Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by cptrios on Today at 04:23:00 pm »
If we were briefing the press against Nunez, why the hell would we bring Nkunku into it? I could understand "we wanted Haaland" or even "we wanted Isak," but Nkunku? Is there some hidden evidence that I don't know about to prove that he'd have worked out better than Darwin?

I don't think anyone's being briefed. As has already been said, it's in Pep's freaking book.
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by Black Bull Nova on Today at 04:22:57 pm »
None of their fans under 35 will remember seeing their side lift a trophy.

There will be people who are now 'adults' in that crowd who will never have had the experience of beating us and seeing it at Goodison without being young enough to be thrown on the pitch when it happened.
I would hope these 4 would still be here.

Quansah
Bradley
Elliott
Trent

I think Jones too.
Is he as quick as Salah was?

Nah, not many are, but he's quicker than Salah is now. He's definitely got enough acceleration and skill to beat a man in a tight area, not sure he's got the pace Salah had.
Orny on his podcast.

There are no signs that a dramatic revolution is on the way for Liverpool - more likely, a smart and necessary revolution.

[@David_Ornstein]
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by Jayo10 on Today at 04:21:42 pm »
Some people need to take a long look at themselves.

And I only read about 15 posts.

Get a fucking grip will you.

How fucking predictable
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Men in Suits behind the scenes
« Last post by Samie on Today at 04:21:30 pm »
Orny on his podcast.

There are no signs that a dramatic revolution is on the way for Liverpool - more likely, a smart and necessary revolution.

[@David_Ornstein]

1982 - Ian Rush added to a brace from Ronnie Whelan as we won 3-2 at Southampton with Joe Fagan taking charge of the reds in the absence of Bob Paisley through illness. Ex-red Kevin Keegan scored from the spot, his only goal against the reds, with Mick Channon bagging one of his seven goals past us.

1985 - Mark Lawrenson grabbed the only goal of the game in Greece to knock Panathinaikos out 5-0 on aggregate, as we reached our fifth European Cup Final in nine years.

1997 - Our 2-0 defeat of Paris Saint-Germain in the European Cup Winners’ Cup at Anfield was not enough to overcome a three goal first-leg deficit. Robbie Fowler and Mark Wright netted our goals. Robbie’s strike was his seventh in the competition, a club record.

1999 – Sean Dundee featured for the reds for the fifth and last time as we won 3-1 at Blackburn Rovers, with Steve McManaman, Jamie Redknapp and Øyvind Leonhardsen all on target in the first half before Damien Duff pulled a goal back after an hour.

2004 - Danny Murphy scored the only goal for the third time in four League meetings at Old Trafford, this time from the penalty spot after Gary Neville brought down Steven Gerrard. This was Stéphane Henchoz’s 200th reds game, John Arne Riise’s hundredth League game for us, and Bruno Cheyrou’s 48th and final reds appearance, after he came off the bench to replace Harry Kewell.

2018 – Mohamed Salah scored in his seventh consecutive reds game, netting twice past future reds keeper Alisson Becker before the break as we beat his former club Roma 5-2 in the first leg of our UEFA Champions League Semi-final. Sadio Mané also scored before Roberto Firmino added a brace to reach fifty goals for the reds. However, the visitors pulled two late goals back through one of Edin Džeko’s five goals past us to date and a Diego Perotti spot-kick. Sadly, the night was spoiled by an injury to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain that kept him out of action for a full year.

2021 – Mohamed Salah gave us an early lead over Newcastle United behind closed doors at Anfield, but Joe Willock scored a stoppage-time equaliser after the Geordies had had a last-minute leveller already ruled out.

2022 We beat Everton 2-0 at Anfield with Andy Robertson headed in the opener after an hour. Divock Origi nodded in his eleventh Premier League goal from off the bench, a club record. This was his 41st and final strike for the club, six of which had come against the Blues.

1982- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rRyn5DYV5I I think the Whelan goals are here from 45:40

1985- our last european goal for 6 years

1997- We were horrific in the first leg but we absolutely battered them that night and nearly pulled it back, first leg capitulation killed us, plus in the first leg Steve McManaman controversially had a goal ruled out. Mind you it just saved us losing to Barcelona in the final

1999- Cracking goal from Redknapp

2004- A rare time these days (if you can call 20 years ago these days) that we played them on a saturday at 3 pm. I have read rumours that Houllier planned to play Bruno Cheyrou but consulted Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher first who advised him how to alter the team, if true it is a sad way to show how he was losing his way.

2018- Ox was out for about a year, and of course it was same night Sean Cox was sickeningly assaulted outside the ground. On the pitch we were in cruise control but conceding two late goals kept Roma in it

2021- Remember it was the day after I got my first vaccine, was absolutely wiped, just as I went to take my son to the beach the tiredness hit me, spent the afternoon in bed.

2022- A great way to end the game, frustration all the way through but we pulled it out of the bag, there was a hilarious moment when Jordan Pickford dropped to the ground to waste time and openly laughed in the Everton goal in the first half, once Liverpool had won Alisson Becker responded by doing the same, the loudest cheer of the day.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Men in Suits behind the scenes
« Last post by Lochgelly Violet on Today at 04:21:03 pm »
I have no idea if Edwards was involved with hiring Rodgers (I don't believe he had a leadership role at the time), but I recall we were reported to have a long list of managers who turned down the opportunity to speak to us because the club was in a bit of mess from top to bottom (Ancelotti, van Gaal, Klopp, de Boer, etc) In the end it boiled down to Rodgers and Roberto Martínez!

We were very close to appointing Van Gaal as DoF, weren't we? All fell through when Brendan refused to work under that structure.
Those player threads are really bad.  Anyone would think we're really shite and it's the end of days.

I know it didn't turn out like we would have hoped, being 2 points clear, with 8 games to go.  But, still.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10