Author Topic: Anfield Road Redevelopment  (Read 307389 times)

Online macca007

• Legacy Fan
Re: Anfield Road Redevelopment
« Reply #280 on: September 7, 2017, 09:43:43 pm »
SO what is stopping you getting tickets is your shifts, and not ticket availability then.

Yes, the damand is there. Plenty missed out on the bulk sales, and as has been pointed out, there are thousands on the waiting list for a season ticket. 

No thats 1 match.  Normally have my shifts changed regardless if I've managed to scrounge a ticket or not so I can at least watch it. I've had tickets off others, but getting them on my fancard has not been possible due to availability.  Like I said the seville game was sold out in 13 minutes on the sale. I'm trying to show that the demand for the expansion is there.  You're agreeing with me on that.

I also think that the cost of expansion for each seat shouldnt be viewed as that stand, as corporate should help pay for normal seats upgrading the anny.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2017, 10:31:41 pm by macca007 »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #281 on: September 7, 2017, 10:38:28 pm »
Working shifts in a hospital and needing tickets early at times to sort out the shifts is an excuse.  Only game I couldnt make was palace due to the shifts.  Aside from that point as its going off topic, you think the demand isnt there for the anny road?

It's not off topic. It's difficult to assess the actual demand for tickets because there is a load of double counting created by the artificially low capacity.

You can't just use the waiting list and build that number of seats. People hold onto season tickets even if they don't go to every match and some people credit hunt to make sure they can get the big games. You say you get spares off season ticket holders and shared a season ticket. And you're on the waiting list but your job means you probably couldn't use it. There will be lot on the list who want it to get access to some games but couldn't get to every game. I know of people who are on the season ticket waiting list but have 19 credits and go home and away. If they had a season ticket it would just change the way they buy their tickets. Nothing personal but the only people on the waiting list that matter are the ones that go to 15-19 games a season already. If someone's been on the list for 15 years they should have been able to build up credits to guarantee tickets to most home games.

And as long as credits are needed to guarantee access to the big games, there will be credit hunting and spares for the less popular games. I started using my membership card again last season and picked up Hull and Stoke easily. Palace was easy to get and there will be a few games this season where there will be plenty on late availability.

I think the Anfield Road needs to be built for general sales to members and an increased allocation for local sales. Build it as simply as possible with plenty of toilets and food and drink. See how ticket sales hold up and if the demand is there.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: September 7, 2017, 10:56:25 pm »
It's not off topic. It's difficult to assess the actual demand for tickets because there is a load of double counting created by the artificially low capacity.

You can't just use the waiting list and build that number of seats. People hold onto season tickets even if they don't go to every match and some people credit hunt to make sure they can get the big games. You say you get spares off season ticket holders and shared a season ticket. And you're on the waiting list but your job means you probably couldn't use it. There will be lot on the list who want it to get access to some games but couldn't get to every game. I know of people who are on the season ticket waiting list but have 19 credits and go home and away. If they had a season ticket it would just change the way they buy their tickets. Nothing personal but the only people on the waiting list that matter are the ones that go to 15-19 games a season already. If someone's been on the list for 15 years they should have been able to build up credits to guarantee tickets to most home games.

And as long as credits are needed to guarantee access to the big games, there will be credit hunting and spares for the less popular games. I started using my membership card again last season and picked up Hull and Stoke easily. Palace was easy to get and there will be a few games this season where there will be plenty on late availability.

I think the Anfield Road needs to be built for general sales to members and an increased allocation for local sales. Build it as simply as possible with plenty of toilets and food and drink. See how ticket sales hold up and if the demand is there.

My job wouldn't stop me going games.  Had one shift pattern week for palace that i couldnt swap as it fit aroubd a pre booked trip with the missus to the lakes.  There's a few who I work with who have season tickets. They maybe miss 2 games a year, usually due to holidays.  Normally go at least 15 homes a season and a couple of aways myself so I'm one who should be on the list intending to use it properly. I'm not advocating a 90k seater stadium but don't want demand used as a reason behind not building the anny road.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2017, 10:58:39 pm by macca007 »

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: September 7, 2017, 11:06:24 pm »
If we don't get the young locals into the ground at competitive prices then we will not be ingraining the next generation into the match going habit.    What percentage of our blue neighbours' crowd if under 25 and local compared to ours?   This will be exacerbated when they move down to the docks.   I am reassured that FSG has had the foresight to invest in the Academy to ensure that our young players become the next generation of winners on the pitch.  What they need to do now is look at the stands and get the 15/20 yr old fans signed up for the next 50 years.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2017, 11:14:40 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: September 8, 2017, 08:23:08 am »
My job wouldn't stop me going games.  Had one shift pattern week for palace that i couldnt swap as it fit aroubd a pre booked trip with the missus to the lakes.  There's a few who I work with who have season tickets. They maybe miss 2 games a year, usually due to holidays.  Normally go at least 15 homes a season and a couple of aways myself so I'm one who should be on the list intending to use it properly. I'm not advocating a 90k seater stadium but don't want demand used as a reason behind not building the anny road.

There you go - you're someone who deserves a season ticket but you're already going the game. You don't necessarily need a season ticket to get access to the match, you want one to simplify access to the match and have it in your name. 

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that anyone wanting a season ticket should be able to show that they get to 14 home games a season. I'm not on the list because I'm not local and work/girlfriend means I rarely get to more than 10 home games a season. I could have gone on the list years ago and maybe got one by now but I'd just be perpetuating the problem and skewing the figures. I'd be interested to know whether there's an accurate study that correlates the people on the waiting list with the number of matches they go to. 

I think there is demand for more general admission tickets and ideally at the lowest price points. I think a redeveloped Anfield Road stand would make Anfield an even more impressive ground.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: September 8, 2017, 08:23:29 am »
If we don't get the young locals into the ground at competitive prices then we will not be ingraining the next generation into the match going habit.    What percentage of our blue neighbours' crowd if under 25 and local compared to ours?   This will be exacerbated when they move down to the docks.   I am reassured that FSG has had the foresight to invest in the Academy to ensure that our young players become the next generation of winners on the pitch.  What they need to do now is look at the stands and get the 15/20 yr old fans signed up for the next 50 years.

Exactly.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #286 on: September 8, 2017, 10:06:42 am »
Have to see how the tickets go this week as no luck getting one for burnley yet, there is always good demand for weekend fixture, but i would rather see the club look to sel more tickets at a lower price.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #287 on: September 20, 2017, 03:50:53 pm »
Looking as issue of stadium size again spurs got 24k for their game against barnet in the cup and that was with tickets at £10 adult £5 kids,

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #288 on: September 20, 2017, 07:57:20 pm »
No recent news then?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #289 on: September 28, 2017, 01:23:40 pm »

We've already lost a generation (around the 15-30 group). We can't lose another or we'll have nobody to fill the ground in 20 years and it'll be Everton benefiting on the docks.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: September 28, 2017, 02:05:50 pm »
We've already lost a generation (around the 15-30 group). We can't lose another or we'll have nobody to fill the ground in 20 years and it'll be Everton benefiting on the docks.

hahaha what planet is this?

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #291 on: October 1, 2017, 08:25:36 am »
Is there a capacity limit beyond which the surrounding roads and infrastructure couldn't cope. As somebody who drives and parks up at Anfield I can't say I've noticed any difference to my journey with the jump in capacity the new main stand brought.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: October 1, 2017, 08:51:44 am »
Is there a capacity limit beyond which the surrounding roads and infrastructure couldn't cope. As somebody who drives and parks up at Anfield I can't say I've noticed any difference to my journey with the jump in capacity the new main stand brought.

Seem to remember its around the 60k mark. For my sins I live 3 miles from Old Trafford so see first hand what a 70 odd thousand crowd does to the roads around here. Its a nightmare after the game, the M60 is stuffed for over an hour, as is the M56 as they all travel back down south. If they are at home when we are, its still knackered by ours when I get back from our game.

I no longer go regurlarly, but I didn't notice it get any worse, still get to park in my usual place. This is most likely though to how the corprates go the game.I say this as I have done the corporate in the Centenary, I had to get there a lot earlier than I usually would for the pre-match meal and drinks, I parked in the Vernon Sangster car park not where I usually have to park and then we stayed back for over an hour for the after match stuff.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #293 on: October 1, 2017, 02:06:38 pm »
Looking as issue of stadium size again spurs got 24k for their game against barnet in the cup and that was with tickets at £10 adult £5 kids,

They played Barnsley, if they'd played Barnet you could have added 10,000 Arsenal fans going along to support them.

Offline FinnanTastic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #294 on: October 2, 2017, 12:00:42 am »
Why dont more clubs do what what the mancs do at old trafford, stick the away fans in the corner as far away from the pitch as possible. Im sure it benefits the players only surrounded by there own "fans"

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: October 2, 2017, 12:10:14 am »
Why dont more clubs do what what the mancs do at old trafford, stick the away fans in the corner as far away from the pitch as possible. Im sure it benefits the players only surrounded by there own "fans"

A shithouse tactic, used by shithouse clubs.
I'm sure I read the rules were being changed so away fans are to be closer to the pitch and no longer 'in the gods'
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #296 on: October 2, 2017, 11:24:20 am »
Why dont more clubs do what what the mancs do at old trafford, stick the away fans in the corner as far away from the pitch as possible.

That isn't anywhere close to being as far away from the pitch as possible at Old Trafford. Up in the gods like at Newcastle would be.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #297 on: October 2, 2017, 11:37:17 am »
That isn't anywhere close to being as far away from the pitch as possible at Old Trafford. Up in the gods like at Newcastle would be.

Well Newcastle is fairly far from Manchester, so yeah that would be pretty far away from the OT pitch.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #298 on: October 2, 2017, 11:46:24 am »
Well Newcastle is fairly far from Manchester, so yeah that would be pretty far away from the OT pitch.

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #299 on: October 3, 2017, 03:54:11 am »

The Premier League from this season have rules in place to prevent this from happening a few clubs (Newcastle is one) have been given a one year grace period, so they can sort out segregation issues

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/10/away-fans-to-be-pitch-side-at-every-premier-league-game-next-sea/

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #300 on: October 5, 2017, 06:21:56 am »
I've had the email to say I'm on the stadium forum from the club. Will be interesting what they have to say about this.
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #301 on: October 5, 2017, 06:57:34 am »
I've had the email to say I'm on the stadium forum from the club. Will be interesting what they have to say about this.

Please can you pass on my plans

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #302 on: October 5, 2017, 01:44:34 pm »

You can turn up with a pre-prepared portfolio of photo beauts from SkyScraper City. They'll then know you mean business.

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #303 on: October 5, 2017, 04:01:38 pm »
Please can you pass on my plans

Absolutely
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #304 on: October 17, 2017, 07:18:11 pm »

I recall when Hicks and Gillett proposed the 70k stadium on the park they would have to have included for renovating and reopening the Old Bootle line to deal with the additional numbers
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: October 21, 2017, 09:49:51 pm »
I recall when Hicks and Gillett proposed the 70k stadium on the park they would have to have included for renovating and reopening the Old Bootle line to deal with the additional numbers

Council once took representatives from the club on a trip on what is now a freight line (the Bootle Line) to see if they could get the club interested in contributing or making it happen.

Independent studies showed that there where better and more cost effective ways of getting people about on a day-to-day basis - 365 days a year.

Huge cost to change it to a passenger line (more than the cost of a new stadium). Club not interested in the slightest. Not for 25 days a year and no matter what the capacity. Many other and better ways of skinning the cat.

Offline WisconsinRed

• Special: but only in his very own.....special.....way!
  • Kopite
« Reply #306 on: November 8, 2017, 12:28:54 pm »
The silence over this is deafening!

Can't see the ARE ever being expanded under these owners. They're not interested in doing anything for the regular fan

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #307 on: November 8, 2017, 01:09:14 pm »

Can't see the ARE ever being expanded under these owners. They're not interested in doing anything for the regular fan
We’ve got until 2019 with the planning permission.

Maybe no news is good news...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #308 on: November 8, 2017, 06:50:05 pm »

Are there any meetings scheduled Ned?

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: November 9, 2017, 08:48:31 pm »

Put it this way - we got plenty news and no action from previous owners.

Since they delivered us a world class main stand, I'm inclined to trust that work is going on in the background and that they have their reasons for keeping quiet right now.

If we don't hear anything within the next 12 months though, then i would agree questions need to start being asked.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline WisconsinRed

• Kopite
« Reply #310 on: November 9, 2017, 11:54:37 pm »
Put it this way - we got plenty news and no action from previous owners.

Since they delivered us a world class main stand, I'm inclined to trust that work is going on in the background and that they have their reasons for keeping quiet right now.

If we don't hear anything within the next 12 months though, then i would agree questions need to start being asked.

The way I see it is they'll drag their heels on this one as there's gonna be no corporate seats. If we have until 2019 then they won't rush this. Ian ayre even said as much.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #311 on: November 10, 2017, 07:31:39 am »
The way I see it is they'll drag their heels on this one as there's gonna be no corporate seats. If we have until 2019 then they won't rush this. Ian ayre even said as much.

Where did he say that?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #312 on: November 10, 2017, 07:49:19 am »
Where did he say that?
It came out last year when the mainstand opened.

Because initial works had been done, outline planning for the Annie road extended for two years to 1019
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #313 on: November 10, 2017, 07:55:51 am »

Because initial works had been done, outline planning for the Annie road extended for two years to 1019

More mean where Ayre said we won’t rush it because there is no corporate seats.

I know he’s said the right funding needs to be in place as no corporate seating to cover the bulk of the cost, and I know he’s said no decision will be made until the Main is finished and demand has been assessed after that, but just not sure where he has said anything connecting time and corporates which the posted I quoted is doing.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #314 on: November 10, 2017, 09:17:32 am »

Even Cnut won't be able to stop the Anny road end being redeveloped.

Offline WisconsinRed

• Kopite
« Reply #315 on: November 10, 2017, 01:11:45 pm »
Where did he say that?

“If you consider the redevelopment of Anfield Road from a purely general admission perspective, building, say, 6,000 extra seats to take the capacity up to 60,000 would cost somewhere between £60m and £70m. At £12,000 to £13,000 per seat, it would take approximately 15 years to pay back, which is not a smart investment for the business. Therefore the club needs to find a rounded solution that’s in the best interests of the football club.”

However, as with the main stand, the club has to find the right economic model, and only then will it be the right time to move forward.”

The above are direct quotes from Ian ayre from October 2016.

Like I said they are in no rush to do this and I suspect,given them quotes, that they don't really wanna do it.

He says £65m like its £600m! The amount they've made through the increased value in club means this shouldn't be a problem (this increased value wouldn't have happened without the fans). They'll be getting £4.5m back every year through ticket sales alone.

We will be spending that much on one player alone soon!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #316 on: November 10, 2017, 01:23:23 pm »
“If you consider the redevelopment of Anfield Road from a purely general admission perspective, building, say, 6,000 extra seats to take the capacity up to 60,000 would cost somewhere between £60m and £70m. At £12,000 to £13,000 per seat, it would take approximately 15 years to pay back, which is not a smart investment for the business. Therefore the club needs to find a rounded solution that’s in the best interests of the football club.”

However, as with the main stand, the club has to find the right economic model, and only then will it be the right time to move forward.”

The above are direct quotes from Ian ayre from October 2016.

Like I said they are in no rush to do this and I suspect,given them quotes, that they don't really wanna do it.

He says £65m like its £600m! The amount they've made through the increased value in club means this shouldn't be a problem (this increased value wouldn't have happened without the fans). They'll be getting £4.5m back every year through ticket sales alone.

We will be spending that much on one player alone soon!

So he hasn’t said anything about dragging their heals due to no corporates, as you suggested. Just that the right financing needs to be found.

Let’s not confuse what the club has said with an opinion you’re forming by attempting to read between the lines.

Offline WisconsinRed

• Kopite
« Reply #317 on: November 10, 2017, 01:39:15 pm »
So he hasn’t said anything about dragging their heals due to no corporates, as you suggested. Just that the right financing needs to be found.

Let’s not confuse what the club has said with an opinion you’re forming by attempting to read between the lines.

Make sure you don't confuse what I said either.

I said 'the way I see it' and Ian ayre 'said as much' so obviously I was giving my opinion and reading between the lines. I never said they were direct quotes.

Do you take everything that the club says as 100% genuine?

Do you think the ARE will ever get done?

Don't you think they should do this as a matter of urgency as it's what the fans deserve?

I'm 4,500 on the waiting list so that's why it's a matter of urgency to me  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #318 on: November 10, 2017, 02:18:32 pm »

I said 'the way I see it' and Ian ayre 'said as much' so obviously I was giving my opinion and reading between the lines. I never said they were direct quotes.

Did you even read what I wrote? As I even said you read between the lines.

Ayre definitely didn't 'say as much' either. Hence my comment. You've inferred the delay being due to the corporates and the quotes from Ayre doesn't mention that being a delay at all.

Of course not. However I won't read between the lines to form an opinion. It's pointless and means your opinion isn't backed up by anything factual.

Don't you think they should do this as a matter of urgency as it's what the fans deserve?

Yes it will get done, imo.

Urgency? I mean they've managed to deal with an exceptionally complex issue (been discussed to death) to both decide to stay at Anfield and then build the Main Stand. That was only completed part way through last season and they said from the start the decision for the Anny Road would not be made until after this was complete - in the meantime they've done a lot of work around the ground in the summer and from first hand accounts from members on here they are actively working on the Anny Rd end.

I understand you're ultra keen for it to get done. However doesn't really pay to make assumptions based on quotes that you've read between the lines of.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: November 10, 2017, 08:32:54 pm »

They have at the very least been looking into it, I know for a fact that United Utilities were asked to investigate a supply request from the club about 12 months ago. This request was to look at how much it would cost the club in changes to the network for an increased demand due to additional capacity at the Annie Road stand.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A