Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4566627 times)

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Re: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick
« Reply #58320 on: October 10, 2019, 10:05:13 pm »
:wave

Right, who photoshopped the yarmulkes?

Atone muthafuckahs!
Kill the humourless

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58321 on: October 10, 2019, 10:16:39 pm »

Stop your fooling around (ah-ah-ah)
Time you straighten right out (ah-ah-ah)
Better think of your future (ah-ah-ah)
Else you'll wind up in jail (ah-ah-ah)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58322 on: October 10, 2019, 10:24:59 pm »
Trump distances himself from indicted Giuliani associates
BY BRETT SAMUELS AND MORGAN CHALFANT

President Trump said Thursday that he doesn’t know the two business associates of his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani who were arrested on campaign finance charges, but acknowledged he may have been photographed with them at some point.

“I don’t know those gentleman. Now it’s possible I have a picture with them because I have a picture with everybody,” Trump told reporters on the South Lawn of the White House.

“I don’t know them, I don’t know about them, I don’t know what they do,” Trump added. “I don’t know, maybe they were clients of Rudy’s. You’d have to ask Rudy.”

A photograph of Trump smiling with Giuliani and the businessmen, Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas, has been published by various news sites.

Trump acknowledged that he may have been photographed with the two men at a fundraiser.

Fruman and Parnas were arrested late Wednesday on charges that they conspired to illegally funnel foreign money to U.S. politicians in order to buy political influence.

The indictment unsealed by federal prosecutors in Manhattan alleges that they and two other defendants “conspired to circumvent the federal laws against foreign influence by engaging in a scheme to funnel foreign money to candidates for federal and state office so that the defendants could buy potential influence with the candidates, campaigns, and the candidates’ governments.”

Fruman and Parnas are business associates of Giuliani who reportedly worked with him to press Ukraine to investigate unsubstantiated allegations against former Vice President Joe Biden and 2016 election interference.

The indictment unsealed Thursday does not name Giuliani nor does it claim he knew of or was involved in the alleged scheme. But the developments have increased scrutiny on Trump’s personal attorney and the connections between the president’s inner circle and the two businessmen.

Photographs of Frumas and Parnas with Donald Trump Jr., the president's eldest son, have also circulated on social media.

Frumas and Parnas, who donated to a political action committee that supported Trump, were arrested at Dulles International Airport Wednesday before boarding an international flight with one-way tickets. They made an initial appearance in court Thursday afternoon in Virginia.

Federal prosecutors in Manhattan said during a news conference Thursday that their investigation is ongoing.

CNN reported Thursday afternoon that Giuliani’s financial dealings with Frumas and Parnas were being scrutinized by federal investigators.

When asked if he was concerned that Giuliani may be indicted, Trump told reporters that he hoped that wouldn’t be the case. Trump also said he hadn't spoken about the matter with Giuliani.

"I haven't spoken to Rudy about it. I will say this, from what I heard ... they said we have nothing to do with it."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/465295-trump-distances-himself-from-giuliani-associates-i-have-a-picture
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58323 on: October 10, 2019, 10:32:08 pm »
I reckon that Republicans will try to cut a deal with the Democrats.  They'll offer Trump and his family if the Democrats agree to let Pence off, and he agrees to not run for election himself.  Leaves the GOP clear to have it's own primaries and go into 2020 fresh.

I'm sure there is a few juicy tidbits that could come out that will allow any number of Republican senators to move away from Trump without overly damaging their standing with their own voters.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #58324 on: October 10, 2019, 10:53:55 pm »
So predictable....

Don’t know them, never known them, no one I know even knows them.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #58325 on: October 10, 2019, 11:50:22 pm »
So they were trying to leave the U.S. Nothing suspicious there  ::)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58326 on: October 10, 2019, 11:58:49 pm »
Don't you know how difficult it is to get good covfefe in the US? These two men were flying out to get some world-class covfefe, and then they were flying back to give it to Rudy and me, even though I don't even know who they are. I don't even know Rudy, but people told me that's what they were doing. I don't even know the people who told me that. Never met them. Everyone knows that I don't know anyone, believe me.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #58327 on: October 11, 2019, 12:07:30 am »
"Rudy..... Rudy...… Hmmmm.  Oh Guiliani!"

"Haven't spoken to him in years.  He tried to get some real estate business from me years ago, but I didn't do it."  "Not many people know this, but he's a bit shady, and a real wackjob."
Kill the humourless

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #58328 on: October 11, 2019, 12:07:39 am »
Marshall Cohen@MarshallCohen
BREAKING: The FBI and federal prosecutors in NYC are scrutinizing Rudy Giuliani’s financial dealings with the two men charged today. The men, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, are charged with pumping Russian money into US political campaigns. (reporting from @evanperez@ShimonPro)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #58329 on: October 11, 2019, 12:14:34 am »
Rick Perry subpoenaed by Congress about trying to get Giulliani's guys on the hoard of Ukraine's national gas company.

Boom.

Good job there is only two of them, as Rick would likely forget the third

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58330 on: October 11, 2019, 12:46:52 am »
Haha Tom Hicks and his son are treasonous scumbags. Truly insane that we got tied in with them and they nearly ran us into the ground.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #58331 on: October 11, 2019, 12:50:57 am »
This story is getting stranger

Elaina Plott@elainaplott
Scoop: Rudy Giuliani was also planning to head to Vienna tonight--one day after Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman were trying to do the same with one-way tickets.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/10/rudy-giuliani-vienna/599833/

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #58332 on: October 11, 2019, 02:49:49 am »
Haha Tom Hicks and his son are treasonous scumbags. Truly insane that we got tied in with them and they nearly ran us into the ground.

The greedy and incompetent c*nts running the club couldn't be bothered to do due diligence on the buyers because, you know, they couldn't compete with Chelsea and Manchester United. Logically their solution was a potential relegation battle after the club went into administration.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58333 on: October 11, 2019, 03:19:25 am »

And in video form:
https://twitter.com/owillis/status/1182037763648036867

Really makes you think. Specifically it makes you think 'He's dumber than my stupid dumb cat, and he's been dead 7 years'.

They all got Bone Spurs and stayed at home you orange spineless goblin

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58334 on: October 11, 2019, 03:48:40 am »
Oops!  :lickin
--------

"...In a letter to House Democrats last week, attorney John Dowd—last seen representing Trump in connection with Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation—wrote, “Please be advised that Messrs. Parnas and Fruman assisted Mr. Giuliani in connection with his representation of President Trump.” This was apparently intended to shield Parnas and Fruman: Dowd argued that some of what Democrats sought from them was protected by attorney-client privilege.

But with the arrests today, that argument adds to Trump’s problems. Attorney-client privilege does not cover the commission of crimes, and now the connection to the president has been established..."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/parnas-frumin-arrests-chaos/599782/[/quote]
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #58335 on: October 11, 2019, 05:12:42 am »
I think a big reason why Trump has pulled troops out of Syria is to deflect attention away from the impeachment inquiry. 

Obviously, he couldn't give a fuck about innocent peoiple dying just as long as it takes the heat off of him for a bit.

And Graham got punked and showed that his bluster about Syria is BS. That plays along with the smokescreen.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58336 on: October 11, 2019, 05:43:47 am »
Oops!  :lickin
--------

"...In a letter to House Democrats last week, attorney John Dowd—last seen representing Trump in connection with Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation—wrote, “Please be advised that Messrs. Parnas and Fruman assisted Mr. Giuliani in connection with his representation of President Trump.” This was apparently intended to shield Parnas and Fruman: Dowd argued that some of what Democrats sought from them was protected by attorney-client privilege.

But with the arrests today, that argument adds to Trump’s problems. Attorney-client privilege does not cover the commission of crimes, and now the connection to the president has been established..."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/parnas-frumin-arrests-chaos/599782/

Hard to imagine Dowd was that dumb. He was smart enough to quit as Trump's attorney after all.   Maybe this was him indirectly tipping the Democrats off?

Looks like Rudy was planning to meet with these guys far away from prying American eyes. Really hope he gets arrested or is at least forced to surrender his passport.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58337 on: October 11, 2019, 05:55:06 am »

They were heading to Vienna, Austria. The KGB's favourite city in the good ol days.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58338 on: October 11, 2019, 09:04:57 am »

Ryan Lizza (@RyanLizza)
2019-10-10, 10:32 PM
One of the Giuliani/Ukraine guys arrested today had a company called Fraud Guarantee and the other had a club called Mafia Rave. I am not making this up. Google it.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #58339 on: October 11, 2019, 09:07:48 am »
Rick Perry subpoenaed by Congress about trying to get Giulliani's guys on the hoard of Ukraine's national gas company.

Boom.
I read that as Rick PARRY at first.... ;D

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #58340 on: October 11, 2019, 09:10:52 am »
How the fook did those two get bail of only $1 Million each if they are clearly a flight risk?!?!?!?!?!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58341 on: October 11, 2019, 09:20:19 am »
I want to know where they're getting the money from. I would have thought accessing their assets would be difficult.

Popcorn's Art

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #58342 on: October 11, 2019, 09:23:45 am »
How the fook did those two get bail of only $1 Million each if they are clearly a flight risk?!?!?!?!?!

Electronically tagged and 3rd party monitoring too apparently.

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #58343 on: October 11, 2019, 09:26:02 am »
I very much recommend Preet Bharara's latest podcast & his interview with George Conway, who i think articulates a lot of our frustration & anger with Trump.

He does however sidestep questions about his wife.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58344 on: October 11, 2019, 10:39:40 am »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1182292163721404416
Big day of negotiations with China. They want to make a deal, but do I? I meet with the Vice Premier tomorrow at The White House.
6:49 AM - 10 Oct 2019

It's amazing, like he's trailing a TV show.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #58345 on: October 11, 2019, 10:46:46 am »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58346 on: October 11, 2019, 11:28:40 am »
― Christine Szymanski

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58347 on: October 11, 2019, 11:53:10 am »
US Republicans seek sanctions on Turkey over Syria

Republicans in the US House of Representatives have announced plans to introduce a sanctions bill against Turkey for its offensive in Syria.

Congresswoman Liz Cheney said Turkey must face "serious consequences for mercilessly attacking our Kurdish allies" in the region.

It comes as President Donald Trump said he hoped to mediate in the conflict.

A group of 29 Republicans in the Democratic-controlled House of Representatives have announced legislation which would impose sanctions on Ankara.

"If Turkey wants to be treated like an ally, it must begin behaving like one," Ms Cheney wrote in a statement. "They must be sanctioned for their attacks on our Kurdish allies."

Ms Cheney adds that "Congress has long had concerns about the [Erdogan] regime's cooperation with US adversaries, such as Russia". No mention is made of the US troop withdrawal.

Turkey must face serious consequences for mercilessly attacking our Kurdish allies in northern Syria, who incurred thousands of casualties in the fight against ISIS and helped us protect the homeland. https://t.co/fPqmJryHZ4
    — Rep. Liz Cheney (@RepLizCheney) October 10, 2019

"President Trump made clear that if Turkey crosses a line in Syria, he would 'totally obliterate the economy of Turkey' - and this legislation gives the United States the tools to make good on that promise," Representative Jodey Arrington wrote.

It comes the day after Republican Senator Lindsey Graham unveiled a sanctions bill, along with Democratic Senator Chris Van Hollen, for "severe sanctions" against Turkey.

Mr Graham is a staunch ally of President Trump, but has vocally criticised his administration for the troop withdrawal in Syria - saying the US had "shamefully abandoned" the Kurds.

Mr Trump has suggested sanctions could come if Turkey's operation is not "humane" - a red line one official told reporters meant "ethnic cleansing... indiscriminate artillery, air and other fires directed at civilian populations".

"We have not seen significant examples of that so far, but we're very early," the official said on condition of anonymity, adding that the president had tasked diplomats with seeing "if there are areas of commonality between the two sides, if there's a way that we can find our way to a ceasefire".

President Trump tweeted on Thursday that there were three choices for the US: "Send in thousands of troops and win militarily, hit Turkey very hard financially and with sanctions, or mediate a deal between Turkey and the Kurds". The president later told reporters: "I hope it's going to be the last one."

He made the remarks before he flew to Minnesota for a campaign rally.

While reiterating his hope to mediate the conflict between the Kurds and Turkey, the president told the crowds it was time to "bring our soldiers back home" and criticised US involvement in the Middle East.

"These wars produce only chaos and bloodshed," he said. "We're slowly getting out of the Middle East. We're doing it carefully."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50009218

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58348 on: October 11, 2019, 12:37:40 pm »
I read that as Rick PARRY at first.... ;D

Red coloured glasses. :]

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58349 on: October 11, 2019, 12:40:23 pm »
US Republicans seek sanctions on Turkey over Syria

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50009218

For something their idiot "leader" did. Just another stupid smokescreen to make it look like they are doing something.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58350 on: October 11, 2019, 12:44:54 pm »
Do something to start a conflict.  Do something else to try and stop it.  Talk endlessly about how you deserve a Nobel peace prize for trying to sort it out and hope they forget that it was you that started it in the first place.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58351 on: October 11, 2019, 12:49:38 pm »
Do something to start a conflict.  Do something else to try and stop it.  Talk endlessly about how you deserve a Nobel peace prize for trying to sort it out and hope they forget that it was you that started it in the first place.

And do Putin's bidding at the same time.

They want to have sanctions against a member of NATO...

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #58352 on: October 11, 2019, 12:56:09 pm »
And do Putin's bidding at the same time.

They want to have sanctions against a member of NATO...

His every foriegn policy ultimately benefits Putin. Its not even subtle.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #58353 on: October 11, 2019, 01:46:35 pm »

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58354 on: October 11, 2019, 04:45:58 pm »
His every foriegn policy ultimately benefits Putin. Its not even subtle.

Litteraly everything. Brexit, G7, NATO, Middle East...it's like it is Putin's birthday everyday.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #58355 on: October 11, 2019, 06:23:42 pm »
This story is getting stranger

Elaina Plott@elainaplott
Scoop: Rudy Giuliani was also planning to head to Vienna tonight--one day after Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman were trying to do the same with one-way tickets.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/10/rudy-giuliani-vienna/599833/

Both CNN and ABC are reporting that Giuliani himself is a target of the criminal investigation.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rudy-giulianis-relationship-arrested-men-subject-criminal-investigation/story?id=66212654

Rudy Giuliani's relationship with arrested men is subject of criminal investigation: Sources

The investigation became public after the FBI had to quickly move to arrest Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman before they boarded a flight out of the country from Washington Dulles Airport with one-way tickets. They have been named as witnesses in the ongoing impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

The investigation is being conducted by the FBI's New York field office and prosecutors in the Southern District of New York, the same U.S. Attorney's office Giuliani ran before he became mayor of New York.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58356 on: October 11, 2019, 06:46:11 pm »
Both CNN and ABC are reporting that Giuliani himself is a target of the criminal investigation.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rudy-giulianis-relationship-arrested-men-subject-criminal-investigation/story?id=66212654

Good.  Can't wait to see him in handcuffs.  Let's seem him waffle his conspiracy bullshit in front of a prosecutor or a house hearing.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58357 on: October 11, 2019, 07:38:13 pm »
So they're not willing to afford the Kurds support anymore, but are still up for protecting the oil of the journalist killers.

Saudi Arabia oil attacks: US to deploy thousands of extra troops

The Pentagon has announced the deployment of thousands of additional troops to "enhance the defence of Saudi Arabia".

US Secretary of Defence Mark Esper says he has authorised the deployment of additional forces, including fighter jets and a defence system.

He said it was in response to "threats in the region", amid efforts to protect the kingdom from "Iranian aggression".

The move comes after an attack on Saudi Arabia's oil facilities in September.

"Taken together with other deployments, this constitutes an additional 3,000 forces that have been extended or authorised within the last month," Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said.

The US has increased the deployment of forces in the region by 14,000 since May, according to CNN. Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman had requested additional support, Mr Esper said.

The attack on Saudi oil facilities knocked out 5% of global oil supply and sent oil prices soaring. Both Saudi Arabia and the US blame Iran for the incident.

Mohammed bin Salman said: "If the world does not take a strong and firm action to deter Iran, we will see further escalations that will threaten world interests."

Iran has denied allegations it was behind the attack.

However the leaders of France, Germany and the UK said in a joint statement that there was no other plausible explanation for the attacks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50021138

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58358 on: October 11, 2019, 08:00:09 pm »
Trump impeachment: Marie Yovanovitch says she was ousted over 'false claims'

The former US ambassador to Ukraine has told lawmakers she was sacked over "unfounded and false claims by people with clearly questionable motives".

Marie Yovanovitch said she was "incredulous" at being dismissed by President Donald Trump in May.

Her testimony is part of an impeachment inquiry against the US president.

The opposition-led probe centres on Mr Trump's dealings with Ukraine, including a call to investigate his presidential election rival Joe Biden.

It was sparked by a whistleblower complaint that Mr Trump had pressed his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelensky in a July telephone call to help with a case against Mr Biden and his son - which Mr Trump describes as corruption.

During that call, Mr Trump described Ms Yovanovitch as "bad news", according to a rough transcript of their conversation released by the White House.

The decision to dismiss her several months earlier reportedly followed the US president's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani and other conservatives claiming she was biased against the president.

Mr Giuliani had been working in Ukraine to press the authorities there to investigate widely debunked corruption allegations against Mr Biden, and his son, Hunter, who was associated with a Ukrainian company.

"Although I understand that I served at the pleasure of the president, I was nevertheless incredulous that the US government chose to remove an ambassador based, as best as I can tell, on unfounded and false claims by people with clearly questionable motives," she said in a prepared statement.

"To make matters worse, all of this occurred during an especially challenging time in bilateral relations with a newly elected Ukrainian president. This was precisely the time when continuity in the embassy in Ukraine was most needed."

Ms Yovanovitch said she did not know Mr Giuliani's reasons for attacking her.

She said she had "only minimal contacts" with him - only three that she could recall and none of their interactions had related to the investigation.

"Equally fictitious is the notion that I am disloyal to President Trump," Ms Yovanovitch said. "I have heard the allegation in the media that I supposedly told the embassy team to ignore the president's orders 'since he was going to be impeached.' That allegation is false."

Ms Yovanovitch also said she had never met or spoken with Hunter Biden and that Mr Biden never raised the subject of his son or the Ukrainian company he worked for with her.

She said she learned that Mr Trump had called for her ousting since 2018 despite Deputy Secretary of State John Sullivan telling her she had done nothing wrong.

"He said that the president had lost confidence in me and no longer wished me to serve as his ambassador. He added that there had been a concerted campaign against me," Ms Yovanovitch said.

"He also said that I had done nothing wrong and that this was not like other situations where he had recalled ambassadors for cause."

A Barack Obama-appointee, Ms Yovanovitch was confirmed by the Republican-controlled Senate and served as US ambassador to Ukraine from August 2016 until last May.

Ms Yovanovitch was dismissed from her post prior to the July call.

The whistleblower complaint noted her dismissal was a red flag for some officials, and lawmakers will likely look for more details from Ms Yovanovitch about her surprise removal.

Democrats are also expected to ask Ms Yovanovitch about the Trump administration's Ukraine policies, and about how Mr Giuliani and his associates had pressed Ukraine to investigate Mr Biden ahead of the 2020 presidential election.

She will likely be asked about US military aid to Ukraine and details about the administration's decision to withhold that aid.

On Thursday, two of Mr Giuliani's associates in Ukraine who had allegedly sought to remove Ms Yovanovitch were charged with campaign finance violations.

House Democrats have demanded to hear from four other state department officials: Ukraine Special Envoy Kurt Volker, Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland, Deputy Assistant Secretary George Kent, and Counselor T Ulrich Brechbuhl.

Thus far, only Mr Volker, has testified before lawmakers.

During his deposition earlier this month, Mr Volker revealed text messages between officials, including Mr Sondland, that documented the Trump administration's efforts to have Ukraine investigate the company Mr Biden's son was associated with.

On Friday, Mr Sondland announced he would comply with the House's subpoena and testify on 17 October.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50018043

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58359 on: October 11, 2019, 08:46:17 pm »
Federal judge declares Trump border proclamation unlawful

A federal judge in Texas declared on Friday that President Trump's proclamation of a national emergency on the southern border is unlawful, blocking the plan to divert funding for a border wall.

Judge David Briones of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas said in his opinion that the plan would be blocked after getting input from both sides in a lawsuit for the scope of an injunction.

The lawsuit was brought by El Paso County in Texas and a group called the Border Network for Human Rights.

Briones, who was appointed to the court by President Bill Clinton, ruled that Trump overstepped his authority to divert more funds to border security than what was appropriated by Congress.

He also ruled that El Paso has standing to sue the president and members of his Cabinet because the county "suffered reputational and economic injuries" as a result of the administration's rhetoric on the situation at the border and the construction plans that the proclamation entailed.

"The longer the President’s Proclamation remains in effect, the more the County’s reputation will be tarnished in the eyes of tourists and developers," the plaintiffs wrote in a filing in April.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/465449-federal-judge-declares-trump-border-proclamation-unlawful