Author Topic: Liverpool vs Real Madrid  (Read 72678 times)

Offline Klopp Your Hands

• And Stompp yer feet!
  • Kopite
  • If you're a Kopite and you know it Klopp ur hands!
Pathetic display - sideways passing all day long with the penetration of a eunuch.

Gini killed our build up so many times the last 15 mins.

No repeat of the Barca comeback likely.
At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Embarrassingly outclassed tonight. We barely got a kick in the first half or after the third goal. I never really expected us to win this competition with how poor we've been this season but I expected us to put up more of a fight than that.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
We're almost out but not quite. The away goal could help us yet but I don't see where we find the kind of performance needed without the backing of the fans.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
Our own worst enemy.
Terrible first half but the second goal was terrible from Trent and Ali, although unsighted should do better on the third. we looked much better in the second, but it was always difficult playing against a team set up like West Brom but which much better players.

Some embarrassing dives from their players, ref bought most of them. Not sure why he hates Sadio so much he was getting nothing from him tonight.

Will need to be much better next time, but they are beatable just wish we hadn't given them a head start.

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
That was poor. We never played quick enough. Can definitely win 2-0, but can just as easily fuck it up this season.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
3-1 is certainly not insurmountable, but we'll have to shape up in a big way to prevent Madrid from snatching an away goal whilst we chase the 2 goals we need. Not a single passable performance today; Keita will get a lot of flack but I don't think Gini and Fabinho were any better to be perfectly honest. Thiago was a minor improvement, but by and large, we were totally dominated by Kroos and Modric.

And just to add to the frustration, Felix Brych had a shocker too.

Offline Weytske

• Anny Roader
  • Peerless
Got a chance if we can find our Anfield form.

Their third was kind of unlucky. Shame about that.

Half time thread was a fucking disgrace
So was that first half performance.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Score flattered us so there's that. That third goal was a disgrace, all stemmed from our own corner which we nearly conceded off but got away with then they still ended up scoring anyway. A total shambles.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
Sloppy, slow.....
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
They were the much better team but the ref was awful

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
Think you have to ask serious questions about Sadio's form at this point. The broken link in the attack.

Better team won anyway.

Agreed. He’s breaking attacks down constantly and protesting about silly stuff

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
They looked intimidated in a stadium with no fans.
Football is a lie

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Got a chance if we can find our Anfield form.

Their third was kind of unlucky. Shame about that.

None of our players could play a 10 yard pass, what do you expect? The disgrace was the performance.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
2-0 win next week.. We got this..

Haters gonna hate.. Twats will be twats..

But we got this.. Goodnight..  :wave
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Started the second half well but overall shit performance and result.  :butt

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
They weren't arsed.

They really weren't arsed. Lazy passing, not making runs, not attempting interceptions. I'm fuming.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
We made them look far better than they are. But we're doing that a lot lately and unlikely much will change soon.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
Deserved result for Madrid, but we still have a chance (albeit not a lot).

Mane was absolutely shocking, to the point that I was begging for Jota to take it on himself for the position that led to our goal.

We need to find our 2019/20 home form to have any chance of going through next Wednesday

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Outclassed. Not much more to say. 1 shot on target as well.

We simply can't compete against the likes of Real/City/Bayern/PSG with that defense. Unfortunately, I think this is where our CL ride ends this season. I can't see us keeping them out in the second leg and can't see us scoring 3 or 4 either.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Played the game like a team brand new to European footy, especially at 3-1 when practically the whole team is going forward and leaving three on two.

Lucky to get away with the away goal and still be in the tie.
AHA!

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan

It was a reflection of the first half performance.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
At least after the Barca first leg you felt we had something there - this seems much more difficult even though the score is closer

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
That first half. Fuck, me.

Offline Schmohawk

• Anny Roader
It felt like they wanted it more and had two more players on the pitch. I wanted Bobby on, but we felt more dangerous before Jota came off.

It’s not impossible though.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Absolutely deflating performance. Seriously worried now..
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Klopp Your Hands

• And Stompp yer feet!
  • Kopite
  • If you're a Kopite and you know it Klopp ur hands!
So was that first half performance.

It must have been a joy to watch for Man U fans.
TAA's "assist" for their second goal, no words.
At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Got it to 2-1 and fell apart.

So open and couldn’t control the ball.

Kross had so much space.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
Think you have to ask serious questions about Sadio's form at this point. The broken link in the attack.

Better team won anyway.
Never seen him play worse.
So slow to every ball and then fell over.
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Played alright second half and no doubt people will go over board with the criticism and look for the deeper meaning behind things, but in the end we just lost because of defensive mistakes. Two from Phillips unfortunately that obviously wouldn’t happen without our injury issues.

We’re still in it though, especially if Real approach the 2nd leg like they did the last 10 minutes tonight.

Steve McManaman is a complete and utter cock.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
Not totally out of it.....but the form of a few of our players is shocking. Better team won today.

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Anny Roader
That first half performance for a CL quarter final was utterly woeful. So many poor performances tonight at least it’s only 3-1 it could have been a lot worse.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That first half display. Shocking.

Just need to go for it second leg. Nothing to lose but this will be hard. Kroos and Modric controlled that

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really, really poor that

Looked lethargic and timid all game, didn't compete in any area of the pitch

Tough to get back into it next week

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
Milner needs to start that 2nd leg

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna

Better team won anyway.

I think serious questions need to be asked of the referee at this point, that was one of the most one-sided performances I've ever seen.

Apart from that, just not good enough overall and a completely wasted first half. But the signs were there in the second half for sure. That lot are there for the taking if we feel like it, and the away goal is massive. 3-0 and I'd say tie over, but we all know what happens when Real come back to Anfield...

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Last time we’ll be in the Champions League for at least a season, and as things stand we’re going out with a whimper. Really embarrassing performance on the biggest stage. Scoreline flatters us.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
It must have been a joy to watch for Man U fans.
TAA's "assist" for their second goal, no words.

They're already frothing at the mouth over it.

Offline Hash91

• Anny Roader
Less said about the first half the better.

Second half did well to get a goal, but we didn't really capitalise too much after that.

Disappointed with the performance, really thought we'd give it our best in UCL since the league is out of reach. On a positive note, still HT in the tie. I hope we set up much better next week Anfield in terms of tactics and team selection.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Shocking. Real were there for the taking tonight, this is not a great Real side. So many you could point the finger at tonight, team selection was wrong and so many poor performances from those selected. Away goal is the only positive but we’ve left ourselves a massive task now.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
Well that was shit... looked like we didn’t expect it and that’s been are down fall quite a lot this season. It started against villa away and that was with a full squad.