Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 94000 times)

Offline Gus the teenage cow

• "Yeah but not but yeah but no but yeah, roight?"
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
Re: Goodbye Aurelio
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2010, 11:29:43 pm »
Adeus, you little man made out of twiggs and chewy.

Thank you for that goal at the toilet last year, I'll never forget them finger points to the sky.

Break a leg.

a bit harsh mate, he's already had plenty of injury problems but I can understand the sentiment that you don't want other clubs to benefit from his sweet left peg...however if he goes to some midtable belgian club or something like that then let bygones be bygones eh and show the grace to wish the lad well

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2010, 11:30:28 pm »
Would have been a 3rd Champions League final had he not been injured.  Great player.  Sad to see him go, albeit can understand why.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2010, 11:30:55 pm »
No doubting the lads ability, shame about the injuries.

Shame really, story of Liverpool FC over the last 20 years.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2010, 11:33:08 pm »
a bit harsh mate, he's already had plenty of injury problems but I can understand the sentiment that you don't want other clubs to benefit from his sweet left peg...however if he goes to some midtable belgian club or something like that then let bygones be bygones eh and show the grace to wish the lad well
Gus you big divvy, you obviously aren't aware of that old theatrical good luck saying then, whilst adding a bit of irony to his injury situation.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2010, 11:49:25 pm »
Lots and lots of potential, sadly his body is made of glass :(
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2010, 11:55:14 pm »
He's a big game player, and a set piece wonder.  He's just injured too much to have a normal contract.  At some point it becomes a waste of money.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2010, 12:00:12 am »
His face was priceless after his Man Utd goal, he didn;t have a clue how to celebrate ;D

Brilliant player, if he had the fitness of Evra, he'd be one of the best in the world

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2010, 12:10:01 am »
Wish him well. One of our better free transfers on the basis that at least he could play when he was fit.

Unfortunately just too injury prone to be relied upon as a senior player which is what is needed with Insua at left back. Ideally, one more year from him where he was reasonably fit before young Robinson comes in as back up to Insua. Whether we can get away with using our best centre half there I'm not sure.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2010, 12:13:34 am »
 I reallly liked Fabio I did  :(

Gutted he is going, couple amazing goals and usually sound defensively and on set pieces.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2010, 12:18:15 am »
Pity about all the injuries - a really good player. If he was fit, he'd have been the mainstay of the defence for us and probably even Brazil.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline scotkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2010, 12:34:59 am »
Rude to turn down a pay as you play deal to be honest, esp as he has been injured for the past 345 years, the fella owes us to be fair.
Agreed!

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2010, 12:40:37 am »
Cant believe it. He was one of the keepers I thought

Get in. Look at their horrible cunting faces behind. Have that you lepers
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2010, 12:45:54 am »

doesn't fancy a pay as you play which is all we can offer him since he is made of glass
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2010, 12:51:30 am »
A week of mourning is about to take place in the Sempre and D households.

:(

More like a month

As somebody else once said, he was made of glass, but it was Venetian glass

A very good player who really improved our team whenever he stayed fit long enough to have a run in the team

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2010, 12:52:02 am »

Get in. Look at their horrible cunting faces behind. Have that you lepers

That cheered me up. Love Stevie and Carra's grins.

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2010, 01:22:54 am »
Shame if this has been confirmed now, though we talked about him rejecting the contract 4-6 weeks ago. I guess if he isn't willing to meet halfway, we have to think of ourselves and look to bring in someone new.

Everytime Fabio looked like he was getting into form he would get injured which pretty much sums up his time year, but I guess we knew the score when he came, and we should be grateful for the what he did achieve here.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Pissin all over the world

• Main Stander
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2010, 01:45:56 am »
Sorry to see him go, without the injuries would have been our first choice left back for years to come. Hope his injuries buck up and he can find a decent club for next season.
SITTIN ON THE DOCK OF THE BAY LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADD!!!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2010, 03:27:26 am »
An exceptional footballer.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2010, 03:39:46 am »
Very good player, but only for the 10 games a season that he can be fit, so not liverpool standard i'm sorry to say. I'm not belittling his skill or his experience, both of which he has in abundance and if we could get 30 games a year out of him, i'd want a better contract offered, but as it stands his fitness is a joke. We need a solid, experienced LB to challenge Insua week in, and week out.

I hope he can go somewhere and see out the rest of his career, but we've needed him this season and he hasn't been available so i'm not shedding any tears. Harsh i know, but these are harsh times.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline KULPete

• Main Stander
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2010, 04:11:38 am »
The day he scored from the free kick at the Toilet, that was a great day.  Thanks for the memory Fabio....
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 04:26:49 am by KULPete »

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2010, 04:38:39 am »
Very good player, but only for the 10 games a season that he can be fit, so not liverpool standard i'm sorry to say. I'm not belittling his skill or his experience, both of which he has in abundance and if we could get 30 games a year out of him, i'd want a better contract offered, but as it stands his fitness is a joke. We need a solid, experienced LB to challenge Insua week in, and week out.

His appearance record according to wiki:

2006–07:    17 (prem)      24 (total)    
2007–08:    16                29    
2008–09:    24                33    
2009–10:    14               21

I would've given him a new contract for a couple years.  He's our best free-kick taker and a very solid defender, not bad at getting forward either.  He's obviously got his fitness problems, he doesn't manage much more than 25 to 30 games a season even going back to his Valencia days but that's why teams usually have 2 players for every position.

Offline GoldenAgger

• Anny Roader
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2010, 04:41:39 am »
See ya later fella.  Thanks for the efforts. 

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2010, 04:53:39 am »
Goodbye Fab Fabio. Thanks for everything.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Rafas Christmas Coats

• doesn't have the X Factor
  • Kopite
  • May have been jackets!
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2010, 05:51:52 am »

Nah, left back.

Always liked him, would almost always perform if he could muster a run of 3 games in the side..
Like every other knobhead, I have a twitter account. twitter.com/guibuttersnaps

Offline kopilot

• Kopite
  • far east
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2010, 06:16:30 am »
pity he's injury prone..would have been great player for at least next a couple of years...his composure and crosses are one of the best. Heard a few weeks ago that AC Milan want him under Bosman rule.

Oh, and he made the golden glove co-winner looks stupid.

;D

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 06:21:32 am by kopilot »

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2010, 06:34:02 am »
Brilliant player. Unfortunately too injury prone.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2010, 06:42:44 am »
Nothing confirmed yet I see, but been on the cards for a while now, so remain gutted naturally. Always been freakishly unlucky with injuries (less permacrock, more Venetian glass) and therefore always prone to missing tracts of a season, but as someone said, that's why you have a squad. Was a Bosman so really don't see what was to lose by offering him a 1-year rolling contract rather than a PAYP (more appropriate for a 32-year old nostalgia buy like Fowler). Law of averages says we'd have got approx 30 games from him next season like we did last season. Wages? What, when we unadulterated shite like Degen, El Zhar and Itandje stuck on the payroll?

However you dismiss him (that false 10 games a season shite), Fabio oozed quality, an exquisite striker of the ball (rarity in our squad), a Rafa loyalist, and the last player in the squad with title-winning experience (two La Ligas). People naturally highlight his freekick against the Mancs, but forget he also had Ronaldo in his pocket all afternoon. The CL Chelsea FK was something else, inspired, no wonder he pointed to the heavens and his dad (killed in a car crash a few years back). And I'll also never forget the sight of him in the San Siro, intercepting a miscontrolled Inter pass, bursting forward down the wing and hitting a pinpoint peach of a pass into Nando who turned and *bang*.

Make no mistake, like with Sami and Leverkusen last summer, our loss is Olimpiacos' gain.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline kopilot

• Kopite
  • far east
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2010, 06:45:17 am »
Make no mistake, like with Sami and Leverkusen last summer, our loss is Olimpiacos' gain.

confirmed to Olympiacos?

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2010, 06:52:56 am »
Law of averages says we'd have got approx 30 games from him next season like we did last season. Wages? What, when we unadulterated shite like Degen, El Zhar and Itandje stuck on the payroll?

That's a great point.  Even if we only got 21 games out of him next season (his lowest total for us so far), he's gonna make more of a contribution in those 21 than Degan, El Zhar and Itandje combined.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2010, 06:58:38 am »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2010, 07:02:26 am »
confirmed to Olympiacos?
Not AFAIK, just seems to be the most likely given reports. Wouldn't be surprised if he has more than a couple of offers to choose from though.

Offline scottishkop

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2010, 07:12:16 am »
Cracking player, he'll be missed at Anfield.  Hope he does well wherever he goes.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2010, 07:13:11 am »
Good player. Will be sad to see him go, but we always knew he was an injury liability. Reckon he could have stuck around for another year or two

to get paid for going to the physio? an absolute class act when fit for any length of time. unfortunately that was far to infrequent. last two big injuries have been playin with kids and a snapped achilles standing nowhere near anyone against PSV. also missed out on a brasil call up this season with injury - just unlucky.

best of luck fabio.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:15:44 am by lamonti »

Offline OrangeMochaFraps

• Legacy Fan
  • Interesting. No, wait, the other thing: tedious.
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2010, 07:16:28 am »
I feel the same about him leaving as I did about Arbeloa.  Sad but not devestated.

Good player; always class and had some truly magical moments.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2010, 07:23:40 am »
Decent player, but no more than that in my eyes. Good luck to him, but I don't think he will be particularly missed.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2010, 07:30:52 am »
Technically excellent, physically pathetic.

Shame, really.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline ThisIsMickey

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2010, 08:27:02 am »
Shame. He could've waited for the new doctor to work on his problems. An exceptional player when he's fit.
"100% of the shots you don't take don't go in"

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2010, 08:29:21 am »
Shame. He could've waited for the new doctor to work on his problems.
What, without a proper contract? Incidentally, those slating him for being cheeky/disloyal in refusing a PAYP ought to know that he didn't push for a new contract last summer (after a great season) whilst Rafa was sorting his own, but unlike others in a similar contractual boat (Kuyt etc.) was inexplicably never offered an extension once all that was done. Then got injured on holiday and that was that.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:35:56 am by rossipersempre »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2010, 08:48:39 am »
I had hoped that the Aussie dr was here to keep good players like Fabio on the books, instead of Waller's 'throw a paracetamol' haphazard approach.

Online Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2010, 08:49:29 am »
Cracking player, I'd give him another season if I could.

All the best Fabio lad, and thanks for all the memories.

@Yvanicuzz