Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3437250 times)

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Re: SolSeks is STILL the manager of Manchester United!!
« Reply #26000 on: April 20, 2019, 04:55:39 pm »
Tomorrow will be really interesting, here's how I see things depending on what happens:

United lose to Everton and we beat Cardiff = United are happy to throw the game vs City as they'll see it as basically over for top 4.

United draw to Everton and we beat Cardiff = United might still try a little vs City but if they go a goal down early they'll be happy to sit back and crumble)

United beat Everton and we beat Cardiff = Think it will be fairly mixed from the fans but the manager and players will go for the win knowing they could potentially then draw with Chelsea and get top 4.

We don't beat Cardiff = United will go all out to win vs City but it will effectively be over for us anyway in the mind of many.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26001 on: April 20, 2019, 04:57:00 pm »
Don't see how the Everton game makes any difference. Utd will still need all the points they can muster if they want CL next season.
Not making the CL is a commercial disaster for them. Many players in CL bonuses too. I don't have much hope they can nick a point, but you never know.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26002 on: April 20, 2019, 05:02:36 pm »
I hope they lose tomorrow so they'll be more driven to get a point at least on Wednesday

Useless twats
That'll mean by Ole's calculation they have to win every game including the City one? Let's see him try to throw it then
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #26003 on: April 20, 2019, 05:08:06 pm »
Tomorrow will be really interesting, here's how I see things depending on what happens:

United lose to Everton and we beat Cardiff = United are happy to throw the game vs City as they'll see it as basically over for top 4.

United draw to Everton and we beat Cardiff = United might still try a little vs City but if they go a goal down early they'll be happy to sit back and crumble)

United beat Everton and we beat Cardiff = Think it will be fairly mixed from the fans but the manager and players will go for the win knowing they could potentially then draw with Chelsea and get top 4.

We don't beat Cardiff = United will go all out to win vs City but it will effectively be over for us anyway in the mind of many.

The race for top 4 is so tight I don't believe you can possibly prioritise and particular games. Spurs and Arsenal could quite easily win all of their remaning games.  The gap is too tight for factoring in a defeat here and there.  Solskjaer said that 5 wins comment BEFORE they fucked it up against Wolves.  IMO they need to win all of their remaning games to get into 4th.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26004 on: April 20, 2019, 05:18:26 pm »
If they manage to get points against City, I will respect them for a few days. Actually make it a few hours.

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26005 on: April 20, 2019, 05:58:26 pm »
Interesting position we are in now where United can have a massive, massive part in deciding which one of their rivals wins the title.

If we are to win this title,I maintain it will be by City dropping points to United and then both ourselves and City winning our remaining games, meaning United were the ones who done us the favour. Wouldn't that be beautiful? Manchester would go in to complete meltdown.

I don't think I will have ever wanted (or ever want again) a United win as much as I will on Wednesday. Assuming we win tomorrow, the Manc derby will feel like a cup final we are playing in.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #26006 on: April 20, 2019, 06:18:48 pm »
Oh Duncan

Duncan Castles@DuncanCastles
Potential end-of-season scenario. Manchester City retain Premier League title. Manchester United secure fifth place on the final day. UEFA hands down Champions League ban to Manchester City. UEFA hands City’s Champions League place to United.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #26007 on: April 20, 2019, 06:24:04 pm »
The irony of ironies. For a fan base that whinged like nobodies business about having their feelings hurt by the perception of other fan bases being “Anyone but United” they are firmly aboard the “Anyone but Liverpool” train.  It’s strange because when they were supposedly on the other end of it it was a sign of inadequacy, and the sort of thing only small time fans got involved in.

Of all the things they smugly and patronisingly accused others of doing over two and a half decades, is there anything left that they haven’t done inside 5 years?

The about turn in Manchester football has been startling in the last few years. Not so long ago, City fans despised everything about United and their fanbase. Fast forward a few years and City have turned into Abu Dhabi and now act in the exact same way as the United they always felt they were above and who they loathed and despised with a rabid passion. Now, Abu Dhabi are just as horribly entitled, just as pompous, just as ugly and just as full of spite and bitterness as their old foes from Trafford.

On the other hand, United always lorded it and felt they were a cut above everyone else. They revelled in being hated by everyone else because it was a sign of how much they were feared, but they also used it to state just how small time the haters and ABUs were. Yet here we are today. Ferguson has gone and took his winning formula with him. The club have gone from ruthless efficiency to sacking managers left, right and centre and they have gone down the sentimental route faster than a rabbit with a fox on its tail. Not only that, they are now willing to sacrifice their own progress this season so long as it helps their hated city rivals win the title ahead of Liverpool. Imagine needing (no, begging for) snookers off your despised local rivals in this way. Their descent from grace has been absolutely spectacular, and their small time behaviour now is of Evertonian proportions.

I always looked forward to the demise of United, but I never thought it would all happen quite so fast and be quite so spectacular.

In the space of a few short years, both Manchester clubs have turned into everything they said they despised in the other.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26008 on: April 20, 2019, 06:26:38 pm »
Oh Duncan

Well in the unlikely event of UEFA banning City it’s irrelevant where they finish, isn’t it.

United are finishing 6th anyway. Unlucky.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26009 on: April 20, 2019, 06:34:55 pm »
Thread on Redcafe on whether they want to City to win. Pleasantly surprised majority want Utd to win as they know CL football is a big thing next season.

Atmosphere should be decent enough you would think.

It now comes down to the football on the pitch. City have won 5 of their last 7 games at OT. Shocking stat that.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26010 on: April 20, 2019, 06:50:22 pm »
Given the wheels have well and truly fallen off and some of the team leaving I see City winning. Smalling and Jones FFS!

Utd score early and that opens the game up but every side conceding early is demoralising.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26011 on: April 20, 2019, 06:52:43 pm »
Thread on Redcafe on whether they want to City to win. Pleasantly surprised majority want Utd to win as they know CL football is a big thing next season.

It now comes down to the football on the pitch. City have won 5 of their last 7 games at OT. Shocking stat that.
think some of them realise that bending over for city would make them look like city’s bitch, and as much as they’d hate us to win the league they wouldn’t want to be seen in that light to a club they (rightly) see as well beneath them

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26012 on: April 20, 2019, 07:06:35 pm »
Fucking love United you know. Always have. Ole’s at the wheel and I’m navigating for the next week. Mad fer it!

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #26013 on: April 20, 2019, 07:10:46 pm »
They'll get spanked.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26014 on: April 20, 2019, 07:11:13 pm »
They'll get spanked.

Where do you think I’m navigating them to?

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #26015 on: April 20, 2019, 07:16:02 pm »
Don't see how the Everton game makes any difference.

Doesn’t really cos theyve got to win all

But 1 or zero pts from the next 2 games is top 4 gone
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26016 on: April 20, 2019, 07:16:20 pm »
As long as they play the United way, no one can ask for more.

Fuck knows what that means, sounds good though.

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26017 on: April 20, 2019, 07:20:26 pm »
As long as they play the United way, no one can ask for more.

Fuck knows what that means, sounds good though.

Fuck that. We want them playing the Mourinho way, he would get a result here. Can you come back Jose? You can be one of the the big talking points of the title race! Imagine how that would stroke your ego?!

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26018 on: April 20, 2019, 07:25:48 pm »
Well in the unlikely event of UEFA banning City it’s irrelevant where they finish, isn’t it.

United are finishing 6th anyway. Unlucky.

Baldo doesn't want us winning the league
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #26019 on: April 20, 2019, 07:46:29 pm »
If they manage to get points against City, I will respect them for a few days. Actually make it a few hours.
It won’t happen.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #26020 on: April 21, 2019, 03:51:50 am »
Andy Serkiskjaer rules out major spending spree; plans long-term rebuild
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/20/solskjaer-manchester-united-rebuild-long-term-project

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26021 on: April 21, 2019, 04:16:18 am »

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26022 on: April 21, 2019, 05:54:55 am »
Glorius. They're fucked.

I actually disagree - a lot of what he said in that article I agree with....hard work, fitter, attitude, all pulling together etc....he's right, he knows what's wrong at that club, the first thing he should do is sell that selfie loving bellend Lingaard - fuck Pogba right off too....but there's two former youth team players out the door 'educated the United way'

That 'way' all Georgie best camera rolls and less substance - Fergie would have fucked them both off by now, all that prancing with no end product.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26023 on: April 21, 2019, 07:43:06 am »

I've never bought into any of this roll over for city bollocks. Yes the bitters would do it, but this lot still think they are a major player and losing at home to City and missing CL isn't something they want.
As for the players, interesting to learn that De Gea is looking at a £2 million pay cut if they miss out. With the wages they all get, then it is going to be a million each at a minimum, I would expect Solskjaer has the same clause, so anyone who thinks the players would sacrifice that kind of money to see us not win the league is delusional.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26024 on: April 21, 2019, 07:57:01 am »
I actually disagree - a lot of what he said in that article I agree with....hard work, fitter, attitude, all pulling together etc....he's right, he knows what's wrong at that club, the first thing he should do is sell that selfie loving bellend Lingaard - fuck Pogba right off too....but there's two former youth team players out the door 'educated the United way'

That 'way' all Georgie best camera rolls and less substance - Fergie would have fucked them both off by now, all that prancing with no end product.

I agree with your post but isn't that what every new manager says when they take over? a new club I'd be more concerned that they got outplayed at home to West Ham because they seemed to have no idea what they were doing whereas the opposition did.

You're right that Pogba and 'right attitude' and 'all pulling together' doesn't go however. But they'll still be desperate to keep him.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26025 on: April 21, 2019, 08:10:31 am »
I agree with your post but isn't that what every new manager says when they take over?

Not every manager does no, my suspicion is that whilst he says those things - and banging on the ole 'United way drum' he might be backing himself into a corner where hes got their squad bought into him, but has he got the bollocks to be cut throat and rip that team apart? Because thats what needs to happen and when you oust a player such as Pogba, you get divides in your squad.....unless you as a manage have a record and character the others look at and say 'yep i'm gonna follow that' - Smeagle hasn't got that...

Hell, even the 'legendary' Fergie, was almost pushed out after 4 years of no success....tenures are far shorter these days.

Mourinho was a hard nosed bellend, with an attitude that would stink up a teenagers locker room.....but he knew what needed to happen. He just went about it the wrong way, it politics, and his version of football is fucking shit, which never helped him.

They will be in the woods for at least 2 or 3 seasons....best thing they could do is employ a DOF to conduct an overhaul behind managers coming and going
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 08:12:54 am by A-Bomb »

Offline toe punt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #26026 on: April 21, 2019, 08:11:32 am »
We need Pogba and Rashford to have big games midweek as they’re the only players they’ve got with the quality to hurt City. Other than that if the likes of Jones and Ashley Young line up in defence we’re fucked. That shite house Herrera being fit would make a difference.

I don’t expect United to roll over but they are just not very good. If they survive the first 20 minutes they might get something though.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26027 on: April 21, 2019, 08:17:18 am »
but has he got the bollocks to be cut throat and rip that team apart?

I think the answer to that one is no. He still seems to be in thrall to Ferguson and 'United DNA' rather than doing things his own way to try and get better. It worked for a while simply because he wasn't Mourinho but that looks like it's worn off.

I will however be hoping some of that old magic (namely dodgy refereeing decisions going their way) on Wednesday.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #26028 on: April 21, 2019, 09:04:22 am »
He’s too scared to park in Fergies parking spot so the likliehood of taking on Pogba is slight.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #26029 on: April 21, 2019, 09:24:43 am »
I've never bought into any of this roll over for city bollocks. Yes the bitters would do it, but this lot still think they are a major player and losing at home to City and missing CL isn't something they want.
As for the players, interesting to learn that De Gea is looking at a £2 million pay cut if they miss out. With the wages they all get, then it is going to be a million each at a minimum, I would expect Solskjaer has the same clause, so anyone who thinks the players would sacrifice that kind of money to see us not win the league is delusional.

Perhaps you should have another look mate.

I'd say the majority want to lose today so that losing on Wednesday 'doesn't matter'.

Going to be massively toxic at Old Trafford for any Manchester United player that 'helps the scousers' - can see a few punch ups as their fans disagree.

Of course, it's moot as they are honestly the worst Manchester United side since probably the mid 70s. They haven't got a chance in hell to even draw with City.

But nice to see their fans more than approving of their plunge to self-determined mediocrity.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26030 on: April 21, 2019, 09:33:32 am »
It only seemed like yesterday their fans were fully convinced Oleh was the Second Coming. Great memories.

Anyway, they're only delaying the inevitable by all this talk of throwing games against their local rivals. We're winning the league multiple times over the next few seasons, they may as well let us have this one, get it over and done with.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26031 on: April 21, 2019, 09:46:21 am »
Perhaps you should have another look mate.

I'd say the majority want to lose today so that losing on Wednesday 'doesn't matter'.

Going to be massively toxic at Old Trafford for any Manchester United player that 'helps the scousers' - can see a few punch ups as their fans disagree.

Of course, it's moot as they are honestly the worst Manchester United side since probably the mid 70s. They haven't got a chance in hell to even draw with City.

But nice to see their fans more than approving of their plunge to self-determined mediocrity.

I'm basing it on people I know and work and live amongst, family, friends, colleagues not some knobs on a forum from Cornwall. They are torn, I'll admit that, it's a case of wanting to beat City but us not win the league, but fucking themselves up isn't something they can accept.

They will get murdered on Wednesday anyway, I'm looking to Burnley and Leicester to do us a favour.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #26032 on: April 21, 2019, 10:27:57 am »
I think part of the problem with the recent gist of the thread is us caring what the United fans think. Truth is, they barely matter for Wednesday. Surely this has to be the biggest game of the season for the United players?. Even the ones with an eye on Spain or PSG have to play good enough for the shop window. Barcelona are better than City, but there must be lessons to learn from that game for the Utd coaching staff (read Phelan) and key players. Their team will want this win big time, and City came away from the Spuds match looking knackered.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #26033 on: April 21, 2019, 10:40:26 am »
Andy Serkiskjaer rules out major spending spree; plans long-term rebuild
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/20/solskjaer-manchester-united-rebuild-long-term-project
Marvellous.  Yet another long term project.  That’s the fourth since mr Ferguson left.

No plan, no philosophy.  Brilliant news.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26034 on: April 21, 2019, 10:51:33 am »
I think part of the problem with the recent gist of the thread is us caring what the United fans think. Truth is, they barely matter for Wednesday. Surely this has to be the biggest game of the season for the United players?. Even the ones with an eye on Spain or PSG have to play good enough for the shop window. Barcelona are better than City, but there must be lessons to learn from that game for the Utd coaching staff (read Phelan) and key players. Their team will want this win big time, and City came away from the Spuds match looking knackered.

Messi aside, I'm not sure they are((or us, for that matter). Of course, Messi is that good he makes the difference.

What it comes down to is how much United are up for it. They will need to play out of their skins as City are a level above them. They have at least a 35% chance of getting something. Not ideal, but its reasonable.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #26035 on: April 21, 2019, 10:58:11 am »
I'm basing it on people I know and work and live amongst, family, friends, colleagues not some knobs on a forum from Cornwall. They are torn, I'll admit that, it's a case of wanting to beat City but us not win the league, but fucking themselves up isn't something they can accept.

They will get murdered on Wednesday anyway, I'm looking to Burnley and Leicester to do us a favour.

I don't think they will. I know their record against the top team is shit but if they can bring City down to their level then they can get something.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26036 on: April 21, 2019, 11:20:05 am »
No way will I watch the game. Updates on the phone will suffice at best.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #26037 on: April 21, 2019, 11:48:42 am »
I’ve got visions of them blowing over £150m on Bale,Rice and Trippier. They will be 6th come December and manager less again after sacking that guy who’s name I can’t spell or be arsed too google  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #26038 on: April 21, 2019, 11:51:26 am »
The funniest thing will be to see them try to flog their shite - the likes of Lukaku & Sanchez who were bought for big money / big wages. I can’t see anyone coming in with decent offers and certainly not offering anywhere near what they paid or are paying them wage wise.

Could end up in a position of being forced to keep them or give them big payoffs.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #26039 on: April 21, 2019, 12:00:42 pm »
The funniest thing will be to see them try to flog their shite - the likes of Lukaku & Sanchez who were bought for big money / big wages. I can’t see anyone coming in with decent offers and certainly not offering anywhere near what they paid or are paying them wage wise.

Could end up in a position of being forced to keep them or give them big payoffs.

Or subsidize their salaries like they did with Rooney when they sold him to the Ev.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.