Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2854954 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #14800 on: April 17, 2021, 04:48:51 pm »
Is he leading in the golden boot race?

He has 19.

Kane has 21.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #14801 on: April 17, 2021, 04:59:45 pm »
We better hope so. Without him or Jota in the team, we would be close to being involved in a relegation battle, because the rest of the team couldn't hit a door at the moment.

Wait, we canning Jota too?

has RAWK been hacked by disgruntled ex-colleagues of What Everyone Wants who decided to spring revenge yes in this late hour and decided "we MUST shift the fuckin lot?"

TELL YOU WHAT WITHOUT MO AND JOTA AND ALLISON AND TRENT AND CURTIS AND HENDO WE'D BE WELL FUCKED

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14802 on: April 17, 2021, 05:44:32 pm »
We see the power of the media at play here. In what world would you as fans want to get rid of a guaranteed 20 a season player who is never really injured?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #14803 on: April 19, 2021, 02:44:11 pm »
Just been officially named Egypt captain...ESL dependant I guess...  :-\
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14804 on: April 24, 2021, 12:36:17 pm »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #14805 on: April 24, 2021, 01:24:20 pm »
Where would we be without him this season? Our best player by a country mile!

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14806 on: April 24, 2021, 02:34:03 pm »

We're currently 6th, potentially 7th. You saying we would have been even lower than that?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14807 on: April 24, 2021, 02:35:42 pm »
We're currently 6th, potentially 7th. You saying we would have been even lower than that?

Yes.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14808 on: April 24, 2021, 02:35:59 pm »
Absolutely have to get him some help in the summer, if he wants to stay that is, I assume he does.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14809 on: April 24, 2021, 02:36:12 pm »
He did his fair share of playing his lines in front of goal today. Unlike Nane and Firmino he’s also capable of putting it in the net on occasion which helps.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14810 on: April 24, 2021, 02:43:05 pm »
Looked sick at the end. Obviously the realization that top four is gone hit him hard. We desperately need to do all we can to keep him next season.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14811 on: April 24, 2021, 02:45:15 pm »
Looked sick at the end. Obviously the realization that top four is gone hit him hard. We desperately need to do all we can to keep him next season.

There’s nowhere for him to go. The clubs he’d go to are skint and have their eyes on younger models. Even if we wanted to sell him for £120 million plus, which we actually sort of need for the massive rebuild we clearly need, we wouldn’t be able too. So chill, he’ll be scoring lots of goals for us next season. Sadly we may need to give him a massive new contract.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #14812 on: April 24, 2021, 02:55:46 pm »

Salah FC.

Just looking at some stats, Salah is the highest goal scorer at 29 goals in all competitions for 20/21. Next person is Mane at 13 and then Jota at 12. After that it's all a shitshow.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14813 on: April 24, 2021, 03:10:27 pm »
There’s nowhere for him to go. The clubs he’d go to are skint and have their eyes on younger models. Even if we wanted to sell him for £120 million plus, which we actually sort of need for the massive rebuild we clearly need, we wouldn’t be able too. So chill, he’ll be scoring lots of goals for us next season. Sadly we may need to give him a massive new contract.

That's what I'm banking on because if times were normal he'd have a ton of options.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #14814 on: April 24, 2021, 03:18:44 pm »
Salah FC.

Just looking at some stats, Salah is the highest goal scorer at 29 goals in all competitions for 20/21. Next person is Mane at 13 and then Jota at 12. After that it's all a shitshow.

30 odd goal season from Salah has been very impressive when you look at everything going on around him. Surprised Mane has 13 to be honest given he's been poor for most of it. If he steps up next season he'll do decent numbers I think and I have no reason to believe Jota can't do even better if he's fit throughout. Problem with Bobby is we know what we're going to get in front of goal and it's not ideal. Surely a new attacker will come in the summer, but of what profile I don't know.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #14815 on: April 24, 2021, 03:21:11 pm »
Can’t afford to give anyone a new contract if we’re not in the CL.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14816 on: April 24, 2021, 03:28:32 pm »
Great goal but just as guilty as the rest of them today. The burden on him carrying our attack is far too great, hope we can get him to sign a new deal. Luckily there arent many teams out there that can afford him.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14817 on: April 24, 2021, 03:31:48 pm »
Great goal but just as guilty as the rest of them today. The burden on him carrying our attack is far too great, hope we can get him to sign a new deal. Luckily there arent many teams out there that can afford him.

Would have had a few assists also today if anyone else could score. But apparently he's greedy too.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14818 on: April 24, 2021, 03:35:28 pm »
He’s the main sellable asset we have which worries me. Despite him missing chances he’s the most dangerous and prolific forward we have. The least of our problems in my opinion, he’s having a decent season.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14819 on: April 24, 2021, 03:37:26 pm »
Can’t afford to give anyone a new contract if we’re not in the CL.

Of course we can.  It'd cost a hell of a lot more to replace him, get rid of a few fringe players and throw it at him.  Twenty league goals for three seasons on the bounce.  Brilliant footballer and integral to any ambitions we may have for next season. One of the top five players on the planet.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14820 on: April 24, 2021, 04:38:48 pm »
20 league goals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons and in the other one he scored 19. A model of consistency.

Really needs some help though.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #14821 on: April 24, 2021, 07:58:32 pm »
20 league goals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons and in the other one he scored 19. A model of consistency.

Yet, he could have / should have had a hat-trick today... He can help himself first, but I agree that Mane and Jota should be able to hit a barn door.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #14822 on: April 24, 2021, 08:07:56 pm »
First and last order of business in the summer is holding on to this guy. I don’t care what he wants, give it to him. It’s astounding that he’s managed to consistently find the back of a net in a team that has fallen apart dramatically this season.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14823 on: April 24, 2021, 08:08:48 pm »

Yeah the least of our worries is Mo who's scored over 30% of our league goals all by himself without many pens,an amazing player.

We have been using a 3 pronged attack,currently 2/3 of it is not firing regularly and we're not getting any goals from midfield either.

Don't know what's the solution,change of formation or new personnel,i'm confident Klopp will sort it out.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14824 on: April 24, 2021, 08:08:57 pm »
First and last order of business in the summer is holding on to this guy. I don’t care what he wants, give it to him. It’s astounding that he’s managed to consistently find the back of a net in a team that has fallen apart dramatically this season.

It's not that astounding, as we've still been creating chances. He's been as guilty as any for missing decent ones this season.

He's still boss like and we need to get his contract sorted.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14825 on: April 25, 2021, 07:09:50 pm »
It's not that astounding, as we've still been creating chances. He's been as guilty as any for missing decent ones this season.

He's still boss like and we need to get his contract sorted.

There was a period where we couldn't create sweet fuck all.

But yes we need to get him a new contract. He's putting up elite numbers every year, but people still find new ways of wanting to sell him

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #14826 on: April 28, 2021, 01:52:00 pm »
Mohamed Salah wants to stay at #LFC but the two parties are at an 'impasse' over a new deal.

@Simon_Hughes__ shares the details with @JamesPearceLFC, @CaoimheSport and @stevehothersall + talk Henry's apology, Firmino and more... #LFC

LISTEN NOW  𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗚𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗔

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticUK/status/1387376298083901443

"He would like to stay at Liverpool, but he isn't necessarily getting the impression that Liverpool are quite as keen to get things done as quickly as he wants to."

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14827 on: April 28, 2021, 02:27:24 pm »
Its a good job Barcelona and Madrid are completely skint otherwise I feel like this would be a very long summer transfer saga with Mo. But aside from those two I don't think there is a single other club where he would be remotely interested in leaving for.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14828 on: April 28, 2021, 02:29:24 pm »
Extremely disappointing if we don't get this done.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14829 on: April 28, 2021, 04:03:43 pm »
Not surprised considering the financial situation, but out of the number of players that only have 2 years left, Salah, Van Dijk and Fabinho are the main ones. The rest shouldn't really get an extension right now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14830 on: April 28, 2021, 04:15:49 pm »
Not surprised considering the financial situation, but out of the number of players that only have 2 years left, Salah, Van Dijk and Fabinho are the main ones. The rest shouldn't really get an extension right now.

What about Mane and Firmino?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14831 on: April 28, 2021, 04:17:01 pm »

Then let's sell all of our best players whilst we're at it.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14832 on: April 28, 2021, 04:23:37 pm »
Then let's sell all of our best players whilst we're at it.

We are not going to be handing out contracts left, right and centre. Thus far the tenuous rumours had us offering new deals to Virgil and to Fabinho, but this about not approaching Salah has been bubbling away since December when Salah gave his interview to the Spanish media outlet.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14833 on: April 28, 2021, 04:27:12 pm »
We are not going to be handing out contracts left, right and centre. Thus far the tenuous rumours had us offering new deals to Virgil and to Fabinho, but this about not approaching Salah has been bubbling away since December when Salah gave his interview to the Spanish media outlet.

Nobody is saying to hand out contracts left right and center, hand out contracts to your best performing players, Salah should be on the top of the list.

Find a way to keep your best players at the club. He's 28, not 38.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14834 on: April 28, 2021, 04:31:19 pm »
Nobody is saying to hand out contracts left right and center, hand out contracts to your best performing players, Salah should be on the top of the list.

Find a way to keep your best players at the club. He's 28, not 38.

I agree. Like I said, Salah, Fabinho and Van Dijk should be at the top of the list and I would be giving all three new contracts without question. But this has been rumbling away in the background for a while now. I have said before that I was 100% sure Salah wants to stay and that all these interviews were to put pressure on us to get to the table.

There could be a few things going on here. We could be looking to see what happens this summer and as part of all that, decide who does get a contract offer. Or we might be playing a game to try to leverage a lack of interest to ensure the contract isn't too debilitating for us.

But the contract situation around what seems like half the squad is just another part of the huge summer we now face.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14835 on: May 1, 2021, 07:58:19 pm »
I’d we lose Salah when he wants to stay because we won’t fund a new deal, after all the shit we’ve had to put up with from them current ownership. That will fucking finish me off with them personally.

Give the lad a new contract you stupid c*nts.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2021, 08:06:02 pm by Jm55 »

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #14836 on: May 2, 2021, 08:34:55 am »
He will either get a new deal or be sold before the end of the year. Both are possibilities and I wouldn't throw a tantrum because of it. His current deal takes him to when he's 31 and given his fitness and performance levels, I can see him easily play at this level for a good 5-6 years without any sizeable decline in physical attributes. All that said, Mane and Bobby are of a similar age and with us over 100 million in hole because of the pandemic (The previous account only counted 2019-20 season, this one will probably be worse), if there is an offer on the table for Salah over/around 150 million, I can absolutely see us selling. Similarly, if there is an overvalued offer for Bobby or Mane, I'd expect us to cash in. I do not see us keeping all 3 into next season unless there are no good offers for them. All that said, I dont see us actively trying to sell them either. We wont let him go down to the last year of his contract like Gini. We'll likely see out the summer and then immediately get him a new deal if he's still here at the end of it.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14837 on: May 2, 2021, 09:26:24 am »
So we're apparently doing this let players deals get too close to expiring shit again

Give him a new deal ffs

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14838 on: May 2, 2021, 09:31:53 am »
Obviously we are forgetting 1 thing… we’re dependent on Salah wanting to stay when we have no CL football guaranteed…

If he doesn’t then what do we do then? Sell him. I won’t hate him if he does want to go elsewhere, it’s a unique type of player to want to test themselves in multiple leagues, and if he wanted to go to sunny Spain and try it there then I won’t begrudge him.

We’d massively miss him mind and we would be heavily hamstrung because of it as currently he’s the only one of the current 3 forwards who is consistently banging in goals… we need others to start stepping up and chip in with goals…

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14839 on: May 2, 2021, 09:41:11 am »
Obviously we are forgetting 1 thing… we’re dependent on Salah wanting to stay when we have no CL football guaranteed…

If he doesn’t then what do we do then? Sell him. I won’t hate him if he does want to go elsewhere, it’s a unique type of player to want to test themselves in multiple leagues, and if he wanted to go to sunny Spain and try it there then I won’t begrudge him.

We’d massively miss him mind and we would be heavily hamstrung because of it as currently he’s the only one of the current 3 forwards who is consistently banging in goals… we need others to start stepping up and chip in with goals…

Of course and if that’s the case then fair enough.

The reports, however, suggest otherwise and considering the ownership I wouldn’t be shocked if they saw dollar signs to sell rather than have to make him the clubs highest earner in order to keep him (granted he may already be the highest earner I’m not sure but either way it’s going to be a massive contract to keep him.)

I think if the latter is the scenario then the pitchforks will rightly be out, I’ll be leading the fucking charge myself.