Author Topic: The Kenny Dalglish Stand  (Read 35630 times)

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Kenny Dalglish Stand
« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2017, 11:13:00 am »
Ready for tomorrow.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2017, 11:19:22 am »
Oooo, I can see my seat in that pic  ;D

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: October 13, 2017, 11:30:12 am »
Aint done this for years but feel it appropriate to post in this thread....

Me and old man have always had that classic Scouse dispute.....Kenny or Kevin.....KK was his generation and the King was mine. Then in 1985 the King was on the the Saturday Superstore Show. On the BBC....this was back in the day when you entered a competition by sending in a self addressed enveleope.....the question was for his prize was was "what other team have I scored for apart from Liverpool at Anfield ?".....knew the answer straight away it was Scotland v Wales in a Euro qualifier.....sent my post card in and thought nothing of it....next Saturday the one and only Midge Are from Ultravox pulled MY FUCKING CARD out of the tombolare...."The winner is Darren Brannigan from Merseyside" !!!!!!!!!!.....months and a few apologise letters came from LFC. Finally in the June later I get a call from a 'Sheila Walsh"...oh hello Darren Im Kenny Dalglish's secratary....any chance you can come to Anfield on Wednesday"......erm erm erm.....yeah ok. Me old man drove me to Anfield......walked into the 'players lounge" and next minute in walks the King...."Aye Darren good to meet ya pal...yee wanna come to me office".....utter dumb struck....me Dad guides me through....."sit down here Anna have a cuppa tea "...IN TH FUCKING BOOT ROOM....he thens passes me pair of Dalglisg Pumas Boots and Runners....shows me around Anfield and I think thats all it. K Darren...Im off to Melwood ye gonna come....and for fucks sake me old man offers to drive him :)...Nay bother Owen (Me Dad...I'll drive yo there and back...so there I am...15 years old sitting in the Kings Merc driving from Anfield to  Melwood....as we pull into Melwood there are kids my age banging on his windows thinking 'who day  fuck is that' :).....he looked after us for the next 4 hours like the legend he is....nothing was enough. Got back to Anfield...climbed into his boot....grabbed me his one of those classic umbra tops res with yellows pin strips...crown paints...7 on the back......signed it "To Darren...best wishes.  Kenny Dalglish"......said or good buys...still uttrerly dumb struck....few weeks later 'Shela" rings me again..."Kenny would like you to be his guest in the exec box in the Main Stand for the first home game of the season".....I FUCKING LOVE THAT THAN MAN FOR  WHAT HE DID THEN AND WHAT HE DID WHEN I WAS ONLY METRES FROM ME IN 89.....I never thought Id want to sit in the Kremiyn Stand ever again....but I will make a trip back from OZ and do it :)
Amazing story this. Nice one.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2017, 12:16:20 pm »
great stuff branno
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2017, 03:01:19 pm »

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: October 13, 2017, 03:32:17 pm »
ceremony i think is on now

lfc twitter running it live

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2017, 04:11:26 pm »
Aint done this for years but feel it appropriate to post in this thread....

Me and old man have always had that classic Scouse dispute.....Kenny or Kevin.....KK was his generation and the King was mine. Then in 1985 the King was on the the Saturday Superstore Show. On the BBC....this was back in the day when you entered a competition by sending in a self addressed enveleope.....the question was for his prize was was "what other team have I scored for apart from Liverpool at Anfield ?".....knew the answer straight away it was Scotland v Wales in a Euro qualifier.....sent my post card in and thought nothing of it....next Saturday the one and only Midge Are from Ultravox pulled MY FUCKING CARD out of the tombolare...."The winner is Darren Brannigan from Merseyside" !!!!!!!!!!.....months and a few apologise letters came from LFC. Finally in the June later I get a call from a 'Sheila Walsh"...oh hello Darren Im Kenny Dalglish's secratary....any chance you can come to Anfield on Wednesday"......erm erm erm.....yeah ok. Me old man drove me to Anfield......walked into the 'players lounge" and next minute in walks the King...."Aye Darren good to meet ya pal...yee wanna come to me office".....utter dumb struck....me Dad guides me through....."sit down here Anna have a cuppa tea "...IN TH FUCKING BOOT ROOM....he thens passes me pair of Dalglisg Pumas Boots and Runners....shows me around Anfield and I think thats all it. K Darren...Im off to Melwood ye gonna come....and for fucks sake me old man offers to drive him :)...Nay bother Owen (Me Dad...I'll drive yo there and back...so there I am...15 years old sitting in the Kings Merc driving from Anfield to  Melwood....as we pull into Melwood there are kids my age banging on his windows thinking 'who day  fuck is that' :).....he looked after us for the next 4 hours like the legend he is....nothing was enough. Got back to Anfield...climbed into his boot....grabbed me his one of those classic umbra tops res with yellows pin strips...crown paints...7 on the back......signed it "To Darren...best wishes.  Kenny Dalglish"......said or good buys...still uttrerly dumb struck....few weeks later 'Shela" rings me again..."Kenny would like you to be his guest in the exec box in the Main Stand for the first home game of the season".....I FUCKING LOVE THAT THAN MAN FOR  WHAT HE DID THEN AND WHAT HE DID WHEN I WAS ONLY METRES FROM ME IN 89.....I never thought Id want to sit in the Kremiyn Stand ever again....but I will make a trip back from OZ and do it :)
That's absolutely magic and shows the true measure of the man, an absolute salt of the earth gentleman.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2017, 05:44:07 pm »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: October 13, 2017, 06:12:27 pm »
Wife's mate and her husband are there for this as they do the AV for the pressers etc - jammy bastards.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #250 on: October 13, 2017, 06:24:38 pm »
Are they going to place the names on the other stands so it all comes together? And how has this man not been knighted!!! For everything he and his wife have done for Liverpool..... yet whiskeynose has been.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: October 13, 2017, 06:26:02 pm »
Are they going to place the names on the other stands so it all comes together? And how has this man not been knighted!!! For everything he and his wife have done for Liverpool..... yet whiskeynose has been.

Why would he want some shiny trinket from that lot? He would most likely refuse a knighthood, and rightfully so.

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #252 on: October 13, 2017, 06:27:50 pm »
Legend.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #253 on: October 13, 2017, 07:14:28 pm »
King.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #254 on: October 13, 2017, 07:17:01 pm »
I never understood why Liverpool supporters wanted Kenny knighted.

The whole thing is a shambles, look at all the scandals involving those who have been knighted.

Fuck that, he's ours.

Having a stand named after him at Anfield pisses and shits all over any knighthood.

Online Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #255 on: October 13, 2017, 10:10:08 pm »
Kop for 2moro
We are a team of one half.

Online Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #256 on: October 13, 2017, 10:14:19 pm »
I have to say, I was very impressed that Peter Moore came down for help for a bit. We all said the same - there was no way Ian Ayre would have done that!!

And he let us stay for the speeches, in a box :) Not normally one for speeches but it was nice to be there.

AND unlike Ayre, he stood back behind the cameras from all the Dalglish photos taken until it was his turn to speak. I still cringe at the Main Stand girder pictures with Ayre in the centre. Very different man altogether.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2017, 01:56:47 am »
King Kenny - Icon
YNWA

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2017, 08:52:07 am »
Fair play, he deserves to be honoured like this by your club.
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2017, 08:55:25 am »

Fuck knighthoods. He's already a King to the people that matter.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2017, 10:21:16 am »
I never understood why Liverpool supporters wanted Kenny knighted.

The whole thing is a shambles, look at all the scandals involving those who have been knighted.

Fuck that, he's ours.

Having a stand named after him at Anfield pisses and shits all over any knighthood.

Spot on.

Offline HumanRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2017, 02:56:11 pm »

Well done Kenny, well deserved. That is a really nice touch.

Online Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2017, 05:04:58 pm »

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: October 14, 2017, 05:34:26 pm »
Love Kenny

I really doubt he's arsed about a knighthood now

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: October 14, 2017, 09:40:10 pm »
We should get Coca Cola as a naming rights partner and call it the Coca Cola King King Concourse :)
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 14, 2017, 10:53:04 pm »
We should get Coca Cola as a naming rights partner and call it the Coca Cola King King Concourse :)
I'm sorry Wayne, please finish your cider

Offline Worgie

• Main Stander
« Reply #266 on: October 19, 2017, 11:02:22 pm »
Few pictures I took on my Phone from Saturdays game.

RAI TV Commentator May 2005 - "If Milan score in the first 20 minutes they will win!"  Yeah Right!

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: October 27, 2017, 12:46:52 pm »
I'm sorry Wayne, please finish your cider

I just saw this and have no fucking idea what it means but it still made me laugh ;)
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: October 27, 2017, 01:37:40 pm »
I just saw this and have no fucking idea what it means but it still made me laugh ;)
was some joke on rawk from way back about Wayne Bridge and John Terry. whoever posted it had a long drawn out post and THAT was the punch line

if it was a stand up id say you would have heard a pin drop and someone cough.

so its kind of wheeled out here the odd time

here: https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=253382.0

quite bizarre
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 01:39:32 pm by Hellrazor »

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: November 14, 2017, 05:36:10 pm »
His film is out tomorrow. Looks great.

Trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mA6uA2-Rcw

You can also order it here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenny-DVD-Dalglish/dp/B0765J4RMH

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #270 on: November 16, 2017, 12:26:00 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #271 on: November 16, 2017, 12:53:13 pm »
Great read to be had here..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42009989

Lovely read, that. Particularly the last line, that's classic Kenny right there.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: November 16, 2017, 12:58:48 pm »
Lovely read, that. Particularly the last line, that's classic Kenny right there.

It really is!  He will always be my footballing hero (along with John Barnes!) ...  and even the last line of that mini video clip in the interview where he says “who would want to hire a dinosaur“. I will always remember the day when Kenny left Liverpool in the late 80s. I was a little kid in shorts heading home from school, and I found out via the Liverpool Echo when I was buying myself a 10p mix from the sweet shop. Felt like crying  and it felt like a punch in the stomach. I will also forever remember the joy of seeing Kenny back in the managers dugout. A great man

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: November 16, 2017, 01:11:16 pm »
It really is!  He will always be my footballing hero (along with John Barnes!) ...  and even the last line of that mini video clip in the interview where he says “who would want to hire a dinosaur“. I will always remember the day when Kenny left Liverpool in the late 80s. I was a little kid in shorts heading home from school, and I found out via the Liverpool Echo when I was buying myself a 10p mix from the sweet shop. Felt like crying  and it felt like a punch in the stomach. I will also forever remember the joy of seeing Kenny back in the managers dugout. A great man
was 1991 but yeah pretty shocking

though in hindsight not really given he was a mess as it turned out

i notice he said he had never been back to hillsborough, he was there the year after for our league fixture and presumably when he managed blackburn and newcastle?

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #274 on: November 16, 2017, 01:18:36 pm »
was 1991 but yeah pretty shocking

though in hindsight not really given he was a mess as it turned out

i notice he said he had never been back to hillsborough, he was there the year after for our league fixture and presumably when he managed blackburn and newcastle?

.....and just a pity that when he said he was ready to come back and made enquiries before the Blackburn job someone didn`t think "hold on, this could be quite a good idea".

Will always be our King.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: November 16, 2017, 01:24:02 pm »

.....and just a pity that when he said he was ready to come back and made enquiries before the Blackburn job someone didn`t think "hold on, this could be quite a good idea".

Will always be our King.
souness seemed a great appointment at the time

what was strange was i think about april 1993 (it was in his book but he doesnt say which date) he said peter robinson practically offered him the job and asked him "when are you coming home"

said he drove from blackburn to Liverpool that week pretty much ready to come back as manager and then the board turned around and went
"oh well its not the right time"

weird

why did they practically offer it to him then?

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #276 on: November 16, 2017, 01:31:29 pm »
souness seemed a great appointment at the time

what was strange was i think about april 1993 (it was in his book but he doesnt say which date) he said peter robinson practically offered him the job and asked him "when are you coming home"

said he drove from blackburn to Liverpool that week pretty much ready to come back as manager and then the board turned around and went
"oh well its not the right time"

weird

why did they practically offer it to him then?

Absolutely no idea. I read that myself. I can only presume that they were happy to go with Roy Evans and thought it would be a continuation of the dynasty but it still doesn`t answer why they approached him.

Cannot wait to see the film. I will have to wait a little while longer though. My wife is permanently banging on about what the kids should get for christmas because my response is always a slight shrug of the shoulders and "I am not bothered" (that's because I am not !) but I stupidly mentioned the release last night and it was leapt on immediately as the pefect present from my kids. Nothing wrong with watching it and carefully putting it back in the box though......
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: November 16, 2017, 02:51:03 pm »
Absolutely no idea. I read that myself. I can only presume that they were happy to go with Roy Evans and thought it would be a continuation of the dynasty but it still doesn`t answer why they approached him.

very strange and would have given us some lift at the time

Online fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: November 16, 2017, 03:28:29 pm »
Not sure I want to ever meet the man just in case as they say never meet your idols but everything he does it seems in public and in private truly defines whats great about Liverpool. A pure gent with a roguish grin as he has cut many a friend and foe with his wit. I still remember that night that led to his resignation as was absolutely shocked and angry to be honest as still was a great team but just needed a couple of fresh legs / defenders. Once we found out that he was a nervous wreck then my anger changed to shame as who could have walked in his shoes after Hillsborough as he comforted the families. Those days, weeks aged the man but as he said it was the least he could do.....how lucky we are to still have him as our King.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #279 on: November 16, 2017, 05:10:04 pm »
Posted this in the Kenny 5 Live radio special thread , but I thought I'd put it in here for anyone that wants to go see it at a cinema...

Anyone know if the coverage is just on 5 Live? The radio coverage is presumably just a commentary on the film? If so, does anyone know when the film is to be broadcast?

Was premiered at FACT in Liverpool last night with various LFC players and ex-players in attendance.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kenny-dalglish-film-premiere-updates-13906060

Showing at five cinemas according to this site :

https://film.list.co.uk/listing/886637-kenny/

FACT, Liverpool

Showcase Liverpool, Norris Green

Curzon Bloomsbury, London

Showcase Glasgow

Meridian Parkway, Cleethorpes (!)

"‘Kenny’ is released on DVD on November 20 and can be pre-ordered now."
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"