Author Topic: Doping In Sport..  (Read 129975 times)

Online Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: Doping In Sport..
« Reply #1000 on: December 19, 2017, 09:05:05 am »
Didn't know he was coached by Dennis Mitchell - not the greatest ambassador for sprinting!

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1001 on: December 19, 2017, 09:18:43 am »
He's fired Mitchell immediately, if Mitchell has any info that does implicate Gatlin then firing him could be a motivator

Offline Salger

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1002 on: December 20, 2017, 11:34:06 am »
Colin Jackson told the same undercover reporter that it would be unethical to work on the project if drugs were used and actually tried to convince them not to go that route. Good man.

https://twitter.com/benbloomsport/status/943209646608797696

Wir Glauben
2016 Cheltenham Tipster Competition Winner
2022 Aintree Tipster Competition Winner

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: January 12, 2018, 05:25:53 pm »
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1004 on: January 18, 2018, 06:34:31 pm »
Russian Athletes Withdraw From Competition When Drug Testers Arrive

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/01/18/578803048/russian-athletes-withdraw-from-competition-when-drug-testers-arrive

According to the Russian sports website Championat, as many as 36 athletes cited various illnesses for withdrawing from the competition at the city of Irkutsk.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1005 on: March 5, 2018, 08:48:01 am »
So, when are they shutting down Team Sky and British Cycling and all 'Sir' Dave Brailsford's teams?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1006 on: March 5, 2018, 08:50:13 am »
So, when are they shutting down Team Sky and British Cycling and all 'Sir' Dave Brailsford's teams?

Not read the whole thing, but haven't they just said they can't say for certain what was in the bag, and that everything else they did whilst potentially unethical was not against doping rules?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: March 5, 2018, 09:06:39 am »
Not read the whole thing, but haven't they just said they can't say for certain what was in the bag, and that everything else they did whilst potentially unethical was not against doping rules?

The MPs who led the inquiry also suggest that many people find Team Sky’s story about an infamous jiffy bag delivery to Wiggins at a race in 2011 to be entirely implausible. The inquiry claims it was privy to further evidence that the package contained the corticosteroid triamcinolone and not the decongestant fluimucil, as was claimed by Team Sky. If that were ever proved to be true, and triamcinolone was administered to Wiggins at that time, it would amount to an anti-doping rule violation.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/mar/05/bradley-wiggins-and-team-sky-accused-drugs-in-damning-report
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1008 on: March 5, 2018, 09:13:55 am »

The purpose of this was not to treat medical need, but to improve his power-to-weight ratio ahead of the race. The application for the TUE for the triamcinolone for Bradley Wiggins, ahead of the 2012 Tour de France, also meant that he benefited from the performance-enhancing properties of this drug during the race.

See page 29 of the report where we're told that Wiggins may have been treated with triamcinolone on up to nine occasions, during a four-year period, and that: "It would be hard to know what possible medical need could have required such a seemingly excessive use of this drug... [it] seriously calls into question David Brailsford's assertion that Team Sky only use medicines to treat medical need."

Yeah, whatever way you spin that, you're not exactly complying with anti-doping rules.
They've also accused them of misleading parliamentary committee.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: March 5, 2018, 09:31:33 am »
Yeah, whatever way you spin that, you're not exactly complying with anti-doping rules.
They've also accused them of misleading parliamentary committee.

If this turns out to be true it proves how stupid the honours system of handing out knighthoods to anybody who wins something is.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1010 on: March 5, 2018, 09:32:54 am »
If this turns out to be true it proves how stupid the honours system of handing out knighthoods to anybody who wins something is.

Whilst I agree it's stupid, I'm not sure this proves it. I mean that would suggest anyone who wins something needs to be viewed with suspicion of using PEDs.

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1011 on: March 5, 2018, 09:36:59 am »
Whilst I agree it's stupid, I'm not sure this proves it. I mean that would suggest anyone who wins something needs to be viewed with suspicion of using PEDs.

Anyone who wins anything in cycling and athletics needs to be viewed with suspicion of using PEDs.

Online Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1012 on: March 5, 2018, 06:11:54 pm »
Sorry Bradley you may have to pick up the pieces of your life with your family but as you said, who knows what was in the jiffy bag, and that my friend is where it all collapses for me. Someone knows but no fucker can prove it, therefore over your head and the sky team be it.

I wish Dave was still here. He knew an awful lot.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2018, 06:14:40 pm by Ziltoid »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1013 on: March 5, 2018, 06:28:11 pm »
Anyone who wins anything in cycling and athletics needs to be viewed with suspicion of using PEDs.

It really is a shame that both sports are so tainted. Maybe they should just say fuck it, take what the fuck you want.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #1014 on: March 5, 2018, 07:23:26 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/mar/05/bradley-wiggins-and-team-sky-accused-drugs-in-damning-report

There are a few articles on the guardian now- all pretty damning, and supports what some on here have been saying for years.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: March 5, 2018, 07:46:08 pm »
Team Sky and Brailsford claimed not only to be clean but transparent, we are a new type of  British cycling team not sullied by these shady continental practices, we are going to do it by using  “aggregation of marginal gains” which basically was looking for all the 1% improvements that no one else was using, so Sky laughed that nutrition wasn't being taken seriously, the continentals eat Nutella we take nutrition seriously, they invited journalists to observe how clean they were.

But there were lots of unanswered questions, when Paul Kimmage ex-professional cyclist and massive anti drugs campaigner was embedded in the team the relationship with Brailsford quickly broke down, yes they brought in David Walsh but while he had endured years of abuse for his principled opposition to Lance Armstrong there was a feeling he wasn't asking some of the questions that he might of in his younger days. When journalists have asked about the total lack medical records after the convenient loss of a laptop that was the only place the cleanest team supposedly kept all there medical records, the ordering of testosterone patches, why Sky ordered so much triamcinolone, the dodgy packages  being delivered by hand by a member of British Cycling from Manchester of a claimed drug you can buy over the counter in any french chemist, Brailsford proved anything but transparent it was like watching US Postal rather than clean transparent Sky.

The aggregation of marginal gains never really added up, the idea that the 'continental' teams were living in the dark ages spooning down Nutella by the jar was jingoistic and laughable, this was a highly technical sport where riders would ride for various teams and anything Sky was doing or any other team that gave advantage was quickly taken up by other teams and marginal gains would be negated as everyone was onto it. Cavendish wouldn't eat and sleep right while at Sky then go and eat take aways and stay out all night when he went to Dimension Data. No doubt Sky threw money at cycling, the Man City of cycling but that bought high quality riders to act as domestiques to protect their principals.

But the thing many cycling fans couldn't square was that most Grand Tour riders have been outstanding at every stage of their careers, they have won everything as juniors, they have a palmares that predicts they'll become great standout riders, when EPO was prevalent this wasn't the case, riders would dope and their body would be susceptible to big improvements  and average or good riders would suddenly become exceptional out of nowhere. Froome  comes out of nowhere and Wiggins is a track rider who is average domestique next minute they are unbeatable. After Armstrong of course questions will be asked.

Sky are massively tainted and people like Dave 5516 have been arguing this for years, Sky at best have won the TDf with a rider who was using a steriod performance enhancing drug, that allowed you to lose weight and maintain power, even if that is down to Asthma there are other treatments why use the performance enhancing steriod before the TdF and it stretches credibility that Froome has so much sambutamol in his system through taking too much inhaler, anyone who saw him in that Ruta de Sol raised their eyebrows his acceleration up the last climb looked like he was on a  powered motorbike.

Britain likes to think its only nasty foreigners who take drugs but drugs taint cycling because of the money in the sport and the incredible feats of endurance cyclists are supposed to put their bodies through routinely. Sky are tainted.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: March 5, 2018, 07:54:48 pm »
Excellent post 92A, just about sums up my feelings on it. Especially the jingoistic nature of it.

'Right, listen up you dirty foreigners, the British are here. You know us - we never cheat, never have, and have ruled the waves by fair means for hundreds of years! We had an Empire you know! And now we're here, in cycling, to build another empire! We'll show you how it's done!'

All a load of absolute bollocks. Sky are no better than Festina or US Postal Service. They just had an excellent PR machine.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1017 on: March 5, 2018, 08:21:04 pm »
This just the stuff that’s in the public domain too..stuff that came from the Fancy Bears hack
What else don’t we know about
If you scroll back pages in here there are discussions and articles about untraceable genetic manipulative medicines..the kinda stuff that allow fellas who are positively skeletal to put out the power of a traction engine
+6 ticket exchange

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1018 on: March 5, 2018, 09:02:00 pm »
“No rules have been broken, but we believe you cheated.”

Make your minds up.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: March 5, 2018, 09:30:31 pm »
Correction it wasn’t the ruta del sol, that’s the early in the season tour of Andulusia but last years Vuelta the last but one stage on the L’Angliru the one Contrador won Froome’s acceleration to get 2nd looked totally unbelievable as if he was riding up a 2%incline not one of the hardest climbs in a grand tour
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: March 5, 2018, 10:20:17 pm »
Just seen part of Wiggins Dan Roan interview
Shades of every denial in the post EPO times

Gonna get messier..Shane Sutton accusing Wiggins..Wiggins throwing it at Brailsford

Plus on a side he looked like he was wearing a wig

+6 ticket exchange

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1021 on: March 5, 2018, 10:40:13 pm »
From Boxing.

Traces of Clenbuterol found in Canelo's drugs test. 👉 http://bbc.in/2FhVWoi

Clenbuterol is used to treat asthma but can also help build lean muscle mass and burn off fat.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: March 5, 2018, 11:07:06 pm »
From Boxing.

Traces of Clenbuterol found in Canelo's drugs test. 👉 http://bbc.in/2FhVWoi

Tainted steak...common problem with elite sport men’s dinners
+6 ticket exchange

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: March 5, 2018, 11:18:33 pm »
We've all had dodgy meat mate.  ;D

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: March 18, 2018, 05:48:27 pm »
Will they ever catch Mo?

https://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/athletics/ewan-mackenna-mo-farah-has-more-questions-to-answer-than-gold-medals-and-the-facts-are-stacking-up-against-him-36712511.html

Read that yesterday, an awful lot of smoke. Personally i don't think there is the will to expose him. IAAF, UKA & WADA would all be highly embarrassed & a lot of people would lose their jobs. Then there is the likes of sponsors such as nike & his biggest cheerleader the BBC, none of these parties want to see him caught

Online Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1026 on: March 19, 2018, 11:37:11 pm »
An interesting read. I can never have this argument with other runners I know. Head in the sand stuff, it was bad when I used to argue against Armstrong. unfortunately as it's such an individual sport, unlike cycling, I can't see other athletes he runs against speaking out. Nor the press in another country going after him like the French media have gone after various cyclists in the past leading to journalists from other cycling nations doing their own digging.

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1027 on: March 20, 2018, 08:27:03 am »
An interesting read. I can never have this argument with other runners I know. Head in the sand stuff, it was bad when I used to argue against Armstrong. unfortunately as it's such an individual sport, unlike cycling, I can't see other athletes he runs against speaking out. Nor the press in another country going after him like the French media have gone after various cyclists in the past leading to journalists from other cycling nations doing their own digging.

5 of us were on a long run on Sunday & were discussing it. 3 of us open to idea that it's at least suspicious, 1 kept very quiet & the other was a firm believer in Mo, but then he also believes in team sky. The attitude very much exists in this country that its all those nasty Russians & us Brits would never do such a thing. I doubt most people remember that Linford Christie is a proven drugs cheat

Online Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1028 on: March 21, 2018, 09:55:43 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/43483161

Mechanical doping: UCI to announce use of X-ray cameras on Grand Tour stages

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #1029 on: May 25, 2018, 12:40:25 am »
Naughty little article in the Irish Indie about doping in football and Spanish football in particular.

Just the conclusion.

"It is a subject that I prefer to ignore," noted former Spain manager Vicente Del Bosque when once asked about all of this. He's hardly alone and ahead of the weekend game it's worth adding that Jurgen Klopp too has stressed it's not an issue in soccer. But on a dark night you shine the torch directly in front and take one step at time, and Spain's own past and present mean they are that first step.

Recently talking to a strength and conditioning expert they couldn't believe the shape Cristiano Ronaldo was in. That's not to imply wrongdoing, but knowing their field they said a body builder would do well to achieve that look and that is their primary goal when, in the Portuguese's case, it's not really a goal at all because of little linkage between such a body and football benefits.

But maybe he is just a freak.

And maybe Barcelona are just exceptional in maintaining their high-pressing game.

And maybe Les Guignols was out of order.

And maybe Jose Ignacio Wert didn't understand what was happening in his midst.

And maybe Eufemiano Fuentes lied about it all bar cycling.

And maybe Jesus Manzano, Jorg Jaksche and Tyler Hamilton all mistook what they saw.

And maybe Real Sociedad were the only bad egg.

And maybe Luis Garcia Del Moral had changed his morals after his US Postal experience.

And maybe Stephane Mandard risked his credibility and career in making up a story.

And maybe Graham Hunter's perfect clarity was just a moment of crazy.

And maybe lifestyle and age had got the better of Johnny Hallyday.

And maybe Spanish authorities didn't bother because they knew better.

And maybe Spain and their soccer clubs are just better than everyone else.

Maybe it's all a big misunderstanding.

But what if it's not?
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: May 25, 2018, 12:42:54 am »
Does anyone have any stats on how many footballers are tested versus other athletic competitions?
Are they being tested enough in football or is there a blind eye being turned?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1031 on: May 25, 2018, 09:22:14 am »
Does anyone have any stats on how many footballers are tested versus other athletic competitions?
Are they being tested enough in football or is there a blind eye being turned?

Of course it's rife, there is so much money involved it simply has to be. Look at Ronaldo ffs. You don't develop legs and a torso like that without doping.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #1032 on: May 25, 2018, 11:49:49 am »
Of course it's rife, there is so much money involved it simply has to be. Look at Ronaldo ffs. You don't develop legs and a torso like that without doping.
Yes saw that cheeky inclusion of a pic of his veiny legs in one of the videos. (I have no idea if steroids are dope, or if they would show in testing, or would improve a 90 minute game) So if he was dope tested after the final on Saturday, and they had won, and he proved positive, would we end up with old big ears?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 11:59:49 am by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: May 25, 2018, 12:00:10 pm »
Yes saw that cheeky inclusion of a pic of his veiny legs in one of the videos. So if he was dope tested after the final on Saturday, and they had won, and he proved positive, would we end up with old big ears?

No, the match is only annuled if more than three players in a team test positive afaik.

The thing with football is that Fifa is not part of Wada (i think), so testing is less stringent and punishments are more lenient.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1034 on: May 25, 2018, 12:00:20 pm »
I don't get why all top level clubs aren't randomly checked, so all players, at 3 or 4 random times during the season. Literally just an independent team turning up at their training base unannounced and taking samples from every single player. There is enough money in the game to do so. This would be on top of the random player tests that are currently done.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1035 on: May 25, 2018, 12:01:05 pm »
I can't confirm it, but he was allegedly tested after they beat Juventus.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: May 25, 2018, 12:01:53 pm »
I don't get why all top level clubs aren't randomly checked, so all players, at 3 or 4 random times during the season. Literally just an independent team turning up at their training base unannounced and taking samples from every single player. There is enough money in the game to do so. This would be on top of the random player tests that are currently done.

Because people want to see exciting, fast paced football and nobody's complaining.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1037 on: May 28, 2018, 09:49:09 pm »

They are

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1039 on: June 25, 2018, 01:43:22 pm »
One of the threads on here that I love to silently read, as I don't have much expertise to add.....but it is all very intriguing.

imo there simply HAS to be doping in football. Way too much at stake, the corruption of FIFA/UEFA and the money floating around all add up.

I dunno about any players/nations in particular but it will be a sad but inevitable day when things start coming out properly...
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.