Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3436513 times)

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" Man City Supporters Club (HQ: Torquay)
« Reply #32720 on: August 20, 2019, 12:14:47 pm »
They sold their only consistent scorer in the league last year - in fact he was the only one who got into double figures.

I just don't see where the goals are going to come from. Martial maybe if he hits form, but Rashford isn't going to be a big scorer.

The parrallells with us in the 90s surrounding youth team developed goalscorers are all too obvious too - and like owen or fowler, rashford's best days will come before he turns 25. And for clarity - he's way, way, way off owen or fowler levels now.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" Man City Supporters Club (HQ: Torquay)
« Reply #32721 on: August 20, 2019, 12:22:13 pm »
I think they're a little bit deceptive because of the energy and pace they currently have, because of the younger players. There is quality there but I'm not sure they're that cohesive going forward or in defence. Looks like the egos that were a problem last season are still there and they still look likely to shit the bed when the heat is on.

Wolves took far too long to have a go last night. God knows why any team is respecting/standing off that United side as much as they did.

Utd were coming in with their tails up after a 4-0 win against Chelsea. Wolves would've been wary at how Chelsea were caught on the break.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #32722 on: August 20, 2019, 12:40:18 pm »
Rashford should keep hitting the free kicks too, what an effort he had near the end there

Still waiting for a gif of that. ;D

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #32723 on: August 20, 2019, 02:26:28 pm »
Banter aside, you would be blind to say that they have not improved, or that with 2 or three more additions they won't compete.

Yesterday Adama Traore tore them a new one when he came on, and Wolves should have won at home. But Utd were not as bad as you would think, and they have very young players who will grow.
Defense looks better on paper, but elsewhere they look weaker. They've sold their best striker and they have lost two of their better midfielders.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32725 on: August 20, 2019, 03:12:42 pm »
Progress!

https://twitter.com/rioferdy5/status/1163555137937428480
There was a criticism a few years back from other supporters about how many ex-Liverpool players were in football media as pundits etc, but the amount of ex-Yernited gobshites is bound to be closing on that figure;

Phil Neville - Hasn't a clue
Gary Neville - Ultra biased
Paul Scholes - all the personality of a deckchair
Roy Keane - the best of a bad bunch
Rio Ferdinando - outright shit merchant

There are others, but this 5 is enough.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32726 on: August 20, 2019, 03:37:26 pm »
There was a criticism a few years back from other supporters about how many ex-Liverpool players were in football media as pundits etc, but the amount of ex-Yernited gobshites is bound to be closing on that figure;

Don't forget Owen, little rat's not one of ours

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32727 on: August 20, 2019, 03:56:47 pm »

What's the deckchair done to be compared to a blert like Scholes

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #32729 on: August 20, 2019, 04:36:51 pm »
Shows how mad low they’ve sunk that last night has seemingly impressed some people, they were woeful and barely created anything all night v a mediocre side. There was a time they’d win games like that in first gear, now even their best isn’t enough. It’s great.

wolves aren't a mediocre side.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32730 on: August 20, 2019, 05:22:00 pm »
Is Pogba's miss the first penalty miss in the history of the game?  In going by the UK press it sure seems that way.  On the whole it was a shit game so I suppose without it there really wouldn't be much to say.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #32731 on: August 20, 2019, 05:47:38 pm »
Banter aside, you would be blind to say that they have not improved, or that with 2 or three more additions they won't compete.

Yesterday Adama Traore tore them a new one when he came on, and Wolves should have won at home. But Utd were not as bad as you would think, and they have very young players who will grow.

Manchester United are easily the best club side ever. We'd best hand them the title now
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32732 on: August 20, 2019, 05:55:57 pm »
Manchester United are easily the best club side ever. We'd best hand them the title now

Yup, if their last two games have shown us anything it's that United are back. Corner turned.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32733 on: August 20, 2019, 06:10:11 pm »
Yup, if their last two games have shown us anything it's that United are back. Corner turned.

I'm terrified for when we play them, we've no chance.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32734 on: August 20, 2019, 07:03:30 pm »
Is Pogba's miss the first penalty miss in the history of the game?  In going by the UK press it sure seems that way.  On the whole it was a shit game so I suppose without it there really wouldn't be much to say.

The issue isn't the penalty miss, it's that there isn't a designated penalty taker and the players decided among themselves. Then the guy who decided to take it missed. It's less about Pogba and more about the manager.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #32735 on: August 20, 2019, 08:02:18 pm »
Last season couldn't end quickly enough for Manchester U. Summer brought some respite for their manager, their players, their fans and their pundits. It sort of wiped the slate clean and allowed them all to begin again with fresh hope. That's what close seasons are meant to do. It acts as a purgative. Everyone can dream again when the new season begins again.

But none of the fundamental problems have been solved for the club. Their fans are as deluded as always, their manager is as raw and backward-looking as he was in May, their players are no better, and their pundits are a handful of games from getting all narky and pissed off in front of global tv audiences again.

It won't be long now before everything implodes. We all know it. So do they.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #32736 on: August 20, 2019, 08:10:09 pm »
Last season couldn't end quickly enough for Manchester U. Summer brought some respite for their manager, their players, their fans and their pundits. It sort of wiped the slate clean and allowed them all to begin again with fresh hope. That's what close seasons are meant to do. It acts as a purgative. Everyone can dream again when the new season begins again.

But none of the fundamental problems have been solved for the club. Their fans are as deluded as always, their manager is as raw and backward-looking as he was in May, their players are no better, and their pundits are a handful of games from getting all narky and pissed off in front of global tv audiences again.

It won't be long now before everything implodes. We all know it. So do they.
Ouch  ;D

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #32737 on: August 20, 2019, 08:42:24 pm »

I just don't see where the goals are going to come from. Martial maybe if he hits form, but Rashford isn't going to be a big scorer.

Might do if he takes all their penalties

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32738 on: August 20, 2019, 08:52:33 pm »
Might do if he takes all their penalties
If he takes all of their penalties then he'll hit double figures.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #32739 on: August 20, 2019, 08:55:37 pm »
If he takes all of their penalties then he'll hit double figures.
Probably get the Golden Boot

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #32740 on: August 20, 2019, 10:10:31 pm »
Not a terrible result at Molineux and satisfied ish that we should have won. Lingard is shit and there needs to be another established midfielder in that trio. An actual right winger would be nice too. But we knew all this in May and didn't bother addressing
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #32741 on: August 20, 2019, 10:12:59 pm »
Daniel James is shit too...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #32742 on: August 20, 2019, 10:23:52 pm »
Not a terrible result at Molineux and satisfied ish that we should have won. Lingard is shit and there needs to be another established midfielder in that trio. An actual right winger would be nice too. But we knew all this in May and didn't bother addressing

Don't ever replace Lingard. He's bloody hilarious.

Loved listening to Smith in the commentary trying to explain why Lingard completely fluffed that chance in the area.

Does he have a goal or assist in 2019?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32743 on: August 20, 2019, 10:41:03 pm »
An actual right winger would be nice too.

Were you the one with that Tommy Robinson flag?
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #32744 on: August 20, 2019, 11:08:54 pm »
Were you the one with that Tommy Robinson flag?

;D

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #32745 on: August 21, 2019, 01:54:53 am »
That's exactly what they are, along with the other nothing clubs like Everton.

We're twice the side united is and we'll have to fight like divorcees when we go there. Wolves are better than 70% of the teams in the CL group stage.

The narrative should be Wolves fail to put mediocre United team to the sword.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #32746 on: August 21, 2019, 02:27:05 am »
Going down.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32747 on: August 21, 2019, 07:29:58 am »
Nice work from Sky, shaping the story around the game once again  ::)  Even the Guardian are leading with Solkjaer comments on the penalty this morning.

Seems odd that the story stemmed from Pogba's penalty "miss" - pretty sure he hit the target with a well-struck penalty and was denied by a good save.

It was well saved by the keeper but it was a garbage penalty. Yes he connected well with it but it was in the most savable slot for the keeper.  Calling it a miss is pretty bullshit though!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32748 on: August 21, 2019, 08:11:27 am »
https://twitter.com/Otunba_JamJam/status/1163913020952797184?s=19

Manchester United Fans: Angel Gomes to start against Crystal Palace - Sign the Petition! https://t.co/xEMWBu6KTY via @Change

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #32750 on: August 21, 2019, 08:55:42 am »
https://twitter.com/Otunba_JamJam/status/1163913020952797184?s=19

Ohh bless his little toes!!....he's mistaken his football club for a parliamentary democracy! Millennials ehh..gotta love em.
YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32751 on: August 21, 2019, 09:49:01 am »
Ohh bless his little toes!!....he's mistaken his football club for a parliamentary democracy! Millennials ehh..gotta love em.

Ole would probably pick him if they said he should
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #32752 on: August 21, 2019, 10:37:53 am »
Ole would probably pick him if they said he should

Or if Pogba told him he should.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32753 on: August 21, 2019, 11:03:16 am »
Social media and a huge sense on entitlement are the 21st century equivalent of old football club committees picking the team for the manager. 

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #32754 on: August 21, 2019, 11:23:50 am »
Seeing HQ Torquay in the thread title brings back memories for me. On my first trip to Old Trafford back in the 80s the first thing I noticed walking into the Scoreboard End was a Torquay Reds banner in their paddock.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #32755 on: August 21, 2019, 11:30:37 am »
Daniel James is shit too...

Terrible, terrible dives! Glad he got the yellow but he was really bad

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32757 on: August 21, 2019, 11:39:58 am »
Don't ever replace Lingard. He's bloody hilarious.

Loved listening to Smith in the commentary trying to explain why Lingard completely fluffed that chance in the area.

Does he have a goal or assist in 2019?

This is so good its worth posting again

Q. Did Jesse Lingard get a PL goal or assist in the following months?

May 18? No

Aug 18? No

Sep 18? No

Oct 18? No

Nov 18? No

Dec 2018? YES (4 Goals, 2 assists)

Jan 19? No

Feb 19? No

Mar 19? No

Apr 19? No

May 19? No

Aug 19? No

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #32759 on: August 21, 2019, 12:43:39 pm »

This always confuses me. Lingard defo has the skills. Could it be the manager and his system that don't know how to employ him? Surely Lingard is not shit, or that shit?!