Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3301099 times)

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #22720 on: January 11, 2020, 10:09:11 am »
it's called TAW Daily Run down and I presume I signed up for it at some stage. Anyway, good little pep talk from Atko in each one.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #22721 on: January 11, 2020, 12:07:51 pm »
It's just weird that I could probably list the people who've been the subject of most "I don't like" nonsense

Sam, Steph, Mel, Emilia.

Am I missing someone obvious?  Not seen Lizzy getting any stick so no doubt the white blokes in the 40's (who I will join) will point to that as it's not misogyny

I'm white, middle class and in my 40s. Out of the four people you list I find Emilia very funny and a great host and Steph is one of my favourite contributors. I don't like one of the names on the list because they seem to see them self as speaking for an entire continent which I find offensive.

I would say Rob Gutmann (my favourite contributor) gets a lot of stick online. So maybe there's an ageist, Corbyn insipired antisemitic thing going on. Or maybe that would be seeing shadows where there weren't any. It's easy to do.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #22722 on: January 11, 2020, 12:20:45 pm »
I think you should be able to not be a huge fan of someone without it being called misogyny. Mel is by far my favourite on that list. I don`t mind Emilia Bona. I couldn`t stand Heneghan or what she was called. I wouldn`t listen or subscribe to TAW anymore if she was the average contributer. Had nothing to do with her being a woman whatsoever.  Some people seem to like her though, so it just shows that people are different.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 12:26:34 pm by Raaphael »

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22723 on: January 11, 2020, 02:26:20 pm »
Anyone here tried the hot mic commentary? Does it sync up well?
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #22724 on: January 11, 2020, 06:31:55 pm »
Anyone here tried the hot mic commentary? Does it sync up well?

Just tried it for the first time now.

There's auto sync (listens to TV and tries to sync, didn't really work for me though) but also manual (go back or forward by seconds). Takes a while but can get there eventually.

For me, the crowd noise is too quiet for me to turn down my (Dutch commentary) TV completely, but still interesting. Neil and Paul are a very good pair of co-comms.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #22725 on: January 12, 2020, 09:24:50 pm »
See Mike Nevin's signed up with Anfield Index today.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldIndex/status/1216321498622889984
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #22726 on: January 12, 2020, 09:48:26 pm »

With Jim Boardman... No one yearning for him to make a comeback on the Wrap

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #22727 on: January 12, 2020, 11:35:56 pm »
My main criticism of TAW isn't the contributors or the content as they're great, it's the lack of diversity of shows and the huge overlap in current shows. I thought the idea behind TAW moving to video would be to introduce new, different shows. The only show that is remotely different are The Stats Show (which is great) and the fairly new Bedding in (also great). Otherwise, it's just the same shows as repeated on video with different contributors.

The Preview Show = The Team Talk
The Second Look = The Review
Post Match Pint = The Pink/Post-match
Top 6 Show = The Overview Show

That's a lot of overlapping content that could be spent doing other shows with no actual loss to the consumer. As someone who quite often listened to two equivalent shows it got very repetitive and now I normally just listen to one of the two. I still think there is scope for TAW to do a European League/Championship/FA Cup/League Cup round-up shows, I know the knowledge is there within the contributors. They can always be focused on our potential opponents if it needs to stay LFC focused.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #22728 on: January 13, 2020, 12:18:03 am »
My main criticism of TAW isn't the contributors or the content as they're great, it's the lack of diversity of shows and the huge overlap in current shows. I thought the idea behind TAW moving to video would be to introduce new, different shows. The only show that is remotely different are The Stats Show (which is great) and the fairly new Bedding in (also great). Otherwise, it's just the same shows as repeated on video with different contributors.

The Preview Show = The Team Talk
The Second Look = The Review
Post Match Pint = The Pink/Post-match
Top 6 Show = The Overview Show

That's a lot of overlapping content that could be spent doing other shows with no actual loss to the consumer. As someone who quite often listened to two equivalent shows it got very repetitive and now I normally just listen to one of the two. I still think there is scope for TAW to do a European League/Championship/FA Cup/League Cup round-up shows, I know the knowledge is there within the contributors. They can always be focused on our potential opponents if it needs to stay LFC focused.

I reckon there are some valid points here - though like I said overall I'm pretty happy- and to be honest I tend to only listen to the audio myself.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22729 on: January 13, 2020, 09:01:05 am »

Too bad. They have lost one of their best contributers there. Is the index good?

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #22730 on: January 13, 2020, 09:29:48 am »
Too bad. They have lost one of their best contributers there. Is the index good?
I tried them - wasn't too impressed

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22731 on: January 13, 2020, 11:11:51 am »

There's a thread on it, fill yer boots :)
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=329314.120#lastPost

The analytical/statistical content is wonderful. A couple of the contributors are hard to bear, but such is life.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 11:28:25 am by royhendo »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22732 on: January 13, 2020, 11:35:49 am »
Is this like letting Beardsley go to Everton?

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #22733 on: January 13, 2020, 01:04:43 pm »
AnfieldIndex, from what I have heard, isn't of the same standard and possibly seeks a different 'kneejerk' audience. The stats stuff is probably very good but the general chat seems to feed off the average Twitter rubbish that TAW is usually at odds with. Henderson bashing, for example.

What's kept me loyal to TAW is the fact it's generally an antidote to the kneejerk, fanboy rubbish that you get elsewhere - including RAWK in places.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22734 on: January 13, 2020, 01:24:33 pm »
Exactly when did "white, middle aged men in their 40s" become such a bad thing by the way? I feel it`s a term that gets thrown around a lot when people have a different opinion that some people do not like.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 01:26:10 pm by Raaphael »

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #22735 on: January 13, 2020, 01:30:59 pm »
Exactly when did "white, middle aged men in their 40s" become such a bad thing by the way? I feel it`s a term that gets thrown around a lot when people have a different opinion that some people do not like.
Yeah, that's what a white, middle aged man in his 40s would say.

:P

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22736 on: January 13, 2020, 01:36:55 pm »
Maybe. But the point still stands. I have never seen people commenting "white girls in their 20s" when topics have been discussed in here.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22737 on: January 13, 2020, 01:46:15 pm »
Maybe. But the point still stands. I have never seen people commenting "white girls in their 20s" when topics have been discussed in here.

Most of those topics got locked and deleted several years ago.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22738 on: January 13, 2020, 01:50:19 pm »
Most of those topics got locked and deleted several years ago.

:D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22739 on: January 13, 2020, 02:00:30 pm »
👀

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22740 on: January 13, 2020, 02:28:27 pm »
Ian Salmon nailed it on the post match pint about Neville and Tyler.

I've been saying for ages that they commentate based on what they want to happen rather than what is happening, and in doing so try to convince you that what you are seeing with your own eyes isn't really happening. Pair of gobshites.

Well in for calling it.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #22741 on: January 13, 2020, 02:29:11 pm »

It's not obviously. But we have very little to complain about as a section of society

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #22742 on: January 13, 2020, 04:00:50 pm »
It's not obviously. But we have very little to complain about as a section of society
Wow.  You're completely brainwashed if you really believe that.

Utterly reductive nonsense.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22743 on: January 13, 2020, 04:04:03 pm »
Ian Salmon nailed it on the post match pint about Neville and Tyler.

I've been saying for ages that they commentate based on what they want to happen rather than what is happening, and in doing so try to convince you that what you are seeing with your own eyes isn't really happening. Pair of gobshites.

Well in for calling it.

Just before the goal

Tyler; "Still 0-0. Is this another Mourinho masterclass?!"

After the goal

Neville: "Look at all the space Liverpool are getting, Spurs need to change it!"

I don't overly mind Neville, he can get massively hungup on one thing during a game and constantly go back to it. Tyler on the other hand is just awful.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22744 on: January 13, 2020, 04:07:35 pm »
Some lineup on the free show today.
#core

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22745 on: January 13, 2020, 04:25:27 pm »
Some lineup on the free show today.
#core

They went with the big guns. Great show today👍

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22746 on: January 13, 2020, 04:34:34 pm »

Is that true? I feel it has become more and more acceptable to talk down that section of society almost as something laughable. However, men are highest on a lot of negative stats as well: homelessness, prison, suicides etc. Obviously some of the most powerful people in society are white men in a certain age group, but I’m not sure they represent a big percentage of men. I just sometimes think if some of the words were reversed at another group of people, they might consider it negatively.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 04:37:08 pm by Raaphael »

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #22747 on: January 13, 2020, 04:39:27 pm »
Is that true? I feel it has become more and more acceptable to talk down that section of society almost as something laughable. However, men are highest on a lot of negative stats as well: homelessness, prison, suicides etc. Obviously some of the most powerful people in society are white men in a certain age group, but I’m not sure they represent a big percentage of men. I just sometimes think if some of the words were reversed at another group of people, they might consider it negatively.
Yeah, that's what a white, middle aged man in his 40s would say.

:P

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #22748 on: January 13, 2020, 04:42:30 pm »
Just before the goal

Tyler; "Still 0-0. Is this another Mourinho masterclass?!"

After the goal

Neville: "Look at all the space Liverpool are getting, Spurs need to change it!"

I don't overly mind Neville, he can get massively hungup on one thing during a game and constantly go back to it. Tyler on the other hand is just awful.
Reminds me of the Old Trafford game when we were 1-0 down. Context - in lead up to the game De Gea had been declared unfit to play but is in starting XI: Tyler "De Gea is fit so Solskjaer is even winning the mind games as well"

Imposing a narrative is, to some extent, part of the role. But imposing a fiction is just tiresome sensationalism. Nothing about that game was a Mourinho masterclass.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #22749 on: January 13, 2020, 04:56:50 pm »

Of course not all of us are running a FTSE 100 company. And it's not to say there's nobody out there struggling.

But everything else being equal. We're doing better than most

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #22750 on: January 13, 2020, 06:56:08 pm »
I believe that Neil himself (all hail his noodle appendage) has said this.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #22751 on: January 13, 2020, 10:40:30 pm »
Atko, Robbo, Gibbo and Rob G. The main men as a quartet on that show today.

That's the shit I wanna be paying for.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22752 on: January 14, 2020, 09:02:15 am »
Looking forward to Neil Jones's interview with that Dutch Tv company!

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22753 on: January 14, 2020, 10:03:34 am »
amusing/annoying myself by seeing how soon Paul Cope can say literally whenever he's on
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #22754 on: January 14, 2020, 11:00:06 am »
Atko, Robbo, Gibbo and Rob G. The main men as a quartet on that show today.

That's the shit I wanna be paying for.

And yet it was free!

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #22755 on: January 14, 2020, 11:09:07 am »
And yet it was free!

Aye free on Spotify the four are great Craig Hannan is good too.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #22756 on: January 14, 2020, 11:51:33 am »
amusing/annoying myself by seeing how soon Paul Cope can say literally whenever he's on
literally ludicurous I always say
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Captain Mauser

• Boys Pen
« Reply #22757 on: January 14, 2020, 12:19:16 pm »
Gutman is great value. Should be tied down to every Friday preview and Monday round up.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #22758 on: January 14, 2020, 12:57:42 pm »
Gutman is great value. Should be tied down to every Friday preview and Monday round up.

Hi Rob
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22759 on: January 14, 2020, 01:09:26 pm »