Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3422843 times)

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #28360 on: May 15, 2019, 06:55:50 pm »
That chant by Wilshere was nothing in comparison to this instance, too.

The untouchable, state funded Manchester City, folks.

Exactly. The difference is that this involves Manchester City.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #28361 on: May 15, 2019, 06:56:11 pm »
The first one,I don't include songs that we only ever sing whilst playing a specific side.

My brain must be mush to have forgotten Internazionale. ;D

Don't know if my memory is playing tricks, but I'm pretty sure the Internazionale song used to be:

'Bring on yer Manchester United
Bring on yer Cockneys by the score
And we'll take em two by two
And kick the fuck outa you (or something along those lines)
Cos Liverpool's the team that we adore'

Offline Captain Caveman

• Peter Andre's Disney-sponsored rapping cousin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.
« Reply #28362 on: May 15, 2019, 07:05:36 pm »
More from The Guardian. Intelligent and dignified words from Martin Cox.

Sean Cox’s brother criticises Manchester City over celebratory flight song

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/15/manchester-city-deny-players-mocked-hillsborough-tragedy-liverpool-flight-song-football
Sabu retch at putrid "fan", born to screech, doom'd to lose.
MANCHESTER EVERTON AND FUCK.
Says it all

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #28363 on: May 15, 2019, 07:05:36 pm »
Wilshere was fined £40k for this..

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/tXD-7AgJjpc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/tXD-7AgJjpc</a>

The FA  ::)
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28364 on: May 15, 2019, 07:06:18 pm »
Don't know if my memory is playing tricks, but I'm pretty sure the Internazionale song used to be:

'Bring on yer Manchester United
Bring on yer Cockneys by the score
And we'll take em two by two
And we'll kick fuck outa you (or something along those lines)
Cos Liverpool's the team that we adore'

Nearly right ;)

Remember in one of the fanzines around the early 90's there was a list of "acceptable" songs, had to be done as the anti united stuff was getting belted out a lot no matter who we were playing, especially at away games, would often hear "we're not playing man united" whenever a bunch of bad wools started "who the fuck are man united" 

Offline Shaun101

• Didn't take up his ticket for the Screen Sports Super Cup
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Where did I leave it?
« Reply #28365 on: May 15, 2019, 07:07:08 pm »
It's funny how they won the title a couple of days ago and already no one cares, it's not even mentioned on the BBC football page anywhere.

Because they are an irrelevance , they have no wide fan base not even past cheadle! So no clicks on website, no advertising revenues. So every story that creates traffic is down to two us and united , we both do well they get traffic, either does badly they get traffic.

There is no real media bias against them just a narrative either way because we are both proper clubs ( as much as I detest united and their fan base )whilst city will always be like Anzi Macklacka or whatever they were called , rich club but never ever a big club.

Oh and a bunch of mercenary twats to boot.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #28366 on: May 15, 2019, 07:16:41 pm »
It's funny how they won the title a couple of days ago and already no one cares, it's not even mentioned on the BBC football page anywhere.

Not really only a handful of people care about it.

The bigger story is we lost by 1 point not city winning it by 1 point.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28367 on: May 15, 2019, 07:21:22 pm »
More from The Guardian. Intelligent and dignified words from Martin Cox.

Sean Cox’s brother criticises Manchester City over celebratory flight song

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/15/manchester-city-deny-players-mocked-hillsborough-tragedy-liverpool-flight-song-football

I'm glad that the family have made their feelings known,now we can get behind them with copping the usual shite that the country likes the throw at us.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline eyescream

• ewes'cream
  • Kopite
« Reply #28368 on: May 15, 2019, 07:23:03 pm »
A song about their owners would be nice...

Offline King Kenny07

• Main Stander
  • JFT96
« Reply #28369 on: May 15, 2019, 07:23:38 pm »
This is all just a misunderstanding, then; but misunderstandings are easy to avoid if you engage your brain and your decency and your love for your own club rather than your hatred for another.

The “victims” part is easy: anyone who’s been around English football for the last thirty years knows exactly what that means. Disgusting and needless; Manchester City should apologise outright on behalf of their players and management for that one, but they won’t and they won’t be obliged to. Which tells you all you need to know about the state of the world in 2019, and English football in particular. A thousand Kopparberg cans couldn’t compare, if only because physical damage is tangible and tends to be punished. The likes of this is far more insidious, and has been for 30 years.

“Battered in the streets” carries a little more in the way of plausible deniability, but let’s be honest: it’s definitely a dig at Sean Cox, and a pathetic, senseless one at that. Liverpool supporters being attacked in Kiev by local hooligans is, in itself, a disturbing thing to be signing about. But the haste with which club and fans alike have backed away from the association of those words with Sean Cox is telling. It carries with it a tacit admission that a line has been crossed, and it has. Yet again; as it has been on countless occasions since 1989.

“Victims of it all”. Think about the etymology of the term “victims” in this specific context. Its genesis, as much as anything, was vested in outrage that the people of Liverpool wouldn’t just go away after Hillsborough, but instead remained conspicuous on the national stage for many years afterwards campaigning for truth and justice. That was what rankled: the fact that they didn’t go away, their continuing profile.

If you think about Liverpool supporters who were “battered” last season: which ones had the most profile? Whose name was on a banner that club captain Jordan Henderson and his teammates hoisted in the Stadio Olimpico after qualifying for the final? For whose family and medical bills were Liverpool supporters (and players) all over social media and the nation’s TV screens for weeks and months appealing for assistance? The fans attacked in a restaurant in Kiev, whose names were never released as far as I know and were barely even mentioned again by the mainstream media after the 25th of May? Or the one whose injuries were so grave that he’s still learning to walk and talk again? The one who had a fundraiser played in his honour in front of 27,000 people as recently as last month?

The fact that Liverpool, supporters and players alike, have responded so enthusiastically to the plight of this man and his family is exactly the kind of fodder that has long since attracted the sarcastic, sneering accusations of victimhood at the people of Liverpool; not a group of largely anonymous supporters set upon in a restaurant. With all due respect to their ordeal, which must have been frightening, it had no real profile nationally, and what it did have certainly didn’t form part of any campaign. If a group of supporters, drunk on their own hatred and thirst for “banter” and a serious rival, were going to tire of hearing about the plight of a Liverpool supporter or supporters to the point where they were moved to sing about someone being “battered in the streets” in retaliation, who was it realistically going to be?

People like this have never understood that the tragedies of which they make such light at the altar of points-scoring and “banter”, be it 39 people at Heysel, 96 at Hillsborough or a single individual ahead of Liverpool’s game with Roma last season, could have just as easily been any match-going supporter. They never will, either; so be it, there’s very little anyone can do to change that. But those players…wow. Even if you believe that they were simply copying a fan chant and didn’t fully understand the meaning of it, to sing proudly about a fellow professional from another team being injured when you’ve just won a league title is both pitiful and stupid beyond belief.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but having fought for the best part of 30 years for even a sliver of recognition that 96 Liverpool supporters died at a football game through no fault of their own, I doubt Liverpudlians are all that “offended” by this. This is simply the latest in a long line of casual baiting, and I can only imagine you’ve developed a pretty thick skin by now, especially when that kind of abuse is coming from small clubs like Everton and Manchester City. I would like to think that Sean Cox and his family are not “offended” either (“disappointed”, I believe is the word Martin Cox used). “Offended” is the wrong description.

Now, “angry”, on the other hand…that might be a bit closer to the mark. People have been wondering since Sunday how Liverpool can close the gap on these next season: well, having had to eat shit in congratulating them on winning the league only to hear that they’ve been singing about a fan (or fans) of the club being beaten up and one of Liverpool’s players being injured, I would say that Jürgen Klopp, a man who mentions anger a lot, will be missing a trick if he doesn’t try to harness the folly of those City players into something tangible for next season. This is a game of small details, and if it’s going to come down to a single point again, vengeance could make all the difference.

But first, to Madrid; and a trophy of which City, to use their words, have “won fuck all”.
Bill Shankly speaking To Alan Ball after he'd signed for Everton - 'Never mind Alan, at least you'll be able to play next to a great team.'

Offline Shaun101

• Didn't take up his ticket for the Screen Sports Super Cup
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Where did I leave it?
« Reply #28370 on: May 15, 2019, 07:38:18 pm »

Every time they play every fan at every ground shouts “cheat” every time they touch the ball this makes a difference on tv on line and globally it fucks up the “brand” that’s what they would do in Germany for example but the English teams fans are too busy scoring points of each other to see the damage this club is doing

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28371 on: May 15, 2019, 07:40:54 pm »
It probably doesn't, but is that really the point? Has any official body or media outlet condemned it? Man City themselves have even defended it. Disgusting bunch of c*nts.
it doesn’t, but the reality is they made themselves look like idiots trying to defend it

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28372 on: May 15, 2019, 07:41:30 pm »
a giant flag with the amnesty international logo would suffice, or a banner of their players celebrating on the bodies of slaves...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 07:43:57 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #28373 on: May 15, 2019, 07:42:50 pm »
E2K bloody wonderful post.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28374 on: May 15, 2019, 07:45:23 pm »
a giant flag with the amnesty international logo would suffice, or a banner of their players celebrating on the bodies of slaves...

Celebrating a win whilst riding on the backs of slaves would make an excellent banner.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #28375 on: May 15, 2019, 07:52:27 pm »
Nearly right ;)

Remember in one of the fanzines around the early 90's there was a list of "acceptable" songs, had to be done as the anti united stuff was getting belted out a lot no matter who we were playing, especially at away games, would often hear "we're not playing man united" whenever a bunch of bad wools started "who the fuck are man united"

Cheers feller, always wondered when that 'only sing about them when we're playing them' rule came in, cos we didn't do it much back in the day, but we certainly did it.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #28376 on: May 15, 2019, 08:00:40 pm »

A song about their owners would do nothing. It would be seen as tit for tat by the vast majority. A banner may have more impact but doubt it's likely to be picked up by the mainstream media who have a vested interest in protecting the Premier League's reputation.

Beating them home and away next season would probably be more impactful on many levels. That's how we hurt them. That's how we shut them up.

Win the CL next season and use this anger to fuel our title bid next season. Everyone at the club should use it. Starting at the Community Shield if we get to play them. When they rock up at Anfield next season in the league it should be the most hostile atmosphere they've ever faced. Without anyone crossing the line, it should make the CL QF in 2018 look like a visit to Craven Cottage.

Beat them on the pitch and sing songs about our players, our manager and our history.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28377 on: May 15, 2019, 08:02:10 pm »
Fuck singing about them. That’s what they want. Just ignore them like the irrelevance that they are.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28378 on: May 15, 2019, 08:10:37 pm »
Fuck singing about them. That’s what they want. Just ignore them like the irrelevance that they are.

Desperate to have their name attached to a CL final.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #28380 on: May 15, 2019, 08:31:21 pm »
Absolutely.  Also, could you imagine if we started getting a reputation as ‘the club who have a rivalry with Manchester City’?  No thank you.  Leave well alone, they can do their thing on their own.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28381 on: May 15, 2019, 08:31:48 pm »
Well said David Conn in the Guardian

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28382 on: May 15, 2019, 08:37:11 pm »
According to SSN, the F.A. are saying no action will be taken, as the video breaks no rules.

Bringing the game into disrepute is their usual favourite line with this sort of thing isn't it?  Only this time not?  Because it's City and they're frightened of their financial clout or too close to the FA summer holidays and they don't want to piss about with such an awkward issue?

Bemused to say the least.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28383 on: May 15, 2019, 08:43:58 pm »
Bringing the game into disrepute is their usual favourite line with this sort of thing isn't it?  Only this time not?  Because it's City and they're frightened of their financial clout or too close to the FA summer holidays and they don't want to piss about with such an awkward issue?

Bemused to say the least.

Makes you wonder if they could get away with a Hillsborough song (not that any footballer would do that I guess).

Didn't Bielsa get a hefty fine for spying, but didn't break any rules?

I don't recognise any players in that video!

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #28384 on: May 15, 2019, 08:48:04 pm »

Who are Manchester City?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28386 on: May 15, 2019, 08:56:52 pm »
Makes you wonder if they could get away with a Hillsborough song (not that any footballer would do that I guess).

Didn't Bielsa get a hefty fine for spying, but didn't break any rules?

I don't recognise any players in that video!

Just don't get how with so many in the media there is little or no consideration of the fact that these are professional players singing about fans getting battered on the streets - now whether that is about Sean Cox directly or a reference to unprovoked attacks on Liverpool fans in Kiev or of any other fans at any time or place, the players and staff trivialising such acts and taking delight in them is morally reprehensible and totally unacceptable.

But it's about Liverpool fans so that's alright then innit.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28387 on: May 15, 2019, 08:58:20 pm »

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28388 on: May 15, 2019, 08:58:36 pm »
Well said David Conn in the Guardian
Yep, indeed.

It's unfortunate that MCFC do not feel burdened with shame or embarrassment. On occasions like this it would take great leadership to rebuke the prima-donnas that provide the fuel of clubs avarice for success, but they don't have any. Not a single person at that club will denounce that display of professional perniciousness.

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #28389 on: May 15, 2019, 09:01:27 pm »
I know abar mancs being trampy shitehawks, but this lot are fucking wankers for doing that. No quarter given when we play this show of shite next season.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #28390 on: May 15, 2019, 09:02:26 pm »
Was Sterling singing the song? I haven't watched the video and don't intend to.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28391 on: May 15, 2019, 09:04:45 pm »
Was Sterling singing the song? I haven't watched the video and don't intend to.

Difficult to see who was singing the song to be honest. Like it was filmed using a potato.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28392 on: May 15, 2019, 09:41:27 pm »
THIS is how they choose to celebrate winning the league?! Not with a song about Guardiola, no songs about their journey to the title, nothing about City's past successes, nope, just a song about Liverpool fans being beaten up and Mo Salah getting injured. I find their obsession with Liverpool utterly bizarre, we seem to have really got into their heads somewhere down the line. I guess we are the stick by which they measure their own relevance and they're coming up short. That said, if anyone should have that kind of seething resentment and bitterness it should be us, shouldn't it? We're the ones who are missing out on our biggest dreams because of their financial cheating. All the while our manager and our players are nothing but dignified about it and our fans wouldn't even dream of singing about them.

But if there's one thing this season has taught me above all else it's how glad I am that I support Liverpool. From the way we conduct our business off the field, to the lads we have playing for us every week, to our supporter culture, we are just miles better than any other club in this country. No wonder they fucking hate us!
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #28393 on: May 15, 2019, 09:53:33 pm »
Well I just hope that our club sends a complaint to the FA and tells them that they are completely incompetent. Every article I have read is disgusted by the song but yet the FA see absolutely nothing wrong.

City have made a complete laughing stock of their club by defending the indefensible.

They are a classless bunch of assholes who, rather than acknowledging a worthy competitor who pushed them right to the end, they feel that it is ok to come out with childish songs.

I thought that the Sun was the piss of the earth but now they have been replaced by classless City.

The true sign of a champion is somebody who appreciates the strength of the opposition.

Well done City. Such a scummy club.
#JFT97

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28394 on: May 15, 2019, 09:56:28 pm »
Why would anyone expect FA to do anything, they're hypocrites who have never had any balls. But god forbid anyone should criticise one of their precious referees!

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28395 on: May 15, 2019, 09:57:58 pm »
Bluemoon aside, name a chant they have that isn’t about another club. Even their chant for Aguero is a dig at United. You can give them all the money in the world, they still have a small time mentality. It’s in their DNA.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #28396 on: May 15, 2019, 10:00:34 pm »
Why would anyone expect FA to do anything, they're hypocrites who have never had any balls. But god forbid anyone should criticise one of their precious referees!

They have basically undone all the progress that has been made. I thought that we had seen the end of offensive songs but now they have basically said that anything goes again.

Put them in the same category as The Sun and City.
#JFT97

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #28397 on: May 15, 2019, 10:26:09 pm »
Our first competitive game of the season could be against this shower for the Community shield.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28398 on: May 15, 2019, 10:33:41 pm »

Its essential I feel.

A clever song that points out their financial cheating and the human rights abuses of the murderous régime that props them up would be great. They're a PR vehicle of a regime that's responsible for the murder and starvation of thousands in Yemen along with the horrors in their own country.

Nothing can damage them more. They can sing lies and fantasy about Liverpool all they want but the truth hurts so much more on every level. PR my arse.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28399 on: May 15, 2019, 10:38:59 pm »
Celebrating a win whilst riding on the backs of slaves would make an excellent banner.
Yep, Lush has summed it up there.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.