5 (5.5%)
Yes
4 (4.4%)
Yes
5 (5.5%)
No
23 (25.3%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Author Topic: If you buy the Daily Mail are you pretty much a Far-Right wingnut?  (Read 5260 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
If you buy the Daily Mail are you pretty much a Far-Right wingnut?
« on: September 16, 2017, 09:34:47 am »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: If you buy the Daily Mail are you pretty much a Far-Right wingnut?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 09:40:28 am »
Why would anyone want to read that rag? It's full of Little Englander shit, shallow celebrity crap and other brainless rubbish. Only the shitrag surpasses it in crappiness, although the Express (similar to the Daily Mail but with extra conspiracy crap) is certainly a close third.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 09:44:51 am »
It is full of trash but I can't help go on the website, strangely addictive. Big pictures and over the top headlines draw me in.   I think the Mail Online does massive numbers in terms of clicks , they have done a very good job drawing people in despite such poor writing. I bet many on Rawk go on it but will profoundly deny it and stay in the closet. ;D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:56:23 am by SandyShore »

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 09:52:48 am »
You forgot the misogyny and medical quackery.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 09:53:44 am »
Why would anyone want to read that rag? It's full of Little Englander shit, shallow celebrity crap and other brainless rubbish. Only the shitrag surpasses it in crappiness, although the Express (similar to the Daily Mail but with extra conspiracy crap) is certainly a close third.

The weird thing is that the brainless rubbish masquerades as well written comment.

It also repeats its points, just in case it's readers have already forgotten that the French smell of garlic or the Germans are fond of Jackboots.

But to answer the question I don't think the majority of its readers are far right nut jobs, just sad and deluded.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 09:54:25 am »

Aye certainly true in my experience....

It is full of trash but I can't help go on the website, strangely addictive. Big pictures and over the top headlines draw me in.   I think the Mail Online does massive numbers in terms of clicks , they have done a very good job drawing people in despite such poor writing.

Yep.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 10:03:51 am »
Strangely enough I had a dream I bought a paper last night, flipped it open and it was the Daily Mail. Wondered what I was thinking and chucked it in the bin.

Also yes I clearly have a great imagination, either that or my subconscious is trying to tell me I should be more nationalist  ;D
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 10:38:55 am »
I know people who buy the Fail and most don't think about far right or left.

They buy it because it appeals to them without thinking why. They may like the Royal Family or be anti immigration or enjoy the gossip but it's not a political choice as far as they are concerned.

It's also a habit they have slipped into and probably never think what the paper as a whole stands for.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 12:10:31 pm »
The rawk manchild strikes again

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:46:35 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 01:47:42 pm »
I was just browsing RAWK and saw the first bits of the thread title, which were "If you buy the Daily".

From that, I figured out that it was the Daily Mail that was being referred to and that the thread was started by the RAWK Manchild as another poster put it.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 02:12:06 pm »
Another in depth, thought provoking and well researched OP that's really got me thinking.   

Here's my only question though, should I have used a hyphen with in depth and thought provoking?  I think so.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 02:28:01 pm »
I voted no just to be different, turns out I'm not the only one who was trying to be controversial :-[
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 04:58:06 pm »
My Nan reads it and she's anything but, rather level headed, spent her life taking care of people most in need, had no issue and was supportive of my mum's relationship with a Black man, ditto mine with a Chinese girl. She was on the fence about Brexit but ultimately did vote leave.

The paper is garbage but we could do with avoiding broad strokes, not exactly sure what this thread adds to News and Current Affairs.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 05:01:29 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 05:06:48 pm »
My Nan reads it and she's anything but, rather level headed, spent her life taking care of people most in need, had no issue and was supportive of my mum's relationship with a Black man, ditto mine with a Chinese girl. She was on the fence about Brexit but ultimately did vote leave.

The paper is garbage but we could do with avoiding broad strokes, not exactly sure what this thread adds to News and Current Affairs.

My nan reads it and she's about as racist as it's possible to be, when she remembers what day of the week it is. Everyone else I know is pretty left-leaning and wouldn't soil their arse with the rag even without access to bogroll. There may be lovely normal decent people who read it, but I've yet to meet them. For this reason I voted yes.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 05:43:09 pm »
My nan reads it and she's about as racist as it's possible to be, when she remembers what day of the week it is. Everyone else I know is pretty left-leaning and wouldn't soil their arse with the rag even without access to bogroll. There may be lovely normal decent people who read it, but I've yet to meet them. For this reason I voted yes.

About 20% (if I recall) of Mail voters didn't even vote leave, so the answer is clearly no.

Again, what's the point in this thread.
:D

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 05:48:07 pm »
Know your enemy.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 06:34:23 pm »
About 20% (if I recall) of Mail voters didn't even vote leave, so the answer is clearly no.

Again, what's the point in this thread.

So 80% of Daily Mail readers are far-right wingnuts?  ;) (yeah, I realise not everyone who voted Leave is a forelock-tugging racist)

I know what you mean about this thread being pointless, but aren't most threads essentially, when it comes down to it? It's got us talking, at least. Evidently your nan is an example of a decent, non-right-wing person who reads the Mail so there must be some. I still reckon the vast majority of their readership have, at the very least, a right wing bent though. Every time I've picked it up the front page has been dominated by a negative story on immigrants, benefit-scroungers or gypsies, and I'm not sure why anyone who didn't lean very heavily to the right would bother with it. It's a fucking appalling newspaper.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/03/07/how-left-or-right-wing-are-uks-newspapers/

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 06:37:59 pm »
How extreme does someones views have to be when they either think the Guardian is very right-wing or the Daily Mail very left-wing? I wonder if they weren't taking the questions very seriously or something.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 06:42:46 pm »
How extreme does someones views have to be when they either think the Guardian is very right-wing or the Daily Mail very left-wing? I wonder if they weren't taking the questions very seriously or something.

Ha! Good question, and I suppose this survey is the very definition of subjective in any case. Some proper mentalists out there, it would seem.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 11:53:34 am »
It is a horrible newspaper, but it has the best Weekend TV guide. I buy it, throw away the paper and just keep the TV guide

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2017, 07:10:55 pm »
It is full of trash but I can't help go on the website, strangely addictive. Big pictures and over the top headlines draw me in.   I think the Mail Online does massive numbers in terms of clicks , they have done a very good job drawing people in despite such poor writing. I bet many on Rawk go on it but will profoundly deny it and stay in the closet.

I think you're judging people by your own shitty, low standards....my guess is that the overwhelming majority of rawk folk wouldn't go anywhere near the place or the right-wing lying, racist c*nts who write for it
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 07:14:08 pm »
It is a horrible newspaper, but it has the best Weekend TV guide. I buy it, throw away the paper and just keep the TV guide
My wife has a friend who writes reviews for it.

She’s from the far left and claims she’s trying to reform the system from within...  and she can work from home and watch loads of tv for money ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 07:16:04 pm »

I think you're judging people by your own shitty, low standards....my guess is that the overwhelming majority of rawk folk wouldn't go anywhere near the place or the right-wing lying, racist c*nts who write for it
True enough...  the trouble with it is, is that every now and then it actually has the odd very well written and argued piece.
I might click on this if it appeared on social media, and wouldn’t avoid it JUST because it was the mail, but I wouldn’t look at it otherwise..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2017, 01:18:04 am »

Yeah, I'm afraid my wife buys the Sunday Telegraph (Australia's answer to the Daily Mail... every front page is an anti-muslim/immigrant story, except in the last few months where they've been pushing the NO vote for the Same Sex Marriage plebiscite) but only for the gossip pages and TV guide, she doesn't read their news or opinions. Still irks me that we're supporting Murdoch and his hate crews.

Offline smithng

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "On a stroppy little island of mixed up people"
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2017, 08:22:04 am »

Too right! I was job hunting a couple of years ago, got offered a few interviews, one was with DMG Media (which is a leading multi-channel consumer media company which is home to some of the UK’s most popular brands, including the Daily Mail, MailOnline, the Mail on Sunday ...), and it would actually be working on the systems that run the Mail Online. I declined the interview on principle once I found out, fortunately one of the other interviews worked out ok.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2017, 09:12:39 am »
I bet many on Rawk go on it but will profoundly deny it and stay in the closet. ;D

I added the Mail's domain to my adblock filters so any pictorial content from them even posted on other sites doesn't appear. Even if I ever did land on their homepage that ridiculous column of no-mark Z-listers in bikinis is blank.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2017, 09:53:43 am »

'or something' == too stupid to know what left and right mean?

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2017, 09:56:08 am »
Too right! I was job hunting a couple of years ago, got offered a few interviews, one was with DMG Media (which is a leading multi-channel consumer media company which is home to some of the UK’s most popular brands, including the Daily Mail, MailOnline, the Mail on Sunday ...), and it would actually be working on the systems that run the Mail Online. I declined the interview on principle once I found out, fortunately one of the other interviews worked out ok.

By all account the Mail Online is not far off a sweatshop operation, using the cheapest people possible to rip off content from other online sources. Even without the politics, you would not want to join a company that treats its staff that badly.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2017, 09:58:17 am »

Yikes you don't half sterotype much. I read the gaming , sports and health sections so yeah i'm someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist , just like everyone who reads the Mail.. :rollseyes
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:23:04 am by Titi Camara »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2017, 10:01:32 am »
i'm someone with low shitty standards

Probably slightly harsh, but self critiquing is always a good thing  :wave
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2017, 12:41:19 pm »
My dad's always bought it - and he's 81 now. I remember growing up reading it in the 70's/80's (he used to get the Sunday Express to - I used to think it a right pain to read when it was broadsheet) and even as a teenager getting wound up to fuck.

Anyway, he's a Labour supporter through & through, card-carrying member for most of his adult life (quit in about '99 after being profoundly disappointed in NuLabour - and me chirping in his ear slagging them off for selling out to big-business interests and the wealthy 'elite' probably didn't help)

I've given him grief for years about his Daily Mail reading, mostly in joke but sometimes really narked. When I'm visiting, I used to sometimes pick it up and scan through; there were times I couldn't last 2 minutes without hurling it down in anger as my BP soars - Melanie Phillips is the most hateful bitch in 'journalism' ever, with that puritanical shitstain Hitchens close behind. I rarely bother now, perhaps just look at the sport.

He assures me he only buys it for the crossword and the sport, and my mum likes the 'women' sections. He's remained at his core mostly impervious to the toxic garbage that the rag spews, but I do catch him repeating the odd snippet of bullshit he'll have picked up - generally something poisonous regarding migrants or the EU, and I feel it's a trigger to start a debate.  ;D

But he's a left-leaning, liberal-for-his-age, thoroughly nice and decent bloke.

His only fault is that he's a blue.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2017, 01:00:08 pm »

My mum, who is probably a similar age to your nan, reads it, and unless something astonishing has happened over the last few years, she's a very similar personality to your nan.

I have told her time and again not to buy it, but it's an easy read for someone that's of tender years. The things that don't interest us, interest her. There's loads of puzzles and crosswords in there which slays a few hours in her otherwise fairly dull day, and she loves reading about the Mediterranean cruise deals which she goes on all the time. The magazines they put in there on a weekend suit her lifestyle - articles about Mary Berry and gardening and Paul O'Grady.

Problem is I guess, that's how those sort of papers spread their insidious views. You glance at the front page, assume it's gone to shit because of immigrants, and then read a scone recipe.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2017, 06:03:46 pm »
Yikes you don't half sterotype much. I read the gaming , sports and health sections so yeah i'm someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist , just like everyone who reads the Mail.. :rollseyes

Reading The Daily Mail health section gives you cancer.

Nice CT by the way.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2017, 06:50:26 pm »
Doesn't Carra write for the daily fail? Disappointing that one of our heros with millions in the bank spends his post-Liverpool career writing for that racist vile piece of shit newspaper.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2017, 07:12:52 pm »
Doesn't Carra write for the daily fail? Disappointing that one of our heros with millions in the bank spends his post-Liverpool career writing for that racist vile piece of shit newspaper.

Every so often yes, I don't think he contributes regularly to them.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2017, 01:25:30 am »
My parents read it despite my protests. Their opinions don’t seem overly informedby it, though. They’re a bit more bbc news in that respect.

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2017, 05:08:57 am »
I'm a regular visitor to the showbiz section of the mail online, especially during the "on holiday in Marbella" season.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2017, 08:09:03 am »
Every so often yes, I don't think he contributes regularly to them.

So, he's just a bit of a c*nt.......sometimes?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same