Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 208694 times)

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #280 on: April 9, 2019, 05:10:12 pm »
It’s been Sekiro since the day it came out.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: April 9, 2019, 06:55:21 pm »
Working my way through the DMC franchise.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: April 11, 2019, 12:54:31 am »
Assetto Corsa

Dirt Rally (VR)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #283 on: April 12, 2019, 06:18:20 pm »
Alien Isolation & damn it is difficult.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: April 13, 2019, 04:10:39 pm »
Far Cry 5. Nothing groundbreaking but a decent game all around.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2019, 09:18:12 pm »
Games played recently;

Pinball FX 3 - THE Pinball game with genuine competition

Sunless Sea - Go on the zee dear Zailors!

The Elder Scrolls Online - Great but boots you off every half an hour

Dead by Dawn - Massively creepy and fun!

Killing Floor 2 - The best Zombie game ever

Crusader Kings two - get a wife - bump her off - get someone better - assasinate everyone. Go nuts! Have a ball! Annoy the pope!! Attack the Scottish! Fiddle with the French!

Mini Metro - great casual gamer

Battlefield V - the Daddy of all War FPS games
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #286 on: April 24, 2019, 10:42:07 am »
Bioshock Collection remastered on PS4 pro

Forgotten how good Infinite is, well worth a shout
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: April 24, 2019, 11:04:25 am »
Playing through Prey at the moment, not bad. It's a little bioshock mixed with alien isolation and a little soma.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #288 on: April 24, 2019, 11:26:31 am »

Loved that game, really tough going, hiding in lockers, holding your breath.  Nightmare stuff.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #289 on: April 24, 2019, 11:47:15 am »

Tried it in VR?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #290 on: April 24, 2019, 12:18:56 pm »
Playing through Prey at the moment, not bad. It's a little bioshock mixed with alien isolation and a little soma.

I enjoyed Prey. Typical Arkane though in giving you lots of interesting toys to play with and then disincentivising you from using them!

---

I've been messing about with Total War: Warhammer 2's new DLC. Bugs aside, patch this week which should nail at least the worst, it's got the feel of designers and artists just having a lot of fun and seeing how far they can push the game. Kind of hopeful for their new title Three Kingdoms having seen CA moving from Warhammer 1 to where to Warhammer 2 is at now. Apart from the bugs and their slow patch rate.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: April 24, 2019, 01:12:34 pm »
The Hong Kong Massacre on PS4 and clearing up Mario Kart and Sonic Mania on the Switch.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: April 26, 2019, 01:18:16 pm »
Bioshock Collection remastered on PS4 pro

Forgotten how good Infinite is, well worth a shout

Yeah, love Infinite.  It's interesting playing through the story the second time too when you know the context for everything going on around you.  The 'twins' conversations for example take on a different meaning with the knowledge that one has with a second playthrough. "He doesn't row" indeed.

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #293 on: April 26, 2019, 03:20:39 pm »
Yeah, love Infinite.  It's interesting playing through the story the second time too when you know the context for everything going on around you.  The 'twins' conversations for example take on a different meaning with the knowledge that one has with a second playthrough. "He doesn't row" indeed.

Spot on that mate, I missed loads when I played this on the PS3 (the Lutece twins stuff being one of the main culprits), I didn't play any of the DLC when it originally came out and as its all free as part of the bundle im chipping away at that till I start Days gone, Burial at Sea pt 2 DLC is superb, one minute you're in Rapture then back in Columbia. Great stuff

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: April 29, 2019, 09:16:06 pm »
Tried it in VR?
I don't think Isolation is in VR. Well, not in any official manner. Certainly not on something like PSVR, although it should be. Would love it to be. Would be heart-attack material, though.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: April 30, 2019, 08:06:22 pm »
Spot on that mate, I missed loads when I played this on the PS3 (the Lutece twins stuff being one of the main culprits), I didn't play any of the DLC when it originally came out and as its all free as part of the bundle im chipping away at that till I start Days gone, Burial at Sea pt 2 DLC is superb, one minute you're in Rapture then back in Columbia. Great stuff

I'll have to have a go at Burial as Sea then as for some unknown reason I've never touched it.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #296 on: May 4, 2019, 01:48:38 am »

Is that Prey - the fantastic game with a rich story line and a delve into Native American Mysticism or the new shit one?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #297 on: May 5, 2019, 01:58:43 am »
PES 5 on PS2, with 2018/19 squads.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #298 on: May 5, 2019, 09:27:13 am »
PES 5 on PS2, with 2018/19 squads.

Classic, though I did prefer the Japanese version WE9 which seemed to play better

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #299 on: May 5, 2019, 12:21:22 pm »
Classic, though I did prefer the Japanese version WE9 which seemed to play better
Yeah I’ve always heard that. Never actually played it but apparently the ref is better too.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #300 on: May 6, 2019, 01:48:11 am »
Playing Mafia again.

Also finished Dear Esther

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #301 on: May 6, 2019, 08:17:49 pm »
About 10 hours into Days gone, anyone else playing it????? really dont get some of the hate its been getting off the likes of gamespot and IGN

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: May 7, 2019, 10:00:00 am »
About 10 hours into Days gone, anyone else playing it????? really dont get some of the hate its been getting off the likes of gamespot and IGN

I was going to get it the day it came out but the reviews put me off slightly, was genuinely expecting a 10/10 game after 3 years of hype and it’s seemingly being ripped apart from most review sites as a mediocre 6/10 game. Might wait for a price drop and then buy a copy.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #303 on: May 7, 2019, 11:14:42 am »
It looked pretty boring to me right from the first trailer. Just running away from hordes of zombies, didn’t look particularly ground breaking and the Last of Us has already nailed the whole zombie apocalypse thing.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #304 on: May 19, 2019, 01:11:04 am »

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: May 19, 2019, 01:17:22 pm »
Dimwit: are you playing Fallout 76?

Far Cry New Dawn. Easy, relaxing shooting. Lurking around Hope County and killing bad guys with a silenced sniper rifle. Makes you wonder what Fallout would be like with a better engine.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: May 20, 2019, 10:53:30 am »
Trying to construct in Dreams but the controls are off putting.

PC wise its AC Odyssey and Division 2. Odyssey is amazing, for £18 quid (Fanantical sale) its worth every penny and perhaps the best AC yet? Wouldn't know entirely as the 3 I started were never completed!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: May 20, 2019, 12:35:50 pm »
Bayonetta on the switch. Picked it up without knowing anything about it except that it had good reviews, but really enjoying it. The combat has a lot of depth to it, it seems a very rewarding game to put time into.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #308 on: May 20, 2019, 12:36:09 pm »
I don't think Isolation is in VR. Well, not in any official manner. Certainly not on something like PSVR, although it should be. Would love it to be. Would be heart-attack material, though.

Yes it's the "mothervr" mod on PC :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/9y0f3a/mothervr_beta_080_alien_isolation_vr_mod_vr/

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: May 20, 2019, 02:02:00 pm »
Rage 2 on PC. The shooting/gun play and weapon feel is excellent but the story is a bit meh.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: May 20, 2019, 02:39:27 pm »
Rage 2 on PC. The shooting/gun play and weapon feel is excellent but the story is a bit meh.

Yeah, I've read that a lot.  The general consensus seems to be 'bland open world, boring characters, shite story but kick-ass gunplay/combat.  I'm gonna get it just as a quick 15 minutes at a time adrenalin kick.  Starting Metro Exodus tomorrow though, so that first.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: May 20, 2019, 05:22:48 pm »

Yes. Don't quite understand the negativity either. It's not a great game, but a good and fun enough game.

---------------

Finally I started playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild as well, so far I don't agree with everybody saying it's a masterpiece and the greatest game ever. But I'm having a blast with it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 05:25:15 pm by Garlicbread »

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: May 20, 2019, 08:21:14 pm »
Finally I started playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild as well, so far I don't agree with everybody saying it's a masterpiece and the greatest game ever. But I'm having a blast with it.

2 years in and not finished this yet. I'm enjoying it too much (and v v time poor!)
Really love it.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: May 21, 2019, 09:41:42 am »
Yeah, I've read that a lot.  The general consensus seems to be 'bland open world, boring characters, shite story but kick-ass gunplay/combat.  I'm gonna get it just as a quick 15 minutes at a time adrenalin kick.  Starting Metro Exodus tomorrow though, so that first.

The gunplay/combat is excellent. So far its been clearing outposts, missions etc similar to Far Cry but done with doom style combat rather than any stealth.
The crafting, levelling and driving etc is all distinctly average. It looks gorgeous on higher settings. Worth getting if you can get it discounted.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: May 21, 2019, 06:45:00 pm »
3 hours into Metro Exodus and loving it so far.  Looks absolutely beautiful, runs great, one of the most immersive games that I've ever played and the gameplay/combat is really fun. 

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #315 on: May 22, 2019, 01:13:50 pm »
3 hours into Metro Exodus and loving it so far.  Looks absolutely beautiful, runs great, one of the most immersive games that I've ever played and the gameplay/combat is really fun.

The last 2 chapters in this game are stunning, the narrative and build up/tension are excellent.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: May 22, 2019, 01:22:20 pm »
I caved and bought Skyrim at the weekend for the Switch. Amazing how good it is in handheld mode, really is. I know the Switch version is missing all the mods, but it's an excellent game to be able to play on the go.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #317 on: May 23, 2019, 11:09:43 am »
Just started "The Surge" now, only about an hour in, seems alright, just needed something to fill the void and had this downloaded as the free game a month or two ago and never played it :)

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: May 23, 2019, 11:16:27 am »
The last 2 chapters in this game are stunning, the narrative and build up/tension are excellent.

Brilliant.  I'm still only early days as I've been a bit busy, but the immersion is brilliant isn't it.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #319 on: May 23, 2019, 05:44:00 pm »
Had a couple of hours with Total War: Three Kingdoms. Pretty lovely game. Added more complexity to the campaign side although switching back to historical-ish battles from having dragons and fireballs in the Warhammer version is a little bit of a shift down too. Not hugely into Chinese mythologised history but it's got a lot of charm to how it plays.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."