Author Topic: Huawei (5G)  (Read 4984 times)

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Huawei (5G)
« on: January 26, 2020, 10:35:00 pm »
So President Trump has advised Boris not to let Huawei build a 5G network in the UK because he fears that would give the Chinese government undue influence. Huawei are banned from the USA and now Trump wants them banned here.

What do you make of that? Should we tell Trump to do one or is Huawei really a threat to national security?

Apparently a decision is going to be made soon.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 02:55:54 pm by rebel23 »

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Huawei
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 11:52:28 pm »
The Americans are unhappy that we aren't buying products from them that allows the US government unfettered access to our data. None of it is safe on any provider of digital infrastructure

Would not surprise me if we caved to the US pressure cos we need a trade deal with them. Huawei seems cheaper and more advanced but there is more considerations than that

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 02:10:56 pm »
Anything to piss off Trump is good by me. Sell to the Chinese!

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 02:48:39 pm »
Decision tomorrow on this:

The UK government is expected to decide on Tuesday whether to ban equipment made by Chinese technology giant Huawei from its 5G networks.

The US is lobbying the UK to exclude it on the grounds of national security.

Huawei insists it would never take orders from the Chinese government.

Prime Minister Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is chairing a meeting of the National Security Council at which the decision will be made - although it may not be announced immediately.

'Technologically dependent'

There is speculation Mr Johnson might choose to ban Huawei from the "core" parts of the networks only.

The core carries out essential functions such as authenticating subscribers and sending voice and data between devices and is sometimes described as the "brains" or "heart" of a network.

Former Foreign Secretary Jeremy C*nt told BBC Radio 4's Today programme he "wondered whether it was wise" for the UK to become "technologically dependent on another country".

"I would say if the decision goes the other way this week, as some of the signs seem to indicate it might, I hope there will also be some reflection in the US, because we have never needed the Western alliance to be stronger than now," he said.

Meanwhile, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo tweeted in support of Conservative MP Tom Tugendhat, who had written in the Mail on Sunday that it would be wrong to allow Huawei into the network.

"MP Tom Tugendhat gets it right," Mr Pompeo wrote.

Last year, the US banned companies from selling components and technology to Huawei and 68 related companies, citing national-security concerns.

And two weeks ago, it presented a dossier to the British government it said showed new security risks posed by using the company.

However, UK intelligence officials believe it is possible to design a system architecture in which a larger number of cores are protected from interference.

The fifth generation of mobile internet connectivity promises much faster data download and upload speeds, wider coverage and more stable connections.

It works by making better use of the radio spectrum, enabling far more devices to access the mobile internet at the same time.

The four 5G networks in the UK are run by:

-Three

-EE (a subsidiary of BT)

-Vodafone

EE, Three and Vodafone would all have to strip out some Huawei equipment if the ban is approved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51263800

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 04:49:06 pm »

Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I would think any big Chinese company takes order from the Chinese government....would i be wrong?

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 07:21:58 pm »

Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I would think any big Chinese company takes order from the Chinese government....would i be wrong?

Probably not, but I'd trust them slightly more than the other c*nts we're desperate to get into bed with

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 09:48:02 pm »
Worried the CIA will lose access to our information?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 10:02:46 pm »
Of course we will copy Trump, we have to since we have Mini Me in charge.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 10:03:04 pm »
Love my Huawei phone.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 10:11:07 pm »
Huawei the lads
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 01:31:33 am »
They were banned from the 5G bidding in Australia. From memory there was the implication at the time that there could be issues with the 5 eyes agreement if they were allowed in.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-01/huawei-pleads-for-federal-government-to-lift-5g-network-ban/11661778
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 01:33:20 am by leroy »

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2020, 10:06:08 am »
Just use Marconi, oh wait the c*nts at BT saw that option off when they went with Huawei 15 years ago.

As you were, forgot we had no telecoms skills here these days.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2020, 11:17:45 am »
Love my Huawei phone.
Huawei the lads
Yeah, I've had a Huawei Honor phone for 2 year and think it's great.

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2020, 11:19:20 am »
Faisal Islam
@faisalislam
As UK telecoms industry looks like it is about to get its way in terms of use of Huawei tech outside of core network for 5G services... they argue it is already within their rollout, cheaper, part of a diversified network of other suppliers, and no evidence yet of backdoors etc..

... they have been pointing out that significant impact of US approach to Huawei is to push Chinese to become entirely self sufficient in mobile technology - chips, operating systems etc, previously sourced from US (Android) or UK - now being developed within China for its market

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2020, 12:23:39 pm »
Breaking News: Britain won't ban equipment by Huawei from its 5G network, the starkest sign that the U.S. campaign against the Chinese technology giant is faltering

-

Wow Trump is going to be pissed.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2020, 12:40:26 pm »
Sky News business presenter Ian King said: "I think you'll hear sighs of relief from all four of the major suppliers. They've all started building 5G services and all of them have Huawei kit in there."

There was also a consumer element, he said, adding: "American mobile phone users pay at least $20 a month more than British customers do and one of the reasons the mobile operators suggest for this is because America has taken Huawei out of its mobile networks so they have to replace it with more expensive kit from elsewhere."

Good news for the consumer I guess.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2020, 12:51:34 pm »
Good. Fuck you Trump.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2020, 02:53:34 pm »
Has anyone actually used 5G yet? What are the speeds like? Will it fuck DSL/Cable providers and change things?

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Huawei (5G)
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2020, 03:15:18 pm »
The White House this morning blasted Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson's decision to allow the Chinese telecom giant Huawei and other "untrusted vendors" to build portions of its future telecommunications network.

"The United States is disappointed by the UK’s decision," a senior administration official, who declined to be named, said in a statement. "There is no safe option for untrusted vendors to control any part of a 5G network."

According to the official, the U.S. will still work with the longtime ally on "a way forward" that excludes equipment from Huawei.

The State Department has been traversing the globe warning countries that Huawei and other Chinese-manufactured equipment could pose a national security threat by providing a tool for Beijing to effectively spy on foreign governments and citizens.

Trump administration officials have gone so far as to suggest that sharing sensitive intelligence with nations that use the technology could be restricted, a response that has already garnered the support of at least some Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill.

"We continue to urge all countries to carefully assess the long-term national security and economic impacts of allowing untrusted vendors access to important 5G network infrastructure," the administration official said.

"We look forward to working with the UK on a way forward that results in the exclusion of untrusted vendor components from 5G networks."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/28/uk-huawei-5g-107535

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2020, 03:54:05 pm »
Has anyone actually used 5G yet? What are the speeds like? Will it fuck DSL/Cable providers and change things?

Apparently amazing if you have 100% clear line of sight to a transmitter...if a leaf gets in the way then you're screwed......lower levels of 5G still have good speeds but don't think landline stuff is going anywhere soon

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4PLhxYIDwJs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4PLhxYIDwJs</a>
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 03:56:16 pm by [new username under construction] »

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2020, 04:08:05 pm »
Apparently amazing if you have 100% clear line of sight to a transmitter...if a leaf gets in the way then you're screwed......lower levels of 5G still have good speeds but don't think landline stuff is going anywhere soon

thanks for posting. I guess we'll have to wait for the satellites that Blue Origin and SpaceX are launching to compete with DSL/Cable. Now that will be interesting.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2020, 04:52:15 pm »
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/28/uk-huawei-5g-107535

Untrusted vendors :lmao   Google and Facebook know more about me than my family do and god knows what they do with the data they have collected !!!
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2020, 04:57:58 pm »
Untrusted vendors :lmao   Google and Facebook know more about me than my family do and god knows what they do with the data they have collected !!!

They send it all to me and I can confirm you're a horrible young man!

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 1, 2020, 09:53:08 am »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/qz.com/1145669/googles-true-origin-partly-lies-in-cia-and-nsa-research-grants-for-mass-surveillance/amp/

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 7, 2020, 03:22:31 pm »
President Trump not happy with Boris over this:

Trump Attacked Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson Over Huawei in Heated Phone Call

Donald Trump berated Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson during a heated phone call, after the British prime minister rejected the U.S. president’s request to ban Huawei Technologies Co. from its next-generation broadband networks.

Trump had spent months trying to persuade the British government not to allow the Chinese company to take a role in the U.K.’s 5G networks and was unhappy that Johnson defied his demands.

The president’s angry reaction, first reported in the Financial Times and confirmed by a person familiar with the matter, is a blow to Johnson as he seeks to pin down a post-Brexit trade deal with the U.S. following the U.K.‘s split from the European Union on Jan. 31.

Johnson was planning to visit the U.S. but no date has been set, and there are reports in British newspapers that this trip is now delayed.

Trump wants allies to ban Huawei on security grounds, amid concerns that the Chinese company is vulnerable to state spies. Huawei strongly denies that it poses a security risk.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-07/trump-attacked-u-k-s-johnson-over-huawei-in-heated-phone-call

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: The weather
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2020, 12:39:37 am »
Although I'm up in Sefton, I saw the lightning flash. Mrs. Spion then messaged me to say it was overhead at Sefton Park. The Echo are saying the lightning struck the Lark Lane area.

Trust me to miss it.  ::)

Hopefully that new 5g mast.

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Re: The weather
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2020, 01:07:27 am »
Hopefully that new 5g mast.

What's wrong with 5G masts?

You've not fallen for that claptrap about radiation and crap have you?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2020, 01:24:27 am »
What's wrong with 5G masts?

You've not fallen for that claptrap about radiation and crap have you?

Yes. I 100% feel it's all down to 5g.

I cannot be swayed .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2020, 01:29:21 am »
* Dreads waking up tomorrow and seeing too many people on me case *

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2020, 01:37:23 am »
Yes. I 100% feel it's all down to 5g.

I cannot be swayed .

Wait.. What..?

You actually think a Coronavirus - something that has been identified and known about since the 1930s (But have been around for hundreds of years, if not longer..) has been caused somehow by 5G?

Or are you saying the virus doesn't exist?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2020, 02:20:12 am »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2020, 02:22:51 am »

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2020, 02:31:29 am »
Wait.. What..?

You actually think a Coronavirus - something that has been identified and known about since the 1930s (But have been around for hundreds of years, if not longer..) has been caused somehow by 5G?

Or are you saying the virus doesn't exist?

You see right there you are saying Iam putting this virus stuff on 5g .

My previous comment was slightly tongue and cheek by the way. I don't really dig electro magnetic pollution , microwaves etc. Thing I find a bit weird is people who don't dig 5g are now getting all tarred with that same old brush and people like you and others automatically think we put this old virus thing as the root cause of it.

Game , set and match again I reckon.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2020, 01:23:15 pm »
You see right there you are saying Iam putting this virus stuff on 5g .

My previous comment was slightly tongue and cheek by the way. I don't really dig electro magnetic pollution , microwaves etc. Thing I find a bit weird is people who don't dig 5g are now getting all tarred with that same old brush and people like you and others automatically think we put this old virus thing as the root cause of it.

Game , set and match again I reckon.

Plenty of loons out there saying just that;

https://inews.co.uk/news/technology/coronavirus-conspiracy-theories-claims-facebook-5g-debunked-1998987

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2020, 02:47:14 pm »
It's a natural thing for people to lump the Other together. 5g, fracking, antivaxxers, who killed JR-ers space landing reservists, flat earthers and 9-11 conspiricists all believe the same things and must be shunned.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2020, 03:04:35 pm »
I see the P40 is out, Huawei's first phone released in the west without Google services. Has anyone played about with one ? Im quite interested, but not £700 interested.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2020, 08:39:24 am »
Thanks for bumping this thread!

I thought this would end ages ago but apparently a new twist. People are burning down these masts because they believe they're linked to COVID-19;

Groups on Facebook have been found calling for the harassment of 5G engineers and celebrating criminal damage to mobile phone masts - despite the social network claiming to be aggressively targeting disinformation.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-concern-after-facebook-groups-call-for-harassment-of-5g-engineers-11974088

Ashamed to say one was targeted in Liverpool (Aintree).

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/5g-mast-on-fire-hours-18041768
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 08:43:49 am by rebel23 »

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2020, 01:30:11 pm »
Looks like the tories are going to boot out Huawei because of the virus.

Huge implications for 5G in the UK:

The government’s argument didn’t persuade a group of Tories. They include former party leader Iain Duncan Smith, who led a rebellion over a relatively minor piece of telecommunications legislation in the House of Commons last month to warn ministers of the strength of feeling about Huawei. The government, which has an 80-seat majority, passed the bill by just 24 votes.

“I think the mood in the parliamentary party has hardened,” Tom Tugendhat, the Conservative chairman of the House of Commons Foreign Affairs Committee, said in an interview.

“And I think it’s a shared realization of what it means for dependence on a business that is part of a state that does not share our values. That has become clearer.”

Asked if he agreed that the government won’t get its legislation through, Tugendhat replied: “Yes.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/tory-rebels-oppose-plan-to-let-huawei-build-5g-networks-1.4231348

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2020, 12:53:36 am »
The only question you need to ask about whether you want Huawei in your 5G is: do you want the Chinese Government to have access to the data passing over that network?

Does the benefit of having the best 5G technology (which I don't want to minimise) outweigh the cost of the CCP having the ability to know everything about you and everyone you know, just by asking Ren Zhengfei?

It's not necessarily a simple question, and different countries, with different economic circumstances and cultures will approach it differently.

But I suspect it will be hard for most Western governments to ultimately permit Huawei in their 5G networks, in practice.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2020, 12:05:35 am »
The only question you need to ask about whether you want Huawei in your 5G is: do you want the Chinese Government to have access to the data passing over that network?

Does the benefit of having the best 5G technology (which I don't want to minimise) outweigh the cost of the CCP having the ability to know everything about you and everyone you know, just by asking Ren Zhengfei?

It's not necessarily a simple question, and different countries, with different economic circumstances and cultures will approach it differently.

But I suspect it will be hard for most Western governments to ultimately permit Huawei in their 5G networks, in practice.
Is the option not them having it or the US having that same data? Who controls the 3G and 4G that we currently have? Genuine questions as I don’t know how it’s too different.