Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 606658 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: NBA Season 2015-16 Discussion
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2015, 03:21:29 am »
Rockets didn't make a field goal in the 4th quarter until the 2 minute mark  ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2015, 03:59:11 am »
As a Warriors fan, i'm actually enjoying the state of Lakers, Clippers, Rockets:) I liked McHale, now that he is gone, i can cheer for them to fail even more.

Memphis quietly winning 7 of last 8 by the way. I still think they need some scoring options as they were humiliated by Warriors in both games (plus last play off series)

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2015, 04:14:21 am »
Philadelphia snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, had to win that game from the position they were in. Turnover after turnover towards the end, I'd absolutely loathe to be a Philly supporter! Raps manage to beat the Cavs, very good win and not one I expected to be honest.

Thought we'd definitely get bounced by LeBron tonight.

Oh Philly. Hope their streak ends before the Warriors'.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2015, 04:46:40 am »
How many wins do we think GSW could actually get? I think 73 to beat the Bulls' record is definitely achievable providing they keep most of their roster fit. I mean the Lakers are terrible but GSW didn't get out of second gear the other day and they won by 34 or something. They went down 20 something against the Clippers but never got flustered and came back to win with something to spare. Their run over the next few games isn't particularly difficult and if they get to around 20-0 they'll really have a great chance of breaking the record.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2015, 04:47:44 am »
How many wins do we think GSW could actually get? I think 73 to beat the Bulls' record is definitely achievable providing they keep most of their roster fit. I mean the Lakers are terrible but GSW didn't get out of second gear the other day and they won by 34 or something. They went down 20 something against the Clippers but never got flustered and came back to win with something to spare. Their run over the next few games isn't particularly difficult and if they get to around 20-0 they'll really have a great chance of breaking the record.

We are getting 82-0 my friend ;)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2015, 04:50:45 am »
We are getting 82-0 my friend ;)

Haha. I'd like to go along with the 'we' as well, but I don't like calling myself a true fan in case of being considered a glory hunter. I'm quite nocturnal and when I first starting watching Basketball a few years ago the Clippers, Lakers and GSW play late so I'd watch their games. The way GSW played really caught my eye and I started following them from that point.

I think they'll get the record, they are just too good. Too many shooters, excellent defensively, can have a game won at the half or win it being 15 down with 6 to play. Just a really excellent basketball team.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2015, 05:45:51 am »
So whoever gets Ben Simmons...

As soon as he gets a jumper, he's going to be very scary.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7_Xl61KBWb8?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7_Xl61KBWb8?fs=1</a>
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2015, 05:50:21 am »
If there is a game to fire Doc, i believe this is the one. Now it seems like even his players have given up on him. Lost at home to Utah.
They will probably have to pay him hefty fee thats why not pulling the trigger.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2015, 05:50:50 am »
So whoever gets Ben Simmons...

As soon as he gets a jumper, he's going to be very scary.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7_Xl61KBWb8?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7_Xl61KBWb8?fs=1</a>

He is probably most Lebron type player since Lebron and that says a lot.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2015, 05:51:07 am »
If there is a game to fire Doc, i believe this is the one. Now it seems like even his players have given up on him. Lost at home to Utah.
They will probably have to pay him hefty fee thats why not pulling the trigger.

Get Thibs.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2015, 05:54:21 am »
Get Thibs.

I hope they get Mike Brown and we get more good laughs;)

Seriously though if they get Thibs, probably half of them will have season ending injuries during practices:)
I don't think this group is hard working,nosey, defense first type. Thibs would probably get rid of all except Blake,CP and Reddick.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 05:56:27 am by elsewhere »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2015, 08:49:47 pm »
Okafor punches a man in Boston after the game.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-level/jahlil-okafor-involved-physical-street-altercation-boston

NBA should ban him, 15-20 games will do. Looks like he is already arrogant before even succeeding anything.

Then again NBA may say playing for the 76'ers is the biggest penalty anyways.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2015, 10:43:06 pm »
Didn't think he had that kind of streak. Maybe it's his dopey face.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2015, 11:36:24 pm »

I think they'll get 70+ wins. Over the past week, a lot of analysts and commentators have been saying they're bound to slow down. I honestly don't see that happening. Obviously they will eventually lose, but last year people claimed they would slow down after their strong start and we all know how that ended. They have the best player in the league, they're young, they have unbelievable depth, and there aren't really any holes in their team.

Don't forget, they're still without Kerr on the sidelines too.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2015, 09:16:05 am »
27 consecutive losses for the 76ers, there's bad and then there's Philly

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2015, 09:25:52 am »
Great win for us against the Bulls. We had basically 2 big men available as Jordan Hill was a very late omission from the rotation due to sore lower back. Somehow we managed to get through. PG overdid it with his 3's but when he drove inside good things happened. It's not only he can score by doing that but also opens up teammates outside.

Had the lead throughout the game and the closer Chicago got to was 6 points IIRC.

Mahinmi has improved on offense and I didn't see that coming at all.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2015, 02:54:02 pm »
27 consecutive losses for the 76ers, there's bad and then there's Philly

;D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2015, 02:54:42 pm »
Anthony Davis has knee contusion after Chris Paul ran into him to get a foul called.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2015, 03:53:25 pm »
Anthony Davis has knee contusion after Chris Paul ran into him to get a foul called.

Shame to see Davis injured again. Paul is a little shit. There's no denying he's talented, but I can't stand his complaining on the court

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2015, 04:34:09 pm »
Didn't think he had that kind of streak. Maybe it's his dopey face.

At least 76'er beat someone :)

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2015, 11:56:37 pm »

Real shame that. Future MVP in my opinion. I just can't understand why he signed a 5 year contract without an opt out in his contract, truly wasted on that squad, and it doesn't look like they'll be going anywhere in the near future.

And Paul truly is a shitehouse. I've always disliked him, overrated, and any comparisons to Isiah Thomas were an utter joke. He's the point running arguably one of the most talented squads over the latter few seasons and he's got nothing to show for it. And if his constant whining to the refs isn't bad enough, by all accounts he sounds like a total dick to play alongside with. The Clippers squad have Paul's identity written all over them, from the constant whining, flopping, to the immense arrogance they display acting as if they're one of the elite teams in the NBA (are they one of the elite teams in the NBA?).

And that whole farce with the De Andre summer transfer confusion sums them up.

On another note, the Heat seem to have done a wonderful job rebuilding themselves after LeBron's departure. Credit to Riley, he can spot talent.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2015, 02:29:06 am »
Not sure how we got the win there, we were playing catch up virtually all game. Anybody wanting to see points shouldn't watch Raps games. We've become a very good defensive team but my god we're hard to watch offensively. So stodgy, no inside scoring and way too many DeRozan isos for my liking. We could only manage 84 points and Lowry hit 6 3s! Corey Joseph has been brilliant though

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2015, 03:23:32 am »
Chris Paul is a fantastic basketball player.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2015, 03:29:47 am »

He is a good player, nothing more than that. He is still eating from pocket, he hasn't done well last 3 seasons.

I think he was fantastic only when he was in New Orleans. Now he even looks fat plus he added flopping and whining to
his repertoire.

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2015, 03:31:55 am »

Yes.

Top-10 PG of all-time. He was even more devastating when he was with New Orleans and before his knee injury. He was never a DRose/Westbrook but was super quick. Combine his game IQ, midrange shooting, ability to get others involved and ability to control the tempo of the game with that pace, he was devastating to guard.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2015, 03:33:53 am »
He is a good player, nothing more than that. He is still eating from pocket, he hasn't done well last 3 seasons.

I think he was fantastic only when he was in New Orleans. Now he even looks fat plus he added flopping and whining to
his repertoire.

Thats nonsense, bro.

CP is still Clipper's best player. He was outstanding against the Spurs last playoffs. One of the best displays by a point guard in a play-off series in the last ten odd years considering who it was against. He gets slated a lot for not getting out of Conference Semi Finals but Clippers are a team are so massively flawed.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 29, 2015, 04:03:50 am »
Thats nonsense, bro.

CP is still Clipper's best player. He was outstanding against the Spurs last playoffs. One of the best displays by a point guard in a play-off series in the last ten odd years considering who it was against. He gets slated a lot for not getting out of Conference Semi Finals but Clippers are a team are so massively flawed.

Nah man, i follow basketball closely. When he was with New Orleans, he was special. He's been what 4 years in Clippers,
almost every single one of their fans would admit that they expected much more from him. He hasn't been clutch, he was great defender before coming to Clippers, not anymore, except when refs call fouls on offensive players when CP3 flops to take charge. I agree with you, only time he looked like his old self was last year against the Spurs but keep in mind, he was against a washed up and injured Parker.

Where was his leadership when his team lost from 3-1 lead to Rockets or lost 4 in a row against Grizzlies after 2-0 lead a year before.
Everyone expected him to take himself to next level when he came to L.A. but it didn't happen. His best assists and steals years are still with
New Orleans.

I am not saying he isn't good or anything, but he hasn't been a Top 5 guard in this league last few years when he was Top 2 after Nash
even in his rookie and 2nd years.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: November 29, 2015, 05:37:31 am »
I have always found this Chris Paul debate extremely interesting. Statistically, you have to say he has been one of the best point guards over the past ten years as he has consistently averaged around 20 points and 10 assists a game.

Personally, it is hard to consider him as one of the best point guards of all time since he has been unable to perform at a high level in the postseason, when it actually matters. This has been a problem with him since his time in college at Wake Forest when they were upset in the second round by West Virginia. In his 10 years in the NBA, he still has not reached the conference finals. Let that sink in for a second. Sure, he played on a mediocre New Orleans team for a few years, but even then he choked away games in the playoffs during his time there. With the Clippers, he has continued to show the same tendencies, despite being surrounded by talented players such as Griffin, DJ, and Crawford. The Rockets series last year was a perfect example of that, as they threw away a 3-1 series lead to a team seriously lacking leadership. Ultimately, is he really the guy you want leading a team to a championship or taking the last shot at the end of a game? I can confidently say no because at no point in his career has he stepped up to the stage and performed at a high level. Based on that, how can he really be considered one of the top point guards of all time?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: November 29, 2015, 05:48:36 am »
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career_p.html

Stats don't always tell a lot. Who can claim Chris Paul more efficient in play-off's than 5 times champion Tim Duncan?
Dolph Schayes 12th, I just heard his name. Kobe, Top 3 to play this game is 22nd? Baron Davis 30th while 4 time champions
Ginobili 54th and Tony Parker is 121st? Best guards in history of this game Stockton 50th? Probably only think that makes sense
on that list is Jordan being 1st.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 05:53:30 am by elsewhere »

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2015, 12:11:36 am »
Kobe to retire after this season.

Just heard on Talkshite of all places.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2015, 12:12:20 am »
Kobe to retire after this season.

Just heard on Talkshite of all places.

Not a moment too early, he's hurting the Lakers now

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2015, 12:16:36 am »
Not a moment too early, he's hurting the Lakers now
Yeah i agree.

Lakers were dumb giving him that stupid contract,should have let him go and used the cap space to retool.

Durant nailed on to be a Laker next season.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2015, 12:18:48 am »
Yeah i agree.

Lakers were dumb giving him that stupid contract,should have let him go and used the cap space to retool.

Durant nailed on to be a Laker next season.

If they wanted to resign him they should have tried to coax him into a similar deal that Nowitzki signed with the Mavs. I don't think Durant joins the Lakers, I think he stays in OKC

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2015, 12:43:52 am »
Yeah, it was time. The achilles injury in 2013 was the killer...he was having another world class season up to that point and hasnt been anywhere near good since.

Genius player...was a joy to watch him on my squad. Hopefully his minutes are cut severely now.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2015, 12:56:29 am »
All time great player. Awful person.

Slowly running out of NBA players from the 90s.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2015, 01:05:09 am »
Legend, and he's a red too is kobe

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2015, 03:32:49 am »
Coincidently, the Lakers are actually a free agent option come summer of 2016 and onwards.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: November 30, 2015, 06:34:48 am »
Dear Basketball,

From the moment
I started rolling my dad’s tube socks
And shooting imaginary
Game-winning shots
In the Great Western Forum
I knew one thing was real:

I fell in love with you.

A love so deep I gave you my all —
From my mind & body
To my spirit & soul.

As a six-year-old boy
Deeply in love with you
I never saw the end of the tunnel.
I only saw myself
Running out of one.

And so I ran.
I ran up and down every court
After every loose ball for you.
You asked for my hustle
I gave you my heart
Because it came with so much more.

I played through the sweat and hurt
Not because challenge called me
But because YOU called me.
I did everything for YOU
Because that’s what you do
When someone makes you feel as
Alive as you’ve made me feel.

You gave a six-year-old boy his Laker dream
And I’ll always love you for it.
But I can’t love you obsessively for much longer.
This season is all I have left to give.
My heart can take the pounding
My mind can handle the grind
But my body knows it’s time to say goodbye.

And that’s OK.
I’m ready to let you go.
I want you to know now
So we both can savor every moment we have left together.
The good and the bad.
We have given each other
All that we have.

And we both know, no matter what I do next
I’ll always be that kid
With the rolled up socks
Garbage can in the corner
:05 seconds on the clock
Ball in my hands.
5 … 4 … 3 … 2 … 1.

Love you always,
Kobe.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/dear-basketball/

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: November 30, 2015, 06:37:43 am »
Legend, and he's a red too is kobe

You sure?

I think he is a Milan fan.