Author Topic: RedBird Capital to buy stake in FSG  (Read 72387 times)

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Re: RedBird Capital to buy stake in FSG
« Reply #200 on: March 16, 2021, 11:24:11 pm »
It does really make me wonder what the point is in all this and what the end game is for the people involved

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2021, 11:25:04 pm »
Endgame is a triple threat match between Al, Mac Red and Craig.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: March 16, 2021, 11:26:45 pm »

Ring the damn bell!!!
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #203 on: March 16, 2021, 11:30:20 pm »
Ring the damn bell!!!

That will be my fight strategy. Which one though ?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 11:34:28 pm by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: March 16, 2021, 11:38:48 pm »
To be fair mate you do have access to the Macedonian edition of Football manager and that is years ahead of reality .......

You must be terrified of the prospect of FSG actually investing some of that money into LFC. What you'll be posting about then?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #205 on: March 16, 2021, 11:46:13 pm »

Wouldn’t even be a fair fight.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2021, 11:48:12 pm »
Wouldn’t even be a fair fight.

With all that new money for our transfer funds, there can only be one winner 😄

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2021, 12:30:39 am »
You must be terrified of the prospect of FSG actually investing some of that money into LFC. What you'll be posting about then?

FSG paid $493m for Liverpool. KPMG have valued us at $2.6bn. So despite seeing their investment increase by $2.1bn the only investment in January was the signing of Ben Davies. With the Kabak loan fee being cancelled out by the Minamino loan fee.

The funniest part though is the idea that FSG will be investing in Mbappe in 2022. If that does happen then it will be on a free with LFC and not FSG picking up the tab for signing on fees and wages. Fenway Sports Management will benefit. 

FSG just use the increase in value of sports franchises to buy more clubs. It is the same business model as landlords buying more houses instead of improving the ones they have.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2021, 12:49:12 am »
It does really make me wonder what the point is in all this and what the end game is for the people involved

To me it looks like FSG's partners want to spread the risk. Liverpool was bought in the aftermath of 07-08 financial crash. FSG now look as if they want to go on a spending spree and take advantage of the pandemic.

Redball the SPAC and Redbird the private investment have hit the headlines but what has slipped under the radar has been Arctos Sports partners becoming a partner. An entity that provides liquidity for sports franchises in exchange for a passive stake in the company.

So both Arctos and Redbird will be making significant investments in FSG.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2021, 12:50:42 am »
FSG paid $493m for Liverpool. KPMG have valued us at $2.6bn. So despite seeing their investment increase by $2.1bn the only investment in January was the signing of Ben Davies. With the Kabak loan fee being cancelled out by the Minamino loan fee.

The funniest part though is the idea that FSG will be investing in Mbappe in 2022. If that does happen then it will be on a free with LFC and not FSG picking up the tab for signing on fees and wages. Fenway Sports Management will benefit. 

FSG just use the increase in value of sports franchises to buy more clubs. It is the same business model as landlords buying more houses instead of improving the ones they have.

We have won the league and the CL in last 3 seasons. Relax.

The revenue of the club has increased and so has the investment into transfers and player wages.

We are in much better financial shape now than in 2010 needless to say.

Who is your ideal owner Al?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2021, 12:54:36 am »
We have won the league and the CL in last 3 seasons. Relax.

The revenue of the club has increased and so has the investment into transfers and player wages.

We are in much better financial shape now than in 2010 needless to say.

Who is your ideal owner Al?

Me, Craig and Mac Red.

I can be in charge of knowing everything, Craig can keep hold of the kitty and Mac can be in charge of signing the next Messi from the 9th division of Albanian football.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2021, 10:06:52 am »
Is that new investment in FSG by the guy that plays in the sports league whose viewership is hitting all-time lows? And who is becoming about as popular and likeable as flesh-eating bacteria?

Yep – that’s a good idea.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2021, 10:27:27 am »
Is that new investment in FSG by the guy that plays in the sports league whose viewership is hitting all-time lows? And who is becoming about as popular and likeable as flesh-eating bacteria?

No, it isn’t.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2021, 11:49:33 am »

Are you talking about LeBron James and the NBA or someone else? I thought the NBA were doing well for ratings and he was pretty much popular? Its the only sport in America that seems worth watching.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2021, 11:58:42 am »
Are you talking about LeBron James and the NBA or someone else? I thought the NBA were doing well for ratings and he was pretty much popular? Its the only sport in America that seems worth watching.

Not only that but it’s popular the world over. There is a reason he’s one of Nikes biggest stars (the biggest?).

Either way, he’s taking a small stake and it’s the one investing $750m.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2021, 11:59:19 am »

it’s shite  :P

But yeah, what’s the deal with Lebron James, what has he done, why is he as 'popular and likeable as flesh-eating bacteria’ these days? I don’t follow basketball so have no idea what he has done.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2021, 12:27:13 pm »

But yeah, what’s the deal with Lebron James, what has he done, why is he as 'popular and likeable as flesh-eating bacteria’ these days? I don’t follow basketball so have no idea what he has done.

Right wingers in the US are livid with him (and with the NBA at large) for having the temerity to use his clout and influence to speak out for basic civil rights and against systemic racism, police brutality. As you might imagine, that makes him "divisive" and "controversial".
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2021, 12:33:25 pm »
Right wingers in the US are livid with him (and with the NBA at large) for having the temerity to use his clout and influence to speak out for basic civil rights and against systemic racism, police brutality. As you might imagine, that makes him "divisive" and "controversial".

In that case, I like him more!

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2021, 01:01:31 pm »

Makes me a bit interested as to why dear FLRed67 seems to have a dislike for him!

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2021, 01:06:02 pm »
Not only that but it’s popular the world over. There is a reason he’s one of Nikes biggest stars (the biggest?).

Either way, he’s taking a small stake and it’s the one investing $750m.

Let's not forget Space Jam 2.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2021, 01:18:38 pm »

NBA is putrid. It’s become an unwatchable game of isolation and feed your star player to the detriment of the team play. It’s really really boring too. It certainly gets better in the playoffs - but nowadays you have 7 footers who think they are guards - and shooting threes more than twos.

So many problems with the sport - but like any other major sport it will always be “popular”.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2021, 01:41:51 pm »
NBA is putrid. It’s become an unwatchable game of isolation and feed your star player to the detriment of the team play. It’s really really boring too. It certainly gets better in the playoffs - but nowadays you have 7 footers who think they are guards - and shooting threes more than twos.

So many problems with the sport - but like any other major sport it will always be “popular”.

Some games are still good with players driving to the basket and do battle,but i hate the many games now where both teams just rotate until someone tries a 3,rinse and repeat.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2021, 01:42:03 pm »

Broadly agree, but don't think that assessment explains the accusation of James's putridity.

Gods_Left_Boot covered it well...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: March 17, 2021, 03:51:14 pm »

What about rounders? 😁
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2021, 04:49:17 pm »

“his clout and influence to speak out for basic civil rights .   .   .”

Lol

When the Houston Rockets GM "spoke out for the basic civil rights" of the people of Hong Kong, this creepy and bigoted LFC "investor" told him to shut the f*ck up, and used his "clout and influence" to make sure the GM promptly lost his job.

Yeah keep telling yourself it’s all about “right-wingers”.

Hey, I have a bridge for sale. Brand new. Call me quick - it won't last long!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 04:54:43 pm by FLRed67 »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 17, 2021, 05:16:44 pm »
Wait, LeBron James is creepy and bigotted? This escalated quickly!

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #226 on: March 17, 2021, 05:19:03 pm »
A bridge for sale
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 17, 2021, 05:23:43 pm »

Lol

When the Houston Rockets GM "spoke out for the basic civil rights" of the people of Hong Kong, this creepy and bigoted LFC "investor" told him to shut the f*ck up, and used his "clout and influence" to make sure the GM promptly lost his job.

I'm sure that's why you dislike him and are calling him bigoted mate.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 17, 2021, 05:24:58 pm »
And also, 5 mins research - the Daryl Morey ‘furore’ happened in Oct 2019, he left the Rockets a year later, not sure how that equates to James causing him to ‘promptly’ lose his job. Also seems the Rockets themselves as an organisation where really fucking mad at their own GM for the furore it caused.  I’m sure there is a lot more to it, than the cut down version above (and my cut down version here!).

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 17, 2021, 05:25:21 pm »
You will all be unfurling Lebron James banners on the Kop when Mbappe signs.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: March 17, 2021, 05:28:07 pm »

Lol

Nice bit of whataboutery mate, keep up the good work!
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: March 17, 2021, 05:47:30 pm »
LeBron didn't cause Morey to lose his job. Morey resigned in October 2020, and got a job the following month at Philladelphia. His tweet pertaining to Hong Kong was in October 2019. The resignation wasn't to do with his tweet, but the state of Houston as an organization and what they wanted to do going forward.

While I didn't like LeBron's stance on Hong Kong, he's more than well in his rights to speak about the civil rights of Black Americans, and anyone calling him a bigot is incredibly bizarre.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #232 on: March 17, 2021, 06:01:42 pm »
LeBron didn't cause Morey to lose his job. Morey resigned in October 2020, and got a job the following month at Philladelphia. His tweet pertaining to Hong Kong was in October 2019. The resignation wasn't to do with his tweet, but the state of Houston as an organization and what they wanted to do going forward.

While I didn't like LeBron's stance on Hong Kong, he's more than well in his rights to speak about the civil rights of Black Americans, and anyone calling him a bigot is incredibly bizarre.
He did come across as a massive hypocrite though. Him talking about the civil rights of Black Americans rings hollow when he pretty much spewed CPC propaganda in regards to the Hong Kong situation. 

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 17, 2021, 06:06:29 pm »
He did come across as a massive hypocrite though. Him talking about the civil rights of Black Americans rings hollow when he pretty much spewed CPC propaganda in regards to the Hong Kong situation.

I agree, which is why I said that I didn't like his stance on Hong Kong. having said that, he's got far more experience as a Black American to talk about civil rights of Black Americans than he does about Hong Kong and it's people.

Despite that, I don't think that takes away from what he is trying to do in regards to civil rights for Black Americans. A hypocrite yes, but a bigot? I don't think so.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #234 on: March 17, 2021, 06:33:34 pm »
I agree, which is why I said that I didn't like his stance on Hong Kong. having said that, he's got far more experience as a Black American to talk about civil rights of Black Americans than he does about Hong Kong and it's people.

Despite that, I don't think that takes away from what he is trying to do in regards to civil rights for Black Americans. A hypocrite yes, but a bigot? I don't think so.
Then he shouldn't have said that Morey was “either misinformed or not really educated on the situation” regarding Hong Kong.

I agree, I wouldn't call him a bigot, but it does damage his credibility as a Civil Rights spokesman when he picks and chooses what Civilians he supports, depending on how it affects his bottom line.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: March 17, 2021, 06:35:37 pm »
Sounds like the money will be used to acquire a basketball franchise, which means the funding and attention will be diluted three ways instead of two.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #236 on: March 17, 2021, 06:48:06 pm »
Sounds like the money will be used to acquire a basketball franchise, which means the funding and attention will be diluted three ways instead of two.

They’ve never really funded us, or them, so it will be no different with another team.

As for attention - not sure we’ve ever suffered from a lack of it from them. They install the best they can get and generally have a hands off approach.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 17, 2021, 06:50:32 pm »

He is a good guy but he really needs to get off the fence with regards to the Covid vaccine.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 17, 2021, 06:52:33 pm »

Were we ever actually getting any money?  I thought LFC was basically self sufficient financially, with not much support from FSG, who basically just manage and run the club?

(forgive my ignorance in advance)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: March 17, 2021, 06:54:47 pm »
I'm sure that's why you dislike him and are calling him bigoted mate.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill