Author Topic: Girl in River Mersey earlier today.  (Read 6404 times)

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
Re: Girl in River Mersey earlier today.
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2021, 05:01:45 pm »
The Eastham discussion is worth having on its own so I've split it off and moved it to Liverpool life. Let me know if you think it should be somewhere else.

Oh I dunno - what was it The Anfied Wrap called it?  Was it Pleasure or Paradise Peninsular?   So one of those plus life  :P ;D
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2021, 06:15:10 pm »
That video is really scary to look at - thank God those people heard her cries and threw the life rings out to her......otherwise ?

Great work by the rescuers too and timely - and, I have to say, the guy filming it with his concerned commentary....and finding her mobile phone literally inches from the wall edge !

The Mersey should never be under estimated - I always remember as a small kid getting stuck in the mud near the Cazzy and my older brother screaming at me, as the tide was coming in......and it moved extremely fast. He managed to grab me and pull me out before the both us were swallowed up ! Taught me to hugely respect the river after that.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2021, 06:17:47 pm »
Any news on how she is doing since the rescue?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2021, 06:53:46 pm »
I've not heard anything. I don't think the Echo picked up on the story either, which is a surprise.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2021, 07:05:55 pm »
I've not heard anything. I don't think the Echo picked up on the story either, which is a surprise.

Yeah was looking for it in the echo myself earlier and couldn't see anything.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2021, 07:06:09 pm »
Yeah, I noticed that - just been looking on the Echo site after Rob posted, but there doesn't appear to be anything.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2021, 07:17:08 pm »
This is a separate incident which happened yesterday and it's by coincidence I came across it as I was looking for something about the original one in this thread.  https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/19291880.teenagers-rescued-alfred-dock-alcohol-prank-mishap/

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2021, 07:22:35 pm »
This is a separate incident which happened yesterday and it's by coincidence I came across it as I was looking for something about the original one in this thread.  https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/19291880.teenagers-rescued-alfred-dock-alcohol-prank-mishap/

Fucking idiots.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2021, 07:33:10 pm »
Fucking idiots.
This is the world we live in now, arseholes putting their own and others lives in danger for a fucking selfie to put on social media.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2021, 07:50:14 pm »
Fucking idiots.

I told a bunch of teenagers to get off the disused wooden dock by where the second cruise liner dock is going to go at the weekend.

They’d jumped the fence and were messing about on some proper dodgy old wood which is not strong at all. The tide was on the way out and it gets really rough under that dock so they’d have stood no chance if they fell in.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2021, 08:02:10 pm »
There was also a story in the Echo recently of some utter bellends, who kicked a pensioner into the river at Warrington.......utter slimeballs.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2021, 08:36:19 pm »
I must admit, I did watch that until the end. I was waiting for someone to jump in and be that guy…

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2021, 01:09:47 pm »
There was also a story in the Echo recently of some utter bellends, who kicked a pensioner into the river at Warrington.......utter slimeballs.

And these feral scum the other day (this is in Dublin)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fdmHCgVjnaM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fdmHCgVjnaM</a>

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2021, 04:54:51 pm »

And these feral scum the other day (this is in Dublin)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fdmHCgVjnaM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fdmHCgVjnaM</a>

fucking christ i get a panic attack just watching that
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2021, 06:13:32 pm »
The Echo have finally done a story. Appalling grammar as usual however, and no mention of how she's doing, it's just based on the video.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/terrifying-footage-drowning-woman-being-20572956
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2021, 06:26:14 pm »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2021, 06:34:11 pm »
Take it easy Johnny Wye-ayesmuller.

Yes, you did good. Well done, Nick. :P

I think, maybe, most of the readers here probably did not understand the reference (too young).
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2021, 06:39:04 pm »

Yes, you did good. Well done, Nick. :P

I think, maybe, most of the readers here probably did not understand the reference (too young).

If people don’t know about 1920s Olympians, that’s their issue, not mine. :D

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2021, 06:40:24 pm »
And to be fair to you, it was a cracking pun. ;)
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2021, 06:48:19 pm »
The original Tarzan ??

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2021, 07:09:20 pm »
The original Tarzan ??

Why's Muller retiring? Should have a good few years left. Plenty of tyne to go...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2021, 07:18:18 pm »
The original Tarzan ??
Indeed. You will understand that I do not actually remember Johnny Weissmuller. It is just that his Tarzan films were still shown regularly on TV when I was growing up. :)

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2021, 07:31:59 pm »
Indeed. You will understand that I do not actually remember Johnny Weissmuller. It is just that his Tarzan films were still shown regularly on TV when I was growing up. :)
Yeah, I remember the telly films.......weren't some on Sat morning flicks too ?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2021, 07:35:15 pm »
Yeah, I remember the telly films.......weren't some on Sat morning flicks too ?
I think you are probably correct about that (if early to mid 70s). I certainly seem to remember old black and white films being shown at the local cinema (but I have no idea of the titles).

Edit: just looked up when the local cinema closed - early 70s. I was even younger than I realised. I used to go there with my two even younger siblings - by ourselves. My, how things have changed.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 07:40:39 pm by Jiminy Cricket »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2021, 07:48:36 pm »

I remember them well.  Never knew the actor's name though, only that he was a former Olympian.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2021, 08:23:20 pm »
I think you are probably correct about that (if early to mid 70s). I certainly seem to remember old black and white films being shown at the local cinema (but I have no idea of the titles).

Edit: just looked up when the local cinema closed - early 70s. I was even younger than I realised. I used to go there with my two even younger siblings - by ourselves. My, how things have changed.
I was meaning more early '60s.....but, hey who's counting !   ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2021, 09:49:34 pm »
The Echo have finally done a story. Appalling grammar as usual however, and no mention of how she's doing, it's just based on the video.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/terrifying-footage-drowning-woman-being-20572956
Yes, I just came in to post this. It certainly took them long enough to get the story.

I was hoping they'd at least investigated to see how she was doing, but no.

Good to know the rescue boat was there within a minute of getting the call.

I'm with you on Echo grammar. I know my own isn't brilliant, but they get paid to write, I don't.

Nice to know our river is now called the River M.ersey.   ::)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2021, 08:19:22 am »

Outstanding journalism
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season