Author Topic: Monitor for my comp not working, advice needed  (Read 5562 times)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Re: Monitor help.
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2020, 02:02:51 pm »
Which monitor? It might be that the resolution is too high for your DVI cable.

There are two types of DVI cable - you need DVI Dual Link for anything above 1080p.

:D

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2020, 05:06:56 pm »
I’m pretty sure it’s dual link but I will double check. I will try and reduce the screen resolution and then see if I can get the VGA or DVI to work

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2020, 06:52:41 pm »
Fuck sake. There’s two DVI sockets on the PC and I was plugging the cable into the input rather than the output. Doh! All working now

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2020, 07:02:22 pm »
Fuck sake. There’s two DVI sockets on the PC and I was plugging the cable into the input rather than the output. Doh! All working now

;D

:D

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2020, 07:09:43 pm »
;D

ha ha - at least he didn't turn it on and off again

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Monitor for my comp not working, advice needed
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2024, 02:15:25 pm »
I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre PC that I use to work from home.

A few weeks ago I brought it to my girlfriend's house to work from there rather than going back and forward every day.

I adjusted the brightness and contrast to suit the environment I was working in, but I've since brought the PC back home and when I press the button on the monitor to adjust it comes up 'Menu is Locked.'

I've raised it with our IT department who have no idea how to resolve it, so I'm now resorting to finding 3 year old threads on RAWK.

Anyone any ideas how to fix it? There's nothing in the settings that can adjust the brightness or contrast, only these buttons on the monitor that don't seem to want to allow me to fix it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2024, 07:54:33 pm »
Is this an all-in-one PC or is the monitor something else?

I've seen references online to holding the OSD menu button down for 10 seconds to clear a lock on Lenovos but can't claim any experience using them.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2024, 09:30:52 am »
Is this an all-in-one PC or is the monitor something else?

I've seen references online to holding the OSD menu button down for 10 seconds to clear a lock on Lenovos but can't claim any experience using them.

That worked. Searched online and wasn't able to find anything. Searched this morning after reading your post and there's loads that say to do this  :D

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2024, 08:39:26 pm »
That worked. Searched online and wasn't able to find anything. Searched this morning after reading your post and there's loads that say to do this  :D

What I'm shocked about is how an IT dept didn't spot that. 90% of tech support is knowing how to find results on Google!
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2024, 01:37:38 pm »
What I'm shocked about is how an IT dept didn't spot that. 90% of tech support is knowing how to find results on Google!

It'll come as no shock that their advice was turn it off and on again, which I do literally every single day  ::)
Shared screen with them and hoked around in the settings, despite me saying I've already done all this. He was saying he has setting on his, which was a completely different device  ;D
In the end he said to bring it with me next time I'm coming into the office as they'll need to investigate it. Just told them I'll get on with it.

I'm baffled as to how I'd have locked it in the first place though. Would have been no need for me to be near them buttons apart from when I adjusted it the first time.