Author Topic: UFC/MMA thread  (Read 1892770 times)

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
Re: UFC/MMA thread
« Reply #29920 on: December 11, 2021, 08:21:37 pm »
Looks a Decent card tonight

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #29921 on: December 11, 2021, 09:39:52 pm »
Bit mad saying this as I posted on the very first page if this thread in 2007 when our Theos wasn't even born but our little Khabib had his first MMA fight at the weekend!

Straight into the fire as his opponent, Finley was 4-0 despite what the announcer got wrong and was ranked #1 http://englishmma.org/youth-team-rankings

Give it a watch, it's boss, skip to 2 mins in

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWOdsUpJnZC

Sheesh!
I remember you mentioned your son training a while make, and I think just started being competitive or considering it.
Amazing how time flies!
You must be really proud of your son, I haven't met you both but I'm feeling a little proud just knowing someone on RAWK has a son up top at something. ;D

Didn't you initially start in jiu jitsu? Is your son now training full MMA ?
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #29922 on: December 12, 2021, 03:56:52 am »
Kara-France really impressive there
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29923 on: December 12, 2021, 03:58:26 am »
Cody Garbrandt is done dudes chin is shot at this point. I think he probably gets cut very soon if he doesn’t walk away himself.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29924 on: December 12, 2021, 05:02:16 am »
a ufc casual here, but relating to the premier league... how big of a shocker is that?

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29925 on: December 12, 2021, 05:02:18 am »
oh wow, did not expect that.. wow
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29926 on: December 12, 2021, 05:02:42 am »
a ufc casual here, but relating to the premier league... how big of a shocker is that?
its huge, Nunes is considered the GOAT

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29927 on: December 12, 2021, 05:03:53 am »
Holy shit that’s up their with Matt Serra and Holly Holm as the biggest upsets in the sports history. Well done Julianna Peña that is a hell of a boil over.

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29928 on: December 12, 2021, 05:16:14 am »
Holy shit that’s up their with Matt Serra and Holly Holm as the biggest upsets in the sports history. Well done Julianna Peña that is a hell of a boil over.

Aye, Nunes hasn't lost a fight since 2014 and been champion since 2016! Holy hell, I'm still stunned, what a performance by Julianna.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29929 on: December 12, 2021, 05:23:24 am »
Aye, Nunes hasn't lost a fight since 2014 and been champion since 2016! Holy hell, I'm still stunned, what a performance by Julianna.

Yeah crazy didn’t see it happening especially after the 1st round thought Amanda would have too much power but she got reckless and Julianna just kept sticking that jab out there and landing.

Anyway can’t wait for the next fight Dustin has been one of my favourite fighters for a long time now hope he finally gets a hold of that belt!

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29930 on: December 12, 2021, 09:38:04 am »
Like Norwich beating us soundly. Nunes is the most dominant woman champ ever, no-one was expecting Pena to give her a fight let alone finish her.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29931 on: December 14, 2021, 06:18:28 am »
Really disappointed that Dustin lost. But what a performance by Charles. Absolutely dominated Dustin and got a deserved finish.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #29932 on: December 16, 2021, 02:56:27 pm »
Sheesh!
I remember you mentioned your son training a while make, and I think just started being competitive or considering it.
Amazing how time flies!
You must be really proud of your son, I haven't met you both but I'm feeling a little proud just knowing someone on RAWK has a son up top at something. ;D

Didn't you initially start in jiu jitsu? Is your son now training full MMA ?

Sorry Doc, literally only just seen this! Thanks mate

He has been doing jiujitsu for 5 years and won everything, grand slamming including the British, European and Pan American Championships!

Trains jiujitsu 3 times a week and MMA / Striking twice - next step will be to qualify for the England Squad. He actually has a rematch against the kid in the video this weekend for the British No Gi Championships

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #29933 on: December 16, 2021, 03:11:32 pm »
Nunes just never looked right in that. Whether than was due to Pena's tactics or her own preparation I don't know. The immediate tap from the choke before it looked like it was in properly was crazy, nobody seemed to realise what had happened.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29934 on: January 12, 2022, 08:36:52 pm »
So it’s sounding more and more likely a new 165lb division will be created this year in the UFC. Khabib has been pushing this a lot over recent years.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #29935 on: January 12, 2022, 08:41:34 pm »
Colby v Masvidal happening then?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29936 on: January 15, 2022, 07:03:10 pm »
So it’s sounding more and more likely a new 165lb division will be created this year in the UFC. Khabib has been pushing this a lot over recent years.

Kevin Lee gone over to Khabibs promotion as a 165lb’er hasn’t he?

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #29937 on: January 18, 2022, 10:53:54 am »
Gane vs Ngannou is this weekend. Big fight for Ngannou who seems to be pushing against the management for better terms, if he wins it puts him in a great position for that. Also got Moreno vs Figueiredo in another title fight. Should be a good card, especially if Greg Hardy gets his face punched in again.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #29938 on: January 18, 2022, 11:03:11 am »
Didn't see that Chikadze result coming...tough as they come, but Kattar didn't just beat him, he absolutely knocked the shite out of him
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29939 on: January 23, 2022, 06:12:40 am »
Lol at Dana for not even going into the octagon to give the belt to Francis  ;D

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #29940 on: January 23, 2022, 06:26:52 am »
Francis Nurmagomedov

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29941 on: January 23, 2022, 09:26:39 am »
Lol at Dana for not even going into the octagon to give the belt to Francis  ;D
Why didn’t he do that?

Francis Nurmagomedov
Haha those takedowns were brilliant. Was hoping for a KO but Francis showed some a few new tricks in that fight.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29942 on: January 23, 2022, 10:07:57 am »
Why didn’t he do that?
Haha those takedowns were brilliant. Was hoping for a KO but Francis showed some a few new tricks in that fight.
Because he's petty as fuck and doesn't want to big Ngannou or any of his fighters the big bucks.

I'm actually glad there wasn't a KO. Big fan of Gane and I hope he wins the title at some point. I see Jon Jones has been mouthing off again the drunken twat. Guy hasn't fought for three years now and still thinks he calls the shots.

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #29943 on: January 24, 2022, 02:17:05 pm »
Because he's petty as fuck and doesn't want to big Ngannou or any of his fighters the big bucks.

I'm actually glad there wasn't a KO. Big fan of Gane and I hope he wins the title at some point. I see Jon Jones has been mouthing off again the drunken twat. Guy hasn't fought for three years now and still thinks he calls the shots.

Well I think he those to a certain degree - UFC need him - because for most MMA consumers (inc. casuals like me) he is there biggest draw - I'm pretty sure we will all be watching his next fight 

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #29944 on: January 24, 2022, 02:35:29 pm »
Well I think he those to a certain degree - UFC need him - because for most MMA consumers (inc. casuals like me) he is there biggest draw - I'm pretty sure we will all be watching his next fight 

I think UFC has grown in the last few years (partly through interest of McGregor and partly because it's a lot more accessible now). Jones has hardly been seen in that time, so maybe not as much interest in him as there used to be. If he was ever to fight again, it would be a lot of people wanting to know what his hype is.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #29945 on: January 24, 2022, 02:39:37 pm »
Why didn’t he do that?

Ngannou has basically been asking the UFC to pay fairly. (He got $600k from this fight). Dana doesn't like it basically.

The UFC London card looks like it's getting headlined by Aspinall vs Volkov. Hes jumped from facing an unranked opponent to number 5 in the rankings. He was originally meant to be fighting Shamil Abdurakhimov who is number 9. Huge leap that, but an amazing opportunity for Tom.

Offline JED BARTLETT

• Kemlynite
« Reply #29946 on: January 24, 2022, 04:53:08 pm »
Jake Paul is an insufferable prick no doubt, but he’s got 4 million followers on Twitter. The fact he’s talking about this must be a good thing. The money in the UFC is nothing short of disgraceful. It’s actually getting harder for me to watch because of it.

https://twitter.com/jakepaul/status/1485242797062074377?s=21

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #29947 on: January 24, 2022, 06:29:49 pm »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29948 on: January 24, 2022, 10:01:19 pm »
Jake Paul is an insufferable prick no doubt, but he’s got 4 million followers on Twitter. The fact he’s talking about this must be a good thing. The money in the UFC is nothing short of disgraceful. It’s actually getting harder for me to watch because of it.

https://twitter.com/jakepaul/status/1485242797062074377?s=21
Jake Paul isn't the villain everyone likes to paint him as. He's trying to put on the same persona as Mayweather in 2007 without all the money-flashing. UFC on the other hand is like a mafioso operation the way they intimidate fighters into taking fights, lowballing with payouts, banning apparel sponsors, PPV price hikes, Dana's immature antics, using McGregor's bus assault to sell a fight etc.

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #29949 on: February 10, 2022, 01:01:48 am »
So who we got this weekend - Whittaker or Adesanya

Head says - Adesanya
Heart wants - Whittaker

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #29950 on: February 12, 2022, 01:01:47 pm »
What time can we expect Adesanya v Whittaker about?

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29951 on: February 13, 2022, 06:01:16 am »
Bit of a slow fight but you’re going to get that with any Adesanya fight as this point in time. He is either going to completely dominant the opponent with his striking or they are going to be on the back foot fighting defensive and just trying not to get knocked out of there.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29952 on: February 13, 2022, 07:21:22 am »
i get that adesanya is technical and all that but his fights are pretty boring for me at least. MW need a dagestani representative to wrestlefuck that title out of adesanya's waist ;D

didnt expect black beast to get knocked out cold though. Tai got serious dad bod power

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #29953 on: February 13, 2022, 12:10:51 pm »
Rob won round 5, that’s it

how are people scoring this for Rob (Twitter) Izzy was clear

crazy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29954 on: February 13, 2022, 01:20:57 pm »
i get that adesanya is technical and all that but his fights are pretty boring for me at least. MW need a dagestani representative to wrestlefuck that title out of adesanya's waist ;D

didnt expect black beast to get knocked out cold though. Tai got serious dad bod power
He used to be exciting but not anymore. I hope Khamzat beats the snot out of him as he's generally unlikeable.

Tai Tuivasa continues to surprise me. I called him a journeyman here a while ago but I take that back.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29955 on: February 13, 2022, 07:24:18 pm »
Rob won round 5, that’s it

how are people scoring this for Rob (Twitter) Izzy was clear

crazy

I think Izzy easily won rounds 1 & 3 and Rob 5. 2 & 4 where close and it looks like even the judges agreed as both rounds weren’t unanimous on the scorecards. If Whittaker managed another 30-60 seconds of ground or clinch control against the cage in round 2 he probably gets out of there with a bit of a snatch and grab win on points.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #29956 on: February 20, 2022, 08:43:14 am »
remember when Johnny Walker was supposed to be the guy that will beat Jon Jones?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29957 on: February 20, 2022, 05:39:22 pm »
remember when Johnny Walker was supposed to be the guy that will beat Jon Jones?
I used to be genuinely excited whenever he fought, until he got ran over by Corey Anderson. Guy has a terrible chin, his hype ended quicker than it began.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29958 on: February 25, 2022, 10:26:17 pm »
Bellator Dublin on BBC3

Gegard Mousasi and Austin Vanderford headliner

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #29959 on: February 25, 2022, 10:30:15 pm »
Bellator Dublin on BBC3

Gegard Mousasi and Austin Vanderford headliner
have it on, first few fights been very meh. Main event and woman's fight should be good
YNWA