The Liverpool FC Forum > RAWK Announcements, Feedback & Questions

RAWK FAQs & Posting Guidelines: Everything You Every Wanted to Know About RAWK, But Were Too Afraid

<< < (16/18) > >>

Alan_X:

--- Quote from: farawayred on March  7, 2012, 10:08:44 pm ---Again, Alan, I don't know what happened with Dr. Manhattan and I don't want to know. I'm not keeping that incident as a model to resolve, but rather a broader approach to general issues. If you take the abuse of a moderator as abuse to the site, that's different, but it doesn't have to be so. I think of this RAWK-poster connection as a marriage. My wife and I hurl abuse at each other every now and then, later we apologize and we're still together. Almost 25 years. If we did the 'permanent ban' thing, we'd be divorced after a few years*. I was only suggesting a similar approach in order to unite people not divide.

But since you have the avenue to resolve issues after a ban and you had reinstated posters that convinced you otherwise, I think it's fair either way.

(* It's arguable which outcome is better... ;) )

--- End quote ---

It's not a marriage though. As moderators we shouldn't get involved in slanging matches.

Mackeroo:
I appreciate that you can't/won't comment on individual cases, but a lot of us have an issue with the original 5 day ban handed out to Dr. Manhattan and I for one would like to know why it was dished out so as to potentially avoid the same fate.

Are we not allowed criticise the way we are playing or our results? There's only so long we can put our position down to bad luck. I know Kenny has accumulated a lot of goodwill, but surely this doesn't make him immune from criticism? Dr. Manhattan merely made a statement of fact about our points total compared to a former manager, which was in no way abusive or inflamatory, and was banned for it. Absolute horseshit in my opinion.

Obviously he then compounded matters by taking to twitter to voice his displeasure, and this resulted in his ban being made permanent. When he looks back at it in the cold light of day I'm sure he'll regret it.

FWIW I think the new policy is fair enough, I don't have any issue with it. I'm not trying to be a prick here, I genuinely would like to know, as I love this forum and wouldn't like to find myself banned if I can avoid it.

Hinesy:
first of all we don't publicly discuss reasons for bans in depth.

Anyway if any poster follows the guidelines, they won't get banned so its irrelevant anyway to 'let you know why so you don't get banned'. Secondly mutual respect on all sides ensures no one needs to get banned and whilst we will in certain cases discuss the ban with relevant parties we simply don't have the time, the urge nor need the hassle to talk about it in every case.
I really hope members can understand that the mods are not draconian guards but members themselves and whilst we may not always achieve consistency, we do still moderate fairly and allow much more dissent and disagreement with some imaginary party line than some think.
Finally, with due respect, its very simple. Follow the guidelines that this site has and you're welcome here. Persistently go against them or be unable to control your temper over a keyboard and we don't want you here. Its really not hard.

Cruiser:
So if a banned member has no access to PM how is he/she supposed to know the reason and argue their case during the ban? I agree with farawayred in the previous page, sometimes its just a pissed off mod and there needs to be an avenue of communication rather than shutting the member out altogether during that period.

SP:

--- Quote from: Cruiser on March  8, 2012, 06:59:47 pm ---So if a banned member has no access to PM how is he/she supposed to know the reason and argue their case during the ban? I agree with farawayred in the previous page, sometimes its just a pissed off mod and there needs to be an avenue of communication rather than shutting the member out altogether during that period.

--- End quote ---

Email.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version