Author Topic: Justified (New FX Show)  (Read 14589 times)

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
Re: Justified (New FX Show)
« Reply #40 on: February 9, 2012, 08:00:43 pm »
Episode 4 was full of delicious.
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41 on: February 9, 2012, 08:18:23 pm »
Oh yes indeed. 8)
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: February 9, 2012, 10:27:39 pm »
I'm already enjoying this season a lot more than the others, it seems like there is more of a plot to it.
“Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2012, 01:35:54 pm »
The cretins at FIVE haven't picked up Season 3 yet despite great reviews.  Looks like I'll be getting on BluRay before they get round to showing it.   :butt
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:38:24 pm by thekitkatshuffler »
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2012, 08:06:38 am »
This show just keeps getting better and better. Incredible episode. Again.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2012, 02:03:11 pm »
The cretins at FIVE haven't picked up Season 3 yet despite great reviews.  Looks like I'll be getting on BluRay before they get round to showing it.   :butt
Starts tonight, on 5USA, I believe  :wave
AHA!

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2012, 02:30:11 pm »
Neal McDonough (the scary albino-looking fella) has been an excellent bad guy in series 3, quite possibly the best multi-episode villian since Walton Goggins started as the original antagonist.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2012, 11:54:44 pm »
Neal McDonough (the scary albino-looking fella) has been an excellent bad guy in series 3, quite possibly the best multi-episode villian since Walton Goggins started as the original antagonist.

Both Boyd and Quarles are fantastic, but it's hard to beat Mags from Season 2.

Easily my favourite drama at the moment, every episode is just packed full of fantastic moments.

Things are set up perfectly for the final two episodes - Quarles at the mercy of Boyd and possibly Wynn Duffy, Dickie preparing to make a move on Limehouse's holler, Theo Tonin sending more men to sort things out. And then Raylan, right in the middle of it all.

No idea how the season will end, though I'd assume Quarles is a one season only villain. Think Limehouse will return next year, but I reckon Dickie might be about to limp his last.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2012, 02:01:43 am »
McDonough is really great in everything. I hope this gives him the same rub Sons has given Ron Perlman. Right back to Band of Brothers, he's been a star.

I hope somehow Quarles survives, just because it looks like he's fucked. Limehouse really should never leave, always sorta lurking doing his thing in the background but never actually taking a run at Raylan or Boyd.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #49 on: April 3, 2012, 03:11:11 pm »
This is back on. Happened to catch the first episode of the new series on a catch up on saturday night. It is on Wednesday night on FX in C5 USA.

Bit of a slow start, but it was putting things into place to kick on during the next few episodes. Raylon and Boyd have a great relationship - love the interactions when they are in a scene together.
Boocoo dinky dau

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 4, 2012, 12:01:46 pm »
Oh boy, looks like Season 3 is going to finish in impressive style. Spoilers for the penultimate episode...

Spoiler
Poor Trooper Tom. It's a mark of the show that they make you care for the more minor characters. Now it's even more personal for Raylan.

Nice to see Loretta back, and she's about the only one deserving of the money. She was fantastic in season 2.

How stupid was Boyd's plan to keep Quarles subdued? One handcuff round his ankle, free to do drugs with a couple of hookers. Works for the plot but doesn't paint Boyd in a very good light.

Episode was very light on Raylan, but he still got some great moments - particularly appearing in Loretta's house when Dickie breaks in. Speaking of Dickie, glad to see him survive. He'll be going back to prison, but at least he could come back one day.

I thought Quarles would be stopped in the end by Wynn, but it doesn't look like that will happen. A season finale showdown between Raylan, Quarles and Boyd should be epic. Oh, and throw an off-his-meds Arlo into the mix and we have the makings of a brilliant season ender.

Quarles will surely die after his secret gun fails on him, right? Arlo could be a goner too. Boyd will live to fight another day.
[close]

Offline Mikeebee

• Legacy Fan
  • You've won a Blankety Blank Cheque Book & Pen
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2012, 04:24:13 pm »
Perhaps the best line of the season, will spoiler it, just in case people haven't seen episode 13.

Spoiler
Quarles laughing as money falls out of a pig at Limehouse's place: Haha It's a piggy bank
[close]
JFT 96 YNWA
@mikeebee7

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2012, 10:08:23 pm »
having a hard time finding a link in my usual places for last night's.
“Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

Offline Mikeebee

• Legacy Fan
  • You've won a Blankety Blank Cheque Book & Pen
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2012, 11:47:18 pm »
having a hard time finding a link in my usual places for last night's.
try this one http://rapidshare.com/files/1629478501/JSTFD_0313_HDTV.rar
JFT 96 YNWA
@mikeebee7

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2012, 03:11:25 am »
What a fantastic season finale! The writing in Justified is second to none and the acting is always on point. Too bad we have to wait a year for Season 4.

Spoiler
He just saw a man in a hat, pointing a gun at Boyd...
[close]
Absolutely brilliant.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:01:08 pm by Alphaville »
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2012, 03:56:21 am »
Interestimg I was actually disappointed with the finale. There are things that still need to be worked out .... Like that 'mysterious' call to lime house etc
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2012, 07:08:55 pm »
try this one http://rapidshare.com/files/1629478501/JSTFD_0313_HDTV.rar
cheers, but its gone already. can't even wait 24 hrs for these things anymore.

found another one though.

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2012, 08:11:58 pm »
Interestimg I was actually disappointed with the finale. There are things that still need to be worked out .... Like that 'mysterious' call to lime house etc
Doesn't Justified pretty much always do this?  Their season finales resolve some plot-lines but always leave room for the development of others.  I don't mind that, and it's a credit to the writing staff and actors that I always find myself immersed in the story despite the nine months that separate a season's end and the beginning of the next one.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2012, 08:23:21 pm »
Man, how good was the scene between Raylan and Wynn Duffy in the finale? JESUS CHRIST!

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #59 on: January 9, 2013, 01:17:27 pm »
Justified season 4 started in the US last night.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2013, 07:14:25 pm »
Justified season 4 started in the US last night.
Noice, just noticed this is back on.

Online wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2013, 08:17:24 pm »
Season 5 has started six episodes in. Don't know why this show isn't more popular.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2013, 08:21:12 pm »
Season 5 has started six episodes in. Don't know why this show isn't more popular.
Because people are stupid. :D I don't know what channel it's on in the UK,but I think if it was an HBO,FX or Showcase drama people would probably be more inclined to watch it.As I said in another thread this is one of the best drama's around at the moment.

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2013, 12:56:06 am »
Because people are stupid. :D I don't know what channel it's on in the UK,but I think if it was an HBO,FX or Showcase drama people would probably be more inclined to watch it.As I said in another thread this is one of the best drama's around at the moment.

It really is dave, it's up there with the Boardwalk's and Treme's for me, superbly written, exceptionally acted and with a wonderfully dry sense of humour....and Boyd Crowther is the best supporting character in any programme on tv at the moment.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2013, 01:17:13 am »
It really is dave, it's up there with the Boardwalk's and Treme's for me, superbly written, exceptionally acted and with a wonderfully dry sense of humour....and Boyd Crowther is the best supporting character in any programme on tv at the moment.
I'm just starting this week's.I love it and the running joke they had  in a couple of episode's about a marshall boner was brilliant.

Boyd is the coolest support in any series and as everyone know's Ava's a honey.It's going from strenghth to strength,it's the only show I have to see every week all the other's I watch I can wait on them and catch up.I'm off to Harlan now. :)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2013, 02:05:52 am »
This week's episode is the best this season,it's funny,sad, cold as fuck and surprisingly romantic.

There's nothing as close to this on the tv right now.

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2013, 04:15:14 am »
I think the  wheresnemeth means to say season 4. Glad I am not the only one who is massive fan of this show. Agree with Boyd and Ava and for me Timothy Olyphant is brilliant as Raylan Givens.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 04:20:45 am by RedSuarez »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Online Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2013, 08:17:22 am »

Is season 4 currently being shown in the UK? I've gone through all the listings and can't see it.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2013, 08:35:54 am »
Best show on tv imo. I really loved Walton Goggins in The Shield and Timothy Olyphant in Deadwood and they are both at the top of their game in this. The writing and the humour are superb
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2013, 11:59:15 am »
I won't disagree about Boyd's character and Raylan's and absolutely loved the first two seasons (especially the second). But imo, there has been a significant drop in quality in season 3 and 4.
Season 3 (as it has been completed) kinda pissed me off because at one point things started happening at a very fast pace and just for the sake of it. At the end, couldn't care for anybody. Maybe it seemed to me cause Season 2 was too good but I certainly felt that way when I saw the 3rd one.
There is still the supposedly shocking scene now and then (like the Sopranos first introduced at the time iirc) but doesn't work that well anymore.
Season's 4 story so far has been more weak so far than the 3rd's but I will wait until it's completed of course.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2013, 01:34:11 am »
I won't disagree about Boyd's character and Raylan's and absolutely loved the first two seasons (especially the second). But imo, there has been a significant drop in quality in season 3 and 4.
Season 3 (as it has been completed) kinda pissed me off because at one point things started happening at a very fast pace and just for the sake of it. At the end, couldn't care for anybody. Maybe it seemed to me cause Season 2 was too good but I certainly felt that way when I saw the 3rd one.
There is still the supposedly shocking scene now and then (like the Sopranos first introduced at the time iirc) but doesn't work that well anymore.
Season's 4 story so far has been more weak so far than the 3rd's but I will wait until it's completed of course.

I actually feel the complete opposite, i think this show has gone from strength to strength and got better with each season.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2013, 11:28:59 am »
Season 2 was so good with Mags as the villain. She got a golden globe btw for her performance. Both the story and the acting was top notch and I think it will be very difficult for any other season to top it.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2013, 07:29:37 pm »
Anyone keeping up with Season 4? Has been great.

Drew Thompson spec:

Spoiler
Sheriff Shelby is quite obviously Drew, right?
[close]

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2013, 09:33:30 pm »
Caught up with all the seasons over the last couple of weeks, absolutely love it. Boyd definitely my favourite character with Raylan a close second, really like Gutterson aswell, good to see that it looks like he will be getting his own sub-plot over the next few episodes.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2013, 12:40:58 am »
Season 5 starts in just a few weeks...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3we6iP0i_mw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3we6iP0i_mw</a>

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2013, 12:51:32 am »
justified + community = january viewing sorted.

can't wait.  shaky first season, but the show just keeps getting better.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2013, 01:00:21 am »
I've never seen an episode of justified, which is odd as I thought Olyphant was great in Deadwood and Elmore Leonard is one of my favourite authors.

Offline rafa4eva

• Kopite
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2013, 11:55:56 am »
Came across this on Netflix, slowly fell in love with the show, smashed 3 seasons and then watched the last s3 episode on FX and just found this thread !

I realised I liked raylan, when the thought of wearing a Stetson, big ass belt buckle, cowboy boots and f it some spurs, with a jacket and jeans combo which I already am comfortable with ;) suddenly became an outfit I thought genuinelly would be a cool ... However I also appreciate my biological constraints which means I am not 6ft, lean and muscular or have chiselled features which luckily had stopped me dressing like that in public and no doubt getting beaten into a coma.

I think things drifted in s3 for a while, or maybe that was the result of watching too many episodes too quickly, I don't know

I started thinking this was traditional good guy vs bad guys story, but this quickly became very grey including raylan who I thought would be the black and white good guy and he is, but he isn't. Raylan has a troubled family back story, which I think intrigued me at first and I probably wanted to see some full on retribution and redress, I'm a simple man, who likes simple things but this didn't turn out to be simple by any stretch, challenging at times to watch but so worth it IMO.

His smile, which ain't always a good thing, good manners which won't stop him "drawing" if needs must and as someone else said, when raylan knows/realises that arlo shot someone wearing a hat who was pointing a gun at Boyd, well that was just heartbreaking. I think :)

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2013, 12:44:44 am »
I realised I liked raylan, when the thought of wearing a Stetson, big ass belt buckle, cowboy boots and f it some spurs, with a jacket and jeans combo which I already am comfortable with

double denim though?  fashion disaster, raylan.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline rafa4eva

• Kopite
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2013, 02:29:43 pm »
Man love can be blind but you got me on the double denim :)