Author Topic: FT Liverpool (3) - Southampton (0) - Mo 30' 41' Phil 68'  (Read 39830 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: FT Liverpool (3) - Southampton (0) - Mo 30' 41' Phil 68'
« Reply #400 on: November 19, 2017, 02:36:53 pm »
cracking win!..and another clean sheet..be still my beating heart!

Read some Soton fans comments on the Guardian and they are really down ( ha!) and slagged their preformace, which actually I saw differently. Their game plan to park the bus was busted open with our first two goals so they came out and had a go in the second and for first 15 mins of second half clearly target TAA with all their efforts down our right and they  improved their play in the middle, though after first half that wasnt hard...however we where never in danager and to be honest could and should have scored more. Defence played well especially Loveren ( who I am no fan of) albeit against mediocre quality in their attack.

Great win and two 'routine' wins on the bounce at home...rare thing...lets make it three!!

They may have targeted TAA's side but he had his best defensive performance for the club yesterday. It was great to hear the managers comments on Trent and I thought he got them spot on. It's about learning to understand when to go forward, and when to be more compact and not put in stupid tackles which put us under unnecessary pressure. We are showing signs of learning that now, and to me that is proving that step by step we are getting there. I can't wait for the next game now, lets hope they go on learning and when everything really slots together we will have some momentum to propel us up that table.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #401 on: November 19, 2017, 03:25:27 pm »
Good win. Klopp’s subs will continue to baffle me though. Sturridge or Solanke shoud’ve been given minutes ahead of Milner. It was a ridiculous decision considering Southampton were dead on their feet and had given up. What a missed opportunity to boost our goal difference.

To me it made sense to shut the game down, expend as little energy as possible and to avoid any injuries because we have a huge amount of games coming up. There will be plenty of games for everyone in the coming weeks.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: November 19, 2017, 03:32:31 pm »
I liked the starting XI.

Gomez despite doing well for England, being saved for the games against the tough attacking sides coming up.  Trent offering more attacking wise than Gomez, seemed a good idea in a match at home against a team we should be dominating.

I also liked the balance of the midfield.  Last season we were best with Henderson as the deepest, Wijnaldum as the 8 and Lallana being the third creative one.  Coutinho replacing Lallana in that position, made the CM look one of the most balanced we've had this season and I thought all three were excellent as a result.

I thought everyone played well. 

Salah was man of the match, for the important first goal, the intelligent run and finish for the 2nd - plus his all round game is just brilliant.  Starting from his touch, linking with players and his work rate off the ball is ace too.  He'd be a nightmare to play against and he's proving it.

I agree with the poster who said earlier in the thread how Henderson was of the players who set the tempo at the beginning.  I actually thought he gave a pretty flawless performance in terms of how that role needs to be played.  It's a very demanding role, but his energy, pressing, good use of the ball and presence was very impressive. 

Mane is just fab.  A doubt before the game, he's coming back from a injury.  But he is still just a huge threat for the opposition.

Firmino was intense.  Pressing, winning the ball numerous times, always moving, creating gaps, linking play - just gave their defence numerous problems.  Typified by the second goal, where VVD came out of the defence to track him, leaving the big gap for Salah to exploit. 

Talking of that goal, what a pass from Coutinho.  He got a good ovation from the crowd when he came off and rightly so.  After his personal disappointment of not going to his dream club in the summer.  He has knuckled down, been professional, is working very hard without the ball and being the magician with it.  No sulking, he looks like he's enjoying his football and that can be only good for us.

I wouldn't have started Moreno, as I think Robertson's crossing is better and in a game where we hope to dominate, I'd being playing Robertson over Moreno.  Having said that, I think Moreno is just playing so well at the moment, Klopp (I can't argue with it) is finding him tough to drop or rest.  His energy levels are impressive.  He's really improved defensively this season cutting out the rashness and showing more awareness without the ball - when to press or when to drop off.  He also put a couple of really good crosses which could have resulted in goals.  I'm happy for him.  I've been a very big critic of his, which I think was valid at the time.  But now I can't praise him enough for how well he's playing this season and consistently.  Keep it up Alberto!

Wijnaldum I thought had a good game too.  He's not flashy, but he does have that ability to make others around him play better.  Read this week that Wijnaldum has the best win % out of all our CMs.  He might not be the best defensively or the best attacking CM or have loads of touches of the ball or excel at anyone thing really.  But he still seems to provide that balance to the CM to improve it.   

Mignolet had little to do.  Thought a couple of times he maybe should have come off his line quicker.  But he got the ball, so maybe he judged those situations well.

Lovren was very good on the whole and I thought Klavan was quietly impressive.

A very strong performance.  The balance between defence & attack was right.  I think we played at the right tempo as well. 

Probably our best performance of the season.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #403 on: November 19, 2017, 03:35:25 pm »
Good win. Klopp’s subs will continue to baffle me though. Sturridge or Solanke shoud’ve been given minutes ahead of Milner. It was a ridiculous decision considering Southampton were dead on their feet and had given up. What a missed opportunity to boost our goal difference.

Really, a ridiculous decision  ::)

Hilarious how a couple of people are now having a go at him for the subs he made yesterday, weird bunch.

Maybe you need to go look at the fixture list for the next few weeks.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #404 on: November 19, 2017, 03:47:36 pm »
Good post KK.
The only question is the Moreno debate,he has incredible fitness levels & his form is very good..i would like to see a lot more of Robertson too but not at the expense of a fit & inform Moreno.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: November 19, 2017, 03:54:41 pm »
The only question is the Moreno debate,he has incredible fitness levels & his form is very good..i would like to see a lot more of Robertson too but not at the expense of a fit & inform Moreno.

Yeah, I think our full back positions are looking good and that's without Clyne.

Gomez & TAA rotating well.

I just think maybe we could do the same at LB a little more.  As impressive as Moreno has been, I still think Robertson has better end product in the final third.  So in games at home where we're going to have 65%+ possession I'd be selecting Robertson.  Moreno playing the other games.  But as I said, hard to argue with Klopp as Moreno is playing so well he probably just wants to keep up the momentum - so that's understandable. 

Got to feel for Robertson though.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: November 19, 2017, 05:08:25 pm »
Yeah, I think our full back positions are looking good and that's without Clyne.

I just think maybe we could do the same at LB a little more.  As impressive as Moreno has been, I still think Robertson has better end product in the final third.  So in games at home where we're going to have 65%+ possession I'd be selecting Robertson.  Moreno playing the other games.  But as I said, hard to argue with Klopp as Moreno is playing so well he probably just wants to keep up the momentum - so that's understandable. 

Better end product. Based on what? Stats or to the little you have seen him in a Liverpool shirt. Unless you scouted him watching him for Hull or Scotland. Guess the old debate will arise about crossing blindly and not finding a player v strikers not being in position. Or is it a sympathy vote in the same way we have so many calling for Sturridge to start. Soon it will be the same with calls for Llalana to start. No doubt Robertson will get his chance in the next 6 weeks.
As you say- fortunately our full back positions are covered and they are generally doing well. Those players on the fringe need to do more to get in. Only way we are going to get better. Therefore no sulking( not suggesting anyone is) and more work and right attitude required.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #407 on: November 19, 2017, 05:29:23 pm »

Wow, things have come full circle. Before the main complaint against Moreno was he was too offensive and not defensive enough. Now he is not good enough offensively? :)

I agree, I was expecting to see more of Robertson. My guess is that Klopp wants Lovren/Klavan to have some consistency next to them perhaps? Also, there seems to be a good understanding between Moreno and Mane and between Moreno and Coutinho. Then there is the old saying "if t ain't broke don't fix it"...
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: November 19, 2017, 05:43:45 pm »
Better end product. Based on what? Stats or to the little you have seen him in a Liverpool shirt. Unless you scouted him watching him for Hull or Scotland. Guess the old debate will arise about crossing blindly and not finding a player v strikers not being in position. Or is it a sympathy vote in the same way we have so many calling for Sturridge to start. Soon it will be the same with calls for Llalana to start. No doubt Robertson will get his chance in the next 6 weeks.
As you say- fortunately our full back positions are covered and they are generally doing well. Those players on the fringe need to do more to get in. Only way we are going to get better. Therefore no sulking( not suggesting anyone is) and more work and right attitude required.

Strange post this.

Based on what we've seen, yes.

Based on the stats too.  Babu & others showed his outrageous xA stats.

I can't really have praised Moreno much more.  But yes, I feel Robertson has the edge when it comes to end product in the final third, from what we've seen.  I don't see why we can't play the right player for the right game, as we are doing that at RB.  We are doing that in CM.   

I have actually not been calling for Sturridge to play more.

Moreno has been boss.  But so has Robertson when played this season.   I'd be picking Moreno for certain types of games and Robertson for others.  That's all I'm saying.

Wow, things have come full circle. Before the main complaint against Moreno was he was too offensive and not defensive enough. Now he is not good enough offensively?

Who said he's not good enough offensively?

"Wow" people need to stop making things up.

Offline dramared

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #409 on: November 19, 2017, 06:10:23 pm »
Good post KK.

also think moreno is doing well, showed some lovely composure moving the ball out and seems to be cutting out the rashness to his game, looks more mature.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: November 19, 2017, 06:38:29 pm »
Great win yesterday and excellent performance as we really looked the part. What a first goal by Salah, the man is on fire and the rest of the attack are buzzing as well, They really give the rest of the team confidence to do their bit. The team as a whole is strong once the front 4 are buzzing around, if they have an off day or patch like a few games ago the rest sort of crumble a bit. Hopefully we will keep thundering forward and the back line / midfield keep adding to their confidence as something must be working if Lovren is getting a few cheers :)
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: November 19, 2017, 06:39:49 pm »
Strange post this.

Based on what we've seen, yes.

Based on the stats too.  Babu & others showed his outrageous xA stats.

I can't really have praised Moreno much more.  But yes, I feel Robertson has the edge when it comes to end product in the final third, from what we've seen.  I don't see why we can't play the right player for the right game, as we are doing that at RB.  We are doing that in CM.   

I have actually not been calling for Sturridge to play more.

Moreno has been boss.  But so has Robertson when played this season.   I'd be picking Moreno for certain types of games and Robertson for others.  That's all I'm saying.

I haven't seen enough of Robertson in our system or at all to make any judgment. Moreno has playing well enough not to warrant being dropped or rotated. Prior to his recent International call up he has been able to to rest during those breaks. Robertson in fact would be playing for Scotland and hence probably missed valuable training time with Klopp. I do expect rotation in the coming weeks. Whilst Robertson may have the better cross in your opinion, I am not so sure that he gets ahead of the ball as well as Moreno does.  Does he have the same recovery pace? Would this then necessitate a different approach to our offensive game??
If Babu gets to read this, kindly re-post the stats between both fullbacks. Thanks.
KK- Robertson may turn out to be the lb in time but he will need to earn which leaves the team in a better position.
Insofar as Sturridge is concerned- the analogy I was making was the calls for both players to the team which appeared to me out of sentiment and not on merit in terms of displacing the incumbent.
Anyway- thanks for the response.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 05:52:39 am by nico 8 »

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: November 19, 2017, 06:44:23 pm »
Just watching the game, beautiful 1st goal from Mo and this 5 minute spell just after, we're taking the piss [emoji16]

Lovely stuff!

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #413 on: November 19, 2017, 06:45:38 pm »
Just watching the game, beautiful 1st goal from Mo and this 5 minute spell just after, we're taking the piss [emoji16]

Lovely stuff!

As good as we were how awful were they Debs?

Offline Rafas3leggedtable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: November 19, 2017, 06:48:49 pm »
also think moreno is doing well, showed some lovely composure moving the ball out and seems to be cutting out the rashness to his game, looks more mature.

This. TAA and Moreno would be my shoe-ins for the next few weeks. Trent is just an old fashioned defender, not much graces but honest. Alberto has just gone up 100% IMO - he is now knowing when to press, attack and hold back.
The people of Liverpool are workers. This is not a rich town where everyone lives a comfortable life. They work hard for themselves, and this is what we at Liverpool like to do. This is the attitude we must all have.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: November 19, 2017, 06:51:30 pm »
As good as we were how awful were they Debs?
They don't look that bad, we're just not giving them a minute to get their game going.  And there's the 2nd [emoji16]

The panic in them is tangible, everything is rushed and we're pouncing on any and every mistake.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #416 on: November 19, 2017, 06:54:18 pm »
I fucking love Klopp. That is all.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #417 on: November 19, 2017, 07:07:45 pm »
Well, it was reasonably quiet - ShankyGates did her usual attempt at providing some quality assessment yes but otherwise a couple of pages of appreciation for the decent half - then there was a fab pic of Salah which I thought warranted mention - it's on page 2 or 3 I think of this thread.......

::)

If you can point to anywhere in the half time thread from yesterday where I said anything that wasn't positive I'd be glad to see it. I'll give credit where it is due and criticise when it's justified, simple as that.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: November 19, 2017, 07:07:56 pm »
They don't look that bad, we're just not giving them a minute to get their game going.  And there's the 2nd [emoji16]

The panic in them is tangible, everything is rushed and we're pouncing on any and every mistake.

The third was my favourite that reverse pass from Sadio was just wonderful.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: November 19, 2017, 07:18:07 pm »
Not got that far yet Jill just coming up to 65mins.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: November 19, 2017, 07:21:38 pm »
Peach [emoji16]

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #421 on: November 19, 2017, 07:34:01 pm »
The midfield three of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Coutinho looked pretty good.

Agree.

There’s been a lot of debate regarding Can’s preferred position, and even suggestions that one reason why he’s stalled signing a new contract is because Klopp self evidently prefers Henderson in that role.

I too have wondered whether long-term, Can might prove a better “sitter” (insofar as Klopp plays a permanent sitter, which is questionable). Whatever, Henderson was excellent yesterday. His judgment was consistently spot on. All the criticisms of his game (can’t receive the ball on the half-turn, passes square, or without pace, doesn’t know when to join in, or sit, etc. etc.) were redundant yesterday. Can came on when the game was effectively won; and not as a Henderson replacement. Nonetheless Can’s cameo was in my view, revealing.

I believe we all recognise when a substitute comes on late in a game, his team winning comfortably, and tries too hard to make an impression.

But there’s something more than that to Can’s appearance yesterday (and not just yesterday). Young players are often forgiven their over-ambition, their lack of maturity in decision making. In straightforward terms maturity can be summarised as “putting the team first”. Or alternatively, the ability to see the bigger picture beyond your need to impress.

But Can is not really “young” in that sense any more. He’s an established German international who has played first team football for the bulk of three seasons, at the highest level.

I like his skill set. I like his physical presence; I like his self belief. What I don’t like is his continued and disturbing immaturity. He plays, too often, for himself. When I watch him I’m reminded of players like Nicholas Bendtner, of whom it was said that, had he been half the player he thought he was, he’d have been twice the player he actually was.

It will be interesting to see what transpires regarding Can’s future and our midfield options.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #422 on: November 19, 2017, 08:28:29 pm »

Good performance, result and a clean sheet with no injuries (touch wood).

Can't really pick faults with anything from the game. Well done lads.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: November 19, 2017, 08:56:05 pm »
This new take on how to approach games seems to be the best way to beat the mid table/ relegation teams. Don't really need to be at our best, just good old solid defending. give the defence enough protection and this front four will have enough goals in them to make sure we score enough to win

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: November 19, 2017, 10:16:25 pm »

If you can point to anywhere in the half time thread from yesterday where I said anything that wasn't positive I'd be glad to see it. I'll give credit where it is due and criticise when it's justified, simple as that.

But he is praising you though

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #425 on: November 19, 2017, 10:52:59 pm »

Think you've miss understood their point.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #426 on: November 19, 2017, 11:36:34 pm »
But he is praising you though
Think you've miss understood their point.

If I have then I apologise.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #427 on: November 20, 2017, 12:22:43 am »

It's funny. The complaints used to be about his defending. Now that that seems to have been addressed you are saying he is not as good as Robertson offensively. A player we have hardly ever seen. He did well against Crystal Palace, but that's not a real test.

I'm sure we are going to see more of Robertson over these next few weeks. It will be interesting to get a better idea of how he as adapted after a lot of training under Klopp.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #428 on: November 20, 2017, 03:36:39 am »
I find it remarkable that for all the crap about our season being in the doldrums and effectively over, we're just 1 point behind Spurs, which the media has collectively shot their wad over in the past few weeks.

Chelsea had their existential crisis and collapse written as a foregone conclusion but they're sitting in third and 1 point behind the Mancs, which has been heralded as brilliant.

This season's hyperbole is in overdrive to say the least.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: November 20, 2017, 06:51:42 am »
That’ll do nicely. A nice commanding performance whereby the first goal came at the perfect moment for us. I think it totally deflated Southampton.

Can’t say too much more than that really. TAA’s salom run at the beginning of the match was brilliant which ended up with a double nutmeg of Redman or Bertrand? Brilliant.

Considering as well it was on a back of an international break as well, this performance as a whole was all the more pleasing.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #430 on: November 20, 2017, 07:13:41 am »
I find it remarkable that for all the crap about our season being in the doldrums and effectively over, we're just 1 point behind Spurs, which the media has collectively shot their wad over in the past few weeks.

Chelsea had their existential crisis and collapse written as a foregone conclusion but they're sitting in third and 1 point behind the Mancs, which has been heralded as brilliant.

This season's hyperbole is in overdrive to say the least.

Yeah very true

Same for Arsenal as well. You'd think Spurs were about 10 points ahead of Arsenal judging by the media wankfest over them and the impending doom for Arsenal and yet here we are, and I'd say both ourselves and Arsenal have a fair chance of leapfrogging Spurs over the next few games.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: November 20, 2017, 07:26:51 am »
Anyone know the Press Conference is on for the Champion League game? Can't find anything on it.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: November 20, 2017, 10:16:28 am »
I thought we were absolutely superb on Saturday. Best performance since the Arsenal win.

I am no fan of Henderson, but I thought he was outstanding in this game. Great to see the pressing coming back. Do we think that Klopp tweaked the preseason so we would enter full fitness for December? Could explain why we looked relatively lethargic in the first couple of months and why we did not really see the pressing.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #433 on: November 20, 2017, 11:56:34 am »
What an excellent performance from the lads. Have got some real momentum now and if we can carry it over this hectic month or two ahead we can end up in a good position going into the 2nd half of the season.

Mo is just unstoppable....and the more options we have in our squad definitely helps. The injury list isn't looking so bad to be fair! just hope it can stay that way now

Nothing to be unhappy about from this weekend, could have done with more than just Spurs dropping points but am just happy we did our bit

All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: November 20, 2017, 12:01:04 pm »
It's funny. The complaints used to be about his defending. Now that that seems to have been addressed you are saying he is not as good as Robertson offensively. A player we have hardly ever seen. He did well against Crystal Palace, but that's not a real test.

I don't think his final ball is as good as Robertson, not from what I've seen.

But it doesn't mean Moreno is weak going forwards, far from it.  As I said he put some nice crosses in this match.

I also said I can see why Klopp is sticking with him in every game as he's playing brilliantly.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #435 on: November 20, 2017, 12:13:20 pm »
Really very happy with that performance. Klopp is learning and people who moaned and said he wasn't good enough (not so many on here I guess) will be made to look foolish.

To my eyes, it seems like we're trying to strike a better balance in midfield and also looking to not get caught at the back so much.

Up front Salah is proving a more sensational signing than Said Mane which in itself is incredibly sensational :)

Adam Lallana to come back in so that we don't burn out Coutinho and I think we're looking sound. Big week ahead but if if if we can beat Chelsea then all of fucking sudden; a very good season is on the cards.

Odd game this football marlarky, isn't it?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #436 on: November 20, 2017, 12:16:57 pm »
Anyone know the Press Conference is on for the Champion League game? Can't find anything on it.

it's today at 5.15pm

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: November 20, 2017, 01:17:26 pm »
I'm giving Klopp and his team a lot of credit in how they have tweaked and improved things since the Spurs game. Around that time they were getting battered about our defensive woes, with some justification.

I think they have changed our tactics and set up since then. Klopp has mentioned it a couple of times in interviews, and we have been less open to the knife through butter attacks we saw earlier in the season and there have been hardly any Keystone Cops (ask your Grandad) moments at the back.

The balance of the side looks very good now and Lallana will be another strong addition to our options.  We'll need them all over the coming fixtures and I can't wait!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: November 20, 2017, 05:20:27 pm »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88