Author Topic: Star Wars Universe lastest news  (Read 371364 times)

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
Re: Star Wars Universe lastest news
« Reply #3520 on: January 13, 2022, 10:11:15 am »
Ep 3
The Gen Z gang and their space-vespas did not fit into Star Wars at all and seemed like leftover ideas from Alita Battle Angel. Ep 3 had some good parts and a real low with that. That was the least intense chase scene I've ever witnessed.
[close]

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #3521 on: January 13, 2022, 04:19:19 pm »
I really want to love this, and I do enjoy bits of it, but so far it's miles off Mando. I wish they'd released it all in one go, then we wouldn't have time to marinate on the frustrations and could enjoy the whole picture they're trying to paint; but leaving it after an episode with so many wanky parts as that one just doesn't sit well.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3522 on: January 13, 2022, 04:48:56 pm »
I really want to love this, and I do enjoy bits of it, but so far it's miles off Mando. I wish they'd released it all in one go, then we wouldn't have time to marinate on the frustrations and could enjoy the whole picture they're trying to paint; but leaving it after an episode with so many wanky parts as that one just doesn't sit well.

speaking of which - are streaming services starting to go this route now/soon - 1 episode a week?

I know netflix hasn't - disney seems to have however.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3523 on: January 13, 2022, 04:50:43 pm »
speaking of which - are streaming services starting to go this route now/soon - 1 episode a week?

Pretty sure Netflix are the only Sub to release everything at once, right? Amazon also keep me waiting each week for The Boys and Invincible.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3524 on: January 13, 2022, 07:41:16 pm »
Soundtrack is fantastic to this series. Sound design in general. Also Danny Trejo!

Vespa gang are a bit shiny and jarring. Still good fun though.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3525 on: January 13, 2022, 09:42:14 pm »
Remember that after 3 episodes of the Mandalorian, he'd only just got back to Apollo Creed World to hand The Child over after mucking about with Jawas and learning to ride those beasts. I'm still okay with the progression, we've essentially now got the opening over and the meat of the show, his war against the Pykes, will begin.

The Pykes aren't new by the way. Another Filoni creation from the animated shows.

I'll happily agree that the 'biker' gang did look ridiculous. I was hoping the Wookiee would take a couple of them out to leave just the one left as a Lt. by the end, but never mind.

On the other hand, it does make sense to bump up the numbers. As him, Fennec and his two Gammoreans stomp around Mos Espa I'm wondering why any serious rival would take them seriously, given that's his whole crew right there. Or why anyone pays him tribute etc. I suppose that's been the undercurrent of the opening, with the mayor etc, but it's hard to take him seriously as a crime lord at the moment.

Also, nailed on that the Wookiee he's freed is going to come back to join up with him. You don't use a costume that awesome for just 2 scenes.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #3526 on: January 14, 2022, 12:13:50 pm »
Episode 3 was terrible in every sense, to the point where you wonder why you're even watching this series. Even though The Mandalorian was Xena Princess Warrior in space in terms of structure, it still had a vast universe and expanded on some of the original lore, and had some interesting characters. This series feels flat, the world seems empty, and the characters uninteresting or one-dimensional (apart from Fett whose story just after the sarlacc with the Tusken is quite good). Other than that it's American daytime TV tripe.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3527 on: January 14, 2022, 11:09:44 pm »

Netflix do it with Better Call Saul.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3528 on: January 14, 2022, 11:28:31 pm »
I had the 'luxury' of not watching most of Mandy till the series was done. Then one or two episodes a day was great. Think I might do same with this.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3529 on: January 15, 2022, 02:23:02 pm »
What on earth were they thinking with the Power Rangers biker gang?  They're supposed to be out of work poor kids, and they're on snazzy speeders, have tech upgrades and wear fashionable clothes.  Awful.  Doesn't fit the Star Wars aesthetic at all.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3530 on: January 15, 2022, 02:33:12 pm »
What on earth were they thinking with the Power Rangers biker gang?  They're supposed to be out of work poor kids, and they're on snazzy speeders, have tech upgrades and wear fashionable clothes.  Awful.  Doesn't fit the Star Wars aesthetic at all.

Gen Z pandering
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3531 on: January 15, 2022, 04:24:01 pm »
Those were fashionable?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3532 on: January 15, 2022, 04:33:28 pm »
Those were fashionable?

Ha I assume so.  Y'know, for the youth.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3533 on: January 15, 2022, 04:38:06 pm »
Gen Z pandering

Nailed it, exactly what we were saying as well.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3534 on: January 15, 2022, 08:30:16 pm »
Some of the special effects in epsoide 3 hurt the eyes that strange chase scene that seemed to be at 10mph with dodgy effects

A big disappointment atfter the 2nd one which I really enjoyed.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 04:06:48 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3535 on: January 16, 2022, 11:06:59 am »
So. Been watching Boba Fett. First one I thought was a bit clunky and pretty average.

The next two were absolutely fantastic.

Spoiler

Those poor Sandpeople :(

[close]

Watch it more, I shall
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3536 on: January 16, 2022, 10:35:05 pm »
Looked it up and apparently he was 41 in ROTJ, and this series (other than the flashbacks) is set 5 years later.

I looked it up too. Apparently he’s 41/42 in the new series. He was 36 in ROTJ. Bio says born 32 BBY and the new series is around 10ABY.

Temura is a good enough actor but the age (and build) is waaaaay off.

After episode 3 though, my annoyance is now centred on the mod gang and their weird super slow chase scene that reminded me of the father ted ‘speed’ episode.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 10:37:06 pm by thejbs »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3537 on: January 17, 2022, 09:58:08 am »
I looked it up too. Apparently he’s 41/42 in the new series. He was 36 in ROTJ. Bio says born 32 BBY and the new series is around 10ABY.

Temura is a good enough actor but the age (and build) is waaaaay off.

After episode 3 though, my annoyance is now centred on the mod gang and their weird super slow chase scene that reminded me of the father ted ‘speed’ episode.

Agree that this was quite poor, but they are (I think!) part of the wider Star Wars Universe.

I play quite a lot of pinball and I think they are featured in one of the Star Wars FX3 tables?

I must say though that I disagree with a lot of the negativity about the series, but I'm a massive Star Wars fan (Have seen the original 200+ times) bought all the games and literally have the t-shirt :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3538 on: January 17, 2022, 09:50:09 pm »
2 crappy episodes. 1 reasonably good one.

The Tuscan bits are the best part. The whole crime boss with a heart schtick is an affront to boba fett.

Offline shy_talk

• Main Stander
  • Shy talkin so misunderstood... really no good
« Reply #3539 on: January 18, 2022, 06:06:50 am »
The disco-space-lambrettas sucked. Compare the visuals with the speeder in new hope. Abominable.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #3540 on: January 18, 2022, 10:53:15 am »
Yeah, that extremely low speed “chase” with the steam punk kids was terrible.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3541 on: January 18, 2022, 11:15:33 am »
I'm waiting for Phil Danails to appear in a cameo.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3542 on: January 18, 2022, 11:33:09 am »
I'm not sure there's value in ageing people by years in a different galaxy . We're assuming he's 'human' and would age with revolutions of an arbitarily weighted planet from single start at a specific distance.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3543 on: January 18, 2022, 12:06:01 pm »
The disco-space-lambrettas sucked. Compare the visuals with the speeder in new hope. Abominable.

The slowest and most-shit chase sequence outside of Last of the Summer Wine*

*Sorry I believe the 80-somethings have a scene in a bathtub running down a hill that was much better.

There is no real point to Bobba Fett at the minute, he may as well sacrifice himself to help Mando in the last episode or something useful.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3544 on: January 18, 2022, 12:55:37 pm »
Netflix do it with Better Call Saul.
I think that’s just because it’s not a Netflix show it’s AMC and that’s how it’s broadcast
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3545 on: January 18, 2022, 01:16:32 pm »
I'm not sure there's value in ageing people by years in a different galaxy . We're assuming he's 'human' and would age with revolutions of an arbitarily weighted planet from single start at a specific distance.

Whilst this is an entirely logical stance to take in pretty much any interstellar scifi setting (and really isn't brought up enough), Star Wars has pretty consistently used years in-universe in a way that correlates with those on Earth, presumably by standardising the galaxy to a Coruscanti calendar.

It's entirely fair to use either of the Sarlacc or clone-body explanations to explain it, but I'd rather they just didn't use Morrison and found someone of a more appropriate age and build. I know he was Jango Fett back in the day, but apart from that he's hardly at the level of bringing back Fisher, Hamill etc in their respective roles. If anything, it's a reminder of the prequels I'd rather not have.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3546 on: January 18, 2022, 05:23:52 pm »
As a survivor of the chains in game of thrones debate on here I don't want to get too bogged down into the space lambretta's but the daftest thing about them was they were so fucking clean. The entire planet of tatooine has been covered in dust for like 6 films or whatever it is now, and every bar/car/ship or whatever that visits looks like it's been to a dry, dusty planet. That's the point.

And these kids that were introduced to us by the fact they couldn't afford water have managed to keep their hipster bikes more spotless than anything ever seen on the planet before over the last 40 odd years.

It's like that meme - 0.1 litres of water drunk, 500 litres of water spent on cleaning my bike - someone who is good at water distribution help me I am dying of dehydration here.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3547 on: January 20, 2022, 07:29:04 am »
After 3 very slow eps, we got quite a lot last night!

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3548 on: January 20, 2022, 08:06:59 am »
Not watching for a few weeks so I can binge
The bike chase was very poor. I think it's probably just very expensive to do that and the budget wasn't there.  I've just read an interview with someone from ILM talking about their work on the last bond movie. It's incredible how much work goes into it.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3549 on: January 20, 2022, 08:10:27 am »
Not watching for a few weeks so I can binge
The bike chase was very poor. I think it's probably just very expensive to do that and the budget wasn't there.  I've just read an interview with someone from ILM talking about their work on the last bond movie. It's incredible how much work goes into it.
All the money went into several scenes in ep 4

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3550 on: January 20, 2022, 08:27:09 am »
so far the even numbered episodes have been decent.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3551 on: January 20, 2022, 08:28:34 am »
so far the even numbered episodes have been decent.

Finally taking inspiration from the Trek movies.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3552 on: January 20, 2022, 08:40:39 am »
Is the new series available anywhere in the UK. Think it's called discovery. With the ship that jumps through some network. Went all alternative universe for half a series.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3553 on: January 20, 2022, 08:41:09 am »
The wrath of God was awesome 😂

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #3554 on: January 20, 2022, 09:58:00 am »
I thought that was the worst episode yet.

Spoiler
Over 30 minutes of flashback stuff when we're past the mid-way point of the season was unnecessary. Most of it just didn't work for me at all.

Guy is saying he's sick of seeing people like him die due to working for idiots about two minutes after driving his ship into the sarlacc pit to look for his fucking costume. Ok then mate. And then we have a Benny Hill sequence of this supposed feared and respected badass chasing a droid around a kitchen. Awful.
[close]

At this point I'm beginning to wonder if The Mandolorian being so fucking good was a fluke because I can't believe it's the same writing team.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 10:44:14 am by Red Viper or RedViper87 please? Thanks x »

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3555 on: January 20, 2022, 10:34:59 am »
At the start of the ep in that tattoo parlour I have to say they'd totally lost me.

But, just when I thought I was out, that little tickle of music at the end brought me right back in.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3556 on: January 20, 2022, 10:37:13 am »
I can really do without the whole techno punk stuff, just ruins the atmosphere.  And is Boba an idiot?  He literally crawled out of the pit with his armour on, why would it be back in there?  Then his plan to get it is to hover his ship over the face of a monster?

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3557 on: January 20, 2022, 10:45:54 am »
I thought that was the worst episode yet.

Spoiler
Over 30 minutes of flashback stuff when we're past the mid-way point of the season was unnecessary. Most of it just didn't work for me at all.

Guy is saying he's sick of seeing people like him die due to working for idiots about two minutes after driving his ship into the sarlacc pit to look for his fucking costume. Ok then mate. And then we have a Benny Hill sequence of this supposed feared and respect badass chasing a droid around a kitchen. Awful.
[close]

At this point I'm beginning to wonder if The Mandolorian being so fucking good was a fluke because I can't believe it's the same writing team.

Yeah. I think the Mandalorian was really cool precisely because he had a 'Bobba Fett' vibe, without actually being that bounty hunter. They then came up with this story that was compelling from Episode one.

Seems no point to the Book of BF, other than call-backs to minor characters and things that appeared in Return of the Jedi. Hopefully their best creative juices are in the new series of Mando...

...and Obi Wan.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3558 on: January 20, 2022, 10:50:12 am »
Is the new series available anywhere in the UK. Think it's called discovery. With the ship that jumps through some network. Went all alternative universe for half a series.

Literally no idea, I fell asleep halfway through the second or third episode and never went back, it was an awful premise. Until Lower Decks, there hadn't been worthy Trek content since Voyager (and that was 50/50 itself).

Offline shy_talk

• Main Stander
  • Shy talkin so misunderstood... really no good
« Reply #3559 on: January 20, 2022, 11:06:29 pm »
Mando and Boba are going to face off then team up against a common enemy aren't they. Brothers in arms and all wrapped up in time for supper. This is on you Favreau!