Author Topic: Andy Carroll  (Read 115222 times)

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
Re: Andy Carroll
« Reply #640 on: February 1, 2015, 09:56:15 am »
Don't give a shit what he said about Rodgers, sounds like a baby crying anyway, as Rodgers is big enough to look after himself. Writing for the scum makes him an absolute c*nt though.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #641 on: February 1, 2015, 11:00:47 am »
Same as with microphone head, he needs to have his hands tied when he is on the pitch.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #642 on: February 1, 2015, 04:16:07 pm »
The thing is...while I could never understand how ANYONE would want to read it or speak to that rag...surely we can't demand of all footballers to feel the same way that we do about it? Andy should know better being a former Liverpool player, perhaps he could and should have said no, but how can we stop other clubs from allowing that rag to interview their players? We can't. I'd love to see that rag go down, but people all over Britain are reading it every day so clearly they don't feel the way we do about it otherwise they wouldn't read it. They don't think about it everytime they hear the name the way we do.

I'm not defending Andy by the way, I think he's being quite thick considering he's been at Liverpool.
I kind of agree. It's not an excuse, he should know it was a pretty silly thing to do. But I think Rory Smith made a valid point on Twitter yesterday - he is a Newcastle fan playing for West Ham. It's not necessarily going to be the forefront of his mind when he gets asked
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: February 2, 2015, 11:55:58 pm »
I always had a lot of respect for Carroll, and I really liked him and thought lots of the anger came from issues out of his control (transfer fee, replacing Torres). But no excuse for speaking to those c*nts, he should know better
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #644 on: February 13, 2015, 03:47:34 pm »
Out for the rest of the season with a knee injury. He's missed around 50% of available league games for West Ham since joining them. I don't think he'll have a consistent league season until he's in his late 20's. He's only had two seasons in his entire career where he's played over 30 league games. Seems to happen to a lot of big forwards, I think? Hope he recovers well.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: February 13, 2015, 04:04:54 pm »
Poor bastard.
He's never gonna make it is he?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: February 13, 2015, 05:29:18 pm »
No luck at all.

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #647 on: February 13, 2015, 05:43:49 pm »
Poor bastard. On his day I always rated Carroll as a top top player but I can't see his career ever hitting it's potential with his constant injuries.
-YNWA-

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: February 13, 2015, 05:56:17 pm »
injured or not, his potential is 5/5
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #649 on: February 13, 2015, 06:27:17 pm »
injured or not, his potential is 5/5

?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #650 on: February 13, 2015, 07:55:31 pm »
Feel for him :(

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: February 13, 2015, 07:58:24 pm »
Feel for him :(

If he did indeed speak to the rag that time he can do one!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #652 on: February 13, 2015, 09:49:43 pm »
If he did indeed speak to the rag that time he can do one!

Cant believe people feel sorry for him, when he has done his best to be a prick after he left.  Never a LFC player for me, and dont give a sh*t if he is out for the next 10 years. Mug!

Offline La Vecchia Magpie

• Terry de Niro's Geordie rival...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: February 14, 2015, 03:28:12 pm »
Some bitter people in here, childish almost. Did his best to be a prick? I distinctly remember him publicly saying he wanted Liverpool to win the league last season? As for The Sun thing, not everyone feels that way about the paper, sorry that's just the way it is. Andy Carroll grew up in Gateshead supporting Newcastle, he wasn't a childhood red from Merseyside, it probably hasn't been ingrained in him and I'm fairly sure that any PR stuff he does is set up by his employers.
The Wood Preservation Society. Hopefully that shed's the equivalent of Fritzel's cellar.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: February 14, 2015, 04:29:22 pm »
Some bitter people in here, childish almost. Did his best to be a prick? I distinctly remember him publicly saying he wanted Liverpool to win the league last season? As for The Sun thing, not everyone feels that way about the paper, sorry that's just the way it is. Andy Carroll grew up in Gateshead supporting Newcastle, he wasn't a childhood red from Merseyside, it probably hasn't been ingrained in him and I'm fairly sure that any PR stuff he does is set up by his employers.

Hang on mate, if you're a Liverpool player, at any point., you soon learn and are educated about Hillsborough and our history. Attending the memorial service should be enough of a reminder for any player or member of staff as to how sensitive a subject it is and why the rag is boycotted in the city and their staff are banned from Anfield.

If you look back through this thread and indeed in many others you'll see plenty of positive respectful posts about Carroll and wishing him well and hoping he gets back to his best at West Ham even.

If you go back a page and read through the posts, there is good reason to believe he gave an interview directly to those c*nts ahead of the game at Anfield. If indeed that's true it's hugely disrespectful and hurtful to those who supported him as a Red and following his departure from the club.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: February 15, 2015, 08:02:35 pm »

He's not that stupid, he knew he was speaking to those c*nts and he used them to launch an attack at our manager and our club.

Fuck him, I always wished him well but that's tarnished him to me. I didn't boo him during our game against them but I won't be clapping him off or cheering his name
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #656 on: February 16, 2015, 07:39:32 pm »
The thing is...while I could never understand how ANYONE would want to read it or speak to that rag...surely we can't demand of all footballers to feel the same way that we do about it? Andy should know better being a former Liverpool player, perhaps he could and should have said no, but how can we stop other clubs from allowing that rag to interview their players? We can't. I'd love to see that rag go down, but people all over Britain are reading it every day so clearly they don't feel the way we do about it otherwise they wouldn't read it. They don't think about it everytime they hear the name the way we do.

I'm not defending Andy by the way, I think he's being quite thick considering he's been at Liverpool.

Actually I think that in the immediate aftermath of Hillsborough the least we could have expected was that other people involved in the game, at all levels, would shun that newspaper. That's if there was any decency in the game. That the rest of the game did nothing was and is, IMO, a damning indictment of where football is and where it was heading at the dawn of the Premiership. I'm not been partisan either as I'm not convinced that we would have sent them to Coventry if it had been some other club's fans getting Slandered in the most despicable manner. But when you say we can't expect everybody else to feel the same I don't agree. We can expect them to, we just shouldn't.

As for Carroll, I am not usually one for judging others because we all make mistakes. However for a man to attend  Hillsborough memorials and then give an interview to that paper reeks of, at least, astounding hypocrisy. He really needs to issue an apology.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:41:22 pm by goalrushatgoodison »
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #657 on: February 16, 2015, 10:20:24 pm »
If he did speak to that paper then he can do one
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #658 on: August 22, 2015, 08:31:26 pm »
Apparently had another setback after injuring his ankle putting on a shoe - no, really.

Another 10 or so days out.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: October 3, 2015, 09:32:58 pm »

Wonder what he means by this...  ::)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: October 3, 2015, 09:36:39 pm »

Bit of an arsehole really isn't he. A loss in the derby is never a winning situation.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: October 3, 2015, 09:37:31 pm »

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: October 3, 2015, 09:39:43 pm »
He's allowed an opinion

But one of the things I think we can all agree on about Rodgers is that telling Andy to pack his bags was a great decision.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: October 3, 2015, 09:40:44 pm »
Bit of an arsehole really isn't he. A loss in the derby is never a winning situation.

Sad thing is some of the muppets on here would only disagree with him because they think a loss would be the only 'win'

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: October 3, 2015, 09:41:58 pm »
He's allowed an opinion

But one of the things I think we can all agree on about Rodgers is that telling Andy to pack his bags was a great decision.

Agreed.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #665 on: October 3, 2015, 10:02:28 pm »
Surely he means the city no? or am I just crediting him with some intelligence?
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: October 3, 2015, 10:08:11 pm »

Nah pretty sure he's referring to LFC. Hence the red spot after it too

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #667 on: October 3, 2015, 10:08:21 pm »

Yeah far too much credit :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: October 3, 2015, 10:10:05 pm »
Is he still injured?

Daylight robbery we got £17M for him.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: October 3, 2015, 10:24:10 pm »
Whats he even do now a days, commentate for sky?

How we got the money we got for him I'll never know.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #670 on: October 3, 2015, 10:30:52 pm »
If there's one thing that Brendan got right, it's fucking off Carroll as soon as he saw him. Shit player that is made of glass, good riddance.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: October 4, 2015, 06:45:48 am »

Hehe.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #672 on: January 12, 2016, 11:30:16 pm »
Injured again - selling old Andy is one of the best bits of business we have done for years; shame, because I quite liked him as a player. He is a brute, of course, and always came across as a hit'n'hoper, but he has a presence on the pitch. I remember hearing a podcast about him the day he was sold - and some bitter Geordie was laying into him. Saying that he was going to be the next Zlatan, and that he's sold out and will never get the support that he did on Tyneside. 

He will end up doing a Dean Ashton - retiring early and going into coaching.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 11:32:37 pm by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #673 on: January 13, 2016, 12:00:41 am »
Injured again - selling old Andy is one of the best bits of business we have done for years; shame, because I quite liked him as a player. He is a brute, of course, and always came across as a hit'n'hoper, but he has a presence on the pitch. I remember hearing a podcast about him the day he was sold - and some bitter Geordie was laying into him. Saying that he was going to be the next Zlatan, and that he's sold out and will never get the support that he did on Tyneside. 

He will end up doing a Dean Ashton - retiring early and going into coaching.

Not even sure he will coach. Can see him just showing up in random TV shows!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #674 on: January 13, 2016, 08:15:53 am »
Not even sure he will coach. Can see him just showing up in random TV shows!

Yeah, probably end up on BTsports 1.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #675 on: January 13, 2016, 09:05:58 am »
If there's one thing that Brendan got right, it's fucking off Carroll as soon as he saw him. Shit player that is made of glass, good riddance.
yep

i know he scored against us since but he is injured far too often and his movement is non existent

only thing is yes we sold him for a big fee but that was only after we invested double that in him
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: January 14, 2016, 08:04:54 pm »
Can't believe one of the moaners was implying that we'd be better off with Carroll than most of our recent striker recruits. Almost as permacrocked as Sturridge and useless to a pressing or quick-passing team. Total spud.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: April 9, 2016, 02:31:16 pm »
Hattrick in 8 mins vs Arsenal :$

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #678 on: April 9, 2016, 02:50:05 pm »
Hattrick in 8 mins vs Arsenal :$

His only real value would have been a plan B for the last 30 minutes against someone parking the bus (a la Chelsea in 2014 and as he showed in the cup final 2012), when fired and fit he is the best at what he does, but that is a specialist role not an every game role. We've not been quite wealthy enough to have the luxury of the 'Dzeko' option
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: April 9, 2016, 02:52:58 pm »
Was brilliant for West Ham today, credit to him

Still a prick for rushing to celebrate against us though