Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 760141 times)

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #4640 on: January 23, 2022, 02:35:11 pm »
Brilliantly taken. Made it look easy. It really wasn't.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4641 on: January 23, 2022, 02:36:14 pm »
Great goal
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline DerKaiser

• It's German for "TheCheesyRanter". Likes young boys.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4642 on: January 23, 2022, 02:48:37 pm »
He's back?

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #4643 on: January 23, 2022, 02:57:25 pm »
He's back?
Until the next time he gives the ball away…

Great finish and started the move as well. Love a goal from the Ox
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #4644 on: January 24, 2022, 01:39:37 pm »
Two outstanding finishes in a row, please stay fit lad.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4645 on: January 24, 2022, 02:19:08 pm »
I know he prefers to play in midfield, but he's getting into some good goalscoring positions from the wing. 2 in 2 now, presumably he'll move back into midfield once the African lads are back but hopefully he'll find a way to keep this momentum going.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4646 on: January 24, 2022, 02:23:27 pm »
I know he prefers to play in midfield, but he's getting into some good goalscoring positions from the wing. 2 in 2 now, presumably he'll move back into midfield once the African lads are back but hopefully he'll find a way to keep this momentum going.

He's better on the wing. Should stay there.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4647 on: January 24, 2022, 02:38:16 pm »
He's better on the wing. Should stay there.
I think he's at his best in the right sided midfield role, linking with Trent and Salah.  That's also the preferred role of our captain though and Elliott was ahead of Ox before he was injured.

It's good that he can reasonably well fill four of the six midfield or forward roles and he's definitely improved as the wide forward having looked totally lost the first few times he played there for us.

Wherever he plays though he seems to be enjoying his football again which is great to see.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4648 on: February 19, 2022, 04:47:48 pm »
Hard to see how he stays beyond the summer with displays like that. He’s not going to start many games and if that’s how he performs when he gets dropped on for a start, then he’s not going to last much longer here. Genuinely one of the poorest hours I’ve seen for a Liverpool player under Klopp.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ApfelStudel

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4649 on: February 19, 2022, 04:51:32 pm »
He really had a poor game. I really think that he is not at the required level anymore.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4650 on: February 19, 2022, 04:53:49 pm »
He looked like a guy who never played in midfield.
No awareness at all.
He just isnt really good enough with his back to play.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4651 on: February 19, 2022, 04:53:57 pm »
His confidence has gone. He should be our last choice midfielder

Online kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4652 on: February 19, 2022, 04:54:02 pm »
Injuries have ruined what should have been a good transfer. Not sure where he'll go from here, but we already have his replacement in Elliott.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #4653 on: February 19, 2022, 04:56:03 pm »
Curtis Jones, although played on the left of midfield must be thinking, what the fuck.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4654 on: February 19, 2022, 04:56:47 pm »
He looked like a guy who never played in midfield.
No awareness at all.
He just isnt really good enough with his back to play.

Good athlete with good technical abilities but just little or no understanding of the game. I thought he was pretty average yet again. Poor ball security, nothing much going forward and poor defending to allow Norwich a half chance which turned into a goal.

For me he's one of the last midfielders to pick - effectively 8th or 9th choice to play in midfield, and about the same in the front 3 as well.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #4655 on: February 19, 2022, 04:58:40 pm »
Think that's twice he's played bad against probably the worst team in the league. Everything he did was just bad, pretty sad to see, from floated crosses into the keeper to getting caught on the ball to free kicks launched out for goal kicks. Not sure where he goes considering the strong competition in the midfield. Sad
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #4656 on: February 19, 2022, 04:59:01 pm »
Another poor effort from Ox

At least Gomez had the excuse of not having played much.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #4657 on: February 19, 2022, 05:00:36 pm »
Absolutely could not be arsed celebrating a win 10 minutes after it happened by jumping on a player thread to slag him off, no matter how shit he was.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #4658 on: February 19, 2022, 05:01:47 pm »
Let's enjoy the victory rather than attack a member of our team.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4659 on: February 19, 2022, 05:03:26 pm »
Absolutely could not be arsed celebrating a win 10 minutes after it happened by jumping on a player thread to slag him off, no matter how shit he was.

Not even before the game had finished ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4660 on: February 19, 2022, 05:05:00 pm »
His confidence is done at the moment, which explains why sometimes he overplays to compensate. I feel for him injuries have wrecked him, I still trust the manager to work his magic on him though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #4661 on: February 19, 2022, 05:07:27 pm »

As long as you use #YNWA in your tweets it’s all good, right?

Not his best game by any stretch, by that’s why it’s a team sport and not one of individuals. I’m sure he’ll smash it next time he’s called on by Klopp.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4662 on: February 19, 2022, 05:10:08 pm »
I think I'd rather Jones on the bench over him at this point. It's really hard to come in with no game time and just perform though.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4663 on: February 19, 2022, 05:54:18 pm »
Stick a fork in him, he’s done.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4664 on: February 19, 2022, 06:09:10 pm »
Stick a fork in him, he’s done.

Whoa whoa man, cant criticize players after a win didnt ya know! Gotta wait that cooldown period!

Now over my sarcasm, he was horrible today. Killed everything, offered nothing. 2 years left in the summer, sell for 20-25m and go for Bellingham.

Hes not good enough to start, but if he doesnt get rhythm he struggles. Hes 7th choice behind an 18 and 20yr old. Time to move on and go start somewhere regularly.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4665 on: February 19, 2022, 06:16:11 pm »
His confidence is done at the moment, which explains why sometimes he overplays to compensate. I feel for him injuries have wrecked him, I still trust the manager to work his magic on him though.

He will move on in the summer mate, even Klopp isn't that Magic..

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4666 on: February 22, 2022, 11:50:32 am »
I think more than most, Ox benefits from rhythm. He's caught in a vicious circle at the moment whereby he's not playing well enough to get consistent game time, which is impacting his rhythm. He's then not building up the minutes and gaining his form, so he's not getting closer to a run and the fabled rhythm once more.

It was clear as day he was awful at the weekend and Norwich's goal was his fault. Where do we go now? He's been so unlucky and had cracking moments for us, he was even one of our best players for a prolonged spell pre-knee injury. Would he be better at a club where he's viewed as an automatic starter? Or can we find a way to give him the time he needs to find his form? Is he capable of those levels consistently again? More questions than answers with the Ox I'm afraid.

I really like him, I hope he can get back to his best but it's a struggle to see how he achieves that. One of those players who you sometimes think should leave for their own sake.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #4667 on: February 22, 2022, 11:59:23 am »
Oxlade was always more of an 'athlete' than a footballer.

His qualities were his speed, his directness, and his low centre of gravity. Being someone who could ping a 50 yard pass or put his foot on the ball and dictate play was never his game.

Now that his injuries seem to have robbed him of a lot of his athletic qualities, he's having to rely more on his skill using the ball, which isn't at the level of Thiago, Henderson, Keita, Elliott.

So really he's competing with Milner & Jones and frankly for the high wage he's on, it's just not worth it.

I think the summer is time for the Ox to move on.
FAME makes a man take things over

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4668 on: February 22, 2022, 01:56:42 pm »
There's been a lot of focus on the Norwich game but the reality is he's been abysmal for a while now. He doesn't seem to know what to do with the ball until after he's received it, when he makes a decision to shoot he always eventually shoots even if it means blasting the ball into the shins of the nearest defender, he's constantly giving up possession and steaming into the press in really predictable and avoidable ways.

His injuries and lack of rythym surely play a part, but I also think we've just moved beyond what he's capable of. His best games have been hectic, end to end matches where he breaks on teams that are in disarray. These days we're often controlling the ball and probing for gaps, something he lacks the patience and intellect for.

Given the amount of quality we have in the squad right now, and the likelihood that midfield will be our next big focus financially, I really don't see us trying to find a way to get him back to where he was, I don't really know why he's even getting games to be honest.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4669 on: February 22, 2022, 02:15:16 pm »
There's been a lot of focus on the Norwich game but the reality is he's been abysmal for a while now. He doesn't seem to know what to do with the ball until after he's received it, when he makes a decision to shoot he always eventually shoots even if it means blasting the ball into the shins of the nearest defender, he's constantly giving up possession and steaming into the press in really predictable and avoidable ways.

His injuries and lack of rythym surely play a part, but I also think we've just moved beyond what he's capable of. His best games have been hectic, end to end matches where he breaks on teams that are in disarray. These days we're often controlling the ball and probing for gaps, something he lacks the patience and intellect for.

Given the amount of quality we have in the squad right now, and the likelihood that midfield will be our next big focus financially, I really don't see us trying to find a way to get him back to where he was, I don't really know why he's even getting games to be honest.

He hasn’t been abysmal for a while. He’s had some decent games, a couple bad ones, but he’s constantly in and out the side so it’s not easy for any footballer not in their peak conditioning and confidence to suddenly switch it on, nearly every other midfielder who has been in and out the side has also suffered from this.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4670 on: February 22, 2022, 02:58:21 pm »
I dont think he's been abysmal, but he's been left behind pretty quickly and now we've practically got all of our midfielders and attackers fit its pretty stark how far off he actually is now. His best games this season have actually come in the front three I think. But.....yeah he was fucking atrocious at the weekend. I don't think anyone was great up to probably the hour mark but even then he really stood out. And his demeanour didn't look great to be honest, almost like he was well aware that he isn't going to get back to anywhere near his best. And we can't sensibly keep someone around as 7th/8th choice in attack and the same in midfield on the sort of money he's on.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4671 on: February 22, 2022, 03:44:54 pm »
He was really good fit the first half hour, but dropped off just before half time. After the break he had the look of a man who knew he was coming off after the hour.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #4672 on: February 22, 2022, 09:16:39 pm »
I think Ox was mostly fine, but then Thiago came on and the difference is glaring. Almost rude.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4673 on: February 22, 2022, 09:23:01 pm »
I think Ox was mostly fine, but then Thiago came on and the difference is glaring. Almost rude.

They're totally different players, but Ox wasn't fine, he was basically useless. I don't know why he's getting games ahead of Jones unless Jones had a small injury of some kind.

If we can get some money for him in the summer and get him off the payroll I think that'd be ideal. Doesn't even need to be a lot of money. He's brought us some brilliant moments though, I hope he ends up somewhere he'll be loved and able to contribute.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 09:26:15 pm by Knight »

Offline ThoroughlyMediocre

• Main Stander
« Reply #4674 on: February 22, 2022, 09:47:58 pm »

I'd make that argument about Keita. Ox was frankly pretty terrible. He's had some good moments this season, but I'd echo comments that it would be mutually beneficial to find him a new club this summer.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #4675 on: February 22, 2022, 09:48:31 pm »
Scoring the winner on Sunday isn't he?
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #4676 on: February 22, 2022, 10:02:12 pm »
I'd make that argument about Keita. Ox was frankly pretty terrible. He's had some good moments this season, but I'd echo comments that it would be mutually beneficial to find him a new club this summer.
Id agree,  but that's not due to Thiago, which is a very high standard, but due to Elliott and Jones

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #4677 on: February 22, 2022, 10:56:32 pm »
They're totally different players, but Ox wasn't fine, he was basically useless. I don't know why he's getting games ahead of Jones unless Jones had a small injury of some kind.

If we can get some money for him in the summer and get him off the payroll I think that'd be ideal. Doesn't even need to be a lot of money. He's brought us some brilliant moments though, I hope he ends up somewhere he'll be loved and able to contribute.

Things were really going fine for him pre-injury. Then things changed of course and we also changed our way of playing where we no longer attack at all cost and became more measured in the way we play. Ox failed to adapt and find himself a permanent role in this structure.

It was no fault of his just like it was no fault of Shaq either. They gave what they had and let’s acknowledged it is time for both club and player to move on at the end of the season.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4678 on: February 22, 2022, 11:01:05 pm »
The new punchbag player
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4679 on: February 22, 2022, 11:12:01 pm »
Things were really going fine for him pre-injury. Then things changed of course and we also changed our way of playing where we no longer attack at all cost and became more measured in the way we play. Ox failed to adapt and find himself a permanent role in this structure.
good observation.

a few months back - I can't recall the game - Klopp praised Ox (appropriately, he played very well) saying we'd seen the "mature Ox" (or words like that) i.e. not relying purely on explosive physicality but doing more to keep play moving and cover a lot of ground to support his teammates.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 11:21:41 pm by SamLad »