Author Topic: The Inevitable? 2008-2009 January Transfer Thread  (Read 4072 times)

Offline fishmyman

• Kopite
  • Enter funny or inspirational message here
The Inevitable? 2008-2009 January Transfer Thread
« on: November 29, 2008, 08:30:11 am »
Well i suppose discussions have to come up sometime about what we're going to do in the upcoming transfer window so i suppose they can go hear? unless there is another thread, did a search didn't find any

heres what i think:
We don't need anyone. SHOCK AWE WOW

GK - Reina world class. Cavalieri - Adequate

RB: Arbeloa - Form of his life. Degen/Darby - Degen is crap..but i ll hold judgement for a few more games, Darby i highly rate as a prospect

CB: Sami/Carra/Agger/Skrtel. The Slovakian Slaughterer will be back by January and with that back four we have the right blend of youth experience and depth, deepest back four in the league

LB: Aurelio/Dossena/Insua. Dossena has struggled but he will adapt, Aurelio is brilliant when hes not shattering into a pile of glass and INsua has impressed when called upon (great prospect)

RW/RM: Kuyt/Pennant/Stevie?/ElZhar. Adequate if not spectacular, plus dirk is in the form of his life, expect pennant to leave but that means room for some of our youths to step up

CM: Gerrard/Alonso/Monster/Lucas/Plessis/Spearing, baring Xabi leaving one of our deeper areas, lucas WILL step up, solid depth in plessis and jay (who probably won't make it here) and will give any midfield in the world a run for its money

LW/LM: Babel, Riera,Bennayoun,ElZhar. Solid, sometimes spectacular, sometimes great, never lacking

ST: Torres/Keane/Babel/Ngog/Nemeth again spectacular on there day provided nando can shake off his little 12 month of playing omg straight injury, keane will come good and babel and ngog can fill in when required, nemeth on the other hand i want to see given a run if he can shake off his nagging injury

So why do we need anyone else?
I certainly don't think we don't bar some good youth prospects for cheap
Come on you reds, prove to us you belong
You have our support while you wear the red shirt

YNWA

Offline PassAndMove

• Whinge and Moan
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Inevitable? 2008-2009 January Transfer Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 08:34:48 am »
After the summer of shite that was bought, more of the the same would be a disaster. We spent nearly £30m on Keane and Dossenna, then spunk £40K a week on one of the world's worst right backs while our young academy players rot.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 08:35:43 am »
Pennant may be on his way. I don't expect us to sign anything but backup players during this transfer window.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline fishmyman

• Kopite
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 08:36:12 am »
After the summer of shite that was bought, more of the the same would be a disaster. We spent nearly £30m on Keane and Dossenna, then spunk £40K a week on one of the world's worst right backs while our young academy players rot.

i'd give keano and dossena a little bit more time, degen i wouldnt per se 
Give it a chance, our youth will get their chance,
I believe in Lucas and Babel too
Esp Lucas mark my words.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 08:36:34 am »
Pennant may be on his way. I don't expect us to sign anything but backup players during this transfer window.
i dont want us to sign anyone really, we can ship some deadwood out if there is a need to, or can wait till the end of the season.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 08:37:12 am »
i'd give Keane and dossena a little bit more time, degen i wouldnt per se 
Give it a chance, our youth will get their chance,
I believe in Lucas and Babel too
Esp Lucas mark my words.

would defo give keane more time, we know he is quality, he just needs to be quality for us.

Offline Gigantic Lamb

• Seeks huge jar of mint sauce for quiet nights in. I need to think of a really really long Custom title. As long as possible... Any ideas PM me....I dont even like mint sauce....Whats your sauce? I am Saucy ........are you?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 08:37:59 am »
NEWSFLASH.........................

We have no Money!!!
European Cups are like houses - Ultimately it's better to own than to rent.

http://twitter.com/giganticlamb

☆☆☆☆☆

Offline fishmyman

• Kopite
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 08:39:06 am »
NEWSFLASH.......................
We have no Money!!!

Even if we did i wouldnt spend

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 08:40:13 am »
two proper full backs who are reliable and another goalscorer  is needed

Offline Riedles Reds

• Kopite
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 08:41:51 am »
Keep hearing about this right winger 'Kuba' who plays for Borrusia Dortmund, he's meant to be a real prospect. Any one know anything about this rumoured move? Rafa was meant to have been after him in the summer transfer window.

Offline Riedles Reds

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 08:43:58 am »
two proper full backs who are reliable and another goalscorer  is needed

Don't think we need to replace Arbeloa. We do need cover for Aurelio though and I agree about the goalscorer

Offline fishmyman

• Kopite
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 08:44:50 am »
Don't think we need to replace Arbeloa. We do need cover for Aurelio though and I agree about the goalscorer

Give Doss a chance

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 08:46:52 am »
Well i suppose discussions have to come up sometime about what we're going to do in the upcoming transfer window so i suppose they can go hear? unless there is another thread, did a search didn't find any

heres what i think:
We don't need anyone. SHOCK AWE WOW

GK - Reina world class. Cavalieri - Adequate

RB: Arbeloa - Form of his life. Degen/Darby - Degen is crap..but i ll hold judgement for a few more games, Darby i highly rate as a prospect

CB: Sami/Carra/Agger/Skrtel. The Slovakian Slaughterer will be back by January and with that back four we have the right blend of youth experience and depth, deepest back four in the league

LB: Aurelio/Dossena/Insua. Dossena has struggled but he will adapt, Aurelio is brilliant when hes not shattering into a pile of glass and INsua has impressed when called upon (great prospect)

RW/RM: Kuyt/Pennant/Stevie?/ElZhar. Adequate if not spectacular, plus dirk is in the form of his life, expect pennant to leave but that means room for some of our youths to step up

CM: Gerrard/Alonso/Monster/Lucas/Plessis/Spearing, baring Xabi leaving one of our deeper areas, lucas WILL step up, solid depth in plessis and jay (who probably won't make it here) and will give any midfield in the world a run for its money

LW/LM: Babel, Riera,Bennayoun,ElZhar. Solid, sometimes spectacular, sometimes great, never lacking

ST: Torres/Keane/Babel/Ngog/Nemeth again spectacular on there day provided nando can shake off his little 12 month of playing omg straight injury, keane will come good and babel and ngog can fill in when required, nemeth on the other hand i want to see given a run if he can shake off his nagging injury

So why do we need anyone else?
I certainly don't think we don't bar some good youth prospects for cheap
Come on you reds, prove to us you belong
You have our support while you wear the red shirt

YNWA

RB - arbeloa has been playing great i agree, but what if he is suspended or injured, Degen is already injured and that leaves Darby, and we already seen that
Rafa rather put Carra at RB then start with the youngster.
I think if Skrtel comes back then Carra can be a RB backup but didnt look that good last time.

LB - aurelio when not injured is also improving and playing decent. Dossena still needs more time to adapt(dont know how long it will be, perhaps till next year)
then we have Insua only, another youngster who hasnt played.
Rafa would go with Dossena (probably monday as well) and just hope he can
prove many wrong and put in a solid performance. but it is definate worry.

RW - Kuyt has been playing excellent here, but now with Torres out again, he will be called upon to attack from front, with possibly Yossi playing at RW.
with Keane not yet firing them in, we need Kuyt's support in attacking. Pennant
is not going to get a game, Babel will never be used as RW (Rafas team anyway)
so that leaves Yossi, El Zhar, or Gerrard. El Zhar has played decent in games called upon but he also likes to cut inside like yossi, I think we might need someone here,

other areas are fine, but 3 areas we might need experienced backup if possible.
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline Riedles Reds

• Kopite
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 08:48:03 am »
Give Doss a chance

Sure, I agree. But we probably would need another left-back, because knowing our luck in the league we'll get Dossena playing well and then Aurelio will injure himself and be out for the rest of the season.

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 08:48:08 am »
I expect one or two players to be shipped out and I wouldn't be surprised with a signing of someone in the Gary Mac mould (seasoned professional coming to the end of his career who could do a job for us for a season or two).

No idea who any of these would be, just a gut feel.

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 08:50:13 am »
I expect one or two players to be shipped out and I wouldn't be surprised with a signing of someone in the Gary Mac mould (seasoned professional coming to the end of his career who could do a job for us for a season or two).

No idea who any of these would be, just a gut feel.

it could be Crespo, or Heinze
wouldnt mind them, would be great addition
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 08:52:53 am »
how long before this thread is closed? :D

Offline Riedles Reds

• Kopite
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 08:53:07 am »
it could be Crespo, or Heinze
wouldnt mind them, would be great addition

Would be brilliant to get Crespo, great finisher and footballer. Heinze will be good in Spain where he is, but his pace has gone, he doesn't seem to be the same player he was before all those injuries. He'd probably find it hard to cope with the pace of the PL