Author Topic: Lucas in Brazil Squad  (Read 959291 times)

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
Re: Lucas in Brazil Squad
« Reply #8080 on: March 27, 2011, 07:59:07 pm »
any reason why the match was played at the emirates ?

Money

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #8081 on: March 27, 2011, 08:00:05 pm »
Quote from: JackB on Today at 05:13:05 PM
You see this is my problem with the Lucas fans in here. I get the impression that if he coughed you'd clap.

He played fine in the first half. Didn't do anything wrong (apart from a woeful shot) but didn't do anything particularly good either.

I understand why you got this impression. You saw the game on TV, like most of us I suppose.

The camera stays on the strikers  mainly.  SO did not see a lot of Lucas. He was on the the "dark side of the camera"
Once I could not stand the stupid comment on my cable, so I turned it into mute and found a good Brazilian radio station and followed it on-line while watching the tv picture.
Today, for example, Lucas was the most mentioned person in the first half, he was everywhere, from his own area to the rival area, everything was between him and Ramires, hey bossed the game.  In the Tv we saw some missed goals, some woodwork, etc. from the attack, but from the radio you heard how much was Lucas involved from the dark side of the Camera.  Another advantage: the on-line radio is in a little delay so when I see some action, I have no idea on Lucas important part in it, and than I hear the detailed description with X to Lucas, Lucas to Y, again Lucas, good pass Lucas, Lucas header deflecting.. I suppose they do not get paid by Lucas to invent it.
Sometime there are the replays when we see him in action, after hearing it in the radio, we know when and whereto look..
TO tell you the truth , as I can not hear radios from England, I use the live comentry of skysport for this aim, but it is not very well, as SKYSPORT ignore him most of the time, unless he does something wrong.   
Bless el Alonso and others who takes the trouble to make compilations.

Sorry if i was too long again but I wanted to explain something, and maybe some of you will do the same to get a better hint what went on off the ball and the camera
You may miss it even if you are on the stands, i have seen people listening to little radios during the game, beleive it or not, and not only to see another game result.

Mulher, you make a really good point about the camera focusing on the player with the ball, thus missing much of the good work Lucas, and others like him do.  I think Maxi also suffers from this.  His good off the ball movement, which creates space for others, is missed by the armchair fans as the camera is showing only the player with the ball.
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8082 on: March 27, 2011, 08:00:51 pm »
Just seen on Twitter - Adam Morgan saying Lucas is his favourite current LFC player. Even mentioned yesterday that all players in the academy rate Lucas as a player really highly.

Lucas is following him and sent him this.

'@Morgo10 no problem mate. You are doing really well , keep working hard.'

Top bloke is Lucas.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #8083 on: March 27, 2011, 08:02:00 pm »
What number does Lucas normally wear for Brazil? Seen him wear both 5 and 8 on numerous occasions. Looking to get his shirt :wave

I stand to be corrected, but No8 when he was younger.  However he has been No5 recently mainly as he now plays a different position than he did in his younger days.
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #8084 on: March 27, 2011, 08:02:07 pm »

Seen you got a retweet from him mate.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline The Jolly Boys Outing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8085 on: March 27, 2011, 08:07:06 pm »
lucas , rivaldo, ronaldinho, dunga, juninho what a midfield that would have been !
AND ARBELOAAAAA

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #8086 on: March 27, 2011, 08:15:29 pm »
Quote from: JackB on Today at 05:13:05 PM
You see this is my problem with the Lucas fans in here. I get the impression that if he coughed you'd clap.

He played fine in the first half. Didn't do anything wrong (apart from a woeful shot) but didn't do anything particularly good either.

I understand why you got this impression. You saw the game on TV, like most of us I suppose.

The camera stays on the strikers  mainly.  SO did not see a lot of Lucas. He was on the the "dark side of the camera"
Once I could not stand the stupid comment on my cable, so I turned it into mute and found a good Brazilian radio station and followed it on-line while watching the tv picture.
Today, for example, Lucas was the most mentioned person in the first half, he was everywhere, from his own area to the rival area, everything was between him and Ramires, hey bossed the game.  In the Tv we saw some missed goals, some woodwork, etc. from the attack, but from the radio you heard how much was Lucas involved from the dark side of the Camera.  Another advantage: the on-line radio is in a little delay so when I see some action, I have no idea on Lucas important part in it, and than I hear the detailed description with X to Lucas, Lucas to Y, again Lucas, good pass Lucas, Lucas header deflecting.. I suppose they do not get paid by Lucas to invent it.
Sometime there are the replays when we see him in action, after hearing it in the radio, we know when and whereto look..
TO tell you the truth , as I can not hear radios from England, I use the live comentry of skysport for this aim, but it is not very well, as SKYSPORT ignore him most of the time, unless he does something wrong.   
Bless el Alonso and others who takes the trouble to make compilations.

Sorry if i was too long again but I wanted to explain something, and maybe some of you will do the same to get a better hint what went on off the ball and the camera
You may miss it even if you are on the stands, i have seen people listening to little radios during the game, beleive it or not, and not only to see another game result.

either that or go the match & don't worry about the commentry
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #8087 on: March 27, 2011, 08:16:42 pm »
A little difficult when she doesn't live in this country. That comment's beneath you mate, surely.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8088 on: March 27, 2011, 08:17:08 pm »
Scotland is a part of the united kingdom, I do not understand why they have the right to play in the world cup. 

Might have something to do with the fact Scotland were playing International football a good 40 odd years before you took up the idea..that and centuries of them being an independent country until forced into an act of union in the 1700's which there is a sizeable seperatist movement to overturn...I'll give you that in the next 90 odd years you've become better at playing footy than them though!
+6 ticket exchange

Offline Box

• Main Stander
« Reply #8089 on: March 27, 2011, 08:19:08 pm »

unfortunately for her, despite her being brazilian, all her country's 'home' game (bar qualifiers) seem to be in every country but brazil.

Offline martinkelly

• Kopite
« Reply #8090 on: March 27, 2011, 08:19:14 pm »
I think it's just me, but I find it really weird seeing a Liverpool player playing for Brazil in that distinctive yellow kit.  ???

Offline King Kenny07

• Main Stander
  • JFT96
« Reply #8091 on: March 27, 2011, 08:19:52 pm »
I thought Lucas did really well today, kenny definitely needs to give him a new contract!!!  :)
Bill Shankly speaking To Alan Ball after he'd signed for Everton - 'Never mind Alan, at least you'll be able to play next to a great team.'

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #8092 on: March 27, 2011, 08:22:53 pm »
lucas , rivaldo, ronaldinho, dunga, juninho what a midfield that would have been !

they've had a couple of decent midfields of the years, one that wasn't bad was:

Zico, Falcao, Socrates & Cerezo
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8093 on: March 27, 2011, 08:27:17 pm »
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8094 on: March 27, 2011, 08:27:21 pm »
I love the brasilian international, liked every team of them so far. Their style of play, and I don´t mean the fancy stuff.. .just the way they keep possession as well as their passing has always been better than the rest of the world. And it still annoys me that they went out at the WC when thinking about it...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #8095 on: March 27, 2011, 08:27:44 pm »
I think it's just me, but I find it really weird seeing a Liverpool player playing for Brazil in that distinctive yellow kit.  ???

No it's not just you.  I find it very strange seeing Torres in blue, I just can't get used to it! 

Offline KingsRevolution

• Kopite
« Reply #8096 on: March 27, 2011, 08:27:49 pm »
 :-*

Offline mulhergremista

• Kopite
« Reply #8097 on: March 27, 2011, 08:49:05 pm »
What number does Lucas normally wear for Brazil? Seen him wear both 5 and 8 on numerous occasions. Looking to get his shirt :wave

In all the games under Mano menezes he wore the 5 number.  TOday, BTW they did not have the names on the shirts, mayb because of so many injuries and changes of the last minutes.  No. 5 is an important numer in the Brazil system,  the 4 of the defense and him are the "defensive quintet"  Until now, actually , with David Luis, today with Lucio. Luio went up many times, and i have noot seen muh of Thiago Silva today.. I will have to see the retransmission later this night (I confess I have seen the westham game 3 times and enjoyed every minute of it

If you want to be on the safe side, wait untill the all-up for Copa america, when they will all have official numbers and names.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8098 on: March 27, 2011, 08:50:52 pm »

oh yeah ! i saw zico on the footballs greatest programme the other week. Top notch player.
AND ARBELOAAAAA

Offline MaschHead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8099 on: March 27, 2011, 09:07:21 pm »

If only football was still played that way :D

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #8100 on: March 27, 2011, 09:12:03 pm »
What's his twitter mate?

http://twitter.com/Morgo10

# @LucasLeiva87 thanks for for following me la as good to see some of the first team following the academy lads , thanks u ok ?

@Morgo10 no problem mate. You are doing really well , keep working hard. in reply to Morgo10

# @LucasLeiva87 Thank you I will do I'll try my best, it would mean so much to get the first team, all the academy lads love you as a player !

This is the tweet when Morgan said Lucas was his favourite current LFC player.

Scouthy
@Morgo10 Who is your favorite current LFC player ? :) #YNWA

Morgo10 Adam Morgan
@Scouthy go to be @LucasLeiva87 #ledgend
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:15:29 pm by koolkamal »
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline llcooljoel

• He's bad
  • Legacy Fan
  • Denying I wanted Owen Coyle since 2011.
« Reply #8101 on: March 27, 2011, 09:14:55 pm »
Lucas was outstanding today and looked far older than his 23 years. Accurate, confident, creative, tough in the tackle, albeit against a distinctly average Scottish side but he was the heartbeat of Brazil and deserves his starting place on merit. People forget how young he still is but for me he has the makings of a top class playmaker.
We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #8102 on: March 27, 2011, 09:17:06 pm »

funnily enough he reminded me of socrates - not his actual play but the way he strolled around giving nonchalant passes and that kind of walking run he does

i'm sure he's not on 40 a day like socrates was tho  ;D, that would be joe  ;)
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8103 on: March 27, 2011, 09:19:19 pm »
http://twitter.com/Morgo10

# @LucasLeiva87 thanks for for following me la as good to see some of the first team following the academy lads , thanks u ok ?

@Morgo10 no problem mate. You are doing really well , keep working hard. in reply to Morgo10

# @LucasLeiva87 Thank you I will do I'll try my best, it would mean so much to get the first team, all the academy lads love you as a player !

This is the tweet when Morgan said Lucas was his favourite current LFC player.

Scouthy
@Morgo10 Who is your favorite current LFC player ? :) #YNWA

Morgo10 Adam Morgan
@Scouthy go to be @LucasLeiva87 #ledgend

It shows that I don't use twitter as I haven't a got a clue what the above means.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #8104 on: March 27, 2011, 09:21:27 pm »
It shows that I don't use twitter as I haven't a got a clue what the above means.
Forget the @ stuff, read it as a conversation between Morgan and Lucas, Morgan first.

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #8105 on: March 27, 2011, 09:23:01 pm »

Haha Basically Morgan thanked Lucas for 'following him' as people do on twitter. Lucas said no problem and told Morgan he's doing really well and to keep working hard and Morgan responded with thanks and that it would mean so much to make the first team and that all the Academy players Love Lucas as a player.

Below that someone asked Morgan who his favourite current LFC player is and he said Lucas is his favourite.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8106 on: March 27, 2011, 09:33:01 pm »
Forget the @ stuff, read it as a conversation between Morgan and Lucas, Morgan first.
Haha Basically Morgan thanked Lucas for 'following him' as people do on twitter. Lucas said no problem and told Morgan he's doing really well and to keep working hard and Morgan responded with thanks and that it would mean so much to make the first team and that all the Academy players Love Lucas as a player.

Below that someone asked Morgan who his favourite current LFC player is and he said Lucas is his favourite.
:P Thanks guys
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8107 on: March 27, 2011, 10:08:19 pm »
funnily enough he reminded me of socrates - not his actual play but the way he strolled around giving nonchalant passes and that kind of walking run he does

i'm sure he's not on 40 a day like socrates was tho  ;D, that would be joe  ;)

Lucas being compared with socrates ?? oh my word ! Theres so many "beleivars" on here its unbelievable, he is a good player that you want in the squad but in 20 years time I very much doubt people will talk superlatives about lucas , like is done today about midfielders like Molby,Souness etc.  He often for me doesn't express the "brazilian style " and often tries to get the ball quick to give to players like Gerrard, Kuyt etc. which is good but not all the time in the position he plays in.He has improved heavily,got stronger and seems a good lad but to compare him with socrates is ludicrous in my opinion. If you compare him with a player of Jack Wilsheres' calibre for example , the differences are staggering for me. When I go to the game I never get on lucas' back and always appreciate his efforts but he is no Socrates.

Johan Cruyff the best ever footballer for me smoked a lot of cigs too !
AND ARBELOAAAAA

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8108 on: March 27, 2011, 10:11:39 pm »
Lucas being compared with socrates ?? oh my word ! Theres so many "beleivars" on here its unbelievable, he is a good player that you want in the squad but in 20 years time I very much doubt people will talk superlatives about lucas , like is done today about midfielders like Molby,Souness etc.  He often for me doesn't express the "brazilian style " and often tries to get the ball quick to give to players like Gerrard, Kuyt etc. which is good but not all the time in the position he plays in.He has improved heavily,got stronger and seems a good lad but to compare him with socrates is ludicrous in my opinion. If you compare him with a player of Jack Wilsheres' calibre for example , the differences are staggering for me. When I go to the game I never get on lucas' back and always appreciate his efforts but he is no Socrates.

Johan Cruyff the best ever footballer for me smoked a lot of cigs too !

FFS did you even read his post?

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #8109 on: March 27, 2011, 10:11:54 pm »
You don't understand what you call 'The Brazilian style' then. It's as simple as that.

Oh and comparing him to Socrates isn't saying he is as good. So many of you just don't understand some of the simple comparisons on here, and if you actually tried to you might understand a bit more.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8110 on: March 27, 2011, 10:12:26 pm »
You don't understand what you call 'The Brazilian style' then. It's as simple as that.

So it's impersonating a seal then?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8111 on: March 27, 2011, 10:13:57 pm »
Played well today, Never looks out of place.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8112 on: March 27, 2011, 10:14:38 pm »
Lucas being compared with socrates ?? oh my word ! Theres so many "beleivars" on here its unbelievable, he is a good player that you want in the squad but in 20 years time I very much doubt people will talk superlatives about lucas , like is done today about midfielders like Molby,Souness etc.  He often for me doesn't express the "brazilian style " and often tries to get the ball quick to give to players like Gerrard, Kuyt etc. which is good but not all the time in the position he plays in.

I don't know enough about Socrates to make the comparison, so the nearest equivalent for me is Whelan. However, the myth about Lucas being unBrazilian is bollocks. He is the very model of a Brazilian player, but in an area which English fans don't much notice. See him in tandem with Aurelio, when Aurelio isn't being bullied out of the midfield, and you'll see how Brazilian he is.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8113 on: March 27, 2011, 10:18:33 pm »
@Morgo10 is a blatant fake, he puts 'lad' after everything to try and seem scouse, he tweeted nathan eccleston 3 times, saying 'Follow me Nath, Lad'.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #8114 on: March 27, 2011, 10:19:20 pm »
Lucas being compared with socrates ?? oh my word !

not his actual play

Oh my "word", indeed!
Ludi Circenses!

Offline eeekaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8115 on: March 27, 2011, 11:09:41 pm »
Does anyone know a reliable website where I can buy the new Brazil shirt but with 'Lucas 5' on the back or is it not possible...

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8116 on: March 27, 2011, 11:15:16 pm »
Does anyone know a reliable website where I can buy the new Brazil shirt but with 'Lucas 5' on the back or is it not possible...

It's impossible unfortunately.

Offline eeekaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8117 on: March 27, 2011, 11:16:59 pm »
It's impossible unfortunately.

Cheers. It's a shame, it would have been cool

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8118 on: March 27, 2011, 11:18:53 pm »
Cheers. It's a shame, it would have been cool

Haha, sorry I was joking, I have no idea where you'd get it but I don't see why you couldn't.

Do all international kits have to use the same font for the text? If so you could easily get his name put on at JJB or something.

Offline MartinSkrtelsBasement

• Kopite
« Reply #8119 on: March 27, 2011, 11:24:35 pm »
I know it was only Scotland but looked absolutely class today.

Showed me a glimpse of what kind of a player he could be if he was surrounded by players with more creativity.
Pirlo is a silent leader. He speaks with his feet.
—Marcello Lippi