Author Topic: Liverpool fans do you agree? Other fans suck an egg your opinion is unworthy!  (Read 18571 times)

Offline rogermoore

• rush hour bus shuffler
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fancy a game you non-bamboo eating gimp?
We are only fourteen games in to the season yet it seems to have been going on for ages.  If you were to ask me how long I reckon I would say 6 months.  I do not seek agreement with this thought as we all know it is a little over 3 months.

I also know that we play so many more games nowadays.  We are flying in the league into the knockout stages of Europe's most prestigious cup competition and have been knocked out of another cup.  As they say in India all is Juldi (sp?). 

Surely time should be flying after all we are enjoying ourselves.  Again I do not seek agreement on this but time is supposed to fly when we are having fun.  When things are hard and we are not fighting back time slows. like you know you finish at 5 and the clock reads 4:38.  Those last 22 minutes take an eternity.  They truly hurt like a fat girl wearing stillettos standing on your head whether it be big ol' battered by the weather head or little more tender snug head. 

This is where I seek agreement or I guess disagreement.  For a team and set of fans that should be well happy, well optimistic and well well do you not think time is going slow?  A season like the one we are enjoying should be flying but for me it seems to be dragging its heels.  For once i am wanting it to hurry up to its very own happy conclusion.  The tension is killing me.

This season is dragging it's heels and i want it to sprint.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 03:30:55 pm by rogermoore »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Its dragging its heels because, as SMD said, we are desperate.

We are desperate to win a title we havent won in ages.

We are also fearful that, after beating Utd and Chelsea, that its a case of now or never, especially as they are two of the last teams that you want to be chasing you.

We are desperate for Benitez to provide a challenge, for the good of his job.

We are desperate for Utd to not equal our title record.

All this desperation breeds fear, hence the season is taking long and no one is as happy as they should be.

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
going to be heartbreaking if we miss it by a couple of points.

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
going to be heartbreaking if we miss it by a couple of points.

It would but the excitement of being in that position outweights the pain by far .

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
There is also our performances that makes the season drag its heels.

We also have off the pitch problems mainly around the owners which isn't helping either.
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
All down to a lack of confidence me thinks. It's been so long since the last one that whilst we crave (is that a strong enough word) number 19 we don't feel confident that it will happen. It's like being up 2-1 with 10 minutes to go and controlling the game. There is still something in your head that suggests that an equaliser might be around the corner.

So, a poor game gets jumped on because we all have huge hope but little confidence.

That won't get fixed until we win it. We can't enjoy the journey because of this.

Shame but that's the way it is!

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan

Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

87:13

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
Everyone seems scared, like they're going to jinx it. Dont say we can win it, dont say its one game at a time, dont say we're favourites, dont say we're 2nd favourites. No-one knows how to react because its a pretty new situation, and we're getting alot of different emotions in a short space of time. Plus we're not actually playing particularly well, so its dragging for that reason also.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
Everyone seems scared, like they're going to jinx it. Dont say we can win it, dont say its one game at a time, dont say we're favourites, dont say we're 2nd favourites. No-one knows how to react because its a pretty new situation, and we're getting alot of different emotions in a short space of time. Plus we're not actually playing particularly well, so its dragging for that reason also.
True ! But as a great one once said , the league only starts after Christmas and it is along time till May . Personally I think its crazy all the title/relegation talk at this time of year and I don't mean fan talk I mean thwe way Skysports and the likes go on .

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
The longer we stay in this position, the worse it'll get :D
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
True ! But as a great one once said , the league only starts after Christmas and it is along time till May . Personally I think its crazy all the title/relegation talk at this time of year and I don't mean fan talk I mean thwe way Skysports and the likes go on .

Too true! Sky just try to whip up any situation to the max. Glad I got rid of the f***ers last year to be honest. Heard Keys and Gray talking about the CL "Super 16" - jeez now we have to endure rugby talk. Found myself shouting at the screen "it's the last 16 you....." well you get the drift.

I'll get me coat!

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan

We are also fearful that, after beating Utd and Chelsea, that its a case of now or never, especially as they are two of the last teams that you want to be chasing you.

All this desperation breeds fear, hence the season is taking long and no one is as happy as they should be.

Do you think this explains the atmosphere in Anfield at the moment too?
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline Red Pat

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander

Totally agree, every game I feel like I endure it bcos I am fearful ( from all points you made), I feel like I did at Juve away in 05 and Chelsea semi 05....

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
We are only fourteen games in to the season yet it seems to have been going on for ages.  If you were to ask me how long I reckon I would say 6 months.  I do not seek agreement with this thought as we all know it is a little over 3 months.

I also know that we play so many more games nowadays.  We are flying in the league into the knockout stages of Europe's most prestigious cup competition and have been knocked out of another cup.  As they say in India all is Juldi (sp?). 

Surely time should be flying after all we are enjoying ourselves.  Again I do not seek agreement on this but time is supposed to fly when we are having fun.  When things are hard and we are not fighting back time slows. like you know you finish at 5 and the clock reads 4:38.  Those last 22 minutes take an eternity.  They truly hurt like a fat girl wearing stillettos standing on your head whether it be big ol' battered by the weather head or little more tender snug head. 

This is where I seek agreement or I guess disagreement.  For a team and set of fans that should be well happy, well optimistic and well well do you not think time is going slow?  A season like the one we are enjoying should be flying but for me it seems to be dragging its heels.  For once i am wanting it to hurry up to its very own happy conclusion.  The tension is killing me.

It is dragging - I would like it to end in 5 minutes with us sitting at the top of the tree.
I love you all. Even Mancs x

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".
do you do wipe on ,wipe off ,as well?
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan

huh. In the sense of... ?

87:13

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
do you do wipe on ,wipe off ,as well?

I don't think Barney's toilet habits are any of your business really..
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water

Agree with all of that. I've can't remember the last time i was watching every game feeling so nervous because every result matters.
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline Tierno1892

• Main Stander
  • VIVA FERNANDO
Do you think this explains the atmosphere in Anfield at the moment too?
i think so yes

Offline Red Rascal

• Kopite
  • I believe in Liverpool FC!
Yup, the anticipation of will we or won't we is hanging on dear life at the edge of the cliff experience here, ain't it??

Well, I suppose like how the team approaches the game itself, take one match at a time.

I reckon one reason why Torres get injured more this season is impatience by himself. His target of getting more than 33 goals. Having that sort of a target makes you anxious and the result is not really listening to your body as much as you should, right after the strenuous Euro cup!

Yup, those more experienced, hopefully Gerrard and Carragher should know better than to rush it because who are there to make us through but these guys.

The other guys are younger and more impatient! Thank God there's Sammy Lee!
"Tactically, I did my job." (Rafa Benitez)

Offline ScouserTom

• Kopite

Yes its dragging.

To me Its very similar to winning 1-0 in the second leg of a european cup semi-final at anfield with 9.58 minutes to go on the clock with the away goal meaning we will go out.

I may be being pessimistic but when were not playing well, it feels like its only a matter of time before we concede/ get knocked off top of the league.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains."

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
Strange title  :)

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
its dragging most definately. the anticipation of what could be is getting to me.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy

True story.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
I put a thread saying basically that I belive this will be a very interesting season, with chelsea and us seeming unable to take advantage from one another. But then again, this is still early too talk about title as we're not through with December, yet.

It would but the excitement of being in that position outweights the pain by far .

I agree.
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
huh. In the sense of... ?

in a Chinese philosopher sense.... never mind, as you were.

DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
I can understand why people are nervous and want the season to go quicker that it seems. for the first time in a long while we are in contention from the start and actually look like we could sustain a title challenge. but people are getting twitchy because of what has happened in recent years, where we've all watched it go tits up at one point or another. i think the pressure of being at the top is getting to us a bit, and the first sign of results and performances not going our way, we're quick to panic.

the league title has been a long time coming back to anfield and we're desperate to see if happen, but i think as supporters we need to let the season run its course and enjoy it the best we can. get behind the lads and hopefully they'll give us something to get excited about come may.

if this is gonna be the season we bring home number 19, i wanna look back and think, fucking hell that was a great season.  ;D

« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 10:37:40 pm by campioni »

Offline timj

• Kemlynite
  • red to dead
does any body hate listening to andy grays biased commentary more than me?
timj

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan

my new sig

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Their is a massive difference this season.  This is the season when the great gulf created by our great teams in terms of number of league wins v our nearest rivals could get wiped.  Not by any old team either.  But by Man Utd.

This would be Fergie's finest hour - bring new meaning to his 'knock 'em off their fucking perch' speil.  And would pobabably inspire the bastard to stay for at least another yr to take our record.  I reckon if we somehow won it this yr he'd fuck off.

But what is potentially different this season is the realisation we could be in a position to be the actual team to stop this happening.  And at the same time go 2 clear of 'em again which in my view would finish whisky nose.

This is different insofar previously it's usually been us relying on Arsenal or Chelsea to stop the mancs.  Nervousness probably relates to the realisation that heading to Xmas we're not just within touching distance, we're joint top and breathing space ahead of the mancs.

Make no mistake our games to Xmas now are key.  If we can come out in Jan with a gap still between us and mancs, and be there or thereabouts with Chelsea, then we're in new territory this side of the millenium post Xmas. 

Offline timj

• Kemlynite
  • red to dead
does any body hate listening to andy grays biased commentary more than me? sent sky so many e mails saying get him of lfc matches cos his blue bitter whinge is awwwwwwwwww
timj

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

I love that joke

Offline Smiling Politely

• Anny Roader
True story.

They also videotaped it and posted it on the internet. A beef roasting, I believe they called it.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
as killer heals said, we are desperate, we are also longing for this title for so long, that each ear is just an extension of the previous, so you are not feeling 3months o6 6, but 5years, 10years, 15 years etc.
also, this season we do not look convincing too often, we are getting the results, but are still waiting for the performances to begin..

when the performances and the results are in tandem, then the next stage will fly by fast as we look forward to ending the wait.
:D

Offline Lavish Habits

• Main Stander
I think it is a good sign.

I think it reflects that we might actually have a chance. Apart from 87/88 where I realised that we were going to win the league at St James' in September and then just turned up and enjoyed every game, winning has always been a bit stressful for me. A mediocre performance, and they happen in title winning seasons too, seem more difficult to swallow if they could deny you the prize. A mediocre player, getting stick from the fans, be it Dossena now or Gary Ablett in the past (again scapegoats have always been there) is more than just another reason we are not challenging and could mean we don't triumph in May.

All that said I also think I have changed as I have got older and can enjoy the good times more. We may not win the league but I have learnt to try and enjoy life so am going to enjoy the fact that we are challenging, enjoy Stevie banging them in, every Riera flick, every time Torres leaves a defender for dead (as long as his hamstring is intact), every Carra block and scream to "get out" and every save from Mr Reina. As a great man once said life is too short to fuck around.

But then I have paid good money to have fat lasses in stilettos stand on me so maybe I have a different view of the world!

YNWA

I sat there watching the Liverpool fans and they sent shivers down my spine. A mass of 40,000 people became one force behind their team. That's something not many teams have. For that I admire Liverpool more than anything." Dutch legend Johan Cruyff after Istanbul.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?

But then I have paid good money to have fat lasses in stilettos stand on me so maybe I have a different view of the world!

Is that how you got your username?

Offline Strawberry Fields

• Pending....
  • Legacy Fan
The tension is killing me.
I think this sentence explains some of it. Finally after a long time excitement courses through the vains due to the simple fact that we're not trailing but leading. Most fans feel that this could be our season so the anticipation to see Stevie finally liftling that special trophy could be why it feels like it's taking forever.
Also, We had to fight for a lot of our results and great football wasn't regularly played (even struggled at times) so maybe this causes the feeling you're talking about, no?

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
The longer we stay in this position, the worse it'll get :D
yes!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
belief is all I feel we'll at least win one thing this season  ;) if we don't am a c*nt
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan

Whilst all of that makes a bit of sense you can ignore the last one as i am Happy as a toddler in ToysRus for the first time..

I just wanted us to be within single digits after November for obvious reasons.
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo