Author Topic: Wimbledon tennis tickets  (Read 1122 times)

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
Wimbledon tennis tickets
« on: June 27, 2019, 02:48:38 pm »
Afternoon all  :wave

Just wondering if anyone can advise how best to buy a pair of tickets face value(no touting sites) for the Monday OR Tuesday (Day 1/Day 2) for Wimbledon?

Any info welcome  :)

Thanks

who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Wimbledon tennis tickets
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 02:56:18 pm »

Just wondering if anyone can advise how best to buy a pair of tickets face value(no touting sites) for the Monday OR Tuesday (Day 1/Day 2) for Wimbledon?

Thanks

Get there super early (8/9am) and queue up for day entry. Entry into the grounds is all courts except centre, court 1 and court 2. In fact, they may even include an additional court on there now can't remember been a while since I went to the outside courts.

Also, on the first few days you can queue up for resale tickets once you're in there. About 3pm onwards tickets will be handed in and you can rebuy them for centre, court 1 etc.

And if you're feeling really cheeky, you can hang around centre court and court 1 and ask people as they're leaving if you can have their ticket. My mum and I gave our ticket to someone a couple years ago and they were over the moon!

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 03:04:01 pm »
Look on Ticketmaster. They sell returns 48hrs before for the show courts.
They also have some reserved seats that are only sold the day before for centre and usually #1 Although this year looks like its #3, maybe due to the new roof/refurb.

Have look on Ticketmaster, and be ready for the sale, they go in seconds. Be logged in and on the page ready for the timer to get to zero for the sale to start and try to get in basket as soon as on sale. You then have a few mins to checkout. Dont fanny about with options just leave it as 2 tickets and best available. if you spend time changing anything you will miss them.

Max 2 people and the cardholder must collect on the day with card and photo ID.

I have managed to get tickets this way every year for a day or two. I am not going this year as I have used all my holidays on euro aways.

The seats reserved in centre court are the back few rows, but it's still a good spec to watch it from, I think they are a bit cheaper too. Returns can be anywhere, and different price ranges. We have had some great specs from the returns.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 03:11:29 pm »

Thanks

Join the queue in the morning - earlier the better - or as has been advised look on ticketmaster. It all depends which courts you want.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 03:16:58 pm »
If you're queuing up on the day, you'll definitely need to be there before 6am (latest)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 03:25:25 pm »
If you're queuing up on the day, you'll definitely need to be there before 6am (latest)

For centre court/court 1? Forgot to mention pretty sure they sell a small number of those tickets on the day as well, hence all those camping on the walk up to Wimbledon.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 03:37:26 pm »
For centre court/court 1? Forgot to mention pretty sure they sell a small number of those tickets on the day as well, hence all those camping on the walk up to Wimbledon.

Yeah to have any hope of those small number of tickets. Even then not guaranteed - think I went at 5 once and only got grounds tickets (was a great day though)

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 03:41:14 pm »
Yeah to have any hope of those small number of tickets. Even then not guaranteed - think I went at 5 once and only got grounds tickets (was a great day though)

Ha 6pm night before might get you one of them....
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 03:54:06 pm »
If you want Centre Court or Court One you'd best be queuing early the day before. Last time I went was a couple of years ago. I joined the queue early afternoon on the Sunday and got Court One for the Monday. If you're prepared to do that then obviously bring a tent.

If you just want a ground pass then join in the morning.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 04:51:31 pm »
It's been a few years since I've been, but it's a great day out, especially if you love your tennis!

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 04:53:38 pm »
It's been a few years since I've been, but it's a great day out, [b[especially if you love your tennis![/b]
can confirm this definitely helps ;D

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2019, 04:53:55 pm »
On this the ballot is going digital now so forward planning for next year - apply between August and December I believe

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2019, 05:14:38 pm »
On this the ballot is going digital now so forward planning for next year - apply between August and December I believe

Glad about that. I always used to forget. Although being digital I imagine the demand will increase, so your odds will diminish.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2019, 05:20:19 pm »
Before 6am? Before 4am if you're lucky!  Did it a couple of times.  It's great as the sun is already up!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2019, 05:27:43 pm »
Thanks for the information everyone. Much appreciated.  :)

Think will go down the 24hr prior Ticketmaster route! F**k queuing at 5 in the morning! Haha
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2019, 05:28:49 pm »
Do you know Bradley Cooper? That c*nt gets centre court tickets every year.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2019, 08:56:43 pm »
Thanks for the information everyone. Much appreciated.  :)

Think will go down the 24hr prior Ticketmaster route! F**k queuing at 5 in the morning! Haha

All part of the occasion and the tradition. The “queue” is a campsite on the Park with access toilets, showers, etc, and it’s basically a preparty for Wimbledon. You get your queue cards with your number on them before the Monday morning. The first 500 are guaranteed centre court tickets. Loads of people leave their tents and go into the village to a pub or even further afield. The stewards don’t enforce the rules as strictly as people think. I used to live walking distance from the grounds, I’m gutted to be missing it this year.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2019, 03:19:13 pm »
Anyone know what sort of time to get there if you got tickets from ticketmaster and have to collect please? Obviously not going to be like the big q for tickets but guessing it can still be pretty long. Thankking you.