Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 606653 times)

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #5560 on: October 27, 2018, 06:14:25 pm »
my money is on Donovan or Thibs to go first.
For sure them two will go first but D'Antoni won't be there past all star break.

Also Steph is back to his 15/16 level this season so this is a wrap give us the title now.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5561 on: October 28, 2018, 03:13:33 pm »
Ty Lue getting fired, not really sure what they were expecting, even if they should be a bit better

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5562 on: October 28, 2018, 03:34:02 pm »
Nothing better than handing out L's to the Lakers.

DeRozan was fantastic

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5563 on: October 28, 2018, 05:48:43 pm »
Ty Lue getting fired, not really sure what they were expecting, even if they should be a bit better
he should've been fired after the finals.

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #5564 on: October 30, 2018, 01:13:25 am »
I know the Bulls are shit but Golden State have just scored 92 points in two quarters and lead by 42 points.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5565 on: October 30, 2018, 01:15:26 am »
Klay with 36 points at the half.

FFS

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #5566 on: October 30, 2018, 02:32:35 am »
Lol Lakers losing again, how sweet would it be if they somehow missed the playoffs  :lmao

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5567 on: October 30, 2018, 07:07:31 am »
Lol Lakers losing again, how sweet would it be if they somehow missed the playoffs  :lmao
I'm all for it ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5568 on: October 30, 2018, 07:09:31 am »
Doncic with 31 pts 4 assists 8 rebounds vs the Spurs, kid is gonna be special

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #5569 on: October 30, 2018, 09:09:41 am »
I'm all for it ;D
Lebron James not playing Basketball in April-June would be super weird lol  ;D, I remember saying before the season that my bold season prediction was for to miss the playoffs because I just don't think this team is that great and at best without any additions are getting bounced out in the first round.

If they continue to pick up defeats how long with Luke Walton be in the job for?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5570 on: October 30, 2018, 09:45:45 am »
Klay with 36 points at the half.

FFS
Finished with 52 pts. 14 3 pointer made in 27 mins. When he gets hot, noone is stopping him.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5571 on: October 30, 2018, 09:52:56 am »
Lebron James not playing Basketball in April-June would be super weird lol  ;D, I remember saying before the season that my bold season prediction was for to miss the playoffs because I just don't think this team is that great and at best without any additions are getting bounced out in the first round.

If they continue to pick up defeats how long with Luke Walton be in the job for?
There were some talks that they are already chatting with a few names and lining up a candidate for possible replacement. They made some stupid moves by not putting shootsrs around Lebron. I think Caldwell Pope and Rondo moves were just silly, signing Beasley was stupid. Also there is no team defense out there, they are giving way too many points otherwise scoring hasn’t been their issue and funnily Lebron has actually been playing well. McGee has been great addition for them.

I still think they will be fine though, they could have been 7-0 if not for some critical mistakes in end of 4th quarters.

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #5572 on: October 30, 2018, 10:24:34 am »
There were some talks that they are already chatting with a few names and lining up a candidate for possible replacement. They made some stupid moves by not putting shootsrs around Lebron. I think Caldwell Pope and Rondo moves were just silly, signing Beasley was stupid. Also there is no team defense out there, they are giving way too many points otherwise scoring hasn’t been their issue and funnily Lebron has actually been playing well. McGee has been great addition for them.

I still think they will be fine though, they could have been 7-0 if not for some critical mistakes in end of 4th quarters.
Give it to Kobe lol  ;D

Agreed about Mcgee, I was sad to see him leave us but when your adding Demarcus Cousins it does soften the blow big time  8)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 10:26:50 am by Destiny »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5573 on: October 30, 2018, 12:23:31 pm »
DeRozan doing great things, already averaging more assists under Popp than he has before, dropped 36 last night, 50 percent or so from the field. Loving what he's doing so far

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5574 on: October 30, 2018, 06:16:08 pm »
DeRozan doing great things, already averaging more assists under Popp than he has before, dropped 36 last night, 50 percent or so from the field. Loving what he's doing so far
said it here when the trade happened, Spurs will be the winner of the trade and Pop will do miracles with him.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5575 on: October 30, 2018, 06:32:16 pm »
said it here when the trade happened, Spurs will be the winner of the trade and Pop will do miracles with him.

I remember, great shout mate.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5576 on: October 30, 2018, 06:37:16 pm »
I'd let DeRozan do something when it matters before anointing him as the messiah. Doesn't do it in the playoffs.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5577 on: October 30, 2018, 06:45:43 pm »
I'd let DeRozan do something when it matters before anointing him as the messiah. Doesn't do it in the playoffs.
Well, he is having career numbers in SAS. Best FG% of his career, most rebounds, most steals PG.
He used to average 3,5-4 assists a game and this year he is having 8 a game.

Noone called him messiah, people thought Raptors stole the deal and smartly offloaded his contract but they basically gave him for 1 year rental of Kawhi, everyone knows he is off to Clippers or Lakers. Not to mention he now has a GOAT coach to work with.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5578 on: October 30, 2018, 06:53:34 pm »
Well, he is having career numbers in SAS. Best FG% of his career, most rebounds, most steals PG.
He used to average 3,5-4 assists a game and this year he is having 8 a game.

Noone called him messiah, people thought Raptors stole the deal and smartly offloaded his contract but they basically gave him for 1 year rental of Kawhi, everyone knows he is off to Clippers or Lakers. Not to mention he now has a GOAT coach to work with.

I don't think the Raptors stole the deal, but DeRozan also isn't a player I want at the club on a gigantic contract for a long time. He's like Carmelo Anthony without the 3s; he'll score a lot with a field goal % in the low to mid 40s and is like a revolving door on defence and certainly don't expect him to do much when you're in the playoffs. Don't like Leonard, but at least we have cap space to do some things next year instead of having DeRozan's contract weighing us down like a ton of bricks.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5579 on: October 30, 2018, 07:04:41 pm »
I don't think the Raptors stole the deal, but DeRozan also isn't a player I want at the club on a gigantic contract for a long time. He's like Carmelo Anthony without the 3s; he'll score a lot with a field goal % in the low to mid 40s and is like a revolving door on defence and certainly don't expect him to do much when you're in the playoffs. Don't like Leonard, but at least we have cap space to do some things next year instead of having DeRozan's contract weighing us down like a ton of bricks.
I don't think their play off failures were all his fault. He is taking a toothless Spurs team, a team without a PG and a washed up Gasol as starting C to play-off's. Lowry, Ibaka were all crap during those years against the Cavs, special mention goes to Casey as well.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5580 on: October 30, 2018, 07:06:39 pm »
I don't think their play off failures were all his fault. He is taking a toothless Spurs team, a team without a PG and a washed up Gasol as starting C to play-off's. Lowry, Ibaka were all crap during those years against the Cavs, special mention goes to Casey as well.

Of course they're not all his fault but he certainly played a large role in them. If your main offensive threat can't ever get his field goal percentage north of 44 when it matters you're going to struggle like fuck. We would never have been good enough to win with him in the team, I'm not convinced he could ever be a starter on a championship team.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 07:08:14 pm by Gerry Attrick »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5581 on: October 30, 2018, 07:34:19 pm »
All water under the bridge for me, I am not expecting us to get far in the playoffs as we're in the west, but it's a new start for him and if anyone can get him to succeed its Pop. It's a team effort, and you can't depend on one player in today's game to drag your team to a championship [aside from Lebron]

You can blame him all you want, but your entire franchise chocked as soon as Lebron showed up in front of you.  Nobody is saying that he's a better player than Kawhi but he's an all-star, a top scorer who has already improved in a short period of time.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5582 on: October 30, 2018, 07:38:20 pm »
Let's wait and see what he does when it's not against bum clubs. I'm certainly not mourning our decision to trade him, I wouldn't have even given him the big contract in the first place. I even said that on here. Wouldn't have kept Lowry either.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 07:39:52 pm by Gerry Attrick »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5583 on: October 30, 2018, 09:07:32 pm »
Let's wait and see what he does when it's not against bum clubs. I'm certainly not mourning our decision to trade him, I wouldn't have even given him the big contract in the first place. I even said that on here. Wouldn't have kept Lowry either.

He's been doing it against any side we've played so far except in one game in where we lost to Indiana. And we've played against the Lakers twice,Portland,Wolves and the Mavs last night. It's not like we've had an easy schedule

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5584 on: October 31, 2018, 04:57:42 am »
Rockets are 1-5 now ;D

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #5585 on: October 31, 2018, 10:19:53 am »
Rockets are 1-5 now ;D
Rockets and Lakers missing the playoffs would be  :lmao

Also big up Sacremento Kings 5-3 record now, the style of play their playing right is a fun as that mid 00's side they had. Bjelica is killing it for them that was a great pickup as the Kings have a great track record with Serbia players in their past
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:25:04 am by Destiny »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5586 on: October 31, 2018, 10:25:26 am »
Rockets and Lakers missing the playoffs would be  :lmao

Also big up Sacremento Kings 5-3 record now, the style of play their playing right is a fun as that mid 00's side they had.

It would be fun to have them back, wait until they start making the 3's (esp Fox and Bagley)
By the way how stupid is Thibs? Bjelica is playing like an All Star in Sacramento and Thibs wasn't giving this kid minutes in Minny.

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #5587 on: October 31, 2018, 03:05:28 pm »
It would be fun to have them back,
That 02 side they had was absolutely amazing, worse teams than that side have won titles.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 04:29:54 pm by Destiny »

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #5588 on: October 31, 2018, 04:13:51 pm »
It would be fun to have them back, wait until they start making the 3's (esp Fox and Bagley)
By the way how stupid is Thibs? Bjelica is playing like an All Star in Sacramento and Thibs wasn't giving this kid minutes in Minny.
That kid is 30 ;D but I agree. Bjelica has always been a very good player, he even won a Euroleague MVP a few years back and Thibs definitely undervalued him. I’m still scratching my head as to why the Jazz didn’t try to sing him as a FA with their dire need for a stretch four, specially one as complete as Bjelica.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 04:15:33 pm by Lastrador »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5589 on: October 31, 2018, 07:28:23 pm »
That kid is 30 ;D but I agree. Bjelica has always been a very good player, he even won a Euroleague MVP a few years back and Thibs definitely undervalued him. I’m still scratching my head as to why the Jazz didn’t try to sing him as a FA with their dire need for a stretch four, specially one as complete as Bjelica.
he does look 24-25. i swear i had no idea until you told me  ;D

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #5590 on: October 31, 2018, 08:36:52 pm »
Also forgot to mention because of the Rockets and Lakers being in the headlines but the Wizards are 1-6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5591 on: October 31, 2018, 08:58:05 pm »
If relegation was possible I would certainly relegate the hell out of the Wizards,Suns,Charlotte, useless useless pointless organizations

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5592 on: November 1, 2018, 07:24:00 am »
Derrick Rose with career high 50 pts for Minny. Ok i will shut up for a month about Thibs bringing ex Bulls players.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5593 on: November 1, 2018, 07:24:43 am »
If relegation was possible I would certainly relegate the hell out of the Wizards,Suns,Charlotte, useless useless pointless organizations
Suns still has a promising future, replace them with Nets and I’m with you.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #5594 on: November 1, 2018, 08:45:11 am »
Suns still has a promising future, replace them with Nets and I’m with you.

Agreed. I have a soft spot for the Suns. Still remember their KJ, Majerle, Hornacek, days. Heck even Chambers has become a sentimental memory for me!
Apart from the Kidd years, can't remember the Nets doing anything significant. Possibly a slight hurrah with Derrick Coleman and Kenny Anderson.
Quite frankly if your franchise has been even more horrible than the Knicks have been (post Ewing) than you're clearly doing something wrong.  ;D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #5595 on: November 1, 2018, 01:49:27 pm »
While the Lakers have been losing games all their defeats have gone to the wire, the Rockets on the other hand are getting torched every game they play

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5596 on: November 1, 2018, 08:54:10 pm »
Agreed. I have a soft spot for the Suns. Still remember their KJ, Majerle, Hornacek, days. Heck even Chambers has become a sentimental memory for me!
Apart from the Kidd years, can't remember the Nets doing anything significant. Possibly a slight hurrah with Derrick Coleman and Kenny Anderson.
Quite frankly if your franchise has been even more horrible than the Knicks have been (post Ewing) than you're clearly doing something wrong.  ;D
and Sir Barkley ;D

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #5597 on: November 1, 2018, 08:59:09 pm »
Giannis back for Bucks/Celtics tonight.

We've been absolutely obliterating teams, so tonight will be an interesting test. I expect Boston to win though, as they always play well at home against the big teams.

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #5598 on: November 2, 2018, 04:46:01 pm »
Sacramento Kings  8)

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5599 on: November 2, 2018, 04:52:11 pm »
Sacramento Kings  8)
finally they've been clicking, great to see, it can be better with Bogdanovic back.