Author Topic: "Blood on the streets"  (Read 5700 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
"Blood on the streets"
« on: March 15, 2019, 09:36:58 am »
I've been seeing this phrase more and more often in response to Brexit where rabid far-right Brexit loonies are stamping their feet and saying if they don't get their way there will be "Blood on the streets" and the like.

Obviously these people look like they have mental issues, but where is this coming from? What grown person would be posting things like this on Facebook/Twitter when they are endorsing rioting, criminal acts, violence and perhaps murder?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: "Blood on the streets"
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 09:51:40 am »
I've been seeing this phrase more and more often in response to Brexit where rabid far-right Brexit loonies are stamping their feet and saying if they don't get their way there will be "Blood on the streets" and the like.

Obviously these people look like they have mental issues, but where is this coming from? What grown person would be posting things like this on Facebook/Twitter when they are endorsing rioting, criminal acts, violence and perhaps murder?
I said to Paul last night that there'll be a civil war because of Brexit.  The divisions are growing, the hatred no longer hidden or kept behind closed doors, its brazen now.

I unfortunately live in South Yorkshire and I'm ashamed at the amount of racism I'm hearing and witnessing on a daily basis.  I'm almost scared to speak out now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 09:55:04 am »
There won't be a 'civil war' because of "brexit". We don't do civil disobedience in the UK anymore. Strictly, stupid cooking programmes, soap-operas, beer, social media etc are all people really care about.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 10:05:33 am »
I actually said this to a mate at work last week, not as a threat or call-to-arms, but as a genuine fear. There are so many ignorant people out there it is genuinely frightening.

What really grates is that the far-right appear to be using Brexit as a tool to condemn other unassociated issues. As Debs correctly says, there is so much racism it is sickening. And not just aimed at those they consider a terrorist threat but people from other EU countries. The total irony is that they often quote the Second World War as some form of barometer with which to gauge how Britain can stand alone, without realising that the very people they are so against are the same ones who stood by our side during that period.

What worries me is who is behind these people? I doubt very much that Darren from Oldham has the brains to orchestrate an uprising. Tommy Robinson is just a mouth-piece but for who?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 10:18:14 am »
I'm not sure anyone is "leading" it as such Jed, maybe someone will see an opportunity and take the lead if it's not squashed first.

It's been more a drip, drip effect started by the likes of Frottage, Robinson etc who planted the seeds, fed and watered it in the guise of Brexit then stood back to see how much "support" there was.

It's the brazenness of it now, like because of Brexit it's ok to say what you think in open conversation.

It's getting scary.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 10:30:17 am »
What civil war are the 60 year olds actually going to be able to muster. Nothing of any significance will happen. We are not the French or Italians.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 10:30:22 am »
It's the brazenness of it now, like because of Brexit it's ok to say what you think in open conversation.
I know what you mean, but that’s a terrifying way of putting it.  The problem is people thinking this stuff, not that they’re saying it out loud.  A society can’t rely on self-suppression to sort it out, you have to take on the ideas directly.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 10:35:08 am »
We've had 30/40 years of the right-wing media's propaganda war to portray the EU and immigration in general as the cause of all Britain's ills. People say they take no notice of the media, but countless studies demonstrate that it does have an impact.

As wealth inequality has surged since the 80s, the job sector has transformed towards the McJob culture meaning there's fewer and fewer decent-paying opportunities for especially for the 'D demographic'. The result is anger and bitterness, amplified by a consumer culture that bombards with messages of you not having a worthwhile existence if you don't have a great car/super house/designer clothes/expensive perfume/exotic holidays.

They're easy pickings for a loose collective elite of right-wingers, misty-eyed nationalists, and those who'd financially benefit from being outside the EU (especially to escape increasingly effective EU tax & money laundering regulations)

But I do think talk of civil insurrection if Brexit doesn't happen is scaremongering hyperbole, primarily designed to influence public opinion away from wanting to stop Brexit.

Saying that, I think I'd get some ironic pleasure in cheering on riot-geared Plod as they knock the heads of the sort of gammon wanker who would cheer on the police when striking miners or protesting students were getting the shit kicked out of them.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 10:38:32 am »
What civil war are the 60 year olds actually going to be able to muster. Nothing of any significance will happen. We are not the French or Italians.

Exactly. We are in general a bunch of subservient sheep.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 10:55:11 am »
I dont get the reference to 60yr olds?

As far as I'm aware racism doesn't have an age restriction and the vast majority of the racism I'm experiencing is coming from a much younger demographic.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 10:58:42 am »
I know what you mean, but that’s a terrifying way of putting it.  The problem is people thinking this stuff, not that they’re saying it out loud.  A society can’t rely on self-suppression to sort it out, you have to take on the ideas directly.
How do you though when it's pretty much a 50/50 split?

This isn't a minority raising its ugly head, the country is evenly split on pretty much everything and the divisions are growing.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 10:59:02 am »

As far as I'm aware racism doesn't have an age restriction and the vast majority of the racism I'm experiencing is coming from a much younger demographic.

correct its this bogus illusion that all the xenophobes who support brexit must be silver surfers. The problem is far deeper that that in this country and covers all ages and the  bigotry gets passed down from generation to generation.

A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 10:59:43 am »

I think the point is that the “betrayed” narrative is coming from the Leave contingent, who are predominantly the 55 and over brigade (considering the polling for 18-35 regularly polls in favour of Remain in the mid-70s) so the notion that pensioners will be on the streets causing mayhem is laughable.

They’ll be a handful of incidents involving younger lads whipped up by that midget, fascist c*nt Yaxley-Lennon and the yellow vest mouthbreathers but fuck all major social unrest will happen. All the talk of “millions on the streets” is bollocks.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:05:42 am by OneTouchFooty »

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 11:02:47 am »
Strictly, stupid cooking programmes, soap-operas, beer, social media etc are all people really care about.
Not all people.

I care about none of those things    :)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2019, 11:14:55 am »
We are living in dark times.  And they're getting darker.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 11:32:20 am »
correct its this bogus illusion that all the xenophobes who support brexit must be silver surfers. The problem is far deeper that that in this country and covers all ages and the  bigotry gets passed down from generation to generation.

Hear, hear.

If some of the generalised prejudicial comments on here about older voters were made about any other groups in the country there would be outrage.

You don't become a racist when you pass sixty.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 12:01:19 pm »
Where I live its predominantly a younger demographic stirring racial shit and who pushed for Brexit.

Maybe other parts of the UK it's different.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 12:02:23 pm »
Certainly is where I am.

Online Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 12:17:14 pm »

You also don't become racist just because you voted Brexit.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 12:33:38 pm »

Agreed.

You don't "become"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 12:53:54 pm »

lol yeah right.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 12:58:26 pm »

True. They were racists long before they decided to vote for Brexit.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 01:09:23 pm »
No one is saying all 55+ year olds are racists, or voted Brexit. I understand its easy to become defensive if you are in that age group and it can seem that way. All evidence says that the majority of Brexit voters are in that age group, that is all people are saying.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 01:30:53 pm »
There won't be a 'civil war' because of "brexit". We don't do civil disobedience in the UK anymore. Strictly, stupid cooking programmes, soap-operas, beer, social media etc are all people really care about.

That's so true. Britain is too divided and apathetic to really stand up for anything anymore.

Even the last riots in this country had no real motive other than recreational destruction and the looting of designer goods.

This country has sat on its arse and watched the Tories dismantle it and has done absolutely nothing about it at all. We're all too busy squabbling with each other on social media.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 01:43:25 pm »
The Second Coming
W. B. Yeats, 1865 - 1939

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Used to think this was a relic of the past, but it's becoming more and more timely.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2019, 01:51:25 pm »
Hear, hear.

If some of the generalised prejudicial comments on here about older voters were made about any other groups in the country there would be outrage.

Its the youth and younger adults that cause the greatest damage. If there has to be civil war then it would be them who cause the trouble.

People can deny it but the majority of those over 55 who vote decided to vote for Brexit. Thus they are the biggest constituency.

However, the problem for the likes of Frottage is that constituencies like that dont do mass protest or civil war. Therefore the idea that we will have a civil war because Brexit is denied is laughable.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 02:25:16 pm »
Is it possible that those opposed to Brexit will sit back and allow the gloating and further persecution of non white/non British communities to continue a pace?

Can you really see the recent spate of attacks, verbal and physical, disappear?

I can only see it getting worse.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2019, 02:41:56 pm »
I said to Paul last night that there'll be a civil war because of Brexit.  The divisions are growing, the hatred no longer hidden or kept behind closed doors, its brazen now.

I unfortunately live in South Yorkshire and I'm ashamed at the amount of racism I'm hearing and witnessing on a daily basis.  I'm almost scared to speak out now.

Quite the opposite, these self promoting racist pricks are emboldened because they simply aren't challenged in any meaningful way

People tut tutting on Facebook won't chase them away anytime soon
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 04:03:01 pm by Bangin Them In »
A win for the Liverpool country

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 02:50:29 pm »
Brexit enabled the racists and the thugs. is it any surprise to see Tommy Robinson on the scene now.
Nasty horrible people with a political argument to be nasty and horrible.
Our politicians don't fear blood on the streets, they will stamp that out no problem.
They fear loosing their seats. they fear having to face nasty horrible thugs like this ba... below
https://twitter.com/Cornwall4EU/status/1106529909860696064
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2019, 03:04:23 pm »
The total irony is that they often quote the Second World War as some form of barometer

Bloody Poles, coming over here, flying our fighter planes, stealing jobs from British pilots.   

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2019, 03:21:39 pm »
Brexit enabled the racists and the thugs. is it any surprise to see Tommy Robinson on the scene now.
Nasty horrible people with a political argument to be nasty and horrible.
Our politicians don't fear blood on the streets, they will stamp that out no problem.
They fear loosing their seats. they fear having to face nasty horrible thugs like this ba... below
https://twitter.com/Cornwall4EU/status/1106529909860696064

Hope he does go on a riot, I'd love to see the plod kicking fuck out of him.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2019, 03:24:34 pm »
Hope he does go on a riot, I'd love to see the plod kicking fuck out of him.
Wouldn't mind seeing it myself. deliberately trying to provoke a reaction from the peaceful remain protest. all the thugs lined up ready to pile in if they started pushing him away.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2019, 03:29:16 pm »
The Leave vote was bought by crooks, tax cheats, & the Russian State, - who don’t want Britain to have to implement the EU’s transpaency laws. London remains the money laundering capital of the world, and half of London is owned by drug barrons, gun runners, the Russian Mafia/Putin, and numerous shady Yanks. Staying in the EU would imperil their loot, so investing Leave campaign lies is a good investment. (Putin’s interest also includes weakening Europe - divide and rule, which served Rome so well)

If you are still a leaver after the last 2 years of absolute fiasco, you’re either a crook or as thick as two short planks - and which of those defintions covers Fox, Johnson, Davis, Rees-t~~t, et al is for you to decide - but you can be guaranteed they’ll end of richer still because of it. 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2019, 03:40:34 pm »
Whilst there maybe a few demonstrations, the public are generally too lazy or pre-occupied in their own activities for large scale civil disobedience. Even their right to leave demonstrations, attract a handful of individuals

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2019, 03:43:22 pm »
The Leave vote was bought by crooks, tax cheats, & the Russian State, - who don’t want Britain to have to implement the EU’s transpaency laws. London remains the money laundering capital of the world, and half of London is owned by drug barrons, gun runners, the Russian Mafia/Putin, and numerous shady Yanks. Staying in the EU would imperil their loot, so investing Leave campaign lies is a good investment.

Exactly.

Though not all Leave politicians have that as there motive. Some are just nostalgia-soaked nationalist cretins.

NB - there is an argument that the flow of money through London contributed £billions to the UK economy through the handling (and 'skimming off' a fraction of a %) of the money flow, whilst also ensuring 'our' Crown Dependencies and Overseas Territories more than pay for themselves. To fully implement ATAD and AMLD for the UK has the potential to utterly destroy the economies of places like the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Cayman Isles, Bermuda, etc. As well as costing the Treasury a 10-figure sum annually
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2019, 03:55:35 pm »
I hope you're all right with your confidence on this cos I just cant see it.

Online Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2019, 04:00:13 pm »
True. They were racists long before they decided to vote for Brexit.

;D

Well that's one way of looking at it.

It's not true, but it is amusing nonetheless.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2019, 04:12:56 pm »
;D

Well that's one way of looking at it.

It's not true, but it is amusing nonetheless.

Can we agree that anyone calling for blood on the streets were racist long before Brexit ?

They always think that their tough but the likes of Robinson are the first to run and hide behind the cops.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2019, 04:29:45 pm »

Can we agree that anyone calling for blood on the streets were racist long before Brexit ?

They always think that their tough but the likes of Robinson are the first to run and hide behind the cops.

Absolutely.

People like that would find something else to be frenzied about, if not Brexit, they just have it in them. There will always be a percentage of people that are beyond any form of redemption.

Brexit is just a lovely excuse for them.

I am sick of reading and hearing "will of the people", it has certainly become a battle cry, four words that trump any argument and are impervious to facts because this isn't about facts.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2019, 05:24:53 pm »
I hope you're all right with your confidence on this cos I just cant see it.

You might get a few thousand knobheads across the country, but from the Leavers I know, they fall into the following categories :-

Retired
Thick as pig shit (My Dad)
Working and paying Mortgages so won't risk losing their jobs
Didn't really know what they were voting for, wouldn't vote again
In a nursing home with Dementia/Alzheimers

I really don't worry about riots, but I worry that immigrants will be targeted, although this would happen if we left anyway, in fact it would be a lot worse as we started to see more immigrants from the likes of Asia, Africa and India.

From my own personal experiences, I'd much rather be served in a restaurant by a smiling, polite waitress from Eastern Europe than a miserable twat British girl.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA