Author Topic: CL: Napoli 2 Liverpool 0 Mertens (p) 81' Llorente 90+1'  (Read 37542 times)

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL: Napoli 2 Liverpool 0 Mertens (p) 81' Llorente 90+1'
« Reply #640 on: September 19, 2019, 12:32:18 pm »
We are becoming a Wonderful team but we need to win the league to become A Wonder Team, and a few times at that. And as for Wijnaldum, he has far too many off games where he does Fuck All and I like my midfielders to score every once in a while to give us an added edge..

Yeah! We need a midfielder that bang a few goals in big games. Despite doing that for the national team, Wijnaldum has never done that for us. Not that I can remember.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #641 on: September 19, 2019, 01:57:23 pm »
I think what he probably means is that the player jumped before contact because he knew he was going into contact. Sometimes players automatically take evasive action and it looks like diving but it isn't.

It's a tough call but to me looked like a dive and a fair bit robust challenge by Robbo. Harsh penalty but I can see why it was given.
I don't think it was a pen. I don't even think it was a 'robust challenge'.......Robbo clearly toe-pokes the ball away first and foremost - and then the Napoli player decides to launch himself over Robbo's leg. On the official highlights, Gary Gillespie got it wrong when he said Robbo 'kicks fresh air'.......the subsequent slow-mo showed Robbo clearly got the ball. Then Callejon, knowing he'd lost the ball, decides to launch into a dive before any contact with Robbo. Terrible decision by the ref........made even worse by the VAR clowns allowing it to stand.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: September 19, 2019, 03:04:43 pm »
We suffered from not having a 'striker' on the pitch - someone with physical presence. That's my 2 cents.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: September 19, 2019, 03:09:53 pm »
We suffered from not having a 'striker' on the pitch - someone with physical presence. That's my 2 cents.

Ah, I wonder how we've gotten where we are at without a striker on the pitch.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #644 on: September 19, 2019, 03:25:44 pm »

I think we need a bit more creatively in midfield in these big away games. 1 goal in group last year, didnt score at Barca and those two scoreless games at the Ev and United that cost us in the league. 1 at Chelsea in last minute, 1 at City, 1 at Arsenal. - all games we didnt win.

If we are just relying on the front three then when they have off days we wont score.. at times Origi and Sturridge stepped up with goals and Shaq against United and obviously Gini V Barca but these all as impact subs. Gini's a forced sub. We usually make changes late.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 03:29:38 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: September 19, 2019, 03:28:49 pm »

Need to bring Benteke back. Or Andy Carroll?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #646 on: September 19, 2019, 03:49:38 pm »
Need to bring Benteke back. Or Andy Carroll?

We just need another way to break teams down rather than relying on the front three every game or a set piece. Although we're a much better team overall, that's what Coutinho gave. It's where Klopp has so much hopes in Chamberlain because before the injury he was the one who'd replaced what we lost with Coutinho.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: September 19, 2019, 03:54:42 pm »

nah - we just didn't take our chances and the final pass was off all night, nothing to do with no "striker" on the pitch

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #648 on: September 19, 2019, 03:55:38 pm »

If we’ve proven anything over the last few seasons it’s that this sort of line of thinking isn’t really that valid.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: September 19, 2019, 03:59:36 pm »
Good article here... not sure if its been posted:

Napoli 2-0 Liverpool: ‘Lesson’ will do Reds some good - Mark Lawrenson

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49735081

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: September 19, 2019, 05:08:01 pm »
Bloody hell, he gave the pen even though his view was blocked by our player.  :butt

He prolly thought VAR would sort it mate.. oh wait.......  :lmao
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: September 19, 2019, 08:21:32 pm »
Never read these threads usually after a game, just reminded myself why with some of the shite spouted
I’m here.
Very tough and intimidating place to go, they Wolloped us last season we didn’t get a touch. This time we had spells in the game where we looked well on top as did they , thought they tired second half and we got on top then the pen . Game could have gone either way but a draw would have been sound. Yes we weren’t as crisp as usual but it’s a tough tie .

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #652 on: September 19, 2019, 09:19:31 pm »
No need to over analyse this one. I'm seeing some fairly outlandish suggestions and there's really no need for it. We were beaten away by a good team who eventually had to cheat to score. We made several good openings and didn't capitalise.

We don't need a new formation, different strategy, new players or more rotation. It was just an unfortunate loss. We're fucking mint, truth be told.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #653 on: September 19, 2019, 11:02:26 pm »
Yeah! We need a midfielder that bang a few goals in big games. Despite doing that for the national team, Wijnaldum has never done that for us. Not that I can remember.

Roma. Spurs. Maybe not enough but that is not the role he plays for us. Gini, Hendo, fab, Milner have roles that support the attack (a very prolific front 3), among other things, and are not there necessarily to score goals. Naby and ox may be exceptions but neither has really been healthy.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #654 on: September 19, 2019, 11:07:47 pm »
Roma. Spurs. Maybe not enough but that is not the role he plays for us. Gini, Hendo, fab, Milner have roles that support the attack (a very prolific front 3), among other things, and are not there necessarily to score goals. Naby and ox may be exceptions but neither has really been healthy.

I think the expression is, you’ve just been whooshed.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #655 on: September 19, 2019, 11:14:03 pm »
I think the expression is, you’ve just been whooshed.

Ha. Guess I need to work on my Internet thread sarcasm sensitivity.    :-[

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #656 on: September 21, 2019, 12:42:08 am »
Didn't see the game apart from the horrific second goal.

After watching the highlights, just majorly disappointed that we didn't get anything from the game. Unlike last year we certainly deserved 1 point if not all 3.

Not a pen, tho Robbo probably gave him the chance to dive catch his thigh.

The only only positive that this doesn't really change our position in the group, just makes getting top spot a bit tougher.

At least Chelsea lost as well, 3 pts on Sunday will make up for this one.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: September 21, 2019, 08:47:21 am »
We did fine, until the poor penalty decision. Robbo pokes the ball away, not sure how so few people have noticed this. The ref was terrible all night and VAR is pointless for anything but offside or handball it seems. Learn from it and move on. I’m confident we will do that.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: September 21, 2019, 10:53:02 am »
Sorry if this has already been posted but just found this about 2 Liverpool fans attacked in Naples

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49738617

Really nice to see from our CEO Peter Moore,and my utmost respect goes to him. :wave

We really are a family.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: September 21, 2019, 11:07:09 am »

Hahaha!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Online Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #660 on: September 21, 2019, 01:27:27 pm »
Sorry if this has already been posted but just found this about 2 Liverpool fans attacked in Naples

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49738617

Really nice to see from our CEO Peter Moore,and my utmost respect goes to him. :wave

We really are a family.

Al666 will be on shortly to complain that he didn't take flowers and chocolates in for him  ;D