Author Topic: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent  (Read 341390 times)

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
Re: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent
« Reply #1920 on: April 12, 2012, 05:06:14 pm »
"Anyone else still here from the old crew....oh really....well you're sacked too!  There's a new sheriff in town!"  John Henry
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1921 on: April 12, 2012, 05:06:56 pm »
Well at least one thing has been reiterated that i'm pleased about, their principle directive.

"We feel we are a club that needs to be perceived as the strongest club in football and we want to get there."

We've accepted we've not been good enough this year, the owners are assessing every aspect of the performance within the club and are taking actions.

This only re-enforces my belief our owners are doing a good job at the moment for our club.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1922 on: April 12, 2012, 05:07:43 pm »
Never a dull day as Liverpool fan.

Offline fizzyp

• Kopite
  • those were the days my friend.
Re: Telegraph - Comolli sacked
« Reply #1923 on: April 12, 2012, 05:07:54 pm »
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. His tightness has made us miss out on some quality players. Good riddance.

Ta for Suarez.

How do you know we have missed on players because his tightness ?
The Boss is fucking boss!

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1924 on: April 12, 2012, 05:09:45 pm »

Llorente... then spunking more doe for Carroll?
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1925 on: April 12, 2012, 05:10:36 pm »
This is fucking ace.

people need to perform or they are gone.the players must be seeing what's happening and if this don't give them a kick up their ass nothing will
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #1926 on: April 12, 2012, 05:11:12 pm »

Tightness? 20 mil for downing :D?

Offline JRobinson

• Main Stander
« Reply #1927 on: April 12, 2012, 05:11:14 pm »
Pretty sure Llorente wasn't interested in joining us at the time. Nothing to do with being tight.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #1928 on: April 12, 2012, 05:11:43 pm »
This is fucking ace.

people need to perform or they are gone.the players must be seeing what's happening and if this don't give them a kick up their ass nothing will
I share the same line of thought... With the semi coming up, the impetus will be there to perform or be gone.

Offline Wideboy

• Kemlynite
Re: Comolli sacked by mutual consent
« Reply #1929 on: April 12, 2012, 05:12:03 pm »
Why do this 2 days before an FA cup semi?

We definitely do not need this hoo-hah now. Whether Werner says Kenny's job is safe or not, the press are going to be hounding Kenny at this interview, and the "Win the semi or face the sack" rhetoric will be ramped right up.

Why not do this next week?

If we win the semi, business as usual. If we lose, it's season over, and FSG can say that Comolli leaving is just the beginning of a period of change for the club, that will see us improve on this season. And with the semi being the biggest game of the remainder of the season, as has been said, it will show the club that FSG will make any decision as they feel fit, which should in time shake up the players at the club.

Offline verbal kint

• Kopite
« Reply #1930 on: April 12, 2012, 05:12:51 pm »
Listening to Kenny's PC today and to Tom Werner's interview, the owners were at training today and almost certainley had a meeting with the players, im just wondering if these sackings were a wake up call to the players before a huge game to say anyone who does not do their job will remain, put up or ship out?

We should take heart from the fact that they saw their mistake and rectified it, they say we have the resources to compete with anyone and that we will be better next year.

Seems pretty clear to me that everyone has been told, win the FA cup, finish well in the league and improve next year or you are gone.

It's good to see these guys want to win as much as we do. :)

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:15:28 pm by verbal kint »
Somebody said recently that having Rafa as the manager means not giving a shit who you get in a Champions' League draw...........

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1931 on: April 12, 2012, 05:12:57 pm »
Biilbao would have sold him mid season to us for whatever price we wanted just because we wanted him
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1932 on: April 12, 2012, 05:13:36 pm »
Pretty sure Llorente wasn't interested in joining us at the time. Nothing to do with being tight.

Bilbao wouldn't let him go in the winter window, he'd have been ours (well, offer accepte) if we'd have went back in the summer.

Offline masch

• potato
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1933 on: April 12, 2012, 05:13:37 pm »
There's a reason for every move like this.  It's frustrating that we may never know, and I suppose it's natural to try to find some maximum likelihood guess that fits the pattern, but it's fookin annoying when the Internet facilitates it like it does and in the process converts probability to fact.

Bruckners gone because they went into his physio room and all they found  was a boxed Operation game and a kids stethoscope.

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #1934 on: April 12, 2012, 05:14:21 pm »
This is fucking ace.

I completely agree - if only it applied to some of the players too

I think a good kick up the arse and a 'perform or bugger off' to some of the under achieving players this season could only be good for the squad as a whole.

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1935 on: April 12, 2012, 05:15:26 pm »
"We've had a strategy that we have agreed on. There was some disconnect on the implementation of that. That strategy is a strong one and it will continue"  and "we have a strategy we need implemented and we felt Damien was probably not the right person to implement that strategy."
They don't believe what Comolli was doing was what was agreed.  Not sure it this applies to players Comolli was looking at or to past signings. 

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1936 on: April 12, 2012, 05:15:56 pm »
I completely agree - if only it applied to some of the players too

I think a good kick up the arse and a 'perform or bugger off' to some of the under achieving players this season could only be good for the squad as a whole.

Maybe with saturday in mind this is a kick up the arse.  The lads are probably more than aware now that change will come in the summer - and that goes for them too.  Playing for their LFC lives.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1937 on: April 12, 2012, 05:16:18 pm »
Sure tomorrow's headlines that Comolli bought a load of flops will give the lads a boost for Saturday.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1938 on: April 12, 2012, 05:16:23 pm »
There's a reason for every move like this.  It's frustrating that we may never know, and I suppose it's natural to try to find some maximum likelihood guess that fits the pattern, but it's fookin annoying when the Internet facilitates it like it does and in the process converts probability to fact.

The reason could be that they wanted to make a change well before the end of the season so that they could have a replacement in place.

Sort of like Werner's statement on the matter?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1939 on: April 12, 2012, 05:18:05 pm »
Sure tomorrow's headlines that Comolli bought a load of flops will give the lads a boost for Saturday.
Or maybe it will tell them to work harder or they will be gone too.

Offline mb1111

• fucking rubbish poster
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1940 on: April 12, 2012, 05:18:15 pm »

If they are that mentally weak then we have bigger problems!

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1941 on: April 12, 2012, 05:18:38 pm »
Maybe with saturday in mind this is a kick up the arse.  The lads are probably more than aware now that change will come in the summer - and that goes for them too.  Playing for their LFC lives.

I see it like this too. Although i think the writing on the wall for some is already there... It serves to re-iterate the level expected here.

I like that they've been ruthless and yet at the same time issuing votes of confidence elsewhere, rather than just wholesale changes. Although the timing for me is the interesting aspect, the playing staff haven't been touched and the axed members of staff serve as a motivation to the remaining guys buck up your ideas or get your bags packed.

"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1942 on: April 12, 2012, 05:18:49 pm »
Pretty clear that Comolli wasn't able to deliver on what he promised FSG. For me that is irrespective of our performances this season. It might just be talk, but I'm always impressed with what FSG are hinting at, and provided they can fulfil their side of the bargain, I'm still optimistic. Sure it might take a while to get all the cogs into place, but I think being able to correct mistakes is a big part of that.

Offline verbal kint

• Kopite
« Reply #1943 on: April 12, 2012, 05:19:01 pm »

If i thought any of our players were affected by stuff like that i would want them gone.  ::)
Somebody said recently that having Rafa as the manager means not giving a shit who you get in a Champions' League draw...........

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1944 on: April 12, 2012, 05:19:56 pm »

Quick summary then. :P
If it's broken, fix it. Comolli overspent. The way he handled the Suarez situation wasn't great. They also don't feel he's the right man to take them forward.
The owners are looking for the future as the season is basically done. [We're only playing for the FA cup now.]
It was leaked that Comolli was going to go, so they decided to do it today.
Werner's interview saying they have the full backing of Dalglish was a huge relief as we all know he's under strife.

Oh, and the doctor's gone.
Yip- just got round to reading all that. Just glad to see they're willing to still back Kenny. This gets the blood pumping and the hearts racing- just in time to use it for the semi ;)

I think this will at least give everyone a kick on the arse in the short-term.
Bring on the Smurfs and Schmeagol!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline masch

• potato
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1945 on: April 12, 2012, 05:20:07 pm »
The reason could be that they wanted to make a change well before the end of the season so that they could have a replacement in place.

Sort of like Werner's statement on the matter?

Aye, that's *a* reason, so something to nibble on I suppose.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1946 on: April 12, 2012, 05:20:14 pm »
It's a change in culture for the club....

Under Parry/Moores underachievement wasn't challenged. 

Here performance is being scrutinised under a microscope
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Mali1

• No chance. Not all. Never. Hope died long ago, left dangling pitifully and listlessly from my tree of despondency and despair. Oh yes.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1947 on: April 12, 2012, 05:20:45 pm »
Totally unexpected. Can't see Kenny moving upstairs. The DOF position would need business acumen and negotiation skills (which I don't see that in Kenny).

I like the ruthlessness and the confident tone from Werner's interview. At least he indicate that we have resources to compete, we have strategy in place. We just need the right man to implement it.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1948 on: April 12, 2012, 05:21:26 pm »

Bruckners gone because they went into his physio room and all they found  was a boxed Operation game and a kids stethoscope.
:lmao

the fact he was found boogying with his air guitar going
"doc doc doc doc doctor beat, wont you help me doctor beat" couldnt have helped
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1949 on: April 12, 2012, 05:21:27 pm »
Anyone got a link to his statement?
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1950 on: April 12, 2012, 05:21:53 pm »
Totally unexpected. Can't see Kenny moving upstairs. The DOF position would need business acumen and negotiation skills (which I don't see that in Kenny).

I like the ruthlessness and the confident tone from Werner's interview. At least he indicate that we have resources to compete, we have strategy in place. We just need the right man to implement it.
Please, read the Werner interview.

Nothing is happening to Kenny.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1951 on: April 12, 2012, 05:22:22 pm »
Anyone got a link to his statement?
First post in the thread maybe ?
W

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1952 on: April 12, 2012, 05:22:34 pm »
seems to me that Commoli may well have gone due to the lack of bright young things coming into the club last summer. We failed to get Brown, Chamberlain and Wickam. I think they look at that as more of a failure than anything else really.

Expect to see some more teenagers come into the club and possibly for a fair bit more than the 2-3 million we have previously spent on that age of player.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1953 on: April 12, 2012, 05:22:37 pm »
Kenny wont become DoF.  I can see him being moved to another role within the club though.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1954 on: April 12, 2012, 05:22:42 pm »
It's a change in culture for the club....

Under Parry/Moores underachievement wasn't challenged. 

Here performance is being scrutinised under a microscope

It's refreshing and very positive I think.

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1955 on: April 12, 2012, 05:22:47 pm »
Not disappointed that Brukner has gone.  I always felt these sports science guys were getting too much influence.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1956 on: April 12, 2012, 05:25:04 pm »

Seems pretty clear to me that everyone has been told, win the FA cup, finish well in the league and improve next year or you are gone.

My feeling too.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1957 on: April 12, 2012, 05:25:19 pm »
Kenny wont become DoF.  I can see him being moved to another role within the club though.
Read what Werner said, this isn't happening.
W

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1958 on: April 12, 2012, 05:26:00 pm »
dont know why this is what i imagine melwood to look like today...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lh9bCYH5Bss" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lh9bCYH5Bss</a>

Offline mb1111

• fucking rubbish poster
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1959 on: April 12, 2012, 05:27:07 pm »

Nothing is happening to Kenny.

Nothing is happening to Kenny two days before a Cup semi final. We'll see about at the end of the season.