Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1046983 times)

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition
« Reply #8920 on: December 30, 2021, 11:31:29 pm »
Being able to mute the commentary on Amazon is bliss. Even mccoist can’t compete with that.

Online Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8921 on: January 2, 2022, 05:08:34 pm »
Neville just now - "If you swapped the front three of Liverpool and Chelsea, Chelsea would probably be 2-0 up". Stunning.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #8922 on: January 2, 2022, 05:21:33 pm »
Tyler and Neville not hiding their feelings today.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8923 on: January 2, 2022, 05:23:39 pm »
Tyler and Neville not hiding their feelings today.

Its been incredible to listen to.

Apparently Chelsea have players out injured who knew ??? We do now the amount of times mentioned !

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8924 on: January 2, 2022, 06:27:20 pm »

“All lives matter”
Martin Tyler off you there…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8925 on: January 2, 2022, 06:27:25 pm »
Hearing "it wasn't as bad as Mane's" or whatever the exact comment was as one of ours is smashed in the face with an elbow was pretty vile. Was begging for Fabinho to be booked too then the replay showed a pathetic Pulisic dive.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8926 on: January 2, 2022, 06:41:38 pm »
Tyler is well past his sell-by date, needs fucking off asap

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #8927 on: January 2, 2022, 06:46:10 pm »
Tyler is well past his sell-by date, needs fucking off asap
Tyler: advantage played but I’m not sure how
Much of advantage it is as liverpool can regroup.

Literally no one gives us that comment the other way, least of all Tyler a few minutes prior.
Believer

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8928 on: January 2, 2022, 06:58:20 pm »
Some of the groans from Neville today were fucking shocking. There's a big enough pool out there to have impartial commentators. Why we have to listen to him on Liverpool games is beyond me.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8929 on: January 2, 2022, 07:01:39 pm »
That was utterly grim today- both of them so biased its untrue

I actually wasn't sure Salah had scored given their miserable reaction and then the sex noises when Chelsea scored was just disgusting

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #8930 on: January 2, 2022, 07:16:15 pm »
Jim Beglin reckons Sadio's elbow in the first minute was as a result of frustration from missing a header or something in the Leicester game. Watched the balance with sound off.
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8931 on: January 2, 2022, 09:59:27 pm »
Kloppo was at home  today. He got first hand taste at what the Sky dickheads think of us.  :D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8932 on: January 2, 2022, 10:03:41 pm »
Kloppo was at home  today. He got first hand taste at what the Sky dickheads think of us.  :D

Would love him to make some kind of sarcastic comment about it at some point ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8933 on: January 2, 2022, 11:26:41 pm »
Muppet Of The Match - Jim Beglin

Pulisic tackle on Jota (16m) - 'It's a momentum tackle.. I'm not accusing Jota in this case but players do exaggerate, they do play on it... It's an occupational hazard that tackle (for the tackler)'

Havertz elbow on Konate (76m) - 'Standard elevation as you compete for the ball'

Fabinho tackle on Pulisic (79m) 'Now days you don't need to make contact, if you cause imbalance to your opponent... Pulisic trying to avoid the tackle'
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8934 on: January 3, 2022, 12:34:48 am »
Martin Tyler is that stooge who kissed arse to get to the top.

how this monotone bore becamse a flagship commentator is beyond me.  he is actually one of the main reasons i could never bought a Fifa game in 20 years. he is incapable of broadcasting the match. god help you if you are watching a lower league match and he is commentating. if you arent familiar with the players, you will never find out who they are.

in my opinion the main criteria for a great commentator are:

- to be  reasonably knowledgeable about the game: he hasnt a clue.
-inform the viewers who has the ball: he is incapable of doing this.
-be exciting and have a good strong voice: you would wonder at times if he actually likes the sport and his monotone drones would put you to sleep.
-Be neutral: incapable of this also but being the lick arse he is, he most likely is just towing the line in this regard.

Tyler ticks none of these boxes. there are commentators at smaller stations that are far better than this fraud.

dont get me started on that moron neville. i cant for the life of me understand how an ex united player who was vocal in his hatred of Liverpool is put on commentary duty for all our games. he is as bad a co-commentator as he was a manager.  its like a child is co commentator.

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #8935 on: January 3, 2022, 07:32:51 am »
Muppet Of The Match - Jim Beglin

Pulisic tackle on Jota (16m) - 'It's a momentum tackle.. I'm not accusing Jota in this case but players do exaggerate, they do play on it... It's an occupational hazard that tackle (for the tackler)'

Havertz elbow on Konate (76m) - 'Standard elevation as you compete for the ball'

Fabinho tackle on Pulisic (79m) 'Now days you don't need to make contact, if you cause imbalance to your opponent... Pulisic trying to avoid the tackle'

I don't know how you got to the 79th minute of Beglin. He's unbearably biased. What did we do to him to earn this?
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8936 on: January 4, 2022, 11:23:40 pm »
I give you Captain Bellend himself Tim Sherwood.   ;D

“Ralf Rangnick’s been managing in Germany for years and never come close to winning the Scudetto”

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8937 on: January 4, 2022, 11:25:58 pm »

I mean, he’s not wrong.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8938 on: January 5, 2022, 08:11:01 am »

hahahahha what a tube. He thinks he's a genius too and made Harry Kane.  I'll use the word loosley but his knowledge of the European game is dreadful. He gave off when Spurs signed Regullion too because no one ever seen him play. Wally.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8939 on: January 9, 2022, 09:06:10 pm »
Driving today heard a bit of the football today, unfortunately Trevor Sinclair was on. He's absolutely useless. Some of the rubbish he talks dear Jesus. On about a player can't mind who, scores his goals mostly in the 6 yard box because "thats where real athletes score goals from".  Also going on about how half of our young lads have to go on loan to play, to become men, to play against men and learn the ugly side of the game. Course, the likes of Foden were right to stay at Manchester City to learn from the best

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8940 on: January 9, 2022, 10:15:40 pm »
Driving today heard a bit of the football today, unfortunately Trevor Sinclair was on. He's absolutely useless. Some of the rubbish he talks dear Jesus. On about a player can't mind who, scores his goals mostly in the 6 yard box because "thats where real athletes score goals from".  Also going on about how half of our young lads have to go on loan to play, to become men, to play against men and learn the ugly side of the game. Course, the likes of Foden were right to stay at Manchester City to learn from the best

Ignore him he probably had a bottle of Peroni in his hand whilst pissing his pants !

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8941 on: January 17, 2022, 07:10:16 pm »
How the fuck has Jenas managed to get himself on the FIFA award ceremony? c*nt is everywhere
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8942 on: January 22, 2022, 12:41:48 pm »
Alan Smith in cup semi final. Dull.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8943 on: January 24, 2022, 09:05:13 am »
Gary Neville needs to stop with that "ooooooohhhhhhhhh" and "aaaaggggggghhhhhhh" noises when he's on comms, its awful creepy now at this stage

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8944 on: January 24, 2022, 12:26:17 pm »
Gary Neville needs to stop with that "ooooooohhhhhhhhh" and "aaaaggggggghhhhhhh" noises when he's on comms, its awful creepy now at this stage

Agree but sadly its less worse than listening to Carragher now unfortunately.

Offline SK8 Red

• A spanking! A spanking!
  • Main Stander
  • Supporting since 1983 at a guess
« Reply #8945 on: January 24, 2022, 01:16:03 pm »
Agree but sadly its less worse than listening to Carragher now unfortunately.
Yes - had to mute him yesterday which is quite sad really

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8946 on: January 26, 2022, 10:01:57 am »
Did anyone listen to BBC 5 Live last night. Kelly Cates was doing a piece on the upcoming World Cup in Qatar and had a man on who blew the whistle on migrant workers and what they were subjected to, then he went missing for 2 weeks. I only caught some of it but it sounded really good.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8947 on: January 26, 2022, 09:47:55 pm »
Did anyone listen to BBC 5 Live last night. Kelly Cates was doing a piece on the upcoming World Cup in Qatar and had a man on who blew the whistle on migrant workers and what they were subjected to, then he went missing for 2 weeks. I only caught some of it but it sounded really good.

I've been listening to it today (haven't finished it) and yeah, it's very interesting and informative, the kind of thing I wish they did more of. It's good in that it features various interviews with Qatari officials, migrant workers and human rights advocates so you get to hear what their perspectives are.

It's here if anyone wants to listen to it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0013v0g

The Guardian piece that's frequently referenced on the show is here:

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/feb/23/revealed-migrant-worker-deaths-qatar-fifa-world-cup-2022
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8948 on: January 27, 2022, 10:38:40 am »
Thanks Hazell I'll get a good listen to that later. I agree, they should do more of this kind of stuff and highlight it more. I heard the bit where the guy said when he spoke out, instead of him being contacted to deal with these things he was taken. He seemed to speak really really well, looking forward to listening to it in full

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8949 on: January 29, 2022, 04:56:55 pm »
Nedum Onouha is excellent. Very well spoken and no agenda (despite being an ex City player).

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #8950 on: January 30, 2022, 09:46:38 pm »
Great to see JJ getting some much-needed exposure as the BBC's AFCONs lead presenter...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8951 on: January 30, 2022, 10:02:18 pm »
Great to see JJ getting some much-needed exposure as the BBC's AFCONs lead presenter...

Guarantee the BBC somehow shoehorn him into presenting some of the Winter Olympics when it starts this week. And Alex Scott.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8952 on: January 31, 2022, 11:32:11 am »

Couldn't believe it when I turned the TV on and it was him yet a-fucking-gain. Reckon his wife must be encouraging him to take every job going to keep him from boring her to death at home.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8953 on: January 31, 2022, 09:52:51 pm »
5 Live had 2 guests on tonight who I thought were absolutely brilliant for different reasons and makes me wonder if the 2 are just not interested in doing more media work, because they're miles and miles ahead of others

Martin O'Neill - maybe its because we're from the same region but I find his humour class. No cliches, no buttering up ex players he just says what he thinks. Wound Micah Richards up about being on every TV and radio show he listens to, slagged Chris Sutton for being an acquired taste and admitted he had absolutely no idea why he was on the show. I know for a fact he's one of the nicest people around too. My brothers football club ran a fundraiser few years back and heard he was home, they asked him to do a talk. He agreed and didn't want a fee. They insisted he take some thing. His answer "ok, give me 20 quid"

Liam Rosenior - said it before and I know quite a few on here have, but he is so so good. The way he takes about football and puts his point across. By all accounts a great coach. Would love to see him make a big impact in the game.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #8954 on: January 31, 2022, 09:56:25 pm »
O’Neill was always among the better pundits on BBC for the summer tournaments, was quite a while back since he was at one it feels.
AHA!

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8955 on: January 31, 2022, 10:01:57 pm »
Yeah its the first time I've heard him in ages alright. He was great though talking about Celtic and his time there

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #8956 on: January 31, 2022, 10:39:38 pm »
For the life of me I will never understand the fixation TV has with Jenas. Like what is the appeal with him he's an incredibly dull man.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #8957 on: January 31, 2022, 10:48:18 pm »
5 Live had 2 guests on tonight who I thought were absolutely brilliant for different reasons and makes me wonder if the 2 are just not interested in doing more media work, because they're miles and miles ahead of others

Martin O'Neill - maybe its because we're from the same region but I find his humour class. No cliches, no buttering up ex players he just says what he thinks. Wound Micah Richards up about being on every TV and radio show he listens to, slagged Chris Sutton for being an acquired taste and admitted he had absolutely no idea why he was on the show. I know for a fact he's one of the nicest people around too. My brothers football club ran a fundraiser few years back and heard he was home, they asked him to do a talk. He agreed and didn't want a fee. They insisted he take some thing. His answer "ok, give me 20 quid"

Liam Rosenior - said it before and I know quite a few on here have, but he is so so good. The way he takes about football and puts his point across. By all accounts a great coach. Would love to see him make a big impact in the game.

totally agree.....i was wincing my way through Richards' hysterical guffawing at nothing whatsoever - and his tedious as fuck bantz with Sutton, and was about to turn off...but glad I didn't..O'Neill was great...loved him taking the piss out of Richards' media omnipresence .."I tuned into an intergalactic station from Saturn, and you were even on that"  ;D ....Rosenior is - as you say - always very impressive (ditto his arle fella) ..both guests showed the regulars up for the slow-witted, salary-thieving planks that they are
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8958 on: February 3, 2022, 10:22:27 am »
Thought McCoist was excellent yet again last night on the Celtic v Rangers match. Completely fair and honest when it must have been killing him. Always enjoy listening to how he analyses strikers too and gives an idea of what they did or were trying to do. None of this "the strikers gambled" or "he's of scored that last season" line that the rest come out with time and time again

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #8959 on: February 3, 2022, 03:33:38 pm »
Thought McCoist was excellent yet again last night on the Celtic v Rangers match. Completely fair and honest when it must have been killing him. Always enjoy listening to how he analyses strikers too and gives an idea of what they did or were trying to do. None of this "the strikers gambled" or "he's of scored that last season" line that the rest come out with time and time again

I thought the same, mate. In the game he was saying Rangers were appalling at times - though that also Celtic played superbly first half and blew them away too. You could tell it was hurting him - but the man was a pro. A large number of commentators could learn from him.

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576