Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Media and Arts / Re: Shogun (TV Mini Series 2024)
« Last post by FlashingBlade on Today at 03:47:04 pm »
I think this being relatively stuck away on Disney+ ( Star/FX) its not getting the media/audience attention it fully deserves.

Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by Jayo10 on Today at 03:46:46 pm »
MacAllister isn’t world class by my definition ( i.e. within best 2-3 players in your position in the World).

Trent  is definitely in best 2-3 right backs in the World. Is MacAllister in top 2-3 No 6’s or top 4-6 No8’s in Workd football?

MacAllister is a very good player but for me the argument that Trent is the only WC player we have under 30 is a valid one.

How can you claim a guy who either cannot (or rather doesn't want to) defend is one of the best RBs in the world?

He's stuck between 2 stools, not good enough to be a midfielder, and not aggressive enough to be a defender.

He only worked in our system for a few years, now he's like a quarter back in his hybrid role, when he has space in front of him and the ball at his feet his passing is first class. But out of possession he is shocking.

Like a lad who has listened to too much praise of himself. These inverted full backs need to be able to play, but defending is the bread and butter. If he can't do it, then he needs some fucking intensive coaching. If he doesn't want to do it, then he needs a rocket up his arse.

It's gone on too long now, remember the final in Paris when he let Vini Jr nip in behind him? The lad has zero defensive instincts, or notions about what to do out of possession.

It used to be only really top sides that exploited this, but now he's getting done by mediocre teams.

And Madrid ain't buying him, they will squeeze him to leave for nothing next summer if they want him, and he would be perfect for them.
Media and Arts / Re: Shogun (TV Mini Series 2024)
« Last post by FlashingBlade on Today at 03:45:19 pm »
Didn't read this thread till I finished the series...and haven't read the books either...so was somewhat surprised at the reaction to Blackthorn?....thought he was great personally...an effective oafish, impulsive and reckless counterpart to the ritualistic, ceremonial and deeply held stoic values of the Japanese culture he landed in.....a key character and excellently portrayed by Cosmo Jarvis...thoroughly enjoyed his very apparent influences - Oliver Reed, Hopkins, Richard Harris et al - a suitably old fashioned performance in what was a pleasingly old fashioned, epic TV series ....

Said same meself....next James Bond or Dr.Who ;D
« Last post by Jookie on Today at 03:43:14 pm »
How do you work that one out?

Who’s been a better and more influential right back in World football over the last 3-5 seasons?
This was the list the nerds put together before we signed Diaz. This was published in January 2022.

Eww. Lang is good though.
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by Son of Spion on Today at 03:43:02 pm »

When they had crowd shots I was quite taken aback by how excited they were, this really was special for them, a bit like prisoners of war who get a red cross parcel. Remember that it is through days like these you learn to live again.
I don't think their utter desperation can be underestimated. Us beating them in a derby is just a other day at the office. Them beating us is like some life-affirming ascent to nirvana. We are all their cup finals rolled into one. We dominate their very existence to such an extent that they cannot escape us. Make no mistakes, this single win on their own ground in 14 years is the highlight of a lot of their lives. None of their fans under 35 will remember seeing their side lift a trophy. A win against the European giant next door is as good as it gets for them, and it shows.

If Espanyol got one over on Barcelona, they'd celebrate just the same.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’
« Last post by Schmarn on Today at 03:42:54 pm »
How can you adapt though. They were flying into challenges and getting away with fouling our players left right and centre. Then as soon as we went near them they were getting soft free kicks all over the place. Last night was like a boxing match in which only fighter was allowed to punch their opponent.

The reffing was poor but doesn’t explain why we lost every header in the box from a set piece. It was the only way they were going to score. The niggles and half fouls might frustrate us but let’s not be in denial and pin last night on the refs.  The first goal was Sunday league defending and the uncontested header from 6 yards out for the second was a disgrace. Yes, Virg was partially blocked but he was too far away and ambling into position.

None of which excuses the finishing which was brainless again. It’s clear now that Darwin doesn’t aim, he just wellies it. I don’t want to see him grinning in a derby game especially when he’s been so poor. It’s not just him obviously but we got what we deserved last night.

Feel sorry for Jurgen but in the end it was a step too far this year given where we were last season.

Everton were hungrier and wanted it more which is the first time I’ve said that in the Klopp era in a derby game.
« Last post by A-Bomb on Today at 03:42:35 pm »
Hi attitude to defending is nothing short of disgusting. He can do it , I've seen him have some really good games defensively, but he just cant be bothered. "I'm Trent Alexander Arnold, did you see the goal I scored against Fulham last week? Did you see that pass I made in the first half? What? You want me to defend too?? ME?? try and win a 50 50?? Jump and compete for headers?? Not let people walk past me like I'm not there?? Not switch off every other game and let someone in at the back post?? Ha ha, funny, I'm Trent Alexander Arnold..." Should never be allowed to play right back ever again!

Hows the blood pressure fella?  ;D
Sad to see the Nunez thread open again and the same scumbags given free reign to bash the fuck out of him with their "I told you he was shit months ago and no one listened" posts.

Why are these vermin allowed to post here. They're the reason the likes of Red Beret are wanting to bin the site off.

I actually closed RAWK down last night with the intention of not coming back ever.

I happened to look in the Salah thread last night towards the end of that shitshow last night and he was getting hammered again like everything was his fault. I am not saying that Mo is playing as well as he has ever done but he almost had two excellent assists last night that could well have changed the result, yet he is finished according to the majority of the posters in there last night. I did want to post YNWA unless your name is Mo Salah but I figured it wouldn't have had any effect.

We were poor all over last night, too slow in possession at the back and in midfield and it seems we have forgotten how to play and pass with speed and intensity. I have been keeping an eye on the number of runs behind our players have been making, of which there have been loads, but nobody seems to want to play that killer ball over the top preferring instead to pass short to the nearest Red player.

We cannot discount the number of injuries we have had, the fact that we have bedded in 4 new midfielders and the news that Jurgen is leaving as potential reasons for our recent struggles. I know we are all hurting because of the result last night but tearing into our players is not something that sits well with me.
« Last post by The25thofmay on Today at 03:39:12 pm »
Hi attitude to defending is nothing short of disgusting. He can do it , I've seen him have some really good games defensively, but he just cant be bothered. "I'm Trent Alexander Arnold, did you see the goal I scored against Fulham last week? Did you see that pass I made in the first half? What? You want me to defend too?? ME?? try and win a 50 50?? Jump and compete for headers?? Not let people walk past me like I'm not there?? Not switch off every other game and let someone in at the back post?? Ha ha, funny, I'm Trent Alexander Arnold..." Should never be allowed to play right back ever again!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10