done properly. It's typical of Puel's approach that he would highlight that and get Leicester to use it directly.

Its also a risk as a couple players move out of position to go close him down he plays a pass and we are off with 2 maybe 3 players out of the game.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2554 on: January 31, 2019, 11:56:59 pm »
Its also a risk as a couple players move out of position to go close him down he plays a pass and we are off with 2 maybe 3 players out of the game.

True, but a coach like Puel has his systems and you could tell his players were drilled to be in certain places at certain times. He's a very tactical coach overall, don't especially enjoy his style of play but it is effective.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2555 on: February 1, 2019, 08:34:20 am »
Boss when he ran out of his area when they were on the counter, won the ball then sprayed a great pass down the right to Salah.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2556 on: February 1, 2019, 09:22:21 am »
We've gone from Mignolet and Karius to possibly the best keeper in the league.
If he misses a few kicks now and then or makes the odd mistake I'm not arsed.
He's won us more points than he's lost us and he's kept us in the CL.
He's boss.

And his arms are long enough..

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2557 on: February 1, 2019, 09:27:49 am »
He's the best keeper we have had in decades..
He's been phenomenal so far this season and one of the main reasons why we are top of the league..
The very best of keepers will make the odd mistake over the course or a season.. And that's all he's made, the odd mistake..

So everyone just needs to chill the fuck out and relax..  :butt

F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #2558 on: February 1, 2019, 10:14:49 am »
We've gone from Mignolet and Karius to possibly the best keeper in the league.
If he misses a few kicks now and then or makes the odd mistake I'm not arsed.
He's won us more points than he's lost us and he's kept us in the CL.
He's boss.

And his arms are long enough..

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #2559 on: February 1, 2019, 10:24:30 am »
How much experience do you think he's had with snow?
You try me once you beg for more.