Author Topic: Misrepresentations  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Misrepresentations
« on: June 29, 2018, 09:16:39 pm »
There is a locked thread about cyberbullying in the forum attributed to me and locked  a thread i didnt set up, can someone at least be honest in here. i also note only selective posts should i be surprised about stuff like this anymore ?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Re: Misrepresentations
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 10:15:40 pm »
I have changed the topic title to make it plain it has been split from the Brexit topic. It got pulled out to avoid derailing the Brexit topic.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 10:20:10 pm »
Thank you
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 10:45:34 pm »
Unlocked if anyone wants to respond.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 04:20:53 am »
Hi Geoff.

I understand why you and some other members sometimes feel singled out and treated unfairly when a moderator (I mean any moderator) posts a pointed remark. It feels like you are being rebuked or moderated simply because the comment has come from a moderator. But if the comment would not illicit the same feeling if it came from another ordinary member, then it is generally safe to assume that you are probably overreacting. Your views in the Brexit thread are more in the minority. So, you will be more on the pointy end of the stick than most other members. How you feel when you receive such a comment is not unique to you; most of us (including me) will take double-take when a moderator makes a pointed comment towards us. But I try to ask myself, are they 'moderating' me, or just just joining in the same kind of rhetoric as other members and remain within what is generally allowed at the community?

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340542.msg16129107#msg16129107

I think there are all kinds of legitimate pointed retorts which could have been made in response to Alan. But I honestly do not think he was being unfair, picking on you, or as someone else posted, was 'punching down'. I'm sure you can give as good as you get, and Alan could take it too.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 07:25:37 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 06:13:38 pm »
Hi Geoff.

I understand why you and some other members sometimes feel singled out and treated unfairly when a moderator (I mean any moderator) posts a pointed remark. It feels like you are being rebuked or moderated simply because the comment has come from a moderator. But if the comment would not illicit the same feeling if it came from another ordinary member, then it is generally safe to assume that you are probably overreacting. Your views in the Brexit thread are more in the minority. So, you will be more on the pointy end of the stick than most other members. How you feel when you receive such a comment is not unique to you; most of us (including me) will take double-take when a moderator makes a pointed comment towards us. But I try to ask myself, are they 'moderating' me, or just just joining in the same kind of rhetoric as other members and remain within what is generally allowed at the community?

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340542.msg16129107#msg16129107

I think there are all kinds of legitimate pointed retorts which could have been made in response to Alan. But I honestly do not think he was being unfair, picking on you, or as someone else posted, was 'punching down'. I'm sure you can give as good as you get, and Alan could take it too.

No you misunderstood a thread about cyber bullying was set up not by me but wrongly attributed to me,  i never thought what alan posted was cyber bullying just needless, Just wanted that to be put right and it was, point made, case closed, i thought.

Simply a case as of 'Not in my Name'

but i will always stand by what i post in here and fight my corner.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 10:59:49 pm »

Simply a case as of 'Not in my Name'

but i will always stand by what i post in here and fight my corner.
Time has passed and the issue had faded, but there's two important points there. Geoff never made that suggestion, it was - and I'm not overreacting, it was just a fucking imbecile.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 2, 2018, 03:36:04 pm »
Time has passed and the issue had faded, but there's two important points there. Geoff never made that suggestion, it was - and I'm not overreacting, it was just a fucking imbecile.

true now can we lock this please