Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 609879 times)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #8200 on: December 11, 2021, 10:57:20 am »
They will make the "play-in's".

Good God, i hate this play-in stuff. They can't come back to the old format soon enough.

I don’t mind the play-ins so much. What I hate are the number of fixtures in the calendar, but they’re no closer to reducing it. The league needs a complete revamp IMO, they shouldn’t be playing more than 50-60 games in a regular season. Most people can’t even be arsed watching the NBA before April/May.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8201 on: December 19, 2021, 04:58:00 am »
Nets and Irving.  :lmao

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8202 on: December 19, 2021, 05:29:06 am »
I don’t mind the play-ins so much. What I hate are the number of fixtures in the calendar, but they’re no closer to reducing it. The league needs a complete revamp IMO, they shouldn’t be playing more than 50-60 games in a regular season. Most people can’t even be arsed watching the NBA before April/May.

Agreed, but it'll never happen in the stats-obsessed US sports - need to stick to 82 to ensure players can be compared across generations.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8203 on: December 19, 2021, 07:47:53 am »
Also off the topic but 162 games a season for an MLB team, forget watching who the fuck even follows them?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8204 on: December 19, 2021, 11:01:20 am »
Also off the topic but 162 games a season for an MLB team, forget watching who the fuck even follows them?

Baseball is a great sport. If you love stats. Unless you’re invested it’s difficult because there are numbers flying at you from all angles. Especially in the last 10 years where it’s moved on a lot in terms of in depth stats.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8205 on: December 19, 2021, 11:06:18 am »
Nah Gerry, possibly the worst team sport ever invented and I actually know the rules.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8206 on: December 19, 2021, 11:18:06 am »
No way, I'm not having that. Not while ice hockey exists ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8207 on: December 19, 2021, 11:24:56 am »
No way, I'm not having that. Not while ice hockey exists ;D
;D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8208 on: January 2, 2022, 08:38:34 am »
Another Derozan game winner and Bulls are now on top of the Eastern conference!

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8209 on: January 2, 2022, 10:41:51 am »
Another Derozan game winner and Bulls are now on top of the Eastern conference!
Back to back buzzer beaters in different years! Bulls have been fun to watch and coming through games even without Ball and Caruso.

DeRozan having an All Star season.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8210 on: January 2, 2022, 11:58:19 am »
Back to back buzzer beaters in different years! Bulls have been fun to watch and coming through games even without Ball and Caruso.

DeRozan having an All Star season.
Vucevic has been coming along too

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8211 on: January 3, 2022, 07:54:29 am »
that Aussie kid Josh Giddey is damn impressive, great find by the OKC.
17 pts 13 rebs 14 assists yesterday.

"OKC's Josh Giddey Becomes Youngest Player to Record a Triple Double (17 PTS, 13 REB, 14 AST) at 19 Years, 84 Days Old"

https://twitter.com/okcthunder/status/1477821486312345602?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1477821486312345602%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D2152512
« Last Edit: January 3, 2022, 07:58:31 am by elsewhere »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8214 on: January 10, 2022, 10:26:08 am »
Good to see Klay back on a basketball court.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8215 on: January 15, 2022, 02:48:18 am »
Massive blow-out between GSW (2nd Western) & Bulls (1st Eastern) 130-89 with 3 mins remaining.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8216 on: January 15, 2022, 06:42:04 am »
Massive blow-out between GSW (2nd Western) & Bulls (1st Eastern) 130-89 with 3 mins remaining.
Kuminga looked promising

Offline Darkness

• Tedious WUM, loves betting on Man U
  • Main Stander
« Reply #8217 on: January 15, 2022, 09:28:57 am »
Chicago aren't at the level of The Bucks, The Heat or The Nets when those three are healthy they are at a level above the Bulls. I'd probably would have the 76ers above the Bulls as well if they had another co star with Embiid but I do like Maxey I think he's developing into a very good player.

When it comes to The west I think Memphis and Dallas will be two dangerous teams come playoff time both have the potential to cause an upset and reach the Western Conference finals.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8218 on: January 15, 2022, 10:54:22 am »
Chicago aren't at the level of The Bucks, The Heat or The Nets when those three are healthy they are at a level above the Bulls. I'd probably would have the 76ers above the Bulls as well if they had another co star with Embiid but I do like Maxey I think he's developing into a very good player.

When it comes to The west I think Memphis and Dallas will be two dangerous teams come playoff time both have the potential to cause an upset and reach the Western Conference finals.
I still think Heat is quite overrated and they should not be mentioned at same page as Bucks and Nets. If anything, I am putting 76ers above Heat.

Rooting for the Bulls to do well in the play-off's though, it's been a while and it makes it sweeter than noone actually saw it coming.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8219 on: January 20, 2022, 06:32:36 am »
another monster game and a triple double by Jokic as they beat the Clippers.

That pass to winning shot was out of this world.

https://twitter.com/actionnetworkhq/status/1484039872247590917?s=21

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8220 on: January 20, 2022, 09:18:49 am »
I mean considering they’ve been without Murray and Porter (since November), they’re actually doing pretty well. Plus they’ve managed to add Forbes who’s a decent shooter off the bench.

Fair play to Clippers though, even without Kawhi and PG they’ve been remained relatively competitive in a tough division.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8221 on: January 20, 2022, 12:13:04 pm »
I mean considering they’ve been without Murray and Porter (since November), they’re actually doing pretty well. Plus they’ve managed to add Forbes who’s a decent shooter off the bench.

Fair play to Clippers though, even without Kawhi and PG they’ve been remained relatively competitive in a tough division.
Right on both points, I think Forbes will be lethal for them. He has the best passer to find him. I suppose he will start until Murray is back. Clippers are relevant without PG and Kawhi, really surprised me. But their season may be over as people mention PG and Kawhi may both be out for the season.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8222 on: January 20, 2022, 12:31:35 pm »
another monster game and a triple double by Jokic as they beat the Clippers.

That pass to winning shot was out of this world.

https://twitter.com/actionnetworkhq/status/1484039872247590917?s=21

Jokic is incredible.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8223 on: January 20, 2022, 12:37:08 pm »
Jokic is incredible.
He really is. Warriors fan here but Jokic is most fun to watch imo. We may never see a passer big like him again.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8224 on: January 20, 2022, 01:12:56 pm »
He really is. Warriors fan here but Jokic is most fun to watch imo. We may never see a passer big like him again.

I don’t think we will, he will go down as Top 15 players of all time if he can get a couple rings, his passing and vision remind me of a footballer, I noticed because I play football all my life when I play basketball my court vision is a bit more evident than other players who had been playing basketball all their life, maybe this has something to do with it I don’t know it’s just a theory.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #8225 on: January 20, 2022, 04:41:41 pm »
Yeah, Jokic is in the top three players in the league at the moment for me, along with Giannis and Durant. He has even improved massively on defence, to the point Denver are a better defensive side with him on the pitch, which is the only thing his detractors had on him (which was way over-dimensioned anyway). He's an amazing rebounder, three-level scorer, a passing and playmaking genius, and now a decent defender. He's also an incredible clutch and not only does he never fade in the playoffs, he's even better.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8226 on: January 20, 2022, 04:49:06 pm »
Yeah, Jokic is in the top three players in the league at the moment for me, along with Giannis and Durant. He has even improved massively on defence, to the point Denver are a better defensive side with him on the pitch, which is the only thing his detractors had on him (which was way over-dimensioned anyway). He's an amazing rebounder, three-level scorer, a passing and playmaking genius, and now a decent defender. He's also an incredible clutch and not only does he never fade in the playoffs, he's even better.

Giannis
Jokic
Durant
Embiid
James

I would say.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8227 on: January 20, 2022, 08:22:22 pm »
I don’t think we will, he will go down as Top 15 players of all time if he can get a couple rings, his passing and vision remind me of a footballer, I noticed because I play football all my life when I play basketball my court vision is a bit more evident than other players who had been playing basketball all their life, maybe this has something to do with it I don’t know it’s just a theory.
Jokic knows to play football and follows, so does Doncic. Nash was/is great at it too. As you said they are all great/very good passers, I'm convinced it helps. Football also helps a lot to footwork as far as I know.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8228 on: January 20, 2022, 08:28:35 pm »
Giannis
Jokic
Durant
Embiid
James

I would say.
Probably a fair list, Curry and Doncic are knocking on that border, probably 6th and 7th in that list. Maybe Ja Morant, Booker and Derozan afterwards. I excluded Kawhi as he's been out for a long long time.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8229 on: January 20, 2022, 09:52:06 pm »
Right on both points, I think Forbes will be lethal for them. He has the best passer to find him. I suppose he will start until Murray is back. Clippers are relevant without PG and Kawhi, really surprised me. But their season may be over as people mention PG and Kawhi may both be out for the season.
I dont think Forbes starts. It Morris, Barton, Jeff Green, Gordon, Jokic. Forbes is going to be depth shooting. Murray will move Morris to the bench when he back. Nuggets also need JaMychal Green as another Wing off the bench when he out of Health and Safety protocols. If Porter Jr comes back this year Nuggets might be the West Fav, Murray/Barton/Porter/Gordon/Jokic was the best Lineup in the NBA before Murray got hurt last year
Ty Lue is a really good coach, Reggie Jackson and Mann are good. Boston was super talented out high school and Covid college season was very weird for him. I'm not surprised they where playoff team wo Kawhi, but without George year but West is weaker and Lue is very good.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8230 on: January 27, 2022, 11:07:36 pm »
Horrific story with Aron Baynes, funnily enough I remember watching the Bronze medal match live last summer and wondered where he was:

The mysterious fall and harrowing story of an NBA center

Heading into the twilight of his career but I hope he makes it back for another season. Always liked him at Boston.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8231 on: February 1, 2022, 01:01:40 am »
More bad news for Aussies, Joe Ingles has done his ACL. Jazz had already gone off a cliff, but they never get past the 2nd round anyway so I'm not particularly arsed.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8232 on: February 3, 2022, 01:23:40 pm »
Think he's been mentioned on here before but Josh Giddey has been seriously impressive for OKC. Funny they were reportedly all over Mobley in the summer but they must be happy with how Giddey has turned out.

Ja Morant is quite good at basketball as well, quietly turning into one of the best players in the league.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8233 on: February 3, 2022, 02:55:27 pm »
Think he's been mentioned on here before but Josh Giddey has been seriously impressive for OKC. Funny they were reportedly all over Mobley in the summer but they must be happy with how Giddey has turned out.

Ja Morant is quite good at basketball as well, quietly turning into one of the best players in the league.
That kid is absolutely amazing, he has been a steal for OKC. Can shoot, pass, dribble, has an eye for steal, can rebound, dunk, he is impressive.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8234 on: February 4, 2022, 12:44:39 pm »
Mad how Ben Simmons still isn’t playing. Imagine having a player on that contract just sat off at home, whilst you’ve got one of the best players in franchise history in his prime. Given how open the East is looking they could have really capitalised with a solid starter alongside Embiid.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8235 on: February 4, 2022, 02:13:51 pm »
Mad how Ben Simmons still isn’t playing. Imagine having a player on that contract just sat off at home, whilst you’ve got one of the best players in franchise history in his prime. Given how open the East is looking they could have really capitalised with a solid starter alongside Embiid.
Just passed the $10 million mark for fines.

He's being advised so badly or he's as stubborn as a Mule.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8236 on: February 4, 2022, 04:41:43 pm »
So for all you NBA afficionados....how good is RJ Barrett? I havent watched basketball since the 90s but we went NYC recently and went to a Knicks game, and they fucking loved this kid. All the chants were for him, pretty much every jersey had his name on. And he was shit hot (well to me anyway), far ahead of anyone else on the court (they played the Spurs). But is he actually amazing or did I chuck the thick end of £100 away on a jersey with the name of the basketball equivalent of Dele Alli on?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8237 on: February 4, 2022, 04:44:20 pm »
So for all you NBA afficionados....how good is RJ Barrett? I havent watched basketball since the 90s but we went NYC recently and went to a Knicks game, and they fucking loved this kid. All the chants were for him, pretty much every jersey had his name on. And he was shit hot (well to me anyway), far ahead of anyone else on the court (they played the Spurs). But is he actually amazing or did I chuck the thick end of £100 away on a jersey with the name of the basketball equivalent of Dele Alli on?

He’s a great kid playing for an overrated team with a shit owner and a mad fan base. Very decent player, probably the best draft pick the Knicks have made the last 10 years.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8238 on: February 4, 2022, 04:49:31 pm »
Just passed the $10 million mark for fines.

He's being advised so badly or he's as stubborn as a Mule.

After being scapegoated for an underwhelming playoff run, thrown under the bus by your coach, and being disowned by your teammates, I don’t really blame him.

I think Philly doesn’t deserve to have high calibre players.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8239 on: February 4, 2022, 09:46:41 pm »

OKC building a nice team. If they can get Chet they really need a big man and possible one wing to be better.